[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5e question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 11
My DM won't let any of the Warlock's Eldridge invocations stack with one another of feats. For example I can't use spaell sniper feat + Eldridge spear. He has also ruled if I use a single invocation on my Eldridge blast I don't get multiple rays from it. Can you guys help me prove him wrong? Also pics of Warlock's I guess...
>>
File: 1435561738055.jpg (481 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
1435561738055.jpg
481 KB, 1024x1536
Sometimes, not often, I wish people would stop posting pictures they found on facebook. It is a shitty source.
>>
File: Fantasy__039335_.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy__039335_.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Warlock_RS_Fortune_Cookie.png (844 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Warlock_RS_Fortune_Cookie.png
844 KB, 1280x720
>>
First, your spelling and grammar is atrocious.

Second, what he's ruling is not supported by the Rules As Written.

Third, he's the DM, so rule 0 applies. If he feels that EB-spam is throwing off the balance of his game, it's entirely within his purview to alter the rules about it. Have a conversation with him about it, ask him why he's limiting it.
>>
File: 131_zpsbaa0ed38.jpg (117 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
131_zpsbaa0ed38.jpg
117 KB, 600x750
>>
File: lord-ultron.png (350 KB, 673x361) Image search: [Google]
lord-ultron.png
350 KB, 673x361
Can you tell me where in the books it says he DO stack.
>>
>>46328325
No Invocations even mention the number of rays Eldritch Blast produces. The number of blasts is how EB scales (where other cantrips add extra damage as your character levels - Firebolt starts out at 1d10, then rises to 2d10 at level 5 and 3d10 at level 11, for example - EB adds more attacks instead) in the same way that Magic Missile does. Invocations don't affect it, nothing says they would or should.

Spell Sniper and Eldritch Spear could actually be up for debate. Spell sniper lets you double the range, but Eldritch Spear sets the range to 300ft. Depending which one you apply first, that could either be:
>Eldritch Blast, range 120ft
>Spell Sniper doubles it to 240ft
>Eldritch Spear changes it to 300ft.

or:
>Eldritch Blast, range 120ft
>Eldritch Spear changes it to 300ft
>Spell Sniper doubles it to 600ft.
>>
>>
>>46328506

I'm having difficulty seeing how a 600 ft. Eldritch Blast really breaks the game, or why you would want it. How often are you attacking things that far away?
>>
>>46328896
>How often are you attacking things that far away?
This. Not to mention that virtually nothing else in the game has that range, so a problem that can ONLY be solved with tricked-out EB like that is more or less going to have to be some kind of ballista or something.

Which is an ASSHOLE thing to throw towards your players without cover.

>>46327851
>My DM won't let any of the Warlock's Eldridge invocations stack with one another of feats. For example I can't use spaell sniper feat + Eldridge spear. He has also ruled if I use a single invocation on my Eldridge blast I don't get multiple rays from it. Can you guys help me prove him wrong? Also pics of Warlock's I guess...
He's wrong.
>>
>>46329046
OP probably short-circuited a challenge by sniping his guards or something.
>>
>>46327851
Rule 0
>>
>>
>>46329089
>OP probably short-circuited a challenge by sniping his guards or something.
Eeeh. Direct damage shit is just about the simplest thing to plug up. Ever. I bet the party still has a Wizard or such in the party, and while 5E is better about utility the Wizard spell list is still pretty bananas in terms of utility.
>>
File: Guide-to-elves.jpg (21 KB, 460x335) Image search: [Google]
Guide-to-elves.jpg
21 KB, 460x335
>>
>>46329387
Yeah, but direct damage from 600' away is something that a DM might not have thought of, and would rather just make go away than have to figure out solutions to.
>>
>>46329369
I'm not fucking reading that
>>
>>46327851
>invocations stacking with eldritch blast makes there only be one beam
Explain to him how cantrips work, like show him the way cantrips advance and how eldritch blast gets more Beams to be like fire bolt with more d10s per tier.
Also bring up how if you can't get multiple Beams with Cha mod added then you're going to suck really bad

If he doesn't let you do that, reroll another character because you're doomed to suck otherwise, or just use greenfire blade and multiclass into sorcerer and kill everything to death
>>
>>46329696
You can't anyways, it's a thumbnail.
>>
>>46329696
tl;dr freiza a homo.
>>
>>46327851
Ditch your DM if his game is so shit it falls apart when you apply RAW.

Or discuss it with him like an adult, I'm not your boss.
>>
>>46329618
>Yeah, but direct damage from 600' away is something that a DM might not have thought of, and would rather just make go away than have to figure out solutions to.
Yeah, I guess. Still kind of a kneejerk reaction.
>>
File: 20140207041329a0dpc7r9fal0j7sn.jpg (258 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
20140207041329a0dpc7r9fal0j7sn.jpg
258 KB, 640x427
>>
Frieza is a decent warlock
>>
600 americlap shoes is like 200 metres in proper units which isn't all that much.

I don't see the issue.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.