[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General: Collateral Damage and Occupational
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: tumblr_nhxa6aVa8i1tk2a3ao4_540.png (233 KB, 540x310) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhxa6aVa8i1tk2a3ao4_540.png
233 KB, 540x310
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/

At your table, what makes a Shadowrunner too much of a liability to their team to be worth keeping around? A criminal record? An HMHVV infection? A penchant for indiscriminate murder?
>>
I'm going to be playing a non magic non augmented combat character with a corporate sin. Is that too much of a liability?
>>
>>46354314
Can someone give me the sauce on that pic? Is it a legit thing?
>>
>>46354316
>Mundane
>No Cyber
>Combat Character

You'd best consider playing a juicer in that case, because with no mojo and no ware the only way you're keeping up with other dedicated combatants is a cocktail of drugs.
>>
>>46354389
In Japan, tabletop rpgs are advertised with game books. People transcribe their sessions and edit it into a narrative, and then publish their play sessions under the license of the company that produces the RPG. It's a really popular thing over there.

That picture is the cover from one of the Shadowrun books that ran to advertise 4E.
>>
>>46352933

I liked the atmosphere in HK, but I hated the shit out of Cheng, she even went as far as to call my character a little shit. I was really disappointed with the lack of disrespectful dialogue choices with her. Even if she views herself as the boss, their relationship was purely business; she didn't own my character, who was doing jobs for her simply because it paid the bills. If she views a symbiotic relationship as one where the other gets to throw shit at the other, then she deserves a shotgun blast up the cunt.

In the end they gave you two choices, either to stay under the bitch's skirt or get your SIN reinstated. Working with Cheng wasn't an option so I guess my character's shadowrunning days were over. Thanks devs!

A bit disappointing in all of the games was how on-the-rails they were. I mean sure you could choose in which order you did the runs, but that was as far as it went. You didn't even have a lot of wiggle room inside the missions.

7/10 games, all of them.
>>
>>46354438
Do these things ever get translated? Do I have the chance to read a shadowrun manga?
>>
>>46354605
It wasn't really a symbiotic relationship though.
You needed Cheng, she held all the cards. She could at any time just toss you out of her little dock area and you would have been fucked.

>>46354663
IIRC, no.
>>
>>46354316
I mentioned this last thread, but you really won't need any points in magic or more than like, D rating cash (you could probably get away with E), so, if you're a human you can just go
>Metatype C (for 5 points to bump your Edge to 7)
>Attributes A (24 attributes)
>Skills A (48 Skills/10 Skill groups)
>Magic E (mundane)
>Cash E (6,000Y)
Spend some starting karma to get a bit of extra cash, and then you've got a character who has really high base dicepools for most stuff, is skilled in a fuckton of things, and can boost any diceroll by 7 dice, or reroll any diceroll up to seven times before needed to get edge back.
>>
>>46354809

>You needed Cheng, she held all the cards. She could at any time just toss you out of her little dock area and you would have been fucked.

Not really, the SIN was already burned, and the character had some money from the runs. She could have found a flat, and a new fixer to do business with.

My character would have told Cheng to fuck off the first chance she got. Never turned up.
>>
>>46354878
>*ring ring*
>Hello Lonestar, the two niggas you are looking for are here, who I am isn't important.
Also, good luck trying to do business in Hong Kong when you get blacklisted by a major member of a major triad for telling her to fuck off.
>>
>>46354930

Face job, new identity. Being a nobody beats being someone's bitch.

And the triads would have rivals who would be happy to take you along for the ride. Possibly even help you settle the score.
>>
>>46354864
That's what I'm going to do if our DM uses the Sum to Ten, if not I'll have to B skills.
>>
>>46354988
Sure, okay, if it was a tabletop shadowrun game, that would fly and it sounds like it could be interesting, but obviously you have to consider the limitations of games, namely, they're static and have limited time/budget, not every choice can radically change the course of the game halfway through (especially not with a small studio like HBS)
Still, even if you eventually went down the same path you could change things about it, for example, getting the good end actually required you to take initiative and do your own research, the choice between having Gaichu join your team or having to kill the elders (in most cases), etc.
No game is ever going to compare to an actual tabletop game in the compartment of player agency.
>>
>Playing new game over Roll20 and skype right now
>Game is running as I type this
>First run is going okay
>GM "uhs" and "ums" a lot but doesn't seem awful
>Get sent to steal a bike from some gangers
>Sneak into their territory
>Decker decides to check to see if any of them left anything running wireless that he can hack
>Decker asks the gm if there's any noise
>"No it's pretty quiet"
>Decker clarifies that he means matrix noise
>"Matrix what?"
>Noise penalties, for matrix traffic or distance
>GM says he only read the combat rules
>GM goes combing through the book to check Matrix rules while the Decker tries to scan for Matrix traffic
>I am watching the GM try to lean the Matrix rules in real time while running his game
>It's literally the first time he's ever even glanced at the pages upon pages of Matrix rules
>The GM has been slowly step by step through the book trying to figure out what the Decker is doing for almost an hour now
>Refuses help, says he "needs to learn this stuff anyway"
>The Decker hasn't even gotten a mark on anything yet

KILL ME

JUST FUCKING KILL ME
>>
>>46354988
Cheng seems like the kind of person who holds a grudge, I don't think getting away would that easy
>>
File: 1455918205669.gif (2 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1455918205669.gif
2 MB, 260x146
>>46355173
>>
>>46355165

Yeah, fair enough. I constantly find myself being constricted by writing in games, but that's my fault and not necessarily the game's.
>>
>>46355201

Then Cheng really does need a shotgun blast up her cunt.
>>
>>46355220
Cant wait for the day we get AI's that can run games in real time and react to organic player choices.
>>
>>46355242

>AI's that can run games in real time and react to organic player choices.

I'm throwing money at the screen, why isn't anything happening?
>>
File: born2feel.jpg (152 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
born2feel.jpg
152 KB, 746x982
>>46355173
oh
I'm
I'm so sorry.
>>
Is there any word on a new Shadowrun Video game? Just finished Hong Kong and i think the games are really going from strength to strength.
>>
>>46355457
Right now HBS is working on a battletech game, so no, not for a while.
There's chronicles, but we don't talk about chronicles.
>>
Is mystic adept a trap option?
>>
>>46355568
I would call it an advanced option. MysAd is really good if you know how to build one right, but that isn't always intuitive and can go disastrously wrong really easily.
>>
>>46355488
What's wrong with chronicles?
>>
>>46355633
It's like the FPS.
>>
>>46355631
I was thinking of making a physical-based mage who uses the Channeling metamagic to boost his stats. Not sure if I should make the character a straight mage (or even an aspected magician), or if it would benefit from adept powers.
>>
Hey, ummmm I have some cyberzombie questions.

1) How much discomfort do they cause mages? I know there the magical equivalent of a toxic waste dump, but what kind of effects does this cause a mage from an RP/Lore standpoint.

2) Does the whole magic thing allow them to effect spirits in any way, or does the whole "no touchy" thing still apply.

3) Since there is so much machinery keeping them alive and moving would it be posible for an AI to bodyjack one?
>>
File: 1429039442349.jpg (68 KB, 479x370) Image search: [Google]
1429039442349.jpg
68 KB, 479x370
>>46355173
>>
>>46355173
Has he figured it out yet?
>>
>>46355173
Reminds me of myself when I thought matrix dmg = mental dmg and the decker himself didn't bother to read the thing too.

He did get knocked out by the first killer IC attack combined with the ejection shock.

Well learning by doing I guess.
>>
>>46355905
btw: whats the average enemy level and quantity you throw at new runners?
>>
>>46355173
....was that the Miami game on roll20?
>>
>>46356061
10 PR2 goons unless they stick around for the HTR team
>>
>>46356138
thx chummer will try this ratio
>>
>>46355896
No. He eventually gave up, had the decker roll against a number he made up for the gangers' firewalls, and let him do what he wanted when he got hits. He promises he'll read the real rules soon.

