[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/kdm/ - Kingdom Death General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: musclebro.jpg (19 KB, 528x392) Image search: [Google]
musclebro.jpg
19 KB, 528x392
Muscle Husbando edition

Previous thread: >>46242099

>What is Kingdom Death?
A boutique miniatures company, famous for characters and monsters set in a nightmare world where humans are the bottom rung on the food chain

>What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
A Kickstarter-funded boardgame where 1-4 players (up to 6 with variant rules) take the role of a settlement of human survivors trying to stay alive in the eternal darkness of the Kingdom Death world. While each survivor has their own name, life, and story, the world is very deadly, and focus should be given to the settlement rather than a single character.
The core game comes with 7 monsters and 34 survivor hard plastic miniatures, which are fully customizable to every gear configuration in the game.

>How does it play?
A KD:M campaign consists of 20-25 "Lantern Years" (up to 40 with expansions), each taking about 1-3 hours to play. Each year is divided to three phases:
1. Settlement Phase - exploit your limited resources to develop the settlement and craft gear
2. Hunt Phase - go out to hunt a monster so your settlement doesn't starve. The many dangers of the KD world await along the path
3. Showdown Phase - the main focus of the game. Battle the monster in a difficult and deadly fight that plays like a cross between Dark Souls and Monster Hunter.

>Where can I get it?
The core game can be bought at shop.kingdomdeath.com for $400. 12 of the 13 expansions funded by the Kickstarter were shipped to backers and will be available again over time. Retail prices for expansions range about $60-$150.

>Any other way to play it?
A TTS mod was made for the game, check the thread for links

>Rulebook / card scans
>Mega.nz link currently down.

>What is Kingdom Death: Heroes / Legends?
The fan-given name for an RPG playing in the KD world. KD:M was originally planned as a prequel to KD:H. Many of the resin models on the KD shop are character classes or antagonists from this game.
>>
>>46346965
Glad Apotheosis made it again, good on you little dude.
>>
>>46347020
He didn't even have to be put kn sale this time. He finally made it for real.
>>
File: Zanbato.jpg (77 KB, 640x222) Image search: [Google]
Zanbato.jpg
77 KB, 640x222
3rd for Zanbato.
>>
What is the most fun nemesis and why is it King's Hand?
>>
>>46347440
Because his fluff is great and unlike every other fight in the game, you don't go in thinking about defeating him even when you intend to win.
>>
>>46347440
Because a scripted battle is awesome if you know that it is one.
>>
>>46347990
A scripted battle, right up until you kick him in his metal nuts.
>>
>>46348087
If there's one thing KD:m has taught me, it's that if you strike something larger or stronger than you in the gonads, you better make damn sure it kills them.
>>
>>46347440
>>46347567
>>46347990
Also because the other two are complete dicks
>>
>>46348585

Well, there's all the expansions now. For instance, Lion Knight is super flavorful and pretty bro tier.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1936x1936
Thoughts?
>>
>>46349132
>>
File: mMynR9i.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1797) Image search: [Google]
mMynR9i.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1797
how cool is this
>>
>>46349331
V cool, anon. V v v v cool.
>>
>>46349132

Even with prismatic you are not getting the special of your shoes, swap them with the jacket.
>>
>>46349132
That armor set is way better than I initially thought. Need to copy that and use weapons with deadly.
>>
>>46349132

I guess the plan is to run aroun unthreatening in the monsters path and hope it Impales itself on your spear a few times? Seems sort of flimsy. Would replace the green ring with something else since you won't really be getting attacked.
>>
>>46349368
Good point, just occurred to me before running out the door so I haven't optimized it at all.
>>
>>46349372
Yeah, the armor kinda got overshadowed by talk of how much archery was in the set, but that Prismatc ability is fucking awesome.
>>
>>46349132
It would be better if you swapped that weapon out for something with low speed, high str and devastating.
>>
I wish Poots would make a poor's man cardboard edition. It looks like it has a great gameplay-theme thing going on, but I simply can't justify spending that much on a base game.
>>
>>46349826
Like the Skleaver?
>>
File: Acanthus Doctor.png (1 MB, 639x1003) Image search: [Google]
Acanthus Doctor.png
1 MB, 639x1003
>>46349916
Its been stated multiple times that most of the OVERHEAD cost is in the minis, but the actual PRODUCTION cost (ie, cost per game produced) is in the printing. Likewise for the bulk of the weight. Switching from minis to cardboard tokens would still leave it at least 200 bucks. And thats not counting the handling fees added on for managing 2 different versions of the same game. This makes it just a flat out bad business decision.

HOWEVER, Adam has commented in the past talking about how once the current production line of expansions is finished, and all the kickstarter stuff completely over with, he will consider making an 'Alternate Core Set'. Something that would probably just be 1 or 2 quarries, and a single nemesis, with a shorter campaign. But all original content so people who already have Monster can use it as an expansion.

Heck, fingers crossed that Lantern Festival is that expansion, and remaking it into an alternate core set is the reason for its delay.
>>
>>46349826
Do you get royalties or something?
>>
>>46350072
I thought Adam said he'd consider it, but it's not likely.
Also, the Lantern festival seems less likely to be that alternate core set, simply because everything in it is supposed to be "postgame" content...
Maybe it will come *with* something like that - but I doubt that is the case.
All in good time I suppose.
>>
>>46350083
Eh, dude just likes his Zanbato and is making a running gag/trying to force a meme.
>>
>>46350148
That's the joke
>>
>>46347020
>>46347126

What happened with Apotheosis?
>>
>>46350605
Apotheosis (both male and female) were pretty much the first models in KD history to not sell out within a day (most go within hours). During one of the last sales (Black Friday, I think), the female finally went out of stock, but the male just wouldn't go. There were like 30 of them on the store. Eventually KD bumped the price down to $13.

There was a joking theory that once they all sell out, KD will put the expansions/new stuff/some other crazy shit will go on the shop, so the people on /kdm/ at that time started counting them down and giving encouraging speeches to the last few Apotheosises. Musclebro and muscle Waifu became kinda memetacular during that time, hence the image I put in the OP.

My guess is that they made the Apotheosis pinup because of this. Poots has been known to lurk and sometimes comment in the 4chan threads.

poots is watching... >_>
>>
>>46349331

Any good sites/videos for learning painting techniques? Never tried before, but if I did I'd really want to do something like that fade you see on his sleeves and sword from pink to white.
>>
>>46351316
I think it's called wetblending, perhaps?
>>
File: tumblr_mbkwh1Hzm21qmt85zo1_1280.png (848 KB, 783x545) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbkwh1Hzm21qmt85zo1_1280.png
848 KB, 783x545
>Wow, this game looks pretty big judging by these pictures
>It arrives in the mail
>>
>>46351374
I fail to understand what point you are trying to make.
>>
>>46351722

He thought it was going to be smaller than it was. What I fail to see is what you failed to see.
>>
>>46349368
>>46349643
If he swaps, doesn't that make the green ring lose a connecting piece and lose its effect?
>>
are there scans for the AI deck(s)?

