[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nurgle is such a fucking stupid concept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: stupidstupidstupid.jpg (84 KB, 817x588) Image search: [Google]
stupidstupidstupid.jpg
84 KB, 817x588
Can you imagine what went on in the Games Workshop boardroom when Nurgle was introduced?

CEO prick: Okay guys, we got 3 chaos gods, but we really need a fourth to balance it out and give each god another one to be opposed to. Any ideas?

Junior executive: Uhhh, how about a god a plague and disease?

CEO prick: sounds good, but why would anyone worship him?

Junior executive: ........Because.....He loves you....?

CEO prick: Brilliant! For this great idea we're giving you a bonus of 6 extra space marine figures this month. Thats worth at least $11,000 on the market.

Junior executive: Oh thank you sir, thank you so much *licks CEO's asshole"

CEO prick: Okay everybody, I think that's a wrap on the chaos god nonsense. Who's up for sushi?
>>
The whole thing with Isha is really cool though.

You see any other chaos god with a waifu? Is that not love?
>>
>>46389075
You don't know a single thing about Nurgle do you
>>
OP is a faggot, and is painfully unfunny.
>>
>>46389075
Honestly, if I had to choose between sensate torture, unending murderous rage slaughter, outright madness, or being free from all pain and just sort of being a rotting smelly blight on the world... I think I'd choose the latter.
>>
File: 1424119455074.jpg (131 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1424119455074.jpg
131 KB, 1280x1024
Ah, the "Nurgle is a loving, benevolent god" meme.

You're retarded OP. Followers of Nurgle don't do so because they think Nurgle is going to love them and care about them. Nurgle is not a kind and affectionate god. The whole "Papa Nurgle" thing is just a jolly farce; a perverse corruption of the concept of a loving father. e attracts followers by promising them the same thing as every other Chaos god, and that's power. Khorne through martial prowess and brutality, Slaanesh through sensual grace and allure, Tzeentch through guile, trickery and a mastery of magic and Nurgle taking away pain and setting his followers free.

Nurgle is not a caring deity. He's a Chaos god.
>>
>>46389146
But Nurgle cares about all life. From the mewling babies to the bacteria of plagues. He wants to protect them all and create more life.
>>
File: 9617853.jpg (114 KB, 454x418) Image search: [Google]
9617853.jpg
114 KB, 454x418
>>46389075

Oh you're so funny and clever, OP.
>>
>>46389157
Nurgle is the god of desolation, decay, destruction and disease. He visits the most horrid plagues he can conjure up on the material universe and laughs about it while torturing the actual Eldar goddess of life.

Show me any hint of Nurgle not being an awful creature.
>>
File: 1459163159299.png (92 KB, 503x257) Image search: [Google]
1459163159299.png
92 KB, 503x257
>>46389075
You do realize the whole "Papa Nurgle" thing is a meme, right?
>>
>>46389075

Nurgle's essentially a god of fear more than of decay. You're quite right that most wouldn't serve him willingly, but when faced with their own mortality and frailty in an incredibly dangerous universe, people turn to Nurgle out of desperation.

And from then on there, as with all chaos gods, once you're onboard it fucks with your mind until you start to regard the rot and decay as pure and glorious.
>>
>>46389183
>Show me any hint of Nurgle not being an awful creature.

He punished a mortal follower for bullying insects and small animals.
>>
I bet you're the funny one in your circle of friends OP
>>
>>46389157
only because they play a part. They are his helpless subjects, he promises them freedom from pain and death and disease by switching off the part of the brain that considered pain, death, and disease as a bad thing.
>>
File: OP.jpg (18 KB, 243x322) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
18 KB, 243x322
>OP's face
>>
>>46389075
You hate Nurgle but you should love him. Afterall he gave you herpes.
>>
File: 1411832947295.png (30 KB, 222x196) Image search: [Google]
1411832947295.png
30 KB, 222x196
>>46389075
If someone told me there could be people this stupid I'd not have believed until now.
>>
File: gurgle.png (334 KB, 746x1008) Image search: [Google]
gurgle.png
334 KB, 746x1008
>>46389075
OP you're a maggot, but papa still loves you
>>
This has been an official Cracked dot com New Article Beta Test. Thank you for participating!
>>
>>46389157
Nurgle is about the constant propagation of disease and decay. There has to be life in order for that to happen.

The existence of life just further facilitates his own goals.
>>
>>46389183
he's fat and he's smiling

it's common knowledge that smiling fatasses can't be evil
>>
but OP werent the blood god and nurgle introduced first? nice bait tho
>>
>>46389075
He also gives eternal life.
>>
Why even give in to chaos though? Sure you get immortality but its hardly worth it.
>>
>>46389075
Epic rant OP :) really captured the feel of those GW fools! Such satire!

