[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KANT-O-CELLE QUEST: NOTHING LIKE MY JAPANESE ANIMES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 151
File: arizona2.png (110 KB, 787x1049) Image search: [Google]
arizona2.png
110 KB, 787x1049
You trudge after Arizona slowly, hoping to give yourself time to think of a good way to broach the topic of your blatant hypocrisy. Well, that's putting it lightly. The way a full Court Martial would put it is “royally fucked up,” and in almost as many words had you committed a blunder this massive in the course of your normal duties...

... which you *have,* all things told. You're supposed to enable her to do her job, and all you've done is hurt and upset her. You slow down a little more, mind spinning. You've spent your whole life inside of one formal, rigid context - superior and subordinate, duty and execution thereof. You've always known what was expected of you in any situation, and striven to achieve it.

But now things have gotten *twisted,* and you don't know how to set them right again. Hate was right - there ARE fraternization regs for a reason. You thump the heel of your hand against your forehead with a sigh and look up to find an empty hallway - no big surprise, because you're standing still.

You do know which room his hers, though - it's on this floor. You count down room numbers till you find it, then pause outside, studying the cheap brass numbers nailed to the outside. You raise your fist to knock, an excuse forming in your head...

... and then dissipating again. Your hand drops to your side again. This... this, you can't do. You haven't even heard how the battle ended yet, aside from the bare-bones bottom line (we won, they lost, no damaged ships sunk, etc.) You have work to do - the least of which is call base IT to take a goddamned axe to a hard-line somewhere - and no time to stand around bearding the battleship in her ha- bad analogy.
>>
File: admiral shiro.png (47 KB, 172x235) Image search: [Google]
admiral shiro.png
47 KB, 172x235
Leaning on your cane heavily, you struggle to summon the werewithal to just knock... and finally surrender with a sigh, pivoting on your cane to leave. You swing your foot into the first step -

- and discover that it seems loath to land, just hovering in air. Investigation reveals this to be linked to your shirtcollar, which seems to have arrested your forward progress by your throat. A second later it twirls you about on your heel, putting you face-to-face with -

“Arizona,” you say brightly. “Hello.”

She leans against the doorframe with crossed arms, lidded eyes slicing through you.

“I.” Yeah. You. Good start. “I came here.” You most certainly did. Empirical facts, can't go wrong with those. “To-” apologize talk discuss ask - “I just wanted to - uh.”

Arizona backs into her room slowly, beckoning you forward like one might tempt a stray dog. You enter timidly, feeling like the biggest goddamned fool in the world. Once, you commanded a United States Navy warship, and now *they* command *you.*
>>
>>46277895
you cock-tease
>>
File: IT'S TOO LATE.jpg (8 KB, 142x126) Image search: [Google]
IT'S TOO LATE.jpg
8 KB, 142x126
Maybe you're simply going insane. Maybe you *are* insane, a chunk of Higgins still stuck in your skull as you lie gibbering in a rubber room somewhere.

Arizona leads you into a small apartment that looks somewhat similar to your own, just a bit smaller. Leading you into the miniscule kitchenette, she points at a chair before retrieving two plain white mugs and filling them from a cheap coffee maker off to one side. She holds up a box of sugar cubes and rattles it as an interrogative.

“Black, thanks.”

Setting the mug down in front of you (complete with saucer, you note,) she plonks her own down before pulling a seat out for herself.

Then she proceeds to stare you down across the table, expression even more blank than usual.

[ ] Apologize. You made a horrible mistake, no two ways about it - but you intend to erase that mistake.
[ ] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.
[ ] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?
>>
>>46277942
>[ ] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.
...Well then. This isn't what I came here to say, but now that it's available, I can't NOT say it.
>>
>>46277942
>[x] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.
>>
>>46277942
>[ ] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?
>>
What did we do...
>>
>>46277942
>[ ] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.

The expository prospects are too tempting
>>
>>46277942

we shouldn't be apologizing do we?
>>
>>46277942
>[ ] Apologize. You made a horrible mistake, no two ways about it - but you intend to erase that mistake.
>>
>[ ] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?