I don't own the game, BUT I think that sounds like a pretty rad concept that could be adapted for RPGs and homebrew playtesting
>>
>>46352448

No. The set has prismatic, so it doesn't matter if he connects green with green, all that matters is that he connects something with something.
>>
>>46352604
No, the Green Ring is the connecting piece, it provides 3 half affinities. One up, one right, and one down. I would need to find something that provides the 3 half affinities up, down, and right, as well as provide a comparably useful effect.
>>
>>46352604
Really? That's what prismatic does? Damn son. That's more useful that I thought.
>>
File: 1438724796549.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
1438724796549.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>46351722
I'm guessing their thought proccess went something like
>"Everyone keeps saying this game is HUGE. I bet the box weighs a good 5 or 6 pounds."
>"Yeah, judging by all these pictures online, it really is big. I need to clear out a good foot or so of my game shelf to make room for it."
>box arrives
>"I am was not prepared."

Basically, anon thought the game would 'just' be big, but it turned out to be MASSIVE instead.

Much like the people at the Gencon demos who were looking at the display cases going "Wow. How many expansions does this game have?" Failing to understand that ONLY the core game was present in those display cases.

>>46352448
Prismatic.
>>
>>46352716

I kind of hope that Poots releases an 'Expansion box'.

Which is to say, a box that provides extra room for storing expansion cards and gear. I'm having trouble fitting it all into my core box, since I sleeved things to protect my cards long term.

I was expecting the various expansions to come in their own small boxes, but I was very much wrong. Its basically just shipping containers and packing peanuts.
>>
>>46352716
I did not know properly what prismatic did.
>>
>>46349132
Switch Hood and Charm, and switch Shoes and Jacket.
>>
>>46350693
I thought that the ones that just went up were the old stock.
That's why there was a weird number, like two and thirty.
>>
These look like a pain to magnetize. How do you guys handle all the modular stuff? One unit of each gender for the set and the other for kit bashing?
>>
>>46353353
That is what I got planned to do, yes.
>>
>>46353353

What I have done so far, with moderate success:

For each armor set, magnetize two. Larger magnets in the shoulders and neck hole, synching up with smaller 1x1mm magnets in the necks and arms to connect to. These usually form a strong enough bond that I can pick up a mini by the head or arm and 9 times out of 10 it will stay together, but sometimes it does come apart on casual handling.

More 1x1 magnets in the wrists synched up with magnets in the hands, allowing for swapable arms and weapons.

Be warned that the larger weapons are simply too heavy for this setup to properly support. They may stay technically joined, but the arms will drop and drag the weapon on the ground and the wrist will flop around a lot. Your options here are to either hold them on glued arms with magnetic shoulders (fixing the wrist flopping but still suffering from gravity on the shoulder), dedicate two arms to holding them instead (a timesink to pull off, but actually works) or to only ever do it on non magnetized full glued minis.

I have stolen parts from various sets to make a single survivor of each of the 'mixed armor sets' present in Lion Knight, and the rest of the minis are used to make permanent minis in what I believe to be common or reusable configurations. Like, its a safe bet to hard glue someone in full lion gear wielding two katars. That's something that is going to happen often enough that you don't feel silly immortalizing them. Likewise, a spear wielding Screaming Fur mini is also a safe bet as a recurring thing.
>>
>>46349132
On the face of it that seems real nice, but after looking at it for a minute I'm sort of left wondering at all the choices.

Is this a jack of all trades guy or something?

I'd be tempted to turn him more towards a support dps. A character for hitting HL blind. Give him the Blue Charm and paired katars. Drop the green ring and the amber poleaxe for the spider's Hooded Scrap Katars (with +2 accuracy, +1 for blindspot, a freshly born survivor has a 4+ chance of hitting, put this on a veteran with +1/+2 accuracy and you're looking at a pretty regular "no draw" wound.). I'd replace the lucky charm with maybe a throwing knife to give you some ranged punch that plays really well into your +accuracy, perfect hit, and trap-triggering abilities. With all that you'd trigger the 5 blues for the blue charm with one to spare.

A survivor who has some innate accuracy, evasion, Katar Mastery and Timeless Eye should be easier to find through the game than it would be to assemble the set.

Honestly I'd probably use this if I had the sunstalker xpan. It's a pretty solid offensive tank and I can't stand passive tanks.

Also: If I were to use a ring from the spider xpan, the green ring is near the bottom of the list for me. Armor is wonderful, but by the time you're sending this guy out, 3 armor to all hit locations once every four rounds, if you're lucky, isn't really all that amazing. One attack will easily shred it, and you're better off just taking evasion. Red ring fits your build better, but if I had to drop the throwing knife on mine I'd absolutely take the blue ring. The blue ring is mad op, especially against monsters that draw 2 cards a round, which late game is pretty regular.
>>
I already have the game and most of the expansions and I´m thinking in prog a soft to run the game in my pc.
>>
>>46350693
Why didn't Apotheosis sell well? I remember buying it because I love musclemen, and I missed out on the Chosen.

I also like the lore of them being narcissistic mages who's pride will fuck them over.
>>
>>46354943

A lot of people don't really care for the lore and buy based off of aesthetics, I'd guess.
>>
>>46354943
He's pretty static, and not as interesting as the other models.
>>
>>46354681

You should talk to the guy doing the Tabletop simulator mod.
>>
On our third not-doomed campaign atm, and finally got around to trying out the Zanbato hype. What's a good build for our grand weap user? We went from no spotter first campaign, to semi-dedicated in the second, to full-time built-to-spot-and-sometimes-shoot-arrows spotter this go round, and it's been really worthwhile. I have or have access to all the expansions, just unsure what stats to emphasize. Frenzy build? Accuracy?
>>
File: Zanbato.jpg (174 KB, 565x565) Image search: [Google]
Zanbato.jpg
174 KB, 565x565
>>46355606
The zanbato user itself doesn't require a build (though if you get something like bitter frenzy that's really nice), what they require is someone with a cat eye's circlet to line up safe hit locations to work on. In general, having a survivor decked out in full rawhide and a circlet just to play party support is a good idea.

Activating the zanbato so it gets deadly, and adding in other luck bonuses, is advisable.
>>
>>46356980
*so it gets devastating
>>
>>46356980
Linking it up devastating is the whole point. IMO Zanbato is best as part of a balanced party. It's hard to go wrong with Zanbato+solid armor, Archer, Cat's Eye Bitch (generally with a nice secondary melee like scrap sword so they can attack if it's advantageous), Fast Weapon Wielder (Katar combos, katana, sword, w/e as long as it gets 3+ speed). It's a pretty balanced team that can make quick work of things without getting too wtfpwned by traps.
>>
>>46358176
Intentional understatement that got ruined by the brain fart.

Having someone with a ranged attack option is of course very useful, but you absolutely don't need someone with a fast weapon. The only reason to use a katar at all would be to get rid of a non-trap bad hit location, and even then odds are your ranged weapon can deal with it and/or you can juggle it with survival actions.

You could pack another zanbato instead.
>>
>>46352793

A bigger, blacker box? Haha, I am hilarious.
>>
>>46358523
smaller, blacker box more like
>>
>>46358523
KDM is already the "Biggest Blackest Box" as it is. However I do agree that an extra-tall box a second tier for holding all the light-weight stuff would be nice, while all the standard-sized cards would go on the bottom tier.
>>
>>46353607
How does the screaming fur work with Spears? Just a common early game build?
>>
>>46359777
Decent early tank, Spears aren't as tanky as whips or shields but wound readily and craft earlier.
>>
So /tg/, years down the line, if KDM got a second edition, what would you like changed about it from the current edition?

