[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap easy to paint 40k models
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1319466271064.jpg (831 KB, 669x960) Image search: [Google]
1319466271064.jpg
831 KB, 669x960
So I was wanting a little project to throw some cash at and I've been getting into the 40K lore so I thought I'd get like $30 worth of models and paint them. I was wondering what armies are easy to paint and aren't crazy expensive.
I know you can get Standard Smurfs and Blood Angels for like a dollar a model on eBay, but I wanted to try something a little different that isn't a cheap Chinese knockoff.
I was thinking a squad of Grey Knights because I have a boner for terminators and they are a pretty good army that isn't model heavy if I decide to buy more and actually play from what I gathered.
Any advice would be appreciated!
>>
>>46365596
Find an army you love and build that. It probably won't be cheap, but it'll be worth the money.
>>
>>46365625
Yeah i get that, but I'm talking like 2-5 models for now, not even close to a full army just cool ones to look at.
>>
>>46365643
You should still pick what you like.
>>
>buy squad of necron warriors
>spray with gun metal primer
>apply nuln oil
>paint eyes
>attach Gauss green bits

All done
>>
>>46365655
I guess that is true, seems stupid to shave off a few bucks to get something I'm not happy with, any advice for the best site to buy them?
>>
>>46365643
there is a starter kit of three snap together marines with some paints for 33 bucks MSRP
>>
>>46365733
At first I wanted to get one of those Tesseract Vaults and paint that, but I didn't realized how expensive prisons for cosmic horrors were.
>>
>>46365735
amazon sometimes. Shop around, or support your friendly local game store as they often give a ~20% discount on GW

you can get lots of cheap models on ebay if you play a popular faction but they often need extra prep work first like stripping the paint
>>
>>46365820
Oh wow, the only starter sets I've seen are at my local game store and they are like $80.
>>
>>46365862
I'll look into that for sure, thanks dudlio!
>>
>>46365820
you should really consider that if you do not want to drop like 50$ on paints alone
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.