Right, let it rip.
>>
File: Move bitch get outta way~.jpg (128 KB, 272x992) Image search: [Google]
Move bitch get outta way~.jpg
128 KB, 272x992
>>46277942
Hello, darkness, my old friend.
>>
>>46277942
>[ ] Apologize. You made a horrible mistake, no two ways about it - but you intend to erase that mistake.
>>
File: 1454727458572.png (641 KB, 709x1001) Image search: [Google]
1454727458572.png
641 KB, 709x1001
Shigure abyssalificiation when?
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46277942

Settle's mistake was thinking everything was about him. There's a time to open up and lay out his own traumas, but this isn't it. It's time for Arizona to make her thoughts known instead.
>>
>>46277942
>[ ] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO
>>
[ ] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?
>>
>[X] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?
>>
JUST FUCK ALREADY FOR GODSSAKES
>>
File: Opposite_801049_648984.jpg (67 KB, 602x403) Image search: [Google]
Opposite_801049_648984.jpg
67 KB, 602x403
>>46277942
>[x] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46277942
I want to say "DO ALL THREE GODDAMMIT!", but I know that's not how this works and would see planefag hunt me down and unleash imouto on me.
>>
>>46277942
>>
>[X] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?

Take it like a man anon.
>>
>>46277942
>[X] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.

We going full mindfuck emotional shit tonight boys/girls/foxes/fairies/whatever the fuck you identify as.
>>
>>46277942
[x] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46277942
>[x] Apologize. You made a horrible mistake, no two ways about it - but you intend to erase that mistake.

might as well cut to the chase
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46277942

>[x ] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?

We dun goofed, she can talk, then we can, if we aren't to busy BBoning.
>>
>>46278035
Never.
>>
File: amphibious assault upgrade GET.png (682 KB, 812x924) Image search: [Google]
amphibious assault upgrade GET.png
682 KB, 812x924
>>46278089
>whatever the fuck you identify as
Fairy tankers on a sentient fairy tank?
>>
>[X] Apologize. You made a horrible mistake, no two ways about it - but you intend to erase that mistake.

Let her say her piece, then apologize for being a shithead.
>>
>>46277942
And apologize.
>>
>>46277942
>[x] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.
This option intrigues me.
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46278124
Sure why not, must be a hell of a case of split personality
>>
>>46277942
>>
File: 1250656694661.jpg (76 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1250656694661.jpg
76 KB, 800x600
Reposting in this thread:
>>46277811
Not wanting a modernized M1 disappoints me greatly, blama.
>>
>>46277942
>[M] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.
>>
File: uuNoRRO.png (29 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
uuNoRRO.png
29 KB, 1000x700
>>46277993
Tan is wrong.
>>
>>46277942
>[X] Apologize. You made a horrible mistake, no two ways about it - but you intend to erase that mistake.

>>46277996
>Ahri
>Arizona is now a kumiho
>>
>>
How is the XO related to what we did to Ari?
>>
>>46277895

I've been curious about this whole thing with his XO for awhile now.

I HAVE to vote for this.
>>
File: choo choo creepy.jpg (11 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
choo choo creepy.jpg
11 KB, 266x400
http://erasemistake.ytmnd.com/
>>
>>46277942
>opposite day
>>
File: Ghosts of the Northern Ocean.jpg (93 KB, 522x520) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts of the Northern Ocean.jpg
93 KB, 522x520
>>46278151
At least I don't have quad personality syndrome.
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46278185
He's the core of our survivor's guilt/martyr complex
>>
>>46278185
Nothing about Arizona in particular, but the XO is both a part of, and representation of the amount of stress and PTSD settle is undergoing

Plus some spooky ship shit too
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46277993
...Bitch, now I have to do her too.

>not a heavy carrier
>just a standard carrier
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46278212
>>46278222
PTSD does not excuse a man from being a bad admiral though.
>>
>>46277942
>[ ] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO
>>
>>46278198
eh?
>>
>>46278206
...still miss Chopper...
>>
>>46277942
>[x] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?