Other than the Settlement Events, as mentioned every thread.
>>
>>46359777
Unlike rawhide and leather, the fur set isn't good past the early game so you're better off skipping it. Skip the whole stone circle until you have a use for and the resources for charms, even.
>>
>>46360616
Evert armor set being viable (Looking at you, Screaming Fur Armor).

Proper scaling for hunts as small as 2 hunters to ones as big as six hunters.

A Settlement Phase that's more streamlined and won't bore the shit out of my friends (Getting to the point where my friend refuses to host the game unless I do settlement phase for them beforehand), including settlement events that actually mean something beyond the occasional dick punch.

A better-organized hunt phase that accounts for future expansions (IE letting you use alternate hunt tables, rolling to see which hunt table you use, each monster using its own pool of hunt events. WHATEVER IT TAKES).

A food mechanic that forces high-population settlements to hunt higher-level monsters just to maintain their numbers.
>>
>>46361108
Damn your friends kind of suck, the settlement phase is fun, it's the group building time.
>>
>>46360616

more love for vermin, herbs, cooking and the new sky fishing
>>
>>46361851

This especially. Vermin and cooking seem sort of tacked on in a really big way. I guess the real benefit to cooking is that you can find vermin on hunts though, which is an extra hide resource every hunt? I guess?
>>
>>46360616
Get rid of the d100 hunt event table and make it a deck, so expansions can add to it.
>>
>>46361108
all your points suck

point about the screaming armor set doesn't suck as much as the rest of your points, but fuck me...

your friends suck too, and desu i think if your friends suck and your points suck you must suck too
>>
>>46360616
Like what do you mean? Editions like 40k or some shit, or just some cleaning-up of the game?

I think xpans take care of the edition aspect in regards to 40k nature editions- see shit like the lion knight adding hybrid sets to give the screaming set some love and in general more monsters providing a more complicated and varied approach to the game, +the specialty campaigns and all that noise.
>>
>>46361108
On the subject of armor, I'd also say there should be more than 1 armor set per monster, like in monster hunter. One set of more powerful "tanks" armor, and another set of light agile armor. Also, WAY more hybrid sets. Like, a dozen hybrid sets. Hybrid sets make it far more viable to use all your expansions, as you don't need a full sets worth of resources from a single monster.

Also, way back when the core set first shipped, someone posted a neat homebrew idea related to that. Two new sets of armor, one of which required Monster Resources to craft. Not from any specific monster, you just had to use non-basic resources. The second set was similar, except it required strange resources. So it was just made out of any Strange Resources with the Hide keyword, with weapons made from Strange Bone, etc.
>>
Adding early game scythes:

Since the only scythe you can get is behind a lv2 drag hunt, which you might not get until LY15 or so, how are you supposed to build up to mastery? Am I missing something?

I want more low level scythes.

t. crybaby
>>
>>46362890
Storm Constelation
>>
>>46362698

More like a second edition in regards to smoothing out gameplay and fixing errors and stuff like that, I imagine.

The anon that suggested it was also interested in better integration of the expansions as something that should be added to the core set etc,...
>>
>>46363047
b-but anon sempai, you can't hunt the dragon kang in the tyrant man mode, so you won't get any scythes at all!!

baka
>>
Watcher was disappointing, he never even got a turn! 3 damage from Twilight Sword but then the reflex moved him, 2 from Zanbato, 3 hits from Katars next to a retinue, sword master missed a hit location that moved him back to the center on the failure, Twilight Sword finishes him. Lame fight :/
>>
>>46365827
Uhh, I haven't opened the book in a while but doesn't he have health equal to the lantern year?

What you described didn't sound like enough wounds.
>>
>>46365980
Lantern year -10. We fought him as soon as we could, at year 20, so he had 10.
>>
>>46359383

>KDM is already the "Biggest Blackest Box" as it is.

Much to the chagrin of CAH, whose joke is done better by an actual, quality game.
>>
>>46366205
We fought him with his Life plus his AI deck, and it was a dramatic fight that felt like a victory - even if it's unnecessary I'm considering having it that way next time we get there.
That all might change when he's no longer the last boss and just a stepping stone before the Scribe though.
>>
>>46367413

I thought that was the way you were supposed to do it that way, per the life rule.
>>
>>46367638
I think generally Life replaces Monster AI damage. If not one of the expansion bosses has like thirty-five goddamn health (Dragon King? Not in front of me atm)
>>
>>46352793
10/10 Would throw my money at poots
>>
>>46367705

It replaces it for legendary monsters I know, but they're a special case. No normal quarry plays it that way, otherwise playing with 5 people would be the best because monsters only have like 6 life.
>>
>>46354943
I agree that the lore is really nice for this class, but the models were just unattractive IMO. What with the silly eyebrow horns and the exaggerated musclature.
If you like musclemen (and women), they're definitely well-made models for their design.

Once KD:H comes out, if the class is fun to play, I'd probably run one using the pinup.
>>
>>46367775
The slapdash rules for more than four players specifically call out that Life as additional to the AI.
I'm basically in favor of doing both on the Watcher, but looking around online it seems more people just cut through his life than those who did it the long way.
>>
>>46362594
Elaborate on why they suck? Lest you be a shitposter.
>>
>>46367729
stop namefagging, you have no reason to.
>>
>>46361108
>>46362448
>Hunt events
Already work that way, the hook is in there, it's just not used (except for lonely tree).

A few expansions (not new editions) I would like to see, and could improve some of the problems with the core game:
* A pack of 15-30 settlement events, with new and interesting effects / mechanics
* An expansion that has a new 100-event table and 12 basic hunt event cards that make you roll on it (so that it's 50-50 with the original)
* An expansion or expansions that add new vermin, flowers, terrain, disorders and fighting arts. Just beef up the decks.
* An expansion that adds more mixes sets and/or set bonuses that incorporate other gear than just armor sets (technically, the Rolling Armor is like this). Example: get a bonus for having a sword and a shield, maybe with 1-2 more pieces of gear.
>>
>>46367951
k
>>
>>46367848

I feel like that is not the intended way to do it, since the other thing other monsters with life have in common is small AI decks, and the watcher's is a good size deck. If he only has 10 life, there's level 3 quarry monsters that are all harder than he is.

But, I am at work and don't have my rules in front of me to verify, so it's sort of a moot point. It's either in the rules or it isn't. Maybe someone will be nice and quote the life rule.
>>
>>46367990
Nope, the default for life trait is that the AI deck does not get wounded. Watcher has nothing that says the contrary.
>>
>>46368068
Huh. Well, makes me feel more confident about it. Now if I could just get up the nerve to fight level 2 kings man.
>>
>>46368130
I think the idea behind the Watcher thing is
You're not supposed to know what you're going into with him - at least on the first try - and you'd be like "Let's take the extra 5 years and gear up and get ready". Then at LY 25 you're facing a 25T 15HP monster instead of 20/10, and you smack your forehead and go "what a fool I've been"
>>
>>46367963
The deck is definitely better. Was not thinking clearly. That'd maek everything much more expensive though.
>>
>>46368247
I actually like the table, since it allows for longer events with more details / fluff / imagery. Otherwise, half the cards would have been
Card name
[tiny art]
[book icon] Card name

I'm guessing some nerd at BGG will make a deck anyway.
>>
>>46368221
That... Doooooes seem like something Poots would do.
>>
>>46362890
Nightmare training. Also, possibly with the Lantern festival.
>>
File: life rules.jpg (188 KB, 680x729) Image search: [Google]
life rules.jpg
188 KB, 680x729
>>46367775
5-6 players is the only case where Life acts as a shield, since it is a variant. All other times, it follows the normal rules, and counts as a replacement for health.
>>
It specifically says on life that when a mlnster's life is 0, they die. No AI cards killing necessary.
>>
Anyone got new painted minis to share?
I'm looking at a weekend of painting (hopefully) and need some motivation.
>>
>>46355126
Anyone have his/her contact?
>>
File: IMG_0393.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0393.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Post builds.

