[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting creatures larger than large.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: antipaladin.jpg (88 KB, 736x1306) Image search: [Google]
antipaladin.jpg
88 KB, 736x1306
My party is up against a Huge foe for our very last session of a very long campaign. How do you have a flavorful fight with something that massive? He is basically a newborn evil god that the party has been preparing all campaign to fight. I dont want it to be like every other fight, i want something special here. What do you guys do for fight of this size?

Also post pics of evil looking humans if you dont mind.
>>
File: antipaladin.jpg (13 KB, 250x259) Image search: [Google]
antipaladin.jpg
13 KB, 250x259
>>46331468
Shit, meant to post this pic
>>
>>46331486
You meant to post a thumbnail?
>>
>>46331468
Make him look medium sized, but every time he attacks, his huge dark shadow leaps out of him
>>
File: antipaladin.jpg (89 KB, 964x1000) Image search: [Google]
antipaladin.jpg
89 KB, 964x1000
>>46331486
>>46331498
Hows this?
>>
>>46331468
find some kind of role for each one of your party.

Wizard obviously can fly around and shoot at it.

Maybe the ranger helps devise traps to stall it and bring it down, and shoots it in the meantime.

Rogues&Fighters maybe try to climb up it a-la Shadow of the Colossus.

Work in siege weaponry, airships, bring a whole fuckin army.
>>
File: Teranoctis (charmeleonfolk).jpg (120 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
Teranoctis (charmeleonfolk).jpg
120 KB, 600x849
>>46331551
Here is the party and the forces at their disposal

>Mystic Thurge (mildly customized to allow sorc and oracle)
>Bard
>Fighter
>AntiPaladin

They also each have a few weapons that can ignore the divine DR in the setting.

As for an army, after last session they still have
>25 full orcs
>1 Huge clockwork monster humanoid in shape.
>20 undead ninjas
>17 undead pirates
>7 large Teranoctis (charmeleonfolk) that can turn invisible briefly once per day
>1 large zeplin that can hold up to 45 occupants or 25000 pounds
>1 small zeplin that can hold up to 8 occupants and very little cargo
>>
They fight on it? Always a cool moment. Players cling to the side of the evil god as it strides about the realm, destroying all it see's.
>>
Put some thought into the terrain, and if the players can influence where they fight to be somewhere that can benefit them, maybe drop a hint.
>>
>>46331888
I figure this is a part of the Fighter's plan no mater how I go about this. What kind of check would you say that is, raw STR?

>>46332061
They have already chosen the final battleground. a large mountain and the very first place the party all met up. There is a powerful artifact there that they are hoping to use, but even if they end up not being able to make it work, it is poetic how the game will close at the open.

ive been thinking about using different elevation of the mountain side as something. perhaps a king of the hill style climb, where he chases the players up the mountain, as they exchange fire. Do you think that might be exciting?
>>
How about some kind of reflex save against all attacks to make them seem like huge sweeps of a sword, that the hero can jump out of the way of.

Im pretty new and I dont know if that could be made balanced, but its neat.
>>
>>46331468
You'll have to ask my girlfriend, op.
>>
>>46331840
You could set up a hold-out, where the party has to wait few rounds till reinforcments arrive, or lure the beast to traps or structures, where a timed ambush can take it down maybe. Or use the clockwork monster to battle it out for you, and roll getting shitfaced and betting.
>>
>>46331468
I segment it into smaller pieces as the size of the monster increases I once ran a game I call godkiller and the final boss was the fingertip of the God of gods
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.