[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
come on mtg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1455761627837s.jpg (38 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
1455761627837s.jpg
38 KB, 312x445
It's been like 30 years, wizards of the coast. I want a real Urza planeswalker or card! (or atleast a Squee one).

Why has he never gotten a card, he's the cooliest?
>>
>>46408200

He'd have 0 loyalty and be unplayable because he's a fucking traitorous nigger.

Also, his ability would be like "0: Search your library for all your artifacts and put them into play. -0: Exile your eyeballs and replace them with diamonds".
>>
>>46408200
Wait for Commander 2016.
>>
>>46408410
I'd play that
>>
They are obviously saving Urza or some form or aspect of him as the BBEG in some future set. They would run out of targets for the Super Friends to Channel+Fireball otherwise.
>>
>INB4 Kain
>>
>>46408565
Urza is dead, Sonja. The Jacetice League will never meet him.
>>
>>46408200
Because despite what >>46408565 seems to think, they've confirmed with 100% certainty that he's super super dead never coming back ever, so the only way he's getting a planeswalker card is if it's in a supplemental product showing him as he was in the past.
As well, nobody can ever agree on what color he was, other than Not Green.
>>
>>46408603
WUUBR

Done.
>>
>>46408598
>>46408603
Just wait until they run out of ideas. It's not like no one ever came back to life in Magic.
>>
>>46408603
Colorless, duh
>>
>>46408647
They said on multiple occasions he's dead. Yawgmoth is dead forever, too.

He's not coming back. I'm so sorry.
>>
File: 11.jpg (60 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
60 KB, 312x445
>>46408200
>cooliest
Come on, son.

Do you remember when wizards of the coast released Gerrard?
Probably not.
This SUPER AWESOME AMAZING GUY FROM THE BOOK IN CARD FORM! WHOA! EVERYTHING they were leading up to! He has to be amazing right?!
Spoiler: it was shit
Honestly it was their own fault, but after that they were gunshy about making the MAIN HEAVY players into cards. I would argue the only reason Planeswalkers became cards was because of that whole "mending" thing to make them weaker for card form.

Around Rise of the "Memedrazi", they had Emrakul which I felt they were LESS gunshy given they had time to think about things, but WHOOPS they made the unstoppable creature too good.

"Shut up old man, stop lecturing me."

The point is, they are never going to make a Urza card. Nor Yawgmoth. The legacy is to much to live up too. If the cards suck, people will bitch, if the cards are too good, people will bitch. It's a wash.
And the longer time goes on, the less likely it will be since most of the people of that era are out the door or on their way out the door to retirement.

>>46408410
>>because he's a fucking traitorous nigger.
Go to bed Jace.
>>
>>46408688
Why would Jace care that Urza betrayed everyone so he could join Yawgmoth, which isn't even something that was just in the novels but was shown on the cards themselves?
>>
>>46408688
I dunno, that gerrard card is bad-ass
>>
>>46408718
It's a 3/4 5 drop that very slowly heals you and drains your mana pool to tap one creature, and only does so under specific circumstances.

And it's supposed to represent a man who is basically intended to be smug fantasy Master Chief with commencement issues.
>>
>>46408894
i.e bad-ass?
>>
Why the fuck is there no sexy fan-art of Urza?
rule 34 has failed me...
>>
>>46408603
So we revisit Timespiral, one of the blocks is alternate past, and alternate past Urza is mono-green.
>>
>>46408410
>He'd have 0 loyalty
Oath of Gideon solves that.
Negative loyalty is impossible since there's no anti-loyalty counters.
>>
>>46408894
>commencement issues
he dropped out of school?
>>
File: Glasses.png (327 KB, 495x498) Image search: [Google]
Glasses.png
327 KB, 495x498
>Planeswalker
>Squee
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.