There's proooobably a way to make a tankier character, but this is the best I could come up with.
>>
>>46359777

Slam, an ability of the screaming fur, knocks the enemy back 1 space and lowers their toughness by 1. For most melee people this is something of a downside as now they are out of range for you to hit them. With a spear you can slam, lower their toughness, and then poke them with a spear from a safe distance.
>>
>>46370724
I like this!

if it is a green Savior, then it is a monster.
>>
>>46370702
He posts here as TTS Anon. Check around once every while.
>>
File: doge.png (298 KB, 496x369) Image search: [Google]
doge.png
298 KB, 496x369
>>46370757
Much Thanks, Very Nice
>>
>>46370724
>SUPERGREEN >>46349306
>>
>>46370826
Play in Flower People campaign for maximum green.
>>
>>46370724
Are you sure that you can wear all those satchels at once?
>>
>>46370894
Read the fighting art next to the gear grid.
>>
>>46370906
Holy crap, youre right. Its insane )
>>
>>46370014
Tonight I will be doing some experimenting with color shift paints to see what they'll look like on my Sunstalker.
>>
>>46370724
10 to all HL's, 7 Str, 5 evasion, and weapon at 3/5+/1Sharp, ignore 1/10 hits, survive 5/10 deaths. Even if the shoulderpads were armor, it would be pretty asesome. This is the power of Acanthus Doctor. Do it on a green savior with White Secret: Ageless. That takes luck, though.
>>
File: 1436449623351.jpg (124 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
1436449623351.jpg
124 KB, 1001x1001
>>46370724
>Acanthus Doctor
It should be illegal to be this sexy and no I'm not talking about the art

But the art is pretty hot too
>>
>>46372483
I'm honestly tempted to grab a wet nurse pinup to model this precise build.
>>
>>46370724
>10 armor to all locations
>19 if its a green savior
The true "Green Knight"
>>
>>46367933
Cause you said 'lest I gotta reply:

Every armor set is viable. The game has minis for a fucking reason. Build the armor you like the look of. Put hobby minis on the table.

2 hunters/6 hunters is 100% up to modders. The 6 hunter variant doesn't work well at all as written, and the whole game is structured around 4 survivors. This is by FAR the shittiest point you made, and poisoned all the others considerably by proximity.

This settlement phase gripe is just sad. Made me feel bad and delete my rant at you before and just let you know passively that you suck. Go find some better friends. Use some imagination. Let people 'control' resources they earn through luck. Have people decide which weapons go where. If someone is using a spear a whole bunch, make it so they have a loose control over who gets it. Family is a thing. In all my games we own survivors, and surnames and bullshit baby trading (well, female/male trading to breed) is often a very real thing. It makes the settlement phase extremely fun, and in one of my games we have a voting system where the number of survivors you have is your voting bloc for how to innovate/what to build.

I was with you about a better hunt phase, just because the mat sucks and it should be a hunt deck that we make, but then you started getting hyperbolic and going off on "WHATEVER IT TAKES" as if it doesn't work in its current state, and you bled all melodramatic saying shit like "each monster should have a pool of hunt events!!" which is exactly how the game works right now.

High pop is already a choice you make. I'd like a farming expansion, but that's not really the theme of the game, and from the sounds of it the fox-something expansion in the works has population limits, so there you go.

It really, really doesn't help the validity of any of your points that the expansions solve most of your issues, but w/e. There you go.

>This is why you probably suck.
>>
>>46370733
If you have the whole set you can tag after the slam and get into melee ezpz.
>>
>>46373675
>I'd like a farming expansion
Not sameanon, just dropping in to let you know that the Dung Beetle Knight has farming, including Vampiric Artichoke and Nightmare Corn.
>>
>>46373675
I agree with you for the most part. But the number of hunters is a legitimate point. Context is important here. They were replying to a post asking what issues you would like to see fixed if the game got remade. Better support for differing numbers of hunters is a decent enough suggestion, and saying "The game is designed for only 4 survivors" really only reinforces that point.

It honestly wouldn't be that hard to have monsters profiles change to something along the lines of "2 Basic AI per player + 1 Advanced AI per player + 1 Legendary AI". Obviously, those are just numbers pulled out of my ass with nothing to actually support them, but the point remains. Player scaling is as old as board games themselves, and there isn't really a strong argument to NOT have it
>>
>>46373767
I mean more along the lines of an alt start; I've been playing around with a homebrew game where you start off 'advanced.'

You start off with no gear. The game begins when your settlement's overseer, a twisted knight (atm the white knight), is slain by an attacking nemesis and you have to begin fending for yourselves. Your first fight is against the weakened twilight knight that killed the white knight, and after this prologue battle you gain the twilight sword, and roll to see if you get any armor off her. Your first settlement event is harvesting the white knight's body and choosing your farming principle.

There's a new intimacy table, but no intimacy principle. Instead there's the farming principle, and you can choose to carry on as you always have under the mad white knight, where half the survivors take on the role of the white knight and the others are basically farming slaves (negative stats to half the people, mirror positive stats to the other half), or everyone works at what they're best (carry on as normal, but with a bonus on the farming rolls).

Farming rolls are on a chart and take place at the start of every settlement phase. On returning from the hunt you roll, and depending on your rolls that's how much food you get. Survivors who don't get food that year get a starving token. One starving token is not horrible, two is really bad, and three kills the survivor. Allocating food is important. Plenty of ways to get bonuses on the rolls, the main one being by getting survivors who know how to farm and making them farm, kind of like a mirror to how hunters go out and hunt and get better at it. This way even passive survivors have bonuses and reasons to be around.

The rest of the game ramps up, with events that limit hunting level 1s right off the bat. Monsters, all of them, use life as well.

>out of space. if you want to see more i'll take pics of custom sheets when i get home and share more.
>>
>>46373877
There is a strong argument here though. This isn't monopoly. ~20 sessions go into a full game, and that means you need solid starting points and solid rails to follow. It's frankly insanely awesome the 6 player variant even works as it does, considering.

This is very much the real of where you need to mod the game for your own group, because it's insane to think that the time vetting the game for 2, 3, 5, and 6+ players wouldn't be better spent just making a whole new game, or expansions, or whatever.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, I'm saying it's a waste of creator time to do that for everyone. Imagine if he spent an extra two months+ making the game variable for all those extra brackets of players, and I'm not saying anything more because there's too many unknowns, but lets say he spent that time, and that time translated onto the cost of the base game to the tune of an expansion (60 bucks tagged on). That's fair, right? There would be more cards, and more of everything if you want to module the game to fit such requirements as 2 hunter years (and that's ignoring the question of WTF just play 2 survivors each). I wouldn't want to pay that 60 extra. I want more models. More things to hunt. More nemisis to sub in, and more alt game modes.
>>
So, has anyone come up with their own settlement events yet? I think that the current batch of settlement events is basically fine, there just needs to be more of them.
>>
On the topic of settlement events: Could someone share a scan of "A Story in the Snow"?
>>
I've been working on some homebrew hybrid armor sets. The first set effectively turns a character into a watered down version of a savior.