We're in combat now. He is a lot better at combat than he's been at anything else, for what its worth.
>>
>>46352746
>>46352625
Binding a spirit is the difference between a servant whose enthusiasm and willingness to follow the spirit (heh) of a service matters, and one who has no further choice in the matter.
>>
Is there any way to buy a specialty post-chargen in chummer or do I have to write them down somewhere else?
>>
File: 1455328438848.jpg (62 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1455328438848.jpg
62 KB, 640x960
>>46355845
1)Well, there is an actual magical equivalent to toxic waste dumps, and that's toxic waste dumps poisoning the local mana. Cyberzombies have nothing on that. A lot of people wouldn't like to be near them, not just Awakened, because their aura is all kinds of fucked up and that repels you subconsciously, like a fa/tg/uy walking near a group of women. Someone who directly Assensed them would get a nightmarish image.

Basically it's the heebee-jeebees unless you really try to screw yourself over, in which case you may throw up depending on your constitution.

2) No, they have no special powers or weaknesses relating to spirits, although I can imagine that a lot of civic-minded spirits would want to destroy them for everyone's sake.

3) Dependent on the cyberzombie and the GM, but I'd say no in the case of 'regular' cyberzombies. Just as the decker's headware doesn't turn him into a mechanical slave, neither would a cyberzombie's allow that; they're not RC cars, they're independent beings that happen to be riddled with 'ware, and unless someone replaced the entire brain with a computer an AI can't assume direct control. unless CFD
>>
>>46356761
in career mode click on skills and then on the rightmost green plus at the skill
>>
>>46356968
Thanks, looks like I'm retarded
>>
>>46356847
1) Alright, thanks. I must have misread that then, I thought they were a lot more repelling then that for awakened for some reason.

2) I see, they would not be able to punch a spirit then? What could one do to allow one to punch a spirit?

3) See, this is why I was asking this one, because while the Decker is also loaded with ware, I don't think your normal Decker has cyber-ware that is literally in control of there brain.

4) Related to the spoiler, I have a player that would like to play a AI in a humanoid body, would that be a thing I could use for them? And what would be the ramifications.

Sorry fresh out of 4E here, a lot of the 5E stuff is new to me.
>>
File: 1442317716968.jpg (90 KB, 500x697) Image search: [Google]
1442317716968.jpg
90 KB, 500x697
>>46357237
1) It's variable. Sometimes in the fluff Awakened people seem to be able to magically sense the anguished soul of a cyberzombie just by proximity, other times they're just disgusted by them when they see them.

>2) I see, they would not be able to punch a spirit then? What could one do to allow one to punch a spirit?

Anyone can hit a spirit with anything while they are materialized, it's just that mundane weapons suffer because Spirits have Immunity to Natural Weapons, which makes them hard to injure. And if they stay on the astral plane/only manifest (make themselves visible on the mundane plane to communicate, but don't fully materialize) then magic is the only way to get at them. Spirits are a bitch that way, which is why adepts are worth not being able to be shiny and chrome.

4) You could use that; Lockdown has a bunch of rules for CFD-infected, and Data Trails has rules for AI characters. Bear in mind that you can have a 'humanoid' body as an AI by just using drones, they don't need to take a metahuman meatsuit, if you don't want to have to deal with having a CFD-infected character around. Or you could spout some jargon about how in this case the nanomachines can't infect anyone else because coded genetics blah blah snowflake.
>>
File: tumblr_nhxa6aVa8i1tk2a3ao3_540.png (271 KB, 540x310) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhxa6aVa8i1tk2a3ao3_540.png
271 KB, 540x310
Tell me about your group, /srg/. Which chummers have your back? Who's a drekhead? I live for vicarious game experiences and I want to know about the people you're all playing with.
>>
>>46355173
You think that's fucking bad, I had to once try and explain what account levels and priviledges, User IDs and Spoofing, as well as Hacking on the Fly and IC was to a new GM.

It put me off playing a Hacker for good.
>>
File: 1437179522566.jpg (255 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437179522566.jpg
255 KB, 750x1000
>>46357572
>Which chummers have your back?

>mfw I keep frying my brain going toe to toe with ICE I know is out of my league

>mfw troll bro with skate legs always comes back for me, uses carabiners to clip me to his back, and gets us both out of there, Krime Cannon first

Love you, Hunk
I'm sorry I chose technomancer
>>
File: 1437342204493.jpg (105 KB, 1492x535) Image search: [Google]
1437342204493.jpg
105 KB, 1492x535
So is Chummer going to go back to auto-updates anytime soon? I know there was some problem with bandwidth or the amount of data being used.
>>
>>46357654

I assume User ID and Spoofing was from 4e, because I thought I was well versed in 5e hacking but I don't know what the fuck those are
>>
>>46358049
User ID is just your ID in the network
Spoofing is masking your ID/disguising it as another or deleting your data trail in the matrix
>>
>>46358049
Yeah, User ID and Spoofing was the 4E Matrix

As much well-deserved criticism the Wireless Bonus stuff in 5E gets, the Matrix is infinitely more intelligible in 5E than 4E's absolute clusterfuck of nonsense.
>>
I'm putting down final touches on the elfie adept infiltrator with some social capability, and comments and suggestions are welcome.

>Attr.
BOD: 3
AGI: 6
REA: 5 (7)
STR: 3
CHA: 4
INT: 2
LOG: 2
WIL: 3
EDG: 1
MAG: 6

>Skills
Stealth group 6
Athletics group 4

Assensing 4
Computer 2
Con (fast talk) 4
Escape Artist 5
Etiquette 4
Impersonation 4
Locksmith 5
Perception (visual) 6
Pilot ground craft 4
Pistols 5
Unarmed 5

>Powers
Astral Perception
Attribute Boost (AGI) Rating: 2
Combat Sense Rating: 2
Improved Reflexes 2
Light Body Rating: 2
Traceless Walk

>Qualities (pos.)
Agile Defender
Black Market Pipeline (Weaponry)
Catlike
Mentor Spirit (Cat)
>Qualities (neg.)
Addiction (Mild) (Soykaf)
Allergy (Common, Mild) (Alcohol)
Dependent (Demanding)

I would have put down more negative qualities, but the program wouldn't let me.

Gear is mostly necessities.
>>
>>46357572
Muscle comes in the form of Dai, an ork samurai. His dad was a UCAS soldier turned Shigeda-Gumi soldier, Shigeda being one of the "New School" Yakuza families that does shit like letting white people, women and metahumans actually join and get respect. He got kind of the raw end of the deal, being the ork son of a white soldier in a reformist Yakuza family. He got the best of his dad's military training, and plenty of opportunity to pick up kenjutsu from one of the other soldiers. When shit fell and Shigeda got massacred by the other traditionalist Yak families, Dai got the fuck out of America before he got shot too and fled to Hong Kong. He knows his personal history is a complete clusterfuck and doesn't feel like has any cultural identity of his own, which is kind of a sore point for him.

Our elf Infiltrator is Hei, the only one in the team who's actually ethnically Chinese. She... has amnesia. And a data lock in her head full of info on some guy who's probably dead. And a deactivated bomb in her head. She's probably some kind of secret agent, and she probably got mind-wiped after doing a huge job. She's about as confused, paranoid and terminally mistrustful as you'd expect out of someone like that, but after the whole "defusing a bomb" thing, she's starting to trust her own team a little. Sucker.

The hacker, Tsubame, is played by me. In the college years, he moonlit with a tiger team to pen test corporate security systems, but liked to steal from his clients to prove how awesome he was. One day, he unknowingly stole a kickass AI from a corp network whose IC configuration he was supposed to test, and the fallout got his entire team save for him killed. The AI owes him a solid for saving its life, and it takes care of whatever bad SINs he needs burned or info about him that proves inconvenient. He's a bit of a jerk, very certain of how smart he is, and has an unhealthy fascination with the worlds of motorcycle racing and high fashion.

(cont.)
>>
>>46355173
I feel your pain. I did the same thing when I was new to GMing Shadowrun. Fortunately, I had a hacker who didn't really care about the rules, and that helped encourage me to throw out the hacking chapter (kept the gear and chargen, that was enough complexity and didn't interfere with existing characters) and make all hacking be a single roll.

You want to do thing? Roll X+Y, and see if you succeed.

That's complicated enough to jump from building to building, sneak down a corridor, or pick a lock. It's complicated enough for hacking.
>>
File: giphy.gif (5 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
5 MB, 1280x720
>>46357918
Yup. I'm working on integrating the nightlies with the updater for people that like to live on the ragged edge, but the other guy should have the skills fixes done in the next couple of days, fingers crossed.
>>46358049
Yup. It's more or less what Marks are, just in a more dense and annoying fashion. Renowned for enabling players to make impenetrable personal networks then kick a shitfit when you used the same tricks to keep them out of their targets.
>>
>>46358263
>rea 7
>int 2
Why?
>>
>>46358537

Well I just pumped reaction because it fit the character, and ran out of points.
>>
>>46358464

I love that I recognize the games she's playing, but I hate that she's pressing the wrong buttons.