This all the way
>>
File: Chakri_Naruebet_2001.jpg (754 KB, 2244x1500) Image search: [Google]
Chakri_Naruebet_2001.jpg
754 KB, 2244x1500
>>46277942

After much thought, this is the best vote.
>>
>>46277184
Bulpup G3
>>
>>46277993
>left Essex alone with a livestream with millions watching
I am sure Settle's email inbox is filling up with with emails from his boss with subject lines like
>"Unauthorized PR live streaming"
>"what the hell are you doing?"
>"holy fuck stop this"
>"WHY THE FUCK ARE LEAVING HER ALONE!"
>"Oh god shes not stopping"
>"Your ass. My office. NOW"
>>
File: 1413599290465.jpg (92 KB, 373x500) Image search: [Google]
1413599290465.jpg
92 KB, 373x500
>>46277942
Why me? He should have lived. He did so much more, and he died, and I didn't. Why?
>>
>>46277942
>>
File: 1431985132269.gif (2 MB, 220x190) Image search: [Google]
1431985132269.gif
2 MB, 220x190
>>46277942
You know honestly ALL THREE (YOU HEARD ME DEME) of these options over the course of a long conversation would be the best.
>>
>>46277942
[x] Apologize

The conversation will not go anywhere if you don't start with the apology.

Anything else can be easily misconstrued as an excuse or an attempt to dodge responsibility.

So start with sorry, and go from there.
>>
File: hUm98ZR.gif (1 MB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
hUm98ZR.gif
1 MB, 300x223
>>46277942
[ ] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.

Embrace the Spoopy plot advancement.
>>
>>46278264
>I don't care if you're on the other side of the god damn ocean!
>>
>>46278035
Never.

Naka's cured her of it. And so has Jacob, her Battle-Buddy Marine. And same with Goto.

She's never going to turn Abyssal. Not while they're s̤̖̝ͩt̞̻̙͎ͨ̉̂i̩͚͒̓ͫ͛ͭ̀ͅḻͬ̎͗̾͑̇l̻ͤ̌͂ͩͫ͊̀ ͚͉̼̤̫̪̒ͪ̈́͋̓̚a͕̩̤͉̤l̙ͫ̽͋͐ͣ̚i̙̦͔̔̾v̠̳̹̝̺̞̐e̼͔̎ͅ.̆͐͛͐.
>>
>>46277942
>>[X] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.

The Dark calls, tonight.
>>
I am a bit disconcerted, Tatsuta is DYING and life on base sorta just goes on...
>>
>>46278243
Well yes. It's not an excuse, but it's still a reason
>>
>>46278243
Fuck yes it can if it's severe enough

>>46278255
YOu want to eat your cake too, don't you?
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46277942

>Afterwards apologize for dumping on her, but it's so easy to to to be open with her. Now there are some fences to be mended and we owe her a favor now don't we?
>>
>>46278288
What writeup was Jacob in?
>>
>>46278278
These are mutually exculsive options, especially >[X] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?
>>
>>46278290

We haven't all fucking forgotten about her. Other shit comes up and there's only so much good you can fucking do, sitting there and yelling at motherfuckers to take care of them.
>>
File: despair but also erection.png (20 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
despair but also erection.png
20 KB, 235x235
>>46278162
I am torn.
>>
>>46278198
>http://erasemistake.ytmnd.com/
Ah. So it seems that the choice made was... interesting.
>>
>>46278264
>implying that CINCPAC didn't order for the connection to be cut the moment Essex showed up.
>>
>>46278290
War is kind of fucked up, yeah.
>>
>>46277942
>>[ ] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?

One of the most important skills in government service, especially in the uniformed services, is telling the difference between a conversation and an ass chewing. This is the latter – and we deserve it.
>>
>>46278290
>I am a bit disconcerted, Tatsuta is DYING and life on base sorta just goes on...