Pseudo Saviors
>Paragon of the Beast (Hybrid)
>Red Ring, Red Charm, Monster Tooth Necklace
>For each [RED AFFINITY SYMBOL] you have, 1 of your attack rolls hits automatically each attack.

>Paragon of the Crown (Hybrid)
>Green Ring, Green Charm, Monster Grease
>When you depart, gain 1 armor to every hit location for each [GREEN AFFINITY SYMBOL] you have.

>Paragon of the Lantern (Hybrid)
>Blue Ring, Blue Charm, Lucky Charm
>For each [BLUE AFFINITY SYMBOL] you have, your ranged weapons gain this amount of range, and your melee weapons gain this amount of reach.

Doesn't get the free affinity, and takes up a third of your gear grid. In return, you don't get the XP penalty/bonus, and you can use gear with the Other keyword. This was basically just me toying with the idea of small non-armor sets that can be stuck into existing builds.

The other set I'm still working out the details of, but it's based on the Traditional Fantasy Classes line of KD Minis.

>Mage Set (Hybrid)
>Shadow Saliva Shawl, Silk Body Suit, Regeneration Suit, Cats Eye Circlet/Necromancers Eye
>Armor 1. Your Fist and Tooth has Range: 6. When you attack with Fist and Tooth at the end of your attack, instead of discarding Hit Locations, place them on top of the Hit Location deck in any order.

Currently working on the rest. For the Rogue I'm thinking about making it so that Arrows gain the Weapon and Dagger keywords, and lose the Ammo ability. So they basically become Poison daggers. Also considering having it so that they aren't 'consumed' if you use it while surging, but am worried that might be a bit too powerful.

Fighter I am thinking will have a way to spend bleeding tokens as if they were survival, but gaining actual survival gives her a penalty.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 399x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 399x476
>>46374193
>Poots shouldn't put more time and money into making variants that other people want
>he should be using that time and money to make variants that I want instead
>>
File: 1438198024441.gif (1 MB, 400x219) Image search: [Google]
1438198024441.gif
1 MB, 400x219
>>46375456
>what is reading comp

lemme guess, the unified public school system shat you out?

do you even make enough money to afford this game?

get on my level of shitposting bruh

>wasted time on a game variant that has no purpose
vs
>time spent making more unique content

>HURR DURR THEY'RE BASICALLY THE SAME
-you

why don't you go bitch that solitaire is single player, or that chess should support nine players and have checker compatibility.
>>
>>46351316
>>46351356
There are two ways to do this, afaik.
There's the "wet blending" that was mentioned and there's a layering technique. (I don't know the exact names for these techniques!) When they tell you to thin your paints, this painting technique takes it to the extreme. The paint is thinned farther than you might expect and layered in on whatever base color you choose. Let it dry and then layer on another coat. Don't be rough with the brushing because the layers are really light and build on one another to give extremely smooth and potentially subtle results. The technique gives a really nice finish but takes a lot of patience. It's really good for flesh tones, which allows you to get nice depth and subtlety.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446608581198.jpg (11 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446608581198.jpg
11 KB, 375x305
>>46373675
>The game is absolutely flawless and daring to suggest otherwise is a slight to based Poots's vision for the game. Therefore you suck.

Ok kid.
>>
Has anyone found any Weapon Masteries that ended up just not being as useful as others? Example: our first not-doomed Settlement only managed to keep alive an Axe master, and while it certainly wasn't bad, felt like there should have been a better spread of weapon skills instead of pure DPS that's just pretty-good.
>>
>>46380435
Twilight Sword and Katana Mastery aren't very useful :^)
>>
>>46380573
TS is at least a silver bullet against the Watcher. But if as mentioned above in the thread his Life is only 10-15, AI not involved, it seems overkill. Other than that useful from three skill to seven, I guess.
Can you pass down TS mastery with Family like normal masteries? It would be decent to have a bunch of kids born with three points in TS, so every time the main guy wanders into the darkness he leaves the sword to someone capable.
>>
>>46380573
Katana Mastery, however, is kind of dildos. I don't get it. And you only get it for the last four points of mastery, after all that goddamn work.
>>
>>46380663
If there were more katana, I could see it being better. There isn't though, so yeah, fuck it.
>>
>>46380628
Watcher's AI and HL can be super-deadly if you let him move. A good Twilight Sword wielder is a lot of help.

>>46380435
God Tier "Please Mr. Hand, teach me how to weapon": Shield, Fist & Tooth
More Useful: Bow
Medium Useful: Sword, Spear
Less Useful: Dagger (But the specialization is real good)

None terrible, though whip might be gimped by the weapons you use it on.
>>
>>46381432
With all expansion content there are like four now I believe. But that doesn't change the fact that you can't select it normally (have to roll good on Edged Tonometry, which means People of the Sun campaign or a level THREE Sunstalker kill), and then have it do nothing for three points. At four points, FINALLY, do you get a single auto-wound without drawing location IF you perfect hit, but you have to be blind, so no Timeless Eye.
If you could get it earlier, instead of LY 9 at earliest IF you're playing Sunstalker campaign (who knows how late you can knock out a L3 Sunstalker as quarry), it's at least not as encumbering (literally) as the TS. No hooded Knight to ratchet your mastery up and down whether you like it or not, and when you leave the mastery to another survivor, Katana Mastery level 1 is just nothing. Whereas TS mastery, levels one and two, are teeeeerrible.
>>
>>46381446
Grand weapon I don't know about, mastery-wise. Interested in a Katar master as an Evasion tank though.
Shield is better than whip? I mean it's great, no doubt, but until you master it you can't honestly use it directly to tank. I'd meant to work on a whip master but now I'm having second thoughts.
>>
>>46381662
Shield Master gets a significant benefit for the entire settlement. 1 to all hit locations on top of regular shield effects? Yes please. That's why it and Fist and Tooth are great go-tos if you get the free mastery from the Regal Visit.
>>
>>46381662
The problem with katar mastery is that it requires you to use katars.
>>
>>46381662
Whip spec is good to have, but mastery seems less needed. You don't really need more than one whip in a party, and the mastery just makes you more likely to wound with it.
>>
>>46382145
You know you don't HAVE to use both paired katars.
>>
>>46381770
I didn't even think about that benefit for the Settlement. Does it require you to be holding a shield though? Even so.
And yeah, Fist and Tooth is beast. Watcher had nothing on us - this is the anon who beat him with 13 Life plus 12 AI because we weren't sure, and F&T meant he never had us all knocked down and so never got to heal at all. Also we punched him to death in the ass. Good times.
>>
>>46381662
If you want evasion tank, make a Mean Green Acanthus Machine such as seen with >>46370724.