Actually on topic, it's good to hear that the skill rewrite is maybe finally actually coming. Here's hoping.
>>
>>46358355
Our magical man is Treatise, a Hermetic former wagemage who got shitcanned after some idiot executive burned him to cover his own ass. He took it surprisingly well ("I can study anywhere." he said. "Besides, I never had time to spend my bonus pay in the first place.") and he still ran magical security for shadow ops for his old company for a while. One day, he lent his mojo to a long haul job moving some goods to Hong Kong, and realized he never wanted to go back. Making sure the cargo arrived safely was actually the team's first job. Treatise does the whole "old school university man" thing pretty well. Like's vests and tweed jackets and stuff. He spends a lot of his off-hours studying the weird magical phenomena around Hong Kong, and regularly gets horribly drunk with his talismonger to discuss magical theory.

Finally, our face is Queen. Before she was a professional criminal, she was a race queen at one of those underground street racing things that Horizon totally broadcasts so it really isn't that underground in the first place. Of course, holding an umbrella and looking hot isn't that exciting, and Queen was a bit of an adrenaline junkie. So, one day, she tazed her driver, stole his car and did the race herself, kicked ass, got fired, and started doing real underground street racing. Did I mention Queen was also in charge of transportation? Out of all of us, she's probably the most ruthless. We opening the campaign with Food Fight, and when two of the assassins survived, she recommended putting both of them in the trunk of her car, shooting one and interrogating the other. And then shooting him. When she's not putting the pretty on to open a door for us, she has this constant look of contempt for whoever she's talking to. She specializes in bikes, but she likes cars plenty. Her dream is to buy a Eurocar Westwind and mod the shit out of it, and then buy one of those bomb-ass combat bikes and mod the shit out of it.
>>
>>46358464
Thanks, yekka-doodle-dandy. Have some cybertits.
>>
>>46357552
4) Oh, the humanoid drones are cheaper this time around?

I remember in 4E they were 235k nuyen, and over 20 availability.
>>
File: Wiseman.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Wiseman.pdf
1 B, 486x500
We live in a confusing world, chummer, but let me help you clear away the fog and get to the real truth of the matter.

The Awakening? That was mankind's latent psionic power reaching a critical point and the noo-sphere manifesting, a global, ambient energy field permeating everything, generated by minds.

Dragons, Spirits? Aliens, man. Poweful, psychic aliens and energy beings. They've been watching us, trying to prop themselves up as the things with all the answers and even the source of our power.

"Magic?" Again, the power of the mind, manifesting in the physical world and bringing us closer together. The superstitious reach for answers in the past - the occult, shamanism, religion. It's all bullshit. And the NWO and their alien benefactors are taking full advantage of that bullshit. Dividing us, controlling what we think we can do, convincing us that we need them to reach our full potential. Buddhists and Chaos Mages are close to the truth, but they're still stuck on that mystical mumbo jumbo. They're also too damn trusting of their "spirits."
>>
File: The rise of dick.jpg (189 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The rise of dick.jpg
189 KB, 1280x720
>>46358737
And metahumans? HMVV? That shit goes against everything we know about evolution. And I'll tell you why - they were manufactured. Genetically engineered by the NWO and their benefactors, to try and remake us, recreate the world into a biologically justified caste based system they could control. It didn't work, normal humans are still around after all. Elves to be the immortal statesmen, wise and beautiful and just so... ugh, that drek makes me frakking sick. The Tirs' founders ate it up, tried to keep it going. Dwarves? An entire subspecies tailored for labor in massive, underground factories and workshops, out of sight and out of mind. Both of them they tried to sneak in, sticking their mutagens and gene therapies into expecting mothers just in time for the noo-sphere to bloom into existence and play into their narrative - and, what do you know, thirteen years after the 'human genome project.' They brought in the orks and trolls later on with their goblinization virus, trying to turn the rest of us into fast breeding slave-soldiers, short lived and ground into the dirt as second class citizens. I don't know if it was the quarantines, or the robustness of the human genome, but most of us wereunchanged. HMVV was another mutagenic virus, this one unstable, meant to create shock troops andcrack open a subject's psionic abilities.

Don't believe me? Well think about it - this was all happening around the time VITAS was making its rounds - a global virus with massive casualties. A human genome project started in 1998. Special interest groups making mad grabs for power. The noo-sphere showing up, or "magic" if you insist,and now we've got all these metahumans and HMVV infected. Coincidence can only go so far, chummer.
>>
>>46358777

And then we come to the matrix - man-machine interface? A global communications network? Just how much did we lose in the crash? And how much that was "recovered" is really true? You mean to tell me you really trust a bunch of megacorps to run the world's communications system without some ulterior motive?

It's another noo-sphere. This is the foundation, wiping out what was there before, acclimating us to man-machine DNI, megacorp controlled communication and globalization... just you wait, soon they'll be putting mini-cyberterminals in everyone's head, wirelessly capable, and then They'll have all the bases covered. The world of flesh and steel, the noo-sphere, and a digital counterpart noo-sphere for those who have yet to unlock psychic power.

And that's why I live in the shadows. They know I'm on to their game, that I wont' play it, won't fit into their vision of the future. And I'm trying to wake you all up before it's too late. I'll admit though, I don't have all the answers. Like just why are they doing this? Why are they doing it this way? Is it some kind of interdimensional empire? A hegemony across all realities, and they wanted to take our bodies and our minds for their campaign of conquest? Or... are they running from something? What do they need us for?
>>
>>46358601
You do realize there are at least 2 skills that benefits from Int and will be used ten times as often as driving? You loose literally nothing from switching 2 or 3 points from rea to int. You can even reajust skills to leave your dice pools at the same level, but gain 3 skill points out of nowhere.
>>
>>46357572
There's a kind of platonic love triangle going on in our group just now.

I have gained the trust of the combat adept by fixing him up after fights, which is sort of a mixed blessing because the dude is loco. He's got kind of a big mouth, and his solution to most problems is to tear off his shirt and wrestle it until it begs for mercy.

Meanwhile our rigger, by virtue of also being our face (and the most intelligent member of the group), is pretty much viewed and respected as the team leader by my character. And she isn't too happy with the adept's repeated antics.

So I'm stuck between looking out for my chummer and listening to my boss. It's a fun dynamic.
>>
>>46358845

Not to mention the extra knowledge skills.

Though REA does contribute to Physical limits, so it's not entirely one-sided.
>>
>>46358845

Sounds very minmaxing-y. But I tweaked it a bit, taking Rea down to 3 and Int up to 4.

Going under 3 Rea feels wrong though.
>>
say I want a runner to actually be a DOCTOR, and not just a medic.
About how good should they be at their tasks? And how much would this gimp the rest of the character mechanically?
>>
>>46358464
Are you the anon who makes Chummer?

Is there any way I can force it to let me take an AI into the priority build system? The book is too much of a mess to hand build the thing, and the rest of my group is using priority.
>>
Can someone what tell what the difference is between Magicians and Mystic Adept mechanically (not thematically). Do they have a different list of spells they can learn? Do you level up differently?
>>
File: 1437190378390.jpg (200 KB, 820x974) Image search: [Google]
1437190378390.jpg
200 KB, 820x974
>>46358735
Boy is Rigger 5 going to fun for you. You can get a Little Buddy 2,000 to be a robochild, a Duelist for 4,500 for combat (and Duelist swarm jumping out a Citymaster is tons of fun), and you can do all kinds of stuff with Pilot Walker like playing Thing T. Thing (Scuttler Cyberhand), a Cheetah to play metallic housecat...

So much fun to be had.
>>
File: Untitled.png (525 KB, 751x623) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
525 KB, 751x623
>>46359007

This is something the book actually explains pretty well.
>>
>>46358464
IS SHE FUCKING PLAYING LEGEND OF DRAGOON?

