[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best class/character archetype for an "all-(class)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: 1454048936587.jpg (257 KB, 1280x828) Image search: [Google]
1454048936587.jpg
257 KB, 1280x828
What's the best class/character archetype for an "all-(class) party?"
All-wizard is a classic.
I think all-rogue would be fun.
What do y'all think?
>>
A party of barbarians is super funny.

>Nobody can read
>No magic
>Everything can be solved by varying levels of violence
>Absolutely insufferable and obnoxious outside of battle
>Well-oiled murder machine in battle with a lot of showboating, hooting and hollering
>Party wipes happen instead of single character deaths because stubborn
>>
All bard party.

You're a boy band out on an adventure to fuck the entire world.
>>
Warlock or bard, they are really flexible.
>>
>>46368446
All Fighter party.
In a campaign designed for an All Rogue one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReUaQlsZZ5I
>>
>>46368525
>Party shows up to play a gig.
>Find the show is already over.
>Venue is trashed, panties everywhere, not a girl in sight.
>All-Elf band loads their last bit of gear into their wagon.
>"Smell ya later, nerds."

And thus a rivalry is born. Party follows the elves around, playing shows, trying to one-up each other and fuck the towns population first.

I'd play that.
>>
>>46368446
im DMing pathfinder rise of the runelords with an all rouge party(ninjas too), its pretty cool.

They like to sneak around and execute deadly ambushes with all dat sneak attack dice
>>
>>46368446
What about the whole party following one theme?

My party did that once with everyone choosing the ''light/holy'' archetypes and once with the ''dark/edgy'' archetypes.

All light party: UDL warlock, Light paladin, Sun monk, Light domain Cleric, Favoured soul with light domain, abjurer wizard.

Edgy party: Spiky barbarian dwarf, shadow-monk, shadow-sorc, vengeance pally,mastermind rogue, necromancer.
>>
>>46368446
Something similar is in order.

All brawler party.

The whole party gets the grappler and tavern brawler feat at lvl 1.

This turned out hilariously broken after we did a prison escape and tied up all the guards, throwing them into our old cell.
>>
File: 120818-400x263.jpg (26 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
120818-400x263.jpg
26 KB, 400x263
>>46368446
All paladins.
>>
>>46368446
I prefer all-[theme] party instead of all-[class]. The kind of thing that gives the party some leg room in terms of class, but still unites them under some banner. All pirates, all followers of a certain god, all inventors, all students of a magical academy, all members of a forest tribe/druidic sect, all escaped convicts, etc. etc.
>>
All Bard metalocalypse is the only way
>>
What would a thief/mage hybrid be called?
>>
>>46368517
All-barbarian is great. It's just a wall of meat storming through dungeons and beating the shit out of each and every plot hook.
>>
>>46370269
bard
>>
>>46368654
What happens when the poor fools run into a plant, construct, elemental, or undead enemy?
>>
>>46369313
Oh look at the time, it's crusade o'clock.
>>
>>46370269
Arcane Trickster.
>>
>>46368446
All clerics of different gods.
>>
>>46370288
For years, I've wanted to play in a game where the PCs are a band on tour.
>>
>>46372654
Deus vult!
>>
i dunno about the later editions but 3.0 and 3.5 i think i would have to say a party of all clerics would be the most over powered of the all one class partys.
>>
though i would say not the most fun to play.
>>
>>46373322
>>46373361
>not enjoying roaming the world competing over who can convert the most pagans and having theological debates
>>
>>46368446

I really do think all Witches can work really well, or at least be very entertaining.
>Hedge Healer
>Scarred Tank
>Debuffer
>Blaster
>Summoner
>>
>>46370241
>Nathan: bard/barbarian
>Skiswgaar: bard/bard
>Murderface: bard/warrior
>Toki: bard/cleric
>Pickles: bard/alchemist
>>
Martial Artists.
>>
>>46368446
All druid
>>
How has no one mentioned all-monk party? You could even add a power ranger / super sentai theme to all the monks.
>>
All rogues Ocean's Eleven campaign.

All druids campaign focusing on destroying civilization.

All monks goofy kung-fu movie-esque campaign.
>>
>>46375580
>A great master had two apprentices.
>One, a great warrior, the other, a wise sage.
>The warrior demanded to take over the dojo upon the master's death, claiming he was the greatest.
>The master put his two apprentices to the test to see who deserved the dojo.
>The sage outwitted the warrior, and won the challenge.
>Long after the master's passing, the warrior returns and murders the sage, driving his students into exile.
>Students must train mind and body to challenge the warrior, put the sage to rest, and restore balance to the ki of the dojo.

It'll be a bit like TMNT, but without turtles and rats and New York.
Dammit. Now I want to run this.
>>
>>46368446

All Rogue
>Operatives operating operations: the RPG

All Barbarian
>DEATH AND/OR GLORY!