Katars are really fun if you're doing a blind-run group since they're fluffy, but they're really not all that efficient. Big heavy hitting weapons are generally more reliable and far safer in this game, unfortunately.
>>
>>46382214
Holding a single leather shield alone is already great, holding it while having proficiency or mastery is icing on the cake.
>>
>>46382181
Exactly. One Katar on a Katar master, like the Beast Knuckle, and a decent evade set, and they can stack those Evasion tokens high. Pairing them and using White Lion set is a trap. The main thing standing in the way of using them as such at this point is I think expansions added a single Katar. Not exactly endgame weaponry.
>>46381446
Doesn't Bow Specialization just let you reroll bow hits? I dearly wish specialization removed Cumbersome, not mastery.
>>
>>46382289
Both dragon and beetle actually added katars. I think they are the most ubiquitous weapon besides swords and daggers. The digging claw is pretty decent and doubles as a mining pick.
>>
>>46382341
Oooh. I missed the claw, that sounds boss. Only half my expansions came in yet. Sadly can't squeeze the Knights into campaign that just started, but still. Exciting things to look forward to!
Side note: I am terribly glad the expansions added more Maces/Clubs. Like a lot of them. Core game had Skullcap Hammer (pretty good), Whistling Mace (pretty bad) and GSK's Maul (good luck getting that). Such that Lantern Armor club buff was basically to make your Skullcaps useful. Now Lantern Armor plus Riot Maces off the Gorm? THAT is sexy.
>>
>>46382400
The hammer from the Slenderman expansion. Gimme gimme.
>>
>>46382482
It's an interesting one. At first I was like "One good hit and they get knocked a million miles away?! And with all that strength too - no way to get extra hits out of it?" Then realized that it's a positioning weapon, especially versus Slendy who's all over the board. You cricket-bat the monster into range of everyone else so they can wail on it. Or away from everybody else, if need be.
>>
>>46382400
My group actually got the GSK Maul, we were losing our collective shit when it happened. It was pretty great for two hunts.The third following hunt the maul user met the gambler and rolled a 1.so did the newborn savior.

The following hunt was a wild ride.
>>
http://delphi.atmos.colostate.edu/miniatures/kingdomDeath/kingdomDeath.php

I am equally horrified and jealous
>>
>>46383786
The eyes, all of the eyes. Except for that: some of those may be able to salvaged by some washes and highlighting.
>>
>>46382482
How many Dark Water do you need to make that thing? Follow-up: how many on average do you get per fight? I know one automatically and one for each person who rolled good on Ensnare, but how often does Ensnare Borg happen *and* turn out well?
>>
>>46385226

IIRC, you'll need 4 total, plus 2 iron. Two to get Light Crafting to level 2, and then 2 for the recipe itself.
>>
>>46384036

I feel like KD:M minis would do well with a Darkest Dungeon aesthetic. Don't really paint the eyes, jsut put dark shadows where the eyes should be. Certainly fits the starting survivors, who I think people forget are supposed to have eyes caked with ink.
>>
File: 20160401010312_1.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160401010312_1.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
Out of interest I put all the hybrid sets together.
Well...
You'll see.

Dancer finished first.
It's fine. Tumble is a 50% chance to avoid Collisions. 1 evasion, 2 if you're insane. The open green affinity on the boots also screams for a Monster Grease.
Both the set bonus and completing the affinities on the boots mean a LOT of movement.
You could use it for most things, staying in the blind spot/optimal range, keeping the fuck out of dodge, getting multiple hits in with the Gloom Hammer, etc.

It's a good shell.
>>
Struggling way too hard to upload this file.
>>
File: 20160401010353_1.jpg (418 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160401010353_1.jpg
418 KB, 1920x1080
>>46387243
Brawler's next and
It has potential, I guess. Nothing fits, but you can throw some extra gear on him.
Definitely encourages frenzying yourself.
>>
>>46387243

Dang, yeah. Armor's a little low, but it's a solid 3 evasion with monster grease if insane, with the ability to get basically a free dash at the end of every turn. I'd buy that for a dollar.
>>
>>46387284

Brawler armor I think wants to fight things like Phoenix or Lion and have F&T mastery. That way you can throw yourself in harm's way to get knocked down by collision a lot, take slightly reduced damage from the lion cloak, and use F&T mastery to get back up and keep swinging stronger and better than before. Probably great with a high accuracy/low str weapon like a dagger or something.
>>
File: 20160401010516_1.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160401010516_1.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
>>46387284
Warlord makes me sad.
Both the Lantern Greaves and the Plackart need three other pieces to complete them, so you're choosing between the two.
Granted with 8-10 soak you should have enough armor to forgo the Plackart's effect, but these things shouldn't have to make you choose like that.
But it also means you still have three parts with incomplete affinities, and you need two pieces with the right affinities to finish the Greaves.

The previous two are annoying for having the set bonus action-boosting pieces, which feel wasted.
>>
>>46387314
Four evasion with monster grease if insane.
Monster Grease gives you two evasion with two complete greens.
>>
How do I make a webm with no sound? Color shifting sunstalkerfag here, if anyone still cares to see my test model.
>>
>>46387551
Video editor?

I use Reaper. It's actually an audio editor and importing video is a pain sometimes, but it works. And is free.
>>
>>46387551
Here you go, mate.
https://html5backgroundvideos.com/converter/
>>
>>46387760
Well, it says it's been uploaded to the queue. I'll try again tomorrow. Time for bed.
>>
File: Phoenix Plackart.jpg (201 KB, 565x565) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix Plackart.jpg
201 KB, 565x565
My ageless, fist&tooth master, bitter frenzy berserker survivor with 39 insanity just got cured of her blindness and all disorders by life pattern.

4 accuracy 2 speed. She's a beast with a zanbato.
>>
>>46383786
>http://delphi.atmos.colostate.edu/miniatures/kingdomDeath/kingdomDeath.php

Dear god, learn how to paint eyes. Black rim them at the very least!
>>
>>46387551
Looking forward to seeing your progress Anon. Very curious about the results.
>>
>>46387413
>8-10 soak
The armor value on Hybrid armor is a replacement, not a bonus.
>>
>>46391758
Oh, right. I forgot about that.
>>
>>46381583
You can have it with Timeless eye if you use the eyepatch you get from the same event. Timeless eye specifically procs off of the severe head injury, while the Katana specialization procs of "blind" in general.
>>
What do you all do about Gorm Climate? Play it as-is? Mod it? Remove it entirely?

In addition to being a pain in the ass it just seems repetitive and not fun
>>
Holy fuck!
Lantern Festival is up on the store!
$180 though, I'd thought it would cost $150 like the Dragon King...
http://shop.kingdomdeath.com
>>
>>46392209

What a wicked april's fool, m8!
>>
File: Implied_Facepalm.jpg (23 KB, 456x297) Image search: [Google]
Implied_Facepalm.jpg
23 KB, 456x297
>>46392209
not today
>>
>>46392209
Uh huh.
>>
Anybody got the Gorm card pic? Not the pdf rules, just the collection of components from facebook or whatever
>>
Has anyone bought KDM from the KDM store? How long did it take to get to you?
>>
File: vYTTgbS.jpg (4 MB, 2160x9732) Image search: [Google]
vYTTgbS.jpg
4 MB, 2160x9732
>>46393606
The Gear, Disorders et al?
>>
>>46393947
You're a pal, Jimmy
>>
>>46394140

Jimmy is my slave name, please call me Steven
>>
>>46392208
Remove after first Gorm Kill.
>>
>>46393947
can you post the green knight one?
>>
>>46396553
Speaking of, I think the recipes for the Green Gloves and Green Plate are misprinted, and should be swapped.

