[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tell people to make regular adventurer characters for a quick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 71SyXrNAa2L._SL1500_.jpg (156 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71SyXrNAa2L._SL1500_.jpg
156 KB, 1500x1500
>tell people to make regular adventurer characters for a quick game
>start game
>suddenly reveal that they're all highly advanced miniature robot toys of characters from a big fantasy franchise complete with TV show and other coming media
>they have just been unwrapped as presents for a little girl's birthday
>however, she also got toys from their company's biggest competitor
>when the girl leaves they fight and destroy the other toys
>they love it and want to continue

So yeah, I want to run a game with the PCs as highly advanced toys who have to please and look after their owner, while at the same time looking after their corporate interests. Any suggestions?

How to design a world for miniature PCs? What should they be able to do at, say, school, the park, and so on? What places should there be?

also, logically, what would a world with AI tech this advanced be like?
>>
>>46303766
Miniature Shadowrun

They can't let it be known that they are programmed to destroy the other toys. They have to do that when their owners backs are turned.

Obviously, the abilities of the society in question are off the charts. Hover cars and other future tech wouldn't be out of place.
>>
>>46304079
The other toys are also programmed to fight them, and in the original idea their owner would be some engineering prodigy who liked to outfit them with better equipment. I want to keep it covert, but I;m not sure how.

For the sake of familliarity for my players, I want to make it mostly modern day-ish. Except that maybe highly advanced AI toys are used by almost everyone.
>>
>>46304166
As long as they don't have actual metal knives, most American toys can be pretty dangerous looking. You can probably impose size or weight limits to keep from getting too strong or deviating tok far from the basic design.
>>
File: Gorgonites.jpg (229 KB, 575x383) Image search: [Google]
Gorgonites.jpg
229 KB, 575x383
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>46304505
It's also some alternate universe where corporations are super powerful, so safety standards easily get shafted. It's meant to be a comedic setting more than anything.
>>
File: medabots.png (298 KB, 1000x731) Image search: [Google]
medabots.png
298 KB, 1000x731
>>46304079
>They can't let it be known that they are programmed to destroy the other toys. They have to do that when their owners backs are turned.
"It's a feature, not a bug"
>>
>>46303766
I remember owning one of these.
It wasn't as fun as it looked in the advert...
>>
MAID is designed for this.
>>
>>46303766
I had one of those when I was a kid! It was the shit. I think it's still sitting in my closet
That aside. That sounds like an awesome fucking game.
>>
>>46306602
Maid rpg?
>>
>>46303766
Medabots has already been mentioned, but also look at Zatchbell, Rozen Maiden and, especially, Angelic Layer. Gotchaforce does this concept as well, though that's /v/. Basically figure out if you want to go kooky or edgy, then death spiral off that.
>>
>>46303766
I have that robot.
>>
So, for a couple of toys, what should an ideal town be like?

Also, I'm not sure what their human owner should be like. A regular family is boring. Maybe lives with caretaker with parents who work away? Orphan and so very reliant on toys for company?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.