[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a new DM, having read all the warning on /tg/, I thought I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Yuanti.jpg (78 KB, 250x421) Image search: [Google]
Yuanti.jpg
78 KB, 250x421
As a new DM, having read all the warning on /tg/, I thought I'd never bring my magical realm into the game, but five sessions in, and I already gave my players a cursed sword that will slowly transform one of them into a snakeperson. It just kind of happened.

So what are some fun curses to put on items for low-level characters?
>>
>>46410582
That's your magical realm? I need to play your game.

As for fun low-level curses, gender swap.
>>
File: rHzLKs9.png (226 KB, 750x1091) Image search: [Google]
rHzLKs9.png
226 KB, 750x1091
>>46410582
>never bring my magical realm
On paper that curse is pretty neat.
Things really start getting weird if party keeps bumping into snakepersons around every corner.
>>
>>46410582
>specific as fuck consequence
>just kind of happened
If you say so, senpai.

I once put in a cursed ring of lycanthrope. It turned them into a koala.
>>
>>46411077
In my defense, they found it in an ancient yuan-ti temple. It seems fitting.
>>
>>46411446
So would the makers have considered it 'cursed'?

Think about it and what other implications the sword might bring with it. What other effects it might have.
>>
>>46411495
They would consider it an honor to have wielded it. As for effects, it does +1 to atk and dmg, does poison dmg instead of slashing, and the wearer is immune to poison. I have the transformation mapped out happening over 10 nights, it also brings some perks, such as a bite attack and an increase in AC and unarmed damage. There's a lot of good sides to this curse, I want to make it hard choice for whoever gets it, to try to find a dispell or decide to stay that way.
>>
Snake curse? Okay!
>You think it's a wand of Cure Light Wounds... but its actually a Wand of Summon Venomous Snakes!
> The +1 Chain mail attracts every snakes for miles around. Every. Snake.
> A mirror which slowly turns all of a character's hair into snakes.
>>
>>46411648
>You think it's just a belt, but it's actually a very camouflaged snake!
>You think it's just a dungeon hallway, but it's actually the inside of a ginormous snake!
>You think you're rolling dice, but it's actually snake eggs!
>You think you're sitting ona chair, but it's actually your DM's snake-waifu's lap!

Bonus points if the DM has a pet snake.
>>
>>46411798
EVERYTHING IS SNAKES
>>
File: tumblr_nknvwdzDVz1rdutw3o4_500.gif (992 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nknvwdzDVz1rdutw3o4_500.gif
992 KB, 500x213
>>
File: But_it_was_me_Dio!.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
But_it_was_me_Dio!.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>46411648
>>46411798
You thought it was snakes...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.