LOL that will show them :)
>>
>>46389942
oh, just shut up Bradley
>>
Please make it stop
>>
>>46390011
What's the matter Tricia, do you feel being raped?
>>
Hey OP I think you missed /whfb general/ I hear dank memes about GW are all the rage among people who were totally going to start collecting bretonnians just before they got squatted, honest
>>
>>46389139
You already chose the latter, anon.
You wouldn't be here otherwise.
>>
Nurgle is like Bernie Sanders. Big promises from a seemingly nice guy, but ultimately you're being tricked into a malaise.
>>
>>46389075
if i want to make an isha cult army would i make:

-an eldar army converted and painted with pestilence.
-a chaos space marine army with her symbols
-a cultist army with her symbols and some cleric conversions
-a deamonette army converted with pestilence.
>>
OP here, you're all calling me names but I don't see any arguments saying I'm wrong. Nurgle is a stupid concept and i would be baffled that anyone is disagreeing with me, were it not for the fact that this is 4chan and it's popular amongs the <15 crowd to be contrary to everything.
>>
>>46389075

Nurgle is the God of despair which is a truly powerful emotion.

It's really easy to see why people would turn to him during times of plague when people die all around you for seemingly no rational reason what so ever and the fear of getting infected grows so strong that you don't even dare to help your own loved ones. The desperation for any kind of salvation from the disease that rages through your community afflicting the good as well as the bad and the evil as well as the saintly and leaves half the people dead and most of the survivors horribly mutilated is something that most people in the west today can't even fathom.
>>
>>46390349
If I keep to your level: Go educate yourself.

If I'm to swallow the bait: Nurgle is fear, despair and the will to live, regardless, born out of facing your (often imminent) mortality. The fact that his portfolio contains sickness is simple: When you or your loved ones are slowly wasting away you are confronted with your own mortality, and would very much like to avoid dying.
So you call out to something to have mercy, something to save you and that something became Nurgle. Death and disease, fear and despair being called upon to save you from itself. Which he does, in a sense.
You dont have to fear death, you dont have to worry anymore. The sickness takes care of you now, it cares for you now.
It loves you now.
>>
>>46389075

Apollo was also god of diseases, yet he was worshipped. For that matter, Nergal (the Babylonian god who presided over death and sickness) was also worshipped, albeit in an attempt to keep his attention away from spreading death and sickness.

tl;dr- People will worship anything. A rock, a sky god, even a dead Jew on a stick.
>>
>>46390454
everything now is bait or copypasta. Who would betray the empire and emperium, and sell their immortal soul because they have space cancer? Thats even weaker than the slaanesh followers.
>>
>>46390524
Imperium*

before you dildos point it out and use it as an "argument"
>>
OP here again. None of you even like Nurgle, you just wanna argue because being contrarian is "cool" and "edgy" on 4chan.
>>
>>46390524
Anyone who is afraid of dying, which is just about everyone
>>
>>46390542
Personally? I quite like Nurgle, he provides an interesting foil to the other gods because unlike thhhem he represents the only 'God' regular intelligent people could be tricked into worshipping.

His 'blessings' are plauges disguised, meant to bring pain famine and death, but for the faithful a freedom from those things. He represents endlessness, and the perpetuation of stagnation. Those in power could follow him to 'stagnate' their positions in life. The dying would pray to him for freedom from their pain and even death. The cruel and vindictive would praay to him for vengeance, a pox to spread on their enemies or a pox to boon themselves.

The best thing about disease for Nurgle is that it is a perfect double edged sword, a killer disease can be repurposed into a boon, such as the destroyer plauge Either killing spehss mehreens or making them Plauge Mehreens.

In the end he is no better than the other's, but he hides it under a 'beneficient' and 'fatherly' guise, meaning he is the most dangerous... because reasonable people could and probably do worship him... after all, who can hate such a giving father?
>>
>>46389075

Dont worry anon, Nurgle still loves you
>>
>>46390095
Trump is Khorne
Saunders is Nurgle
Ted is Slaanesh
and Hillary is Tzeentch
>>
>>46389146
This
In my game, Nurgle and his demons just use a "loving" exterior for extra creepiness and sadism
>>
>>46390102
>isha
>Pestilence

Pick one
>>
>>46391720
Well there's that theory that there is no Isha, Isha is just Nurgle crossdressing and pretending to be an elf princess while fapping.
>>
>>46390835

Dont insult Slaanesh like that.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.