[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did they ever release any /tg/-related Avatar stuff like a RPG,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Did they ever release any /tg/-related Avatar stuff like a RPG, cards or miniatures ?
>>
>>46278431

>That OC

Literally just AirBane's crony but as a GOOD GUY?!

To answer your question, OP, officially there is none. Most Avatar merch is a couple action figures, posters, and a bunch of sequel/interquel comics written by ambitious hacks eager to turn their fanfiction into canon.

I know there's a fanmade RPG. Someone also modified Pathfinder for it. My personal recommendation for Avatar campaigns is Fate.
>>
>>46278431

There was a TCG of the original series as part of the QuickStrike rules. Never really went anywhere, despite interesting game mechanics.
>>
>>46278431
>Shinobu

Jesus christ anon please
>>
>>46278637

That's the Avatar fandom for you. Basically the new generation of Sonicfags.
>>
>>46278637
Don't Water Tribe members have a specific naming convention ? I guess if she was born Republic City you could say that her parents don't care and embraced culture mixing entirely.
>>
>>46278546
>>46278431

Wait anon... this is dated

she didn't show up until what late 2013?
>>
File: you merely adopted the void.gif (2 MB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
you merely adopted the void.gif
2 MB, 299x240
>>46279117

2014, actually.
>>
>>46279156
Show ended in 2014... must of been early 2014?

But yeah that image is dated 2012
>>
>>46279156
>>46278546
My god this was an actually original character before water whip lady showed up.

I'm shocked
>>
>>46279188
I don't see the date but now we need to find other shitty OCs they ripped off.
>>
File: file.png (50 KB, 191x106) Image search: [Google]
file.png
50 KB, 191x106
>>46279275
http://illeity.deviantart.com/art/Shinobu-The-Armless-Waterbender-317907905
>>
>>46279188

Season 3 ended in late summer/early fall of 2014. Then they surprised us by giving us Season 4 a month later and the show ended before New Year's.

Also you and >>46279227 are right. That's genuinely surprising.

Must've made this person's day to see their shitty OC be turned into an actual canon character.

On that note, what the fuck is up with these fan characters and always being given stats with no context. What do these levels mean? How does she level up? Why are there apparently so many? What's the point of these stats? Why does she have video game abilities?
>>
>>46279074
Yeah. Water Tribe names tend to have a lot of K sounds. Kana, Katara, Sokka, Tonraq, Unalaq, Korra...It's the Fire Nation that have the more Japanese-sounding names, because they're an honor-obsessed island nation so of course they're Japan.
>>
There is a powered by he apocalypse game which had the serial numbers filed off because it became so hugely popular that the author decided to publish. I don't remember the name, it was Element World or something.

You can also create the same experience in Legends of the Wulin, if you want a more wuxia feel, but it would require shifting to the original five-element Chinese wheel or mucking about a bit with converting effects to four elements.

Or you can use Fate. Fate Core easily would do Avatar. I am currently in a game of Kill Six Billion Demons using Fate Core, and it does the whole superpowered martial arts thing quite well.

There's also always Do: Legends of the Flying Temple for light-hearted rules-light fun.

In a previous thread someone recommended Wushu but I have no experience with it at all.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.