[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does tg think of redwall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: RedwallUSCover.jpg (43 KB, 350x523) Image search: [Google]
RedwallUSCover.jpg
43 KB, 350x523
What does tg think of redwall?
>>
>>46338225
>>>/lit/

>>>/trash/
>>
File: come kill me.jpg (58 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
come kill me.jpg
58 KB, 704x480
>>46338225
It's great.
>>
I'm on phone so it'll take me a while to type this up but has anyone ever run redwall as a campaign/setting? I know mouseguard exists but with all the different races of redwall I feel that especially for someone unfamiliar with it it would be a blast to run
>>
>>46338225
Good kid stuff
>>
Yay, let's have an infantile furry game that is nothing but fetch quests!

Or let's not and say we did?
>>
>>46338327
I'd run it in Rune Quest, question is, how the stats'd scale.

Mixed species parties would have an interesting time, Badgers are several times the size of things like shrews, even anthropomorphised as they were.

You could probably work that for gameplay; make puzzles that require the cooperation of a large and small creature.

This stuff isn't outside of Rune Quest's remit, as by default in many editions it was taken as given that you should be able to play anything sapient, though not necessarily in any campaign irrespective of context.
>>
Redwall was always the setting i'd run mouseguard in if I were to do so. It's kids books sure but as far as fantasy featuring anthropomorphic animals you could do waaay worse, and I have fond memories of reading the series as a kid.
>>
>>46338697
You obviously haven't read Mouse Guard.
Please do!
>>
>>46338225
I loved them as a kid, and still get a sad sort of deflated feeling now every time I see one of the books because I know there won't be any more.
>>
File: redwall.jpg (349 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
redwall.jpg
349 KB, 576x576
>>46338697
>>
>>46338791
Sure, why not.
>>
Good fantasy books.
Actually flesh out the setting and peoples a lot instead of being stereotyped McDwarves#35

Also talks a lot about food, music, and general life outside of ADVENTURE.

Really just a good breath of fresh air after so much dick swinging fantasy out there.
>>
>>46338862
I know that’s from Winter, but The Black Axe is one of the best comic books I’ve ever read.
>>
My favorite book has to be Rogue Crew because of that fucking land boat
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.