HOW DO I HIGH FIVE A 2D WAIFU SHE NEEDS A HIGH FIVE
>>
>>46359055
* a Little buddy for 2,000. I think that's the cheapest Anthro out there.
>>
>>46358898
Not every powergaming is minmaxing. You don't became overspecialized, you just use system effectively.
>>
>>46359055
and all of these are able to be AI bodies?
I haven't seen 5e AIs yet.
>>
>>46359097

Sure. I took rea down to 3 and int up to 4. An infiltrator who used to be a professional thief having a strong intuition does make sense, so it's not even breaking the character.

Anything else you'd like to add?
>>
>>46359060
I think I am retarded cause I just don't get it. For example, if you go to page 283. Under Combat spells. Who can learn these spells? Do these count as Astrally projecting? Which means only magicians can learn these?
>>
File: biotech 5e.png (143 KB, 690x369) Image search: [Google]
biotech 5e.png
143 KB, 690x369
>>46358957
read bullets and bandages - it's all about creating the sort of thing you're after.
or just pump biotech
>>
>>46359201
so, 6 or 7 it looks like.

Possibly more, since I want to get doctor results while using shadowrunner gear.

I am not sure how the math works out on how much skill you need to compensate for all those bonuses a good hospital gives.
>>
>>46358957
You need long coat, custom beak-shaped ballistic mask, wide hat, grenades with poisons and other stuff (so, chemestry skill), there are also some funny spells if you go magic road. Oh, and you may want medicine skill, but that's less important.
>>
>>46359280
I had planned on being a medical AI in a drone, so this tactic might actually work pretty good if I'm pretending to be a normal dude.
>>
>>46359189
Astrally projecting means leaving your body and floating around as a ghost. it has nothing to do with spells
combat spells like all other spells can only be learned by magicians, sorcery aspected magicians and mystic adepts
>>
>>46359055
Just checked it and your right I do.

I am going to love throwing these at my players and using them myself.
>>
>>46359189
I guess combat spells is under sorcery.
>>
>>46359189

Anyone who has access to spellcasting can learn any spell in the book (aside from certain NPC-only spells, mostly Toxic Magic).

Who can cast spells? Magicians, Mystic Adepts, and Aspected Magicians who have the Sorcery group.
>>
>>46359473
so the main difference between mystic adeps and magicins is that mystic adepts can use adept powers and magicians can astrally project.
>>
>>46359138
Take specs for pistols and unarmed instead of raw skill level. Otherwise you will be fine, I guess. I'm not a big fun of stealth group instead of specialized stealth skill, but whatever suits you.
>>
File: 1450053814297.jpg (384 KB, 1600x640) Image search: [Google]
1450053814297.jpg
384 KB, 1600x640
>>46358970
The problem with AIs is that their priority setup is a bit different to the other metatypes, so I can't reuse the gameplay options file. You get less attributes, for example. I was going to cook up a whole other thing for them to handle it automagically, but I guess you could just use it as part of gameplayoptions.xml and have to select it manually. I'll have a tinker and get back to you on that.
>>46359050
<3
>>46359007
>>46359189
There's no limitation on the spells that a mystic adept can learn. They 'level up' in the same way as all other characters, but unlike Adepts they don't gain a power point whenever they increase their magic attribute. In fluff terms mystic adepts are substantially less likely to be hermetic casters, as they're essentially adepts that have learned to channel their inner magic outside of their body.
>>46359075
Just reach out and touch the screen, anon. She'll feel it.
>>
>>46359557
>>46359557
Can you someone in the physical world with physical weapons hurt someone in the astral world?
>>
>>46359607
>color code of picks on left not matching color code of picks on right
>>
>>46359563
yes
>>
>>46359651
as far as I remember: no, you need to be astrally projecting to hurt them
>>
>>46358777
>HMVV
HMHVV.
>>
>>46359607
AI Anon here, Thank you dude, that is MUCH appreciated.
>>
>>46359651
Only if the weapon is dual-natured, such as a weapon focus.
>>46359678
Our team has a firm belief that the MK 345 should be the weapon that represents YOU while on the battlefield. With that in mind, we've established relationships with the local upcycling community to provide customisable picks and casings.
>>
>>46359765
okay... so what happens to the magician's physical body while he's astrally projecting? Is it sleeping (kinda like if you go into VR)? Or does it go into the astral world?
>>
>>46359765
and I just read it again: you also can use mana spells against them though you have to astrally perceive to target them
>>
File: Magic School Bus.jpg (60 KB, 454x314) Image search: [Google]
Magic School Bus.jpg
60 KB, 454x314
>>46359117
AI can run themselves on any drone that has program slots, or on an RCC if you want to be a car. I'm still holding out hope that one day I'll find someone willing to play a red-haired mage who runs to earn money to take her class on bitching field trips.
>>
>>46359770
Don't try to cloud the issue with your "spelling."

Correcting, thanks.
>>
>>46359823
A mage can astrally project for MAG hours (so a mage with 4 magic can project for 4 hours) while projecting the body goes limp
if the mage doesn't return within the time frame the body goes into a coma and the mage dies
>>
I want lasers so badly.
But they are super restricted.
Should I heist one, or try to buy it illegally?
>>
>>46359940
oh I see. So I can just kill the physical body. Got you.

Though, considering when you're astrally projecting, you can go like 5km as a running speed. It might be hard to find the physical body.
>>
>>46357572
Well we got Six, who's the elf face of the group. A real bang up guy, handy with medicine and okay with a firearm. Brand new to the whole criminal thing. Ex-Chemist for a corp, got stupid drunk on the job and fucked up literally everything, then got fired; afterwards he blew all of his savings on a couple year-long hedonistic binge of sex, debilitating substances, and rock'n'roll, and is now broke. He kind of got shunted into doing the whole running thing, but doesn't actually understand what it's like to be a criminal. He's learning, however.

Then there's Foster, who's a Rigger from a Go-Gang. Well, he used to be a Go-Ganger, but not anymore. Used to ram-raid civies with his gang and jack their cars. Acts as essentially a street sammy-lite. A street-ashigaru, if I could coin a term. He killed 160 wage-slaves on accident when he activated the turret system of a building and fucked up the target input. Has a Doberman that he pretends is a dog. He treats it like one, too. He uses it to blare rap when ever we drive around in a fight.

And I'm Biker, the Adept. I'm a career criminal, who used to be, essentially, a puffed up bag boy. Think Transporter. I used to be able to get a package to anywhere at any time, against extremely adverse conditions. Until I fucked up a job and lost a package that belongs to the Russian Mob. They got pissed and tried to kidnap me, but I killed most of their team because they pulled that shit when I was trying to talk to the Don of the local Mafia. Now I'm shadow running because that's the next logical step. I'm great with knives, and all types of machine guns. I cannot into social, and am computer illiterate. I'm the combat guy.
>>
How do organic folk avoid being fucked by blood magic?
How do AI folk avoid being fucked by hackers?
Tell me all about it SRG.
>>
>>46360018
>It might be hard to find the physical body.
that's why you
>leave the body watched by one of your team mates
or
>hope you are good at finding thing as a projection
>>46359951
AFAIK lasers are shit
cost more, deal less, harder to get than a machine gun/AR
>>
>>46360133
>hope you are good at finding thing as a projection

what do you mean by that?
>>
>>46359871
I-I'd be fine with being that mage, chummer.
>>
>>46360133
lasers maybe shit, but I love them so much.
I just wish they weren't such highly restricted shit.
>>
File: 1439162643345.jpg (230 KB, 862x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439162643345.jpg
230 KB, 862x1000
>>46360018
That's exactly the trick. The fun thing is, if you move the body the mage can't find it when they want to return and avoid drowning in the endless magical ocean, so if you do manage to find the body (through ritual magic or good old fashioned investigation) you have them over a barrel.
>>
>>46359871
>>46360177

>The lizard is a changeling
>>
>>46360082
C-Squared squirt guns. Chemical weapons. Fire.

Lots of IC. Friends. Bodyguards. Hopes and dreams.
>>
>>46360213
>hopes and dreams
explain more thoroughly what this means
>>
>>46360185
Is there a good way for someone who can get in the matrix do search for the body that way? Though I guess if the mage was smart he would turn off all of his wireless first.
>>
File: Artist-99351107-1977201.jpg (48 KB, 345x235) Image search: [Google]
Artist-99351107-1977201.jpg
48 KB, 345x235
>>46360177
>>46360205
Today's lesson is either going to be all about the UCAS highway system, or the Knights Errant arrest process.

