[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bout I slap your shit!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: BabyDragon-LCJW-EN-SR-1E.png (657 KB, 443x646) Image search: [Google]
BabyDragon-LCJW-EN-SR-1E.png
657 KB, 443x646
I've never played MTG before, I have however played YGO, which are two completely different games, I was wondering if Steam's Magic Duels is good or nah.

Has anyone played it?
>>
>>46295552
It's pretty good.

You get only fraction of the cards there are but it is great for casual play and learning the game.
I recommend trying it out, but don't expect very competitive play.
>>
>>46295552
>I've never played MTG before
>wondering if Steam's Magic Duels is good or nah.

It's an excellent way to learn the game and indeed why wizards made it.
Pick it up cheap and have fun.
>>
>>46296424
Magic Duels is free to play.
That's the main reason I recommend it.
Even farming the boosters is laughable easy compared to most other f2p TCCGs on steam.
>>
>>46295552
>I was wondering if Steam's Magic Duels is good or nah.
It's buggy shit. But it's a good way to learn Magic.
And Magic is good.
>>
>>46296578
And like two weeks ago they made it even easier
>>
>>46297665
How so? Do you just create a infinite combo deck and rinse the npc opponents for cash? I assume the ratio is 10 duels per pack.
>>
>>46297744
>>46297665
I am also interested
>>
>>46297665
>>46297744
>>46297947
I am triple interested. Did they allow for single player vs set difficulty and set deck CPU?
>>
>>46297947
>>46298068
>being this tryhard in something that's not the real deal
>>
Well Magic Duels is all about "Learn to play the game", just don't try to go competitive, shit is really danm different how you're suppoused to play in paper.
now since I have your attention have someone here played Spellweaver? is also on steam and I found it neat. the bad thing is that is in a "beta" state so this thing will not see new cards in the close future.
>>
>>46301505
I've played a bit of Spellweaver. It is OK. Probably the second most fun online TCG I've played with Pokemon TCGO being #1*.

Its release on Steam was its "official" release with its betas being exclusive to their website and honestly they've come a long way since the beta. Sure they are still working on card balance but that is what a good online TCG should do.

My only real complaints are the small community and the cheating AI. I once tried playing Friendly PvP games and ended up with the same opponent five times in a row over the course of 2 hours because apparently we were the only people on. And outside on easy the AI always seems have the perfect starting hand, are never shrine screwed and always happen to have the right counters.

*I played in the Beta of PTCGO and it was great. I left for a few months and when I came back they had official released and deleted all my progress and I got assmad and quit to never play again.
>>
>>46301907
Oh so the IA cheating is an actual thing. good to know. you know something they've seen to remove is a little advice that tells when most of the players are connected at least it helps to know when is the high traffic hour.

hey question they haven't announced anything about a 2nd set of cards? I mean they just had reciently the Pioneer tourney, so I can guess this time is perfect for them to announce something like an upcommming expansion, don't you think?

what kind of deck do you use?
I like to use a Wis+Rage deck that focus in hog energy in creatures like spectral Aurite or Fia, dragon daughter and make about +10 of damage in one single turn. the last day I got really damn luck and I got one of the heroes, I got the Rage one that can wipe the board for 5 mana and 2rage+anytrade and I just rape the living shit out of the nature decks and heavy token reliant decks.
>>
>>46302147
As someone who has being playing since the beta I'm still kind of scrub tier. I don't even have all the starters yet. I only have like an hour or so a week to play so getting new stuff is slow. Though I have being playing around with building a Wis/Rage deck as well partly because I heard it is an easy deck and partly because it plays like UR in Magic and I'm already familiar with that.

The only hero I've pulled was one of the Green ones. I don't play green and it was from my first pack months ago so I don't remember who it was.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.