>Gloves
>Requires Hunters Heart to make
>Requires a Gorm resource to make
>Does not have the Gormskin keyword.

>Plate
>Requires Lion Knight Claws to make.
>Does not require any Gorm resources.
>Has the Gormskin keyword.
>>
File: drypaint.webm (789 KB, 404x720) Image search: [Google]
drypaint.webm
789 KB, 404x720
So, I did a color test for that SpazTix paint on a 50 cent giant green army man from the dollar store. Looking at shifting colours for the Sunstalker.
I used a Gold/Orange/Purple/Red on his legs, his chest is Gold/Green/Orange/Purple, and his back is Green/Purple/Teal. Used a white primer, and basecoated in Vallejo Model Transparent Red. His left side is straight Transparent Red, and his right side is a 1/3 mix of gloss medium and Transparent Red.

Well, personally, I feel like the red is a bit too much, but I'll give him a few more passes tomorrow and see what I think. Maybe try out a few more color options, too. I'm thinking of using the base color (white belly, green back), or maybe a dark blue.
>>
>>46396968
Looks interesting Anon, the base makes quite a difference, so I'm looking forward too see more of your test items.
>>
>>46396968
Man, he looks fabulous!
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/653618369

TTS Mod has been updated.
Fixed a few missing cards, and renamed one of the decks.
>>
File: Green Knight.jpg (937 KB, 2588x3456) Image search: [Google]
Green Knight.jpg
937 KB, 2588x3456
>>46396553
Here you go
>>
>>46396879
Email Poots?
>>
Hi, I am sorry if this has been asked, I have come back as far as I can )actually I am new to 4chan, I tried to go back to older threads but everything previous to the previous post is not accesible...)

I have been trying to collect everything I an regarding this game scans, trying to create a PnP version (live in Uruguay, do not have the economy to buy it, the importation cost alone would be more than 300 dollars).

My questions:

1 - Has there been a share of the main board game (the one with the squares in which you fight) inn a decent, printable quality and resolution?

2 - Has there been a share of everything included in the expansions: People of the Sun or People of the Stars Campaigns?

3 - Could anybody please share:
-Dung beetle knight cards
-Flower knight cards
-Manhunter cards
-Lion God rulebook and cards
-Gorm rulebook and cards
-Slenderman rulebook and cards

Of course, I would not ask without give, I offer myself to upload to mega any file that I do have in exchange for things I dont have. I have the rules (ocr and scanned) and some big files that got shared around.

I also offer myself to keep alive the files so more people can download.

Could you guys please help me find this, and if you know how to access older backups of this thread beyond the previous page, please do help me!).
>>
Anyone got their expansions yet from the Spear Head Sale?
>>
>>46399366
Yep, mine just got in today. Took a bit to ship, but got here in two days like it said it would. My friend's expansions got to him last Friday.
>>
>>46397583
Fuck you Tina.
>>
>>46398726
Read the thread, asshole.
>>
>>46401723
Now now, don't call the newb an asshole, he willingly admitted to not be versed in the ways of 4chan.
>>
Could someone post an image with all the spears, from both core and expansions?

Are there any armor kits or hybrids that support spears?
>>
>>46405500
Antelope and Lion sets are pretty good for spears, or spears are pretty good for them since they grant some extra versatility in positioning to pounce/slam
>>
>>46406069
Those seem to benefit any kind of melee fighter, not specifically spears as far as I can recall.
>>
>>46407628
It's MUCH easier to pull off a successful pounce with a spear though. You can even pounce from the position you attacked the monster last turn to a valid attack-from square since you can attack on diagonals, letting you pounce every turn with minimal setup (though depending on how the monster moves...). And on slams you have the option to follow up move or not, or to attack after slamming before you get the complete set and ability to make a follow up move.
>>
>>46407856
Dragon armor's Jump ability also seems to be more controllable with spears, but again that's just reach interactions rather than a dedicated weapon-type buff that other sets provide.
>>
File: survivor.png (45 KB, 145x141) Image search: [Google]
survivor.png
45 KB, 145x141
>>46383786
>>
>>46410102
I cant believ it
>>
>>46410102
>/v/ beats a big faction of /tv/
>/tg/ beats the entirety of /v/
This is truly the death of a kingdom.
>>
>>46410102
You are the person /v/ wanted to be for an entire day.
>>
>>46410809
>>46410825
>>46410871
Look at the time faggots
>>
Did the flower knight sprue really need to come with thirteen arrows? Three of each would have been plenty.
>>
Rip general
>>
>>46412239

Obviously it's so you could glue them all over the place t your minis.
>>
>>46412239
Maybe you could do an anime/Legolas thing and have three nocked at once?
>>
Before this thread drops into the void, I want to check and make sure I'm not overlooking something.

So for the People of the Stars campaign, the Scar, Noble surname, and Reincarnated surname don't give you any mechanical benefits aside from contribution to your constellation, correct?
>>
>>46417409
Would have to check over the scans. Expansions haven't arrived here yet.
>>
>>46417409
Yup, the surnames only work for constelattion, scars get a little play with Arena innovation
>>
File: 1426855591201.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1426855591201.gif
999 KB, 250x251
Alright, those last two White Lion hunts went almost perfectly.
Suffered no lasting negatives from them, the two dissorders we got from a Hunt Event we were able to cure by drumming.
The only death we had to take was from a bad roll on the Skull Eater Event, which killed the eater (one of our better Survivors).
Now the Butcher is knocking at our door, we made sure to go out wrapped in bandages, but I think we still need luck.
Hopefully we will not get completly wiped out by him like in our last campaign, that actually caused a very early Game Over for us.
>>
>>46420673
You could always send breeders out to die rather than huntsman and just treat it as an instant loss
>>
>>46420722
Is the Butcher really that hard to beat on his first encounter?
I know last time we lasted pretty long, but just got super unlucky with our rolls and hit loactions draws.
I think we did draw the axes at least three times in a row, twice.
And once everyone was frenzied it was over pretty quick.
>>
>>46420877
It is doable, but a challenge. At least at that point of the game your hunters aren't very talented so replacing them isn't too difficult.
>>
>>46420955
One bandage increase your chance to win with early hunters. Two bandages make winning make it much more plausible.
>>
His accuracy is also pretty poor (mostly 4+ rather than the 2+ for most monsters) so Rawhide and Monster Grease feel like they do a lot for your survival. If luck of the draw gets you some tall grass he becomes decently takeable, you can even get Legendary Lungs.
>>
>>46421284
We might have gone overboard, we made three.
Then again, we had enough hide to spent.
>>
>>46421526
More survivors able to bandage can't hurt. Short of Hack City, kick loops, or headhunter attacks Butcher mostly kills with his bleed effects, not normal damage (though that's no excuse to not try to have some armor)
>>
>>46410102
looks like claymation
>>
Fought the lion tonight. Of all fights it's my least favorite. Probably just because I've fought him the most. Wasn't planning on actually fighting him past the intro fight, but I finally got a Eye of Cat drop, so had to go kill another to get the Catarium.