All Fighter
>Medieval Small-Unit Tactics Simulator 2016, learn new exciting terms such as mordhau and halfswording, as well as making new rules on the fly!

All Wizard
>So why aren't you playing Mage: the Ascension?
>>
>>46368517
>>46370285

Just for you Two: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/20013482/
>>
Doesn't come up very often but all magus/spellsword can be pretty fun. A bunch of ANCIENT MYSTICAL WARRIORS OF PROUD ANCIENT TRADITIONS all trying to one up each other and giving their attack-spell combinations ridiculous names.
>>
>>46368446
>All Witch party
>Coven of witches that run around causing trouble. Possibly trying to resurrect the physical body of an old god or some shit.

>All inquisitor party
>HERESY EVERYWHERE
>EVERY
>WHERE
>BURN
>ALL
>THE
>HERESY
>>
Best theme one my group did was militant church members comprising of a half human/angel inquisitor, centaur cavalier of the church, orc cleric, and warforged paladin. We also had a few dmpcs thrown in for flavor.
>>
>>46369313
>posts an image of one of the real world inspirations of the cleric class
>paladins

Well done, you've triggered me.
>>
>>46382374
>Templars
>Clerics

You mean the knights hospitaliers right?
>>
>>46380850
All Techpriest Party. Praise the Omnissiah!
>>
>>46382416
I mean the military orders in general, including all the big shots as well as relative obscurities like the Order of Aviz. Gygax's cleric was meant to be and explicitly described as a guy from one of the crusading orders, inexplicably crossed with Van Helsing. But regardless of the confused power-set, you've got a fairly coherent idea (crusader) that has since sludged into "god-loving magic-user", leaving a void that people desperately try to plug with whatever's closest to hand. So the Paladin gets reworked from its (very obviously secular) origins into a churchman.
>>
>>46373322
All druid party is far more terrifying with their giant bear army. Most summoning additional bears, one casting enlarge animal on the group, and another summoning storms or something all while they themselves are also bears
>>
File: this_is_how_I_barbarian.png (467 KB, 788x608) Image search: [Google]
this_is_how_I_barbarian.png
467 KB, 788x608
>>46376753
This story immediately came to mind as I was reading.
>>
File: Badass_Monks_.jpg (42 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
Badass_Monks_.jpg
42 KB, 450x370
>>46375091
I'd play it.
>>
>>46368525
>Everyone gives eachother bardic inspiration
>>
>>46380192
Sounds like Fairy Tail and/or Seven Deadly Sins. I'd play it.
>>
>>46368525
I was THIS close to getting my fellow players to play an group of nothing but halfling bards as traveling performers in an up-coming Curse of Strahd game. If I had kept badgering one player, I could have pulled it off... to this day, I curse my lack of willingness to ruin a friendship for the sake of a theme.
>>
File: Druids.jpg (91 KB, 607x743) Image search: [Google]
Druids.jpg
91 KB, 607x743
>>46387625
All Druid party in an intrigue campaign
>>
>>46369313
if medieval or fantasy the Pally. AC and heals, also Cha to charm the way.
Other wise Space Marines.
>>
File: Lasko.jpg (42 KB, 324x489) Image search: [Google]
Lasko.jpg
42 KB, 324x489
>>46375091
>>46386767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4auY33kMpI
>>
All slav party.
Goal of getting enough money to buy new tracksuits, flatcaps, and gold chains.

Or an all psyker party.
First one to perils wins.
>>
I was once in a campaign where we played a group of Dwarven brothers. I couldnt convince one of the players to be a dwarf but he chose shardmind instead and became our walking insurance policy. We were all waiting for him to die so we could harvest him afterward.

It was really fun being a group of dwarves.
>>
>>46387625
Little bitch
>>
>>46372776
>Your Godfu as shit!
>No! Your Godfu a shit!
>No! Both of your Godfu a shit!

Ad infinium.
>>
>>46368446
>all-class party
>not all-cat party
it's almost like you don't want to be the ultimate force of chaos in your world
>>
>>46393483
How the fuck does that work?

>DM: You all meet in a tavern.
>PC: I knock all the tankards off the bar. The peasants can't stop me, I've got Small bonuses to AC.
>>
>>46376735
my keks
>>
>>46393667
>DM: You all meet in the basement of a tavern. The owner got you to get rid of the rats because you're cheaper than adventurers. Roll for initiative.
Alternatively:
>DM: You all meat in Chinese restaurant. How do you escape butcher?
>>
>>46368446
I appreciate the all-paladin party. Five knights of disparate faiths and practices overcoming the boundaries of differing dogma for the cause of righteousness.

The all Warlord (a la Path of War) party would also be pretty cool, if everyone specialized primarily in a different Discipline and each member teaching some of the tricks of their main Discipline to the others.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.