AFAIK, she's in critical but stable-ish.
>>
>>46278166
Eh, I just grabbed the first version of the crazy carrier I came across. Turns out, there was a tan.
>>46278235
Never called her a heavy carrier, just part of the near apex predator class of carrier that were the Essex class.
>>46278264
Hilarious, isn't it.
>>
>>46278172
wrong post fuck
>>46277426
this is what I meant
>>
File: 1455676497355.jpg (15 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1455676497355.jpg
15 KB, 466x349
>Settle will never impregnate Arizona and give her lots of little battleships to love
>>
>>46278288
>>46278303
Did they actually give that boot marine sentry a name? I don't remember PF naming him during the Shigure brig incident.
>>
File: nerf or nuffin.jpg (82 KB, 1500x451) Image search: [Google]
nerf or nuffin.jpg
82 KB, 1500x451
>>46278162
That looks like a fucking NERF gun
>>
>>46278288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI
?
>>
>>46278162
Is that a thing, or am I just looking at an M14?
>>
Time to enjoy the salt straight from the mines.

Good luck, anons.
>>
>>46277942

Apologizing right now would just feel too hollow. We've promised her in the past and then broken the promises.

And a little exposition is always a good thing. We just don't want to come across like a cheap "pity me" schtick.
>>
>>46278354
A True Russian in that picture.

>>46278355
SenatorNano did in his last write-up.
>>
VOTES CALLED
>>
File: 1198308151508.jpg (112 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1198308151508.jpg
112 KB, 640x800
>>46278198
nah mate. you hype it up then throw a softball every time.
>>
>>46277942
>[ x] May as well take Opposite Day all the way - you're here for your ass-chewing, so you'll take it like a man. It's *her* turn to talk a bit, isn't it?
>>
>>46278290
Yeah, and Settle and Co ain't Medical, or repair. She's in good hands I'm sure, even if they are Navy hands.

Captcha is oceans.
>>
>>46278264
Oh, yes... the shitstorm, it blows.
>>46278303
Most recent Soaring Crane update.
>>46278322
Maybe.
Or maybe RFV has hijacked the feed and are keeping it running...
>>
>>46277895

[x] Tell her what you've never told anyone else before; the real reason behind your mistake. The man who's name you cannot even recall. Your XO.
>>
>>46278393
>>46278397
Deme, you have been challenged.

It's Time.

Deploy V2 and reset everything to "Zero".
>>
>>46278393
Need *Help* counting again?
>>
>>46277942
>>
>>46278434

ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR DETECTED

REPORT TO RE-EDUCATION CAMP COMRADE
>>
>>46278257
shame that's just a render, but excellent taste.
>>
>>46278423
>>46278383
Interrogative, is that printup canon, over?
>>
File: Wew-lad.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Wew-lad.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>46278452
>>
>>46278452
Well you did admit to being a dirty politician just a few minutes ago so...
>>
File: ntr face.jpg (61 KB, 551x600) Image search: [Google]
ntr face.jpg
61 KB, 551x600
>>46278339
>Turns out, there was a tan.
Still wrong.
>>
>>46278470
Sorta, kinda, not really?
>>
>>46278339
>Never called her a heavy carrier, just part of the near apex predator class of carrier that were the Essex class.

Meant what she'll be 'patterned onto'. I ain't giving her a CVH by herself. A CV is far more appreciable.

Plus I can do fun stuff with the name. CV-9, eh? That would make her one of the first ships built...
>>
>>46278475
I have no idea what that's from, but i think i saw 2hus.
>>
>>46278470
I didn't read it, so not for me
>>
>>46278452
Honestly, anon just wants both Arizona and Settle to get their feelings acknowledged.
>>
>>46278370
>>46278357

This is the anon who drives for a living. That image is from some reddit shit Google pointed me towards, but it looks similar to a M1 advertised by a group that sells 'em just north of Mont eagle in Tenn. I drive by it sometimes.
>>
File: Dancing Reimu.gif (182 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Reimu.gif
182 KB, 190x190
>>46278475
That Sukuna is adorable.
>>
>>46278507
Yeah it's 2hu
>>
>>46278452
Technically that was an (albeit sarcastic) invitation, which makes it social behavior ... you also put a hyphen in a word where it doesn't belong. Perhaps Comrade Planefag needs a bit of reeducation himself.