Fight went okay, Gough broke a rib, and Tiran got his back broken, but I can put a Cat Gut Bow on him.

Next year I'm going up against Spidicules for the first time ever. Then it's the Tyrant, the Manhunter, and I'm not sure what after that. Another Spidicules or Gorm. We'll see how I feel.
>>
>>46424405
Also managed to get Gormchymy going, got Negredo and Citronas, as well as a Wisdom pot. I'm thinking I'll throw that on Tiran along with the rawhide headband, the Cat Eye Circlet, Luck Charm, and the bow. He can be support.
>>
File: KNIGHTS.png (4 MB, 1329x1400) Image search: [Google]
KNIGHTS.png
4 MB, 1329x1400
Just finished the last of the Knight expansion models. All of them have cool designs, but I think the Dung Beetle Knight might be my favorite, though I suspect I did a better job painting the Lion Knight.

I'm actually kind of surprised how well these are turning out, given that previous to getting KDM I didn't have any experience with miniatures at all.
>>
>>46424661
Not bad. Keep practicing!

I feel like the Flower Knight needs a bit more touching up though. He's got lots of details that are just a basic shade of green. Maybe try and go over his filigree with a purple or something to match his sleeves?
>>
>>46424661
You did really well on the DBK. Not a fan of your color choices for the LK but that is just my personal preference. FK needs more, dude is the swaggest mofo to come out of the woods.
>>
>>46424661
Also, you should touch up the Resin ball. I mean, brown, yeah I get it. But feels like it should be more than that.
>>
>>46425190

That picture doesn't show off the ball very well, but its actually a mashup of spots of light brown, dark brown, and copper color. Intentionally blotchy and uneven, since its a ball of shit.

>>46424871
>>46424961

Okay, I'll touch up the flower knight some.
>>
Consider a pale tan/brown wash over that hair - like army painter light tone or similar

Dark brown or green wash on the other dudes

In either use using it sparingly, just enough to darken crevices
>>
File: dragonkinghornswip.png (1 MB, 894x960) Image search: [Google]
dragonkinghornswip.png
1 MB, 894x960
I haven't posted in a while because I went to Wondercon. Which I then got con-flu from. So there's very little progress on this.
What do you guys think of the white highlight on the horns?
>>
>>46425740
So far you've been painting it the way I want to. I wasn't sure if I wanted to paint up the horns like giant nuclear fuel rods but I think you've sold me on making them bone.

10/10 would worship as a god and build a tomb for.
>>
>>46425991
Good to know. I was tempted to try glows on the horns, or in the mouth, but I haven't even read the king's deck - so I don't know if he actually has a breath attack or if the horns do anything like that or whatever.
>>
>>46426160
Dude. Godzilla.

Godzilla, dude.
>>
>>46395367
>I cheat

K
>>
>>46392208
Playing as is.
>>
>>46392208
Play as is, buuut. Since I can't imagine fighting the Gorm without Dash, we didn't add the event to allow us to hunt it till we had it. After that just rushing Song of the Brave I guess. I agree the event is awful and unbalanced, but then I figure maybe it's meant to offset all the neat shit you can then get out of the horrid thing. I'm still suspicious of trying to hunt it LY2 though. No thanks.

It also became a lot less awful when it occurred to me that resources you just brought back don't go to storage unless you don't spend them this Settlement Phase. I originally read "1-3: Lose every goddamn resource. Or an innovation (arguably worse)"
>>
>>46429124
I fought him year 2. Was a rough, but fun fight. Got Citronas, and taking on Spidicules next!
>>
>>46387413
>Both the Lantern Greaves and the Plackart need three other pieces to complete them, so you're choosing between the two.
Or, you know, since you're using the Lion Knight expansion, you could get Ageless Apprentice.
>>
>>46412239
It's for the secret fighting art "Arrow Shaft Porcupine".
>>
>>46424405
The lion is bread and butter. Gorm is an oddball IMO because it feels like it was never meant to be such an early hunt. He has a bunch of stuff that's really nice, but on the table it just never seems to play out, even on playtest. I'm really conflicted with Gorm and Spidicules. Both just have trouble competing. Honestly the Flower Knight feels like it should have traded places with them hunting it early to get fencing and dip into some of its awesome items has become commonplace in both my games.

Also nobody gives a fuck about your survivor names. Fucking triggers me seeing people always saying shit like 'Tim did really good last fight!' Who the fuck is Tim? Why do I care? If there's no story or even point to mentioning them by name just say 'a fuggin survivor.'
>>
>>46430851
>Also nobody gives a fuck about your survivor names. Fucking triggers me seeing people always saying shit like 'Tim did really good last fight!' Who the fuck is Tim? Why do I care? If there's no story or even point to mentioning them by name just say 'a fuggin survivor.'
Fucking this
The only thing I enjoy with this is trying to figure out when / how fast they ran out of themed names.
>Caesar, Cato the Younger, Mark Anthony and Johnny had a good hunt.
>>
Actually, now that we fight the Butcher again, I remember the question we had when we first fought him.
How does drawing two AI cards work?
Do you draw two and choose which one to handle first? If so, what if it is a Kick, does the Kick-drawn AI trigger before the second drawn AI card?
Or do you draw one AI card, do that, and after the first one is done draw the second one?
I did not find anything in the rulebook detailing how this works, maybe I overlooked it though.
>>
>>46431599
The second thing you wrote. That is to say, the Butcher just goes twice.
Also if his card says "Draw AI" (like Kick) - you first discard the current card, then draw a new one. This leads to the infamous "Kick loop", where if the butcher only has one (or two) Kick cards in his AI deck, he keeps kicking until you find a way to stop him (think survival actions) or you all die. One small comfort in this is that the AI card currently in play is not in the AI deck nor in the discard pile, so if you wound him on the flow in the Kick card, and he has nothing else in his deck, he dies immediately.
>>
>>46424661
Let me truly break down miniature painting for you, what's required to get your stuff looking reasonable.
Basecoat
Wash
Highlight

You are currently only doing step 1. Grab some washes (GW make good washes), layer it on your models - watch as they get depth in the shadows and details start poppoing, and everything looks more realistic. Then learn about highlighting - picking out details in a marginally brighter paint to make it look better.
>>
>>46425740
Great, looks very smooth and natural.
>>
>>46432052

I actually do have some wash, I got a black wash with my first set of paints because I was told I would need it.

However, despite getting better at other things, I have never applied black wash to a model and not have had it turned out looking like dogshit afterwards and ruining any work I had done up until that point, so I just stopped trying.

Whats the secret to using washes?
>>
>>46433150
Use the correct color wash for starter. Black wash goes on gray, on metals, maybe on dark blue or brown.
Get a skin-toned wash for skin, a brown wash for leather, etc. etc.
If you're stuck with the black, you try can dilute it with water or medium. It would still look weird, but better than straight out of the pot. THIN YO PAINTS
>>
File: IMG_0141.jpg (245 KB, 1233x1185) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0141.jpg
245 KB, 1233x1185
My first female miniature ever.

This rough texture on the skin seems to be some GS fuckery I didn't see and I fear a case of bad base colour spray, I don't know.
>>
>>46433186

I plan to cover up the left shoulder because of that. Any recommendation for bitz?
I thought of the leather set shoulder pad, but I am sure there are more creative solutions
>>
>>46433186
Face looks cute, would go on a hunt with.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.