[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick! You have 10 seconds to write an original hook for a campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: cigarobo.gif (1019 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
cigarobo.gif
1019 KB, 500x363
Quick! You have 10 seconds to write an original hook for a campaign that takes place in a mecha universe (Gundam, Macross, etc).

Tweaking the rules of the universe is fine, as long as it keeps the general premise intact.

Hard-mode: no "PC doesn't have a mecha, but everyone else does"

Previous thread: >>46285338
>>
>>46344701
You're building the first mecha in the world.

Because ghosts.
>>
>>46344701
The party doesn't pilot the mechas, they're the group of people in the cockpit of the base yelling at the mecha pilots that they're being way too reckless
>>
The party tries to survive an invasion of an evil empire that uses mecha, with only nomal weapons

I tought aldonoah zero was going to be like that
>>
>>46344701

>Macross
It's 2007 A.D. in the darkest days of the UN wars and the party are a group of hardened veterans trying to stay alive as a destroid squad. Shoot your way though Manchuria in a obsolete Tomahawk, fighting terrifying new veritec fighters.
>>
The mechas are powered by thousands and thousands of bees. This is what happens when you rush my brain anon
>>
>>46344701
The party is the maintenance team trying to somehow keep all those super prototypes with nonstandard parts you can't get anywhere from falling apart in combat.
>>
>>46344701
PCs are the only people with mecha. They try not to go mad with power.
>>
>>46344701

>PC are a part of the last bastion of humanity: humans who don't want to be assimilated into the robot-conglomerate
>robo-conglomerate is an alien concept. All alien species merge into one by essentially uploading to a robo-hivemind
>robo-hivemind has mechas. Uses the conscience of poor sods who joined the conglomerate to pilot these machines
>machines have to be shaped like the host's natural form or else they don't work.
>Humanoid-mechs are some of the best in uni-gravity scenarios (planetside)
>PCs have to defend their planet from this robo-conglomerate that wishes to assimilate them and thus, use their conscience to make more elite human-mechas to conquer the galaxy
>>
>>46344701
THOSE FUCKING ELVES STOLE OUR SHIT

AND SPACE PIRATE DRACULA IS DEMANDING WE PAY DEBTS
>>
>>46326328
Yes, I would play mecha-Hitsugi no Chaika.

>>46344800
M3 is very difficult to run a campaign of.

How about uh...

You are spacenoids/martians/whatever who are holding an anti-orbital weapons platform. The filthy earth savages want to take it down because they have a ship that was in the outer system for some reason making landfall here in one week's time. It's on a ballistic trajectory with very limited course adjustment possible, and needs most of its fuel just to slow down enough not to disintegrate from landing.

Some of your attackers have family on that ship. Some of your allies want you to fuck up so that they can find out what the terrans were DOING out there.
>>
>>46346347
I actually wrote up such a setting in microscope once. Humanity never invented transistors but got REALLY good at using insect colonies as calculating engines. Enough that they had combat droids and shit whose programming ran on ant based systems.
>>
File: NTC10008-2.jpg (37 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
NTC10008-2.jpg
37 KB, 752x564
>>46344701
>mechs are hosts for ghosts
>people need to wear masks/live in mechs because virus
>mechs are submersibles used for underwater work like Planetes but underwater
>mechs are living mechanical organisms that can assimilate/grow/change form
>uber competitive giant quadra-pedal mech races
>alien mega-corp takes over earth government and deploys large mechs in cities to keep order
>mechs used to construct crazy dangerous structures like giant super bridges/space stations
>giant mech jousting
>mechs used to hunt large creatues for sport
>>
>>46346612
You remind me of my son. He has aspergers too.
>>
>>46346675
Microscope is multiplayer setting building game.
>>
Mechas have been outlawed, you and your team must hunt down and destroy the last AWOL pilots and recover the black box recorder from each of their mechs. Along the way you discover a heinous plot
>>
File: 1374716046778.jpg (51 KB, 625x552) Image search: [Google]
1374716046778.jpg
51 KB, 625x552
Mechs have become lighter, smaller and part of everyday life; but something has started reviving/repairing old moving fortress generation 1 and 2 mechs that were built for decimating enemy strongholds. The PC have to fight much larger and vastly more armored mechs that can rival cities in size.
>>
>>46344701

NotChar seeks to take over the country to institute laws making lolis legal. Your character is a loli fighting back against this oppression and you accidentally fall into a Gundumb.
>>
>>46344701
A bear somehow steals a Gundam. You have to get it back.
>>
>>46346675
you should have used
>my wife's son
if you wanted to get really triggery
>>
>>46344701
The crew are in one of various giant mechs acting as a sort of live maintance crew repairing internal damage and making sure that the internal systems such as life support and weapon systems are normally functioning. While during this the pc's are constantly in a battle zone as the protagonist/dmpc insists the player chars can manage anything.
Half the time the pc's will be running around and trying to survive anything that is thrown at them. And the mech pilot is a generic anime protagonist;
>Ftl but mech mode, and with auto pilot.
>>
>>46344701
Zeon wins.
>>
Turn A Gundam II

Years have passed since the White Doll and the Turn X were "destroyed" by the Moonlight Butterfly. Time enough for people to forget the lessons of the past.

Ameria, suddenly in possession of vast amounts of Black History technologies, begins building up a Mobile Doll army, and opens the Heim Institute to train pilots with the intent of recolonising space.

PCs play the cadets of the Institute, training for a space mission when a Gallian surprise attack means they have to fight using the first generation of Earthrace mecha - the Borjarnon II, the Hei-Kapool (a Hygogg), and so on.

The campaign is a mix of Trails of Cold Steel and Royal Space Force in the Turn A setting, featuring an older, still bitter Sochie as head of the Heim family and Guin Lineford selling arms to other countries to keep Gym's ideals alive.
>>
Weaponized
Fuckin'
Silt striders

vs

Dwemer golems.
>>
Battletech: Some dumb princess on New Avalon needs bodyguards
>>
>>46347856
What are Borjarnon IIs? Hizacks?
>>
>>46344701
These guys are a new threat, they're killing all our guys, but they don't have mechas themselves
>>
The party pilots a series of mechas of varying classes in a conflict where mechsuits are basically useless due to their small size and lack of capital firepower.
>>
>>46348070
Zaku II (pretty sure the original was a Zaku I)

or a Marasai
>>
>>46348206
Nope Borjarnons are Zaku IIs. They only had one Zaku I that was used Gavane Goonny.
>>
>>46347502
I'm pretty sure that just ends up turning into 40k
>>
>>46346244
I had hoped it'd be IS vs Clanners.
I instead got Gary Stu asspulls wins.
>>
>>46349633
They made the "clan" mechs too damn powerful, so that all that was left was asspulls.

"It's effectively invulnerable and oneshots all the other guys" leaves you with very little leeway in the fights or the story
>>
File: Poipoider_8936.jpg (35 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
Poipoider_8936.jpg
35 KB, 350x263
The dolphin nation and their allies have finally decided to make their play for the domination of Earth, armies of power suited cetaceans have begun to size control of coastal cities and military bases around the world.

As a member of an elite member of a front line special operations team it's you job to strike deep inland against human facilities to prevent counterattacks and disable key infrastructure. It is finally time to rid this world of the land dwelling scum. The oceans will be free of their tyranny, inshallah.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.