...sorry, I was bored and had a suddenly and unexplainable urge to be a grammar Nazi.
>>
>>46278544
FASCISM DETECTED.
>>
>>46278470
Not my place.
>>46278452
PLANEFAG SOMEBODY INQUIRES ABOUT CANON STATUS OF THE LATEST WRITEUP OF SENATOR NANO
>>
>>46278485
And look who doesn't give a fuck either way.
>>46278502
Eh, whatever. You want to do your own go for it, want to just throw things at me to tack on that's fine too I guess.
>>
>>46278564
Deal with that shit after the thread is done for the night.
>>
File: 4ed26e771d.png (66 KB, 438x400) Image search: [Google]
4ed26e771d.png
66 KB, 438x400
>>46278564
The default answer is 'whatever'.
Since you're drawing attention to it, the answer is now 'did it upset people?' If so, its status moves to 'dickflirtingly teasing that it is because planefag is actually a fucking softy who doesn't like seeing his friends get their work insulted'
>>
>>46277993
>fluffy hair
>this is extremely important
>>
Wow, a KoCQ thread hasn't reached the bump limit in ten minutes, is that a record or something?
>>
>>46278581
>Eh, whatever. You want to do your own go for it, want to just throw things at me to tack on that's fine too I guess.

Thanks, sah.

It will take some time for the model to be ready - I'm still fuckin' stuck on the Aoba + Kinugasa CA.
And I still need to unfuck the goddamn design of the CV model in question.
>>
>>46278651
Less upset people, more "conflicts with previously established main thread canon". Thus people are confused as how to take it's canonicity.

The write-ups as stand alones aren't bad, far from it. But in the context of the larger KCQ EU/side stories, it has some serious continuity issues.
>>
>>46278655
Bam.
>>46278725
Meh, it doesn't make too much difference to me either way.
>>
What does scrapping mean in this quest?
>>
I'm really fucking tired, but I have a writeup. People want to see it before I go to bed?
>>
>>46278773
>veriy

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>46278808
Shipgirl dies.
>>
>>46278819
yep
>>
>>46278808

Nothing, because it has never come up.
>>
>>46278819
Planefag hasn't called it yet
>>
>>46278819
Sure
>>
>>46278819
Lay it on us, or entrust the link to someone else
>>
File: yamato loli.jpg (100 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
yamato loli.jpg
100 KB, 700x700
>>46278808
Killing the ship girl. AFAIK that has never happened.

>>46278819
Yes
>>
>>46278808
Has never come up and very likely will never come up, because all ships are needed right now.
>>
>>46278819
post to pastebin, then post link?
>>46278808
Hasn't come up. Essex' ship-form was scrapped a long time ago, during OTL.
It's part of the reason why she's a memeboat now, because it fucked her character development and reset her back to factory default.
>>
>>46278858
Oh, that's is the cutest little Yamato.
>>
>>46278861
We might end up scrapping Tatsuta if we fuck up on the overhaul.
>>
>>46278880
Now picture her giggling and saying oink oink at a tv while playing Destiny.
>>
>>46278773
I see you gave Essex a noticeable camel toe there.
>>
>>46278773
>veriy
One Job, anon, one job
>>
Was reading up on some WW II admirals - some of them were very impressive. Olympian sharp shooting medal record holder and knows more about radar than even the radar operator themselves? How did these guys get passed over and people like Halsey or MacArthur ended up in command?
>>
File: 1442702375655.png (478 KB, 600x879) Image search: [Google]
1442702375655.png
478 KB, 600x879
>>46278858
Shipgirl lolies are fine too.
>>
>>46278902
... So this is Type 2 diabetes, huh?
>>
>>46278902
the division, last i checked destiny doesn't have m60s
>>
>>46278837
'Kay

http://pastebin.com/M41MzpjJ
>>
>>46278933
They're basically the same thing from what I've heard
>>
>>46278916
Politics are fickle.
>>
>>46278916
In macarthur's case, he was good at office politics. Also his mommy helped him out early on in his career.