Seat belts, everyone!
>>
>>46360174
basically you can track signatures while projected, in 4e it was an extended Assensing+INT(5) test with an interval of 1 hour. So if you have 2.5 hours left you should pray to god that you manage 5 successes in 2 tests or you are gone
So if you have shit INT and shitty assensing: good bye mage
>>
>>46360205
>>46360323
wait, does that mean I get to play an AI bus?
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>>46360213
>>
>>46360244
You pray your dm isn't a douche.

Shadowrun has hundreds of combinations and ways a dm can fuck you in the ass. There are even ways that a dm can straight up instakill/instagimp you. Being an AI is dangerous as shit cause hackers can fuck you up big time. You just have to prepare and pray it doesn't happen to you.
>>
>>46360334
I mean, other than the fact that you can fuck with the mage a bit. Why would you move the body if you can just kill the physical body?
>>
>>46360352
Can I disable hackers fucking me constantly by being in a drone and turning wireless off?
>>
File: Arnold.png (1 MB, 938x705) Image search: [Google]
Arnold.png
1 MB, 938x705
>>46360342
No, I got dibs on the bus. You can be Arnold. he's the adept
>>
>>46360407
Man, I always wind up as the adept
>>
>>46360379
Yeah. If you have a combat friend, try to convince him to hunt deckers/hackers down and made then eat their own blood soaked shorts.
>>
>>46360457
I plan on the drone either being an infiltrator or street sam spec, but I will almost certainly have whatever it is that I don't pick as a friend.
>>
>>46360375
Leverage, anon. Why murder them when you can leave a nice note telling them that they need to swing by the Zero Zone at the local MCT facility while they're projecting and look at something, and while you're gone we'll bring the body back. We'll have a spirit interview you when you get back. No funny business, or you'll get to watch your own skull pulled out of your head, which will at least be a novelty for you.
>>
>>46360375
shits and giggles?
I mean: if the mage is totally useless to you (knows no useful info/has no other useful things) it's just easier to kill him directly and if he is then>>46360185
>>
>>46360613
>Better hurry. We're working our way from elf to troll, so there's still time
>>
>>46360492
"give us 100 thousand nuyen or your friend never finds his body again"
[spoiler} P.S. we're doing butt stuff with it right now [/spoiler]

>>46360643
i had a grammatical fuck up and had to delete/repost.
>>
>>46360679
Might want to delete this one too
>>
When you resist drain, let's say for Toxic Wave. And the force was 5. Do you roll your drain resist with a threshold of 5?
>>
>>46360908
It depends what the drain value of a spell is.
Basically, the drain value is (Force) + (Some number)
An easier spell would have a drain code like Force + (-2), so the damage you need to resist is equal to the force of the spell minus two.
A strong spell might have drain code of Force + 3, so the damage you need to resist is equal to the force of the spell, plus three.
>>
>>46360375
Move body, mage passes into a coma, dies naturally, or so the coroner reports

That a reason I can think of. Bonus points, pull them to a hospital acting as concerned neighbours, leave them there to either die when the time runs out, or have their body suspended by life support and get hella in debt.
>>
>>46360961
I see. And the only thing Force does is it raises the limit of your spellcasting + magic test, right? so the way to never have drain be physical damage is to never use a Force that's higher than your magic rating?
>>
>>46361046
Thats only for certain spells, some spells have their power be determined by the force, not your hits.
>>
>>46361080
It's literally gonna take me a year to learn this shit.

And I believe for combat spells, the target cannot free defend (INT+REA) nor can they soak (BOD+ARMOR)?
>>
>>46361046
Force always serves as the limit on your spellcasting test, but it does some other things too.
For example, with a direct damage spell (like lightening bolt) the damage of the spell is (Force + Hits)P, -(Force)AP, so casting at a higher force is sometimes beneficial in a way other than having a higher limit.
>>
>>46361145
DIRECT Combat Spells don't provide a combat roll to dodge, only a combat roll to soak (with BOD if its a Physical Spell, and with WIL if its a Mana Spell).

Indirect Spells are like shooting a magic gun, they roll to dodge, you add net hits to the damage, and they roll to soak.
>>
>>46361145
Direct combat spells (Such as mana and stunbolt) do not let the target defend, and they can only soak with Willpower+Magic if I'm not mistaken. However, their damage is equal only to the hits on your spellcasting test.
Indirect spells allow the target to dodge and soak normally, but their damage is much higher (Force+Hits)P/-(Force)AP and they carry elemental effects. You also don't need direct line of sight to use them.
>>
I am curious how combat goes down between a mage and 0 essence entities.
Can a mage just sort of use telekinesis like spells to throw drones away?
>>
>>46361264

It'd be vs the device rating of the drone.

The more complex a device, the harder it is to affect
>>
>>46361323
Object Resistance, not Device Rating
>>
>>46357572
There's Fromdar, a chaos mage who follows rat. Being the only magician he's saved the group's asses multiple times, especially dealing with the astral, so his eccentricities are tolerated. Like, he can come away friendly from most supernatural critters before blood is shed. Not quite there, but loyal, at least to Ren.

Ren...Ren's an elf kid who's clearly in over her head and doesn't like getting her hands dirty. Still, she knows how to interface with the Johnsons and make a helluva shot on a job, and her local entertainment contacts are easy security money. Don't trust the coyote she knows, though.

James and Nat are a package. James is a gremlin of a man who's an aspiring cyberdoc and rigger and likes to think he's made it at both. Probably the most ambitious of the lot, but that's not saying much. Nat's an ork nor'easter. She's upon you before you know it, and when you finally notice her, her knives are already sinking into you. If Ren doesn't like getting her hands dirty, these two wash theirs in unrefined oil. BTLs, extortion, kidnapping, wanton slaughter, run ins with the HMHVV for profit, they'll do about anything for an extra nuyen.

Bob's a troll. He can't sneak like Nat because he's the one everyone is staring at-the armored troll with the emotive, custom-made helmet and two monofilament chainsaws revving, ready to go. If you ever need anything crocheted, Bob's your uncle.
>>
>>46361389

That's what I meant, thank you
>>
>>46357572
>Who's a drekhead?
Groot

>Which chummers have your back?
Also Groot
>>
>>46361992
>Not Livewire
Gee thanks I see you love me
>>
How suspicious is it for rats on the street to actively carry away bodies, firearms, and other valuables after firefights?

I am considering whether this should be a plot hook or a setting detail.
>>
>>46362365
Normal rats, or devil rats? Because honestly, it's more suspicious if that's all the devil rats are doing.
>>
>>46362409
Normal rats, mostly.
Maybe larger than normal.
>>
>>46362365
>rats
>stealing guns
THAT RAT IS PACKING HEAT
>>
>>46362321
I prefer people who don't vomit all over themselves like little bitches. :^)
>>
>>46362546
You're just jealous of my ability to let da uzi spit.
>>
>>46362365
>>46362470
on this note, should players get favors from ghouls/rats/scavengers/whoever is making money off of their corpse wake?

I am trying to think of where unexpected favors might come from in times when players are going to totally fucking die.
>>
>>46362365
I'm sure some drekhead has tried it before.
>>
>>46362604
You're jealous of my clean clothes.
>>
>>46362620
Nobody is doing it
The rats are just getting smarter
>>
>>46362623
>Sanjuro
>Clean clothing
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>46362703
>Livewire
>Not being an actual crackwhore
>>
>>46362747
It's like you don't even want to be the hardest chromer on the mean streets of the 21st century.
>>
>>46362784
Let the vomit settle in. It'll make your clothes hard.
>>
>>46362656
Well, good to know they're diversifying investments with physical assets.
>>
>>46362823
You have a good attitude.
>>
>>46362857
It's a chummer eat chummer world, omae. You gotta stay positive somehow.
>>
>>46359595

Why not take the stealth group? I'm betting she'd find use for all of the skills in the group, so why not?

If I break the group and just pump points in Stealth and all the other skills, what group should I instead go for? Also, I'm trying to keep the character consistent, she wouldn't really have experience with long arms, so taking firearms group would be odd.
>>
>>46357572
Everyone in my group's a pain in the ass in there own way, but I'd trust em' with my life.

