[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever known someone to win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: McDonalds-Monopoly-2014.jpg (345 KB, 1055x659) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds-Monopoly-2014.jpg
345 KB, 1055x659
Have you ever known someone to win?
>>
>>46284667
A friend of mine won some ebooks or something.
>>
>>46284667
The only winning move is not to play.
>>
>>46284667
There was a big controversy here is Australia where people who worked for McDonalds were peeling off labels in the back and then giving them to friends when they came to buy food.
>>
>>46284667
you can't win unless you go all over the place for them

certain states/regions only get certain tickets
>>
>>46284667
Rode in a Viper won from McMonopoly back in the 90s in NY.
>>
>>46286244
So we should mail the spares to other states?
>>
>>46284667
No. It would require eating their food.
>>
>>46286511
'food'.
>>
>>46286302
you could, but it's pretty much useless

iirc they only print, like, a dozen of the stamps you need to win the big prizes
>>
>>46286511
It requires BUYING their stuff, not eating it.
Get it in a bag and give it to a homeless person.
>>
>>46284667
This question suddenly struck me as a hook of sorts for Unknown Army.

"No one is winning the McDonalds Monopoly Game".

"Is that good, or bad?"

For who, or what?"

That or some characters might have a clever plan to tamper with it but step on a bunch of toes because apparently it's the racket of some crazy hobo money wizard who stashes the loot he wins in the sewer.
>>
>>46286511
>>46286523

>Implying you don't continue to stuff your fat ass with their cheap swill
>>
>>46288694
Dunno how it works in the US, but here you can just send mail saying you want to participate, and they'll send you the stuff.
>>
>>46288951
Yeah, there's almost always a disclaimer of "Purchase not required for entry" or something along those lines. Which invariably means sending a self-addressed, pre-paid envelope to [address] and you'll get a single entry.
So the question becomes what's less expensive for you? The mail-in, or buying the food/drink/whatever?
>>
>>46284667
Worked at Mcdonalds at the end of the promotion, manager made me remove 1x0.5m box of L fry boxes worth of stickers, i looked at every one. Lots of free shit, not a single set completion.
>>
File: ztX3mMi.png (329 KB, 400x468) Image search: [Google]
ztX3mMi.png
329 KB, 400x468
>>46291054
One might assume that completing sets would require buying different types of products (ie orange is split up over burger, fries, and drinks).
>>
>>46284667
I know someone who won a minor prize once, a trip or something.
>>
>>46291054
Im of the opinion that they release a shit load of two of the properties, and then have the amount the want to give away scattered. So you wouldn't find the complete set maybe opening all the coupons at one restaurant.
>>
>>46284667
In Canada at least, you can occasionally get free fries.
>>
>>46291054
>>46291166
They probably release the stickers that complete the set at a different date.
>>
I knew a guy who won a PS2 years ago when they were still knew.
>>
>>46291166
That's not how they work. Every set is two commons and a rare. The rare is the only one that's difficult to find; if you got one you could just buy the commons on ebay or something for pennies. Certain meals have different chances of having a rare (Big Macs are more likely to have rares but they replace instant wins, large fries have a slightly lower chancer of rares but 4 chances instead of 2, etc). All the mechanics are known, it's not really a secret. Hell, McDonalds even publishes which rares are the winners each year.
>>
>>46291166
>>46291809
>>46292119
It's probably a combination of all three. Like, two of them are super-frequently found on drinks and burgers, but the "winning" property is shipped third-class freight, and will take for-fucking-ever to get to a store.

Like, I worked at a Tim Hortons during their Roll Up The Rim. Same idea, buy your coffee, see if you win a bbq or bike or car. We didn't see a thing, except free coffees and doughnuts.
>>
>>46284667
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_Monopoly
>>
File: son_of_a_bitch.jpg (54 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
son_of_a_bitch.jpg
54 KB, 640x360
>>46292237
I once got two yellow cards with a $10,000 reward but figured I'd never get the last one.
Two days later I go to McD's with a friend and he gets Marvin Gardens.

Imagine my rage when I realize we both could've had $5,000.
>pic related
>>
>>46293012
Don't know how that quote got there but ok
>>
>>46293012
See: >>46292192
Two of those pieces are worth less than the paper they're printed on. If he actually had the rare, he could have had the full $10,000. But this never happened so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>46290479
The mail. Stamps are cheaper than anything on the menu, even if you factor in the cost of the envelopes I guess.

Unless you're gonna count the time you waste addressing the envelopes, but then you might as well count the money you're gonna have to pay for the bypass surgery from eating the food and I think it works out in favor of sending off the letters.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.