Pity he was never actually a good General.
>>
>>46278916
Records don't do jack if you aren't aggressive enough on the battlefield.
>>
>>46278896
Assuming there is an overhaul.
>>
>>46278828>>46278912
Oh, I didn't notice from how little I cared and how no spell check GIMP has. And now it's just crying in a corner making his leather wet. Hope the zippers don't start to rust.
>>46278911
Too many things, too little time and space.
>>
>>46278370
That's a SA M1A SOCOM variant. The Archangel stock it's pictured with is actually pretty nice.
>>
>>46278970
Well Lee did win the only BB on BB fight in the entire pacific war.
>>
>>46278956
true, one has zombies, and one has space zombies
>>
File: shimakaze turrets.jpg (181 KB, 850x601) Image search: [Google]
shimakaze turrets.jpg
181 KB, 850x601
>>46278945
Haha this fucking girl.
>>
>>46279000
You mean in the Southern Philippines?
>>
>>46279020
>Awaken my Turrets.jpg
>>
>>46279023
BB Div 6. The one where Washington sneak attacked Kirishima and SODAK did absolutely nothing useful. And lost all 4 of his DDs. But still was the turning point in the war.
>>
>>46278916

W̷̷̢͖̝͖̮͍̘̞͕̜͕̻̊ͫ̀ͪ̈́͐̀̉͢͝h̍ͧͩ́̓́ͦ̚҉̧̡̗͙̺͈͡͠ȁ͒̾͒̈́͏҉̸̟̻͍̠̯̼̫͓͙͎͍̜͕͚͔͙́t̸̷̡̔ͯͧ͌̓̿̿͆̾̅ͯ͋̓ͦ̓́͏͉̜̼͙̤͎̬̪̫͙̬̙̣͎̤̳̝̩ ̴̨̧͈̙̻̬̣̗̳̹̩͈͋̑̊ͥ̽ͣ̅ͦͅd̴̵̳͍̰̣́ͥ͛ͩ̆ͯ͑i̶͖̣̲̙ͯ̍̃͑̑̉͊͛ͮ̂̽͗̀̚͘͟͢d̶̡̬̣̣̥̞̗̍̏̾̋̓͛̿̽̌̂͊̾́̚ ̠͓̦̰͈͇̮͌ͬͫͥ̊̔̿͊́̑̌ͪ̄͢y̸̵̢͖͉̝͕̥̳̱̠̭̥̥̟̮̘͇̭ͦ̄͌ͥ̑̀͜͡o̶̡̩̰̲͈͇̳͍̭̠͔̹͚ͦ̔̋̉̊̎̐̃̽̾ͮ̄̽̈͒̚ữ̴ͧ̾͏̲̟͖̩͟ ̷̟̦̱̤̯͛̀͋̋̅̓͘s̡̨̞̮̜̯̝͙̻̀̓̀͂̉̃ͣͫ͑̏͑̌ͧ͌̋̚̚a͋͆ͧͧ̑ͣ̊̑̊̈́̒̍ͥ͑ͬ̚҉̗̮͍̪̭̲̼͉̺̲̠̲y̧̢̮̱̼̰̲͙͔͙͙͍̅̐ͥͮ̒̃̚̕͝ ́ͥ̀ͮ͌͐ͩ̑̑҉̴͖̣͇̠̞̙͕̱̬͕̥̥ͅa̵̧̦̩̬̗̫͔̦͓̝̰͔͎͉̼̣͖̐͆͊̏́ͧͨͧ̅̀͡͝ͅb̶̅ͨͭ̐͌̀͋́͏͎̖͎͔͎̲̠̤͖͍̞͕o̵̻̤̬͕̭̜͖̼̼͔̻̬̻̬͍̦̖͉͈̐͋̓ͯ͌̂̍̊ͨ̀͡͝u̵̢̧̱̘̺̪̟̩̖͖̯̟̜͙͑ͦ̑̌̿̆̽ͦ̚͢͠t̶̫̜̦̹͈͓̫̯͕̤̬͋̃͋̍̆ͪ̌̇̉͟͜͠