First, we have my childhood friend Eastwood, the team's unofficial leader. He's a physical adept, and one of the best shots I've ever met: could probably circumcise a fly with a bullet. Eastwood also takes the role of the group's face face, since he's the only one of us with OK people-skills.
Sure, Eastwood's a bit of a fag, but he IS an elf, so that's to be expected. We've been late to a Johnson meet more than once 'cause the elf was doing his hair, but when the bullets start flying, there's no one I'd rather huddle behind cover with. No homo.

Next, we got my piece of drek sister, Melissa, who demands I call her 'G0blin' and spell it with a 0. To that, I say I'll call her 'G0blin' when she stops calling me 'Onii-chan.'
When she's not spending the entire day cooped up in her apartment shitposting about yaoi vampire hentai, G0blin takes the role of our rigger/decker, and we use her spy-drones for most of the situations we'd need an infiltrator for. She's actually really good at her job and is a key part of the team, at least when she's not being being an absolute twat.

Taking the role of melee tank, we have Bullshit. Bullshit's a minotaur, and he's also my second cousin (don't ask). Destitute, he recently moved to Seattle from Greece, leaving with nothing but the clothes on his back and half a million nuyen worth of bioware in his system.
He won't tell anyone why he left Greece, or how he got his small fortune worth of augmentation. Personally, I think he was one of those heavily-augmented super-soldiers that you sometimes hear about, and it'd certainly explain how an 8-foot-tall slab of muscle and keratin can move like a ninja and throw motorcycles like discuses.

Finally, there's me. I'm Enoch, and I'm the group's mage. I'm pretty good at summoning spirits, and I have some utility magic for when the run goes south. I'm pretty sure I'm the group's drek-head.
>>
>>46361992
>>46362321
>>46362546
>>46362604
>>46362623
>>46362703
>>46362747
>>46362784
>>46362815
Inter-party banter on /srg/ never fails to warm my heart.
I still haven't forgiven you for that friendly fire incident, Kat
>>
>>46362815
>>46362784

Get a room you two. Preferably a private chatroom or something where you don't bother other people with your asinine bullshit.
>>
>>46363601
>>46363611
The duality of man, everyone.
>>
File: Both.gif (966 KB, 398x223) Image search: [Google]
Both.gif
966 KB, 398x223
>>46363637
>>
>>46357572

There was me, tge cybered up human pitfighter who helped a couple of Yaks from losig their business to a couple of MCT politicians who wanted a bigger slice of the real estate pie. Kicked ass and taken names in the ring and I could wrestle with a troll and come out on top.

Then there is the human shaman, ex lonestar and having a huge hardon for loud affairs. His favorite way to enforce an arrest warrant was to stunball the area and make "arrests". Loved to put me on deathwish dares.

Val is a mystery like those drama trids with the whole nine yards. Decker with a ruger with silver bullets. She knows her negotiation skills and often save our ass when words dont work
>>
>>46357572
Poke - Human mage/fencer (the kind with swords, not illegal goods). Distrusts/hates spirits of all sorts, will only summon them when absolutely needed. Knows a lot of support spells and can murder spirits easily with his spell selection.

Rip Van Winkle (Rip) - Human rigger and team face. Was put into cryro in the because of a deadly disease, was thawed out in the 3060s when a cure was available. Has been warming up to the mafia side of his family, and our fixer is his (older than him) grand nephew.

Shiva - Nartaki Street Samurai and infiltrator. Had his extra arms ripped off as a teen, now has a bunch of cybernetics to let him pass as anyone. Uses a pair of plug-n-play cybernetic replacements for his missing arms when he needs to kill people.

TECHNOVIKING (yes, in caps) - Dwarf technomancer and hobo. Smells bad, refuses to live in a house, and is paranoid about the corps being after him. Focused on bricking your shit and then coming at you with a gun or axe.

Team has done exactly one run together, so at the moment I'm not sure who has my back or who's a drekhead.
>>
>>46364153
Oh, and the technoviking famously was losing a fight with a devil rat before Rip and a temporary adept member (Brass) saved him by just shooting the damn thing. Which amuses the rest of the team to no end.
>>
File: Shadowrunners_pregen5E.png (580 KB, 2016x792) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrunners_pregen5E.png
580 KB, 2016x792
>>46357572
I'll be running a game in a month for some friends of mine who I got hooked on the setting through Shadowrun Returns. I've been running the system online for a while so I recently walked them through the character creation process to help them round out their character concepts and once they wrapped their heads around all the different things that go into a runner the whole thing really clicked for them.

I drew them these character portraits over the weekend. I've yet to see the group in action, but they're having so much fun talking about their characters' backgrounds and what sort of hi-jinks they want to get up to that I'm already pretty excited for the game.
>>
>>46359815
(You)
>>
>>46364153
>Was put into cryro in the early 2000s because of a deadly disease, was thawed out in the 2060s when a cure was available
Corrected. Got my battletech wires crossed with SR, and accidentally a date.
>>
If i am brand new to Shadowrun would it be worth it to play through the beginner game with the rest of my noob group?
>>
>>46364506
I really like your artstyle!
The group looks good, a lot of different metatypes instead of just humans and elves, and it seems very well rounded in terms of character archtypes as well.
Do you do commissions/drawfag at all?
>>
I did some thinking on my adept, and thought it'd be a lot better to pick a lower priority magic (D) and higher priority metatype (B or C) and then just raise Magic with special attributes you get from Metatype.

Magic B meta D = 6 magic, rank 4 active skill; elf with no bonus special attributes
Magic D meta B = 6 magic, elf with 2 extra special attributes that you can dump on Edge
Magic D meta C = 5 magic, elf with no bonus special attributes, but almost 50k ï¿¥ extra spending cash.

Is it just me or is the priority system a bit wonky? No way a single rank 4 skill is worth 2 points of edge.
>>
>>46366393

It is wonky, but consider that a rating 4 skill costs 2 + 4 + 6 + 8 = 20 karma. Pretty close, seeing as a rating 5 would be worth 30. They just opted to err on the low side.

Getting from 1 Edge to 3 costs 10 + 15 = 25.

20 karma is worth ~40k nuyen, while 25 is exactly 50.
>>
>>46366517

So it isn't as obvious as I first thought, but in my experience it's the RNG that kills you. With that in mind, I'd rather have some leeway when the dice seem to hate me than additional flexibility in terms of skills.
>>
>>46366591
That's what Improved Ability is for.
>>
>>46366646

A rating 4 skill would cost 2 PP though, which is more expensive in comparison.
>>
>>46366591

Yeah, I made a similar choice for 3 Edge on my elf adept build, and I've been pleased with it.

Conversely, our 1 Edge face has realized he made a huge mistake.
>>
>>46366681
>1 edge face

oh god, of all the archetypes to take 1 edge on
>>
>>46366714

It hasn't gotten us all killed (yet), but seeing how often those 5 Edge humans get to reroll has shown him what he's missing.
>>
File: 34100002176.jpg (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
34100002176.jpg
94 KB, 600x600
you fuckers need to make more character art. pester fucking draw threads more often.

shadowrun has such a low amount of art compared to shit like 40k or DnD that's sickening.

cmon! i'm sure you guys have something unique or at least personally made

pic unrelated to my current state of mind
>>
>>46366882

I commissioned art for my group, but my artist hasn't finished yet.

It'll all get done soon, though.
>>
>>46366754
My 2 edge human was making all my other party members jealous in my last campaign. I can only imagine how much more jealous they would have been if I had gone full edge monkey.
>>
>>46367037
what did you commission?

also, when the fuck is the critter book coming for 5e?
>>
>>46367150

Character portraits for each PC. Probably not going to be super useful for anyone else since the group is mostly snowflakes, but hey, it's art.

Critter book is next on the docket, if I remember correctly. Probably a couple of months?
>>
File: Livewire1.png (1 MB, 1670x2786) Image search: [Google]
Livewire1.png
1 MB, 1670x2786
>>46366882
Currently uploading 90 pieces of character art (Though most of it cyberpunk, to be fair, not too many metas) and about 20 tokens. I hope that will satisfy you slightly.
>>
>>46366882
http://imgur.com/a/NNiAY
Well, there's something at least. I hope someone finds it slightly useful.
>>
Okay, I'm a first time shadowrun GM who is going to be gathering a gaggle of scrubs off the internet to run a game.

It's pretty important, so how far on the pink mohawk scale should I go?
>>
>>46367769

That decision's less on the GM and more on the characters your players bring.

Of course, if you do chargen together (as you rightly should), the appropriate levels of pink and mohawk can be discussed beforehand.
>>
>>46367769
>Adhering to the linear scale
Get a load of this conformant
>>
>>46367801
shit, characters are the wildcard right now since I literally only have one mook confirmed and the rest will have to be randos.
And I don't even like that mook, he's a dick.
>>
>>46366393
>No way a single rank 4 skill is worth 2 points of edge
Depends on how often you plan on using that skill or refreshing edge.
>>
>>46357572

Well, there's Artemis, our infiltrator/face, who will NOT SHIT THE FUCK UP when he's trying to convince people. He's had fair rolls, but the role playing has been off, and occasionally moving towards edgy. Worked for a Corp, got burned, and now runs with us, keeping in touch with one of the lower execs that occasionally gives him jobs. Probably our Drek-head

Mr. Anderson, our gun adept who is a fine player, but an incredibly lack-luster character, to the point that I know next to nothing IC and OOC about him.

Greg. No really, that's his handle. Our absentee technomancer who has come in handy more than once. Still not entirely sure about his backstory, but has the occasional bout of personality.

Angel, our other gun adept who is a nun, running the shadows to help support the orphanage she was raised and works in. Being played wonderfully by my friend, who is having her slowly break down under the strain, and make more and more impulsive and possibly suicidal decisions. Rapidly imploding, she'll either die running, or get a big score and retire. Probably the one who has my back, mostly because I'm trying to cover hers.

I'm Bear, troll tank. After my Jewish mother had me college educated, ended up getting recruited by Mossad, who pumped me full of bioware, before I deleted nearly 2 petabytes of sensitive data trying to look at a social page (Gremlins 3 is a hell of a thing), I was lucky to get dumped in Seattle without being otherwise dealt with. I'm slowly finding out that my mother, who I've been using as a contact, may be significantly more involved in the criminal world than I thought she was, and trying to make friends with Angel.
>>
Has anyone tried playing AI? How was it? I'm considering to make one.
>>
>>46367940

I took prio A skills, so I have all the most important fields covered. But the point was that an active skill can very rarely save your ass when the RNG hate you, unlike Edge. And considering that I'm building an infiltrator who is to be my first SR character, I'm probably going to get myself into trouble pretty often.
>>
>>46367991
Rely on your team to even the odds. A mage tying up a spirit for a 'chat' or poking the guard hellhound on the astral; and the hacker following you in the Matrix to give you options can even the odds tremendously.
>>
>>46367991
>the point was that an active skill can very rarely save your ass when the RNG hate you, unlike Edge
OTOH, Edge is a limited resource. After you spend it, you're done - unlike skill or attribute ranks, which continue to passively affect a PC's dice rolls in times when they might otherwise have needed to spend edge.
>>
>>46368413

I get all that. But seeing as it's the ninja who gets in first, she's going to be the one who gets fucked. That's why, when shit hits the fans, she needs to have that edge. Besides, she used to be a thief, so her being lucky fits the character.

>>46368423

Is your GM so evil that he doesn't refund Edge after each run? Or does he confuse spending edge with burning it?
>>
>>46368458
>Is your GM so evil that he doesn't refund Edge after each run? Or does he confuse spending edge with burning it?
Neither. It's simply possible that unless those skill ranks went into disguise, diving, artisan, (or something even more useless) that you'll use then more than twice before you do something awesome / get a good meal and a night's sleep.
>>
>>46368523

Yes, but those skill ranks in Intimidation won't help you if you glitch your Perception roll and walk into an alarm.
>>
What would you say the availability and costs for a runner owning a Hellhound would be? Theres no reason corps and gangs should have all the fun with them.
>>
File: file.png (319 KB, 666x664) Image search: [Google]
file.png
319 KB, 666x664
>>46368585
>>
>>46368629
(You)
>>
>>46368554
No, but an edge point won't help with your second glitch, either. Ranks in [skill x] will keep helping every time you need that skill. So pick a skill that's regularly used to make example of. Social skills may just be that in a particular type of campaign, but combat skills / interrupt dodge skills (gymnastics, etc) are more likely
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-31+at+05.29.41).jpg (133 KB, 596x530) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-31+at+05.29.41).jpg
133 KB, 596x530
Hey, /srg/!

I wanna know about your craziest games that you've played or run. I'm talking about anything, really. Tell us something that was exciting for you, or at least not something that extremely challenging for your runners/players.
>>
Hey, /srg/ some of you may remember me as the drekhead that went and made a file called "So you want to Techno" and it went into unnecessary detail about why you might want to put something at A other than Resonance.

I'm thinking of updating it with a section on selling your soul to become a better hacker (approx 1-3 ess packages of 'ware that you might want depending on how much you're going to sprite wrangle) and a section on how to keep your friends hidden with that shiny cyberdeck license that you've got because you like running 'round with your persona on and using it in public.

Granted, if you only want a few extra dice to hide somebody's most necessary things, there's the PCD-500 which can get three dice and two noise reduction with just a little modding. Three reduction if you took the 1 essence package.
>>
>>46369705
>I'm thinking of updating it with a section on selling your soul to become a better
Most ware useful to mages/technos is bioware and can fit into 1 point of essence. Going beyound that is not really a good exchange, since most things you'd want have non ware counterpart.
>>
>>46369744
If you're going to sprite wrangle, going over that one point is mostly wasted.

If you want to be maximum hacking, there's a reason to take the three points even if it means that you now take hits like tissue.

Besides, the best complex form has an actual cost of 5S, 1 Edge, and the other two you'd want for hacking don't need to be threaded at levels you couldn't thread even at Resonance 1.
>>
>>46369794
Minor correction to myself, the best complex form should have a cost of 5S, 1 Edge. Because of how complex forms work, it's possible to thread a form at level 3, roll seven successes and face physical damage.

Even though you can only apply three successes.
>>
>>46357572
Our face is David Noel, more or less always described as a "goddamn pointy-eared keeb media whore" or similar. He's played shadowrunners in at least half a dozen movies, but of course has no real skill in shadowrunning and often underestimates how dangerous it actually is. On the flipside, though, he could sell sand in the Sahara and has enough money to spare to legally buy a Lone Star hovertruck with permit and all.

The razorgirl is Missy Campbell, named by a player who reads too much Worm. In-universe, it's a hipster name given by flaky parents who wanted their kid to be special. She's a cranky, Inquisitorial ex-Lone Star officer who got kicked out because she racked up too much cyberpsychosis from trying to compete with the crooked officers who took corp bribes and getting cybered to the gills. Has a complex about not having synthskin for her breasts, and is unreasonably fascinated with halberds while still winning all her fights with her fists.

Our offensive mage is Father Joseph Isaac Samson, whose name isn't actually made up (seeing as he's Filipino). A self-proclaimed anarcho-theocrat who believes that Jesus was the first anti-capitalist of note what with his kicking the usurers out of the temple, and seeks to destroy all corporations because they're insults to God's holy authority on Earth. In practice, despite being the most politically radical member of the group, he finds himself being the straight man to everyone else.

Our utility shaman is Nevermore, a Raven shaman who has half a dozen runs under her belt but hasn't completed a single one properly so far. Lies like a waterfall and is pretty good at it. In her private life, she plays in a band using her Performance 1, and since she can't make the rent from that, she ends up sleeping on people's couches. Has a fascination with control magic and dresses like the result of a hurricane in a thrift store.
>>
>>46370103
>A self-proclaimed anarcho-theocrat who believes that Jesus was the first anti-capitalist of note what with his kicking the usurers out of the temple, and seeks to destroy all corporations because they're insults to God's holy authority on Earth.
that's the right way to play a christian mage, well done.
>>
Here's a bit of news; errata update for Street Grimoire (Possibly other books as well) is scheduled for April, to coincide with a reprint of the book. Figures CGL wouldn't do anything with errata unless there was money involved.
>>
>>46370512
any idea on what might be errata'd?
>>
Doing a KE Tactical SWAT style campaign. Working out so far but coming up short on ideas. The team's done an infiltration hostage rescue and a loud warehouse raid, anything you guys think might be cool?

>>46370512
still no fucking errata for anything else then ;u?
>>
File: 1437957820778.jpg (335 KB, 490x600) Image search: [Google]
1437957820778.jpg
335 KB, 490x600
>>46370253
Why are Theurges the best characters?
>>
What do you think needs to be errata'd, /srg/? I haven't been in these threads for a while.
>>
File: 1439467722236.jpg (7 MB, 3755x2505) Image search: [Google]
1439467722236.jpg
7 MB, 3755x2505
>>46370704
Running battle trying to grab a van loaded with chemical weapons, driven by a toxic shaman and his gang. Stop them before they get to the city center and kill everyone.

High impact ghoul eradication. HMHVV are spilling out of the sewers, that section of town is cordoned off; the team has to go in, find and rescue as many civilians as possible, and eradicate as many ghouls as possible to prevent full-scale infestation.

>>46370771
Rigger 5. Fuck, that thing needs an entirely new run, the editing is just disgraceful.
>>
File: Toxic Shaman.jpg (13 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Shaman.jpg
13 KB, 400x266
>>46370802
Actually, let me change that first one to 'toxic shaman and his go-gang'. A swarm of bikes and oozing spirits ripping their way down the Interstate seems awesome.
>>
>>46370704
>still no fucking errata for anything else then ;u?
There are errata threads for every CGL publication that go up when the books come out, this would just be printed in the actual book/released officially.

I'm actually thinking up a similar campaign, only the players will play two characters. One will be a part of a Lone Star task force, and gather leads/evidence enough to the point where a raid is warranted, and then they'll switch over to their other characters who make up a Lone Star SWAT team and actually carry out the raid.

As for ideas on stuff: Bunraku Parlor bust.
Lots of civilians, bunraku, and Yakuza in a confined space.
>>
>>46370802
>Rigger 5. Fuck, that thing needs an entirely new run, the editing is just disgraceful.
I thought Rigger 5 was one of the better edited books actually, I was generally quite happy with it. Aside from them missing the actual cost for weapon mounts and some of the vehicles missing stuff.
>>
>>46370771
It would be easier to catalogue what doesn't need errata/reprint with better editing, than things that do.
>>
>>46370771
One fucking hell of a lot of things, but let's start with coherent rules for Gunnery.
>>
I'd just rather CGL doesn't bog down their books with 66% jackpoint and fluff stuff.
Sure, give items a description, but don't have and entire page of Jackpointers shitposting after it.
>>
>>46370827
Speed is full of stupid, as are Noizquito and other micro-drones with the current modding rules.
>>
>>46354286
>wry the big heads?
>looks like Chibi Children's First Shadowrun
>>
I really should go over the whole thing, but I just copied and added in the new stuff.

http://pastebin.com/x40ajRVJ
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 384x384
Question about corp spiders: so, the corp rigger has jumped into the facility you're in, you can a) kill the rigger (unlikely, he's probably offsite) b) cybercombat his ass or (okay) c) smash devices until you biofeedback / dumpshock him out (which is where I'm having issues)

If the spider is jumped into a WHOLE building, (with doors/turrets/cameras/lights), is it treated as say, one big vehicle or drone? Or per device? If it's the whole shebang wouldn't it be super easy to just smash a few cameras, mag locks and light switches to dump/bio? Or is the spider "jumping around" from floor to floor, device to device? Or do they just have novahot biofeedback blockers?
>>
>>46371062
>is the spider "jumping around" from floor to floor, device to device?
Probably on a good RCC, with an equally good tactical network set up.
>Or do they just have novahot biofeedback blockers?
Usually.
>>
>>46371062
For a security spider here's how it would usually go.

The spider is in the host, and therefore is considered directly connected so the spider can make all those Control Device actions without any noise penalties.

They will, however, only be actually jumped into one thing, probably a nice and fortified drone, which will get lots of benefits in the way of Killing You.

Look for the thing that's (matrix-looks-wise) melded with the Spider's matrix icon and then destroy that.

Or if you have a Technomancer, have 'em edge a Puppeteer go for 3 net hits to just directly dumpshock the enemy.
>>
>>46371132
And yet a 'nother addition I should have put in but didn't. As a legitimate user, the spider probably has marks on all the security stuff.
>>
How do you pump up spellcasting in 4e?

I'm getting 6 magic + 6 skill + 2 specialisation + 2 mentor spirit for 16 dice but it looks like online stuff is getting a lot higher stuff straight out of chargen. Am I missing something?
>>
>>46371353
Don't forget foci.
>>
>>46371099
>>46371132
>>46371189

Thanks anons, that's really helpful! I like the idea of the host playing a role in shutting on/off all those devices and sopping up drones - makes cybercombat more challenging and means the team doesn't prevail by playing Baton vs Camera every time
>>
>>46371353
Rating 4 Spellcasting [Type] Foci can help, especially if you mostly cast one type of spells.
>>
Maybe I'm just not finding the right rules here but I need clarification.

A street sam targets 2 enemies with Full - auto with multiple attack action. In 5ed.

Do both defenders get -9 Def dice? Or is the malus split as well? Just wondering because the -9 is supposed to be abstracted from the 10 bullets flying at the enemy at once. Also the alternative seems stupid op.
>>
>>46371456
IIRC, you choose how many bullets you are directed at each target. So yeah, you split the penalty however you want.
>>
>>46371397
Two unimportant additions I just want to make. The spider probably has one mark on cameras (enough to take the free action of pivoting), two on most doors (enough to take a simple action to open or close), and three on anything important enough to be jacked into and brought into battle.

The other one is that a Technomancer and Decker pair have a most hilarious way of getting rid of most spiders. Puppeteer hoping for two net hits, make the spider's RCC Invite three marks to the decker's persona, and proceed from there.
>>
>>46371456

I'd reduce it for each using the rules for "not enough bullets" p 180. Since they're getting half the full auto blast they should be getting the relevant amended penalty
>>
>>46371502
I thought that spiders had owner rights on all building devices in their network as admins? Or would that be for "boots on the ground" lower-tier enemy decker/riggers?
>>
>>46371638
That's how I generally run it, except for super secure files that a security spider shouldn't have access to without executive permission.
>>
>>46371654
Super secure files aren't devices, they don't have marks to be given out. The server (a device) has the files on it, and the corp has offsite authentication that is used to decrypt the files.

The spider has access to the data and the files, but can't decrypt them, and his actions are logged so he can't secretly download them without super-spiders noticing easily.
>>
>>46371638
The answer would honestly depend on the security expected of the place, the beliefs/trust of the spider's superiors, and probably a few other factors.

Like >>46371654 said as an example. Also, never dismiss how much people might want to not spend a minute just transferring ownership to another guy.
>>
>>46371654
Makes sense. CEOs would be unwise to grant all the keys to the multi-million-nuyen-deathtrap-and-secret-filled castle to a single deck jockey, corp-born zealot or no
>>
One fun thing to note is that depending on the size, budget, and security paranoia of the corp, it's possible that the spider isn't the owner of the RCC and so need authorization to switch interface modes, jack out, go on Full Matrix Defense, or Invite Marks.

This makes it easier to find the RCC, should the spider decide to make off with, same as with a gun. Only more so.
>>
>>46371853
Wait what. You need to be the owner to fucking jack out?!
>>
>>46371920
Mostly as a technicality. It would only practically apply if the poor non-owner spider was somehow link-locked or was unlucky enough to have an RCC case that didn't have an accessible power button or the like.
>>
File: 1438980778062.jpg (76 KB, 502x616) Image search: [Google]
1438980778062.jpg
76 KB, 502x616
>>46370888
That's the Asian dwarf metavariant, they're supposed to have huge heads.
>>
File: 1458429076665.jpg (35 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
1458429076665.jpg
35 KB, 300x420
>>46371969
>unlucky enough to have an RCC case that didn't have an accessible power button or the like.
Which is literally never. There's no way someone would design something like that for any kind of rigger that's likely to face enemy deckers, that's a deathtrap.

Hell even Apple wouldn't do that. It'd be the only button.

And anyway, you can always jack out by pulling the cord out of your skull/pulling off the trodes, even in VR if you do the Willpower test, no?
>>
So... Hong Kong. What's the rest of /tg/'s opinions? I find the story and characters to be slightly less strong than Dragonfall overall (even if Gaichu is my husbando) but the tremendous leaps in gameplay more than make up for it. Decking is actually risky now and you can't just hug cover and not give a fuck about alarm states, the cyberware expansion is great, and I didn't end the game with tens of thousands of nuyen I couldn't spend on anything because I had maxed out my gear by the halfway point.

All in all, a really good addition. If nothing else, they keep expanding the games and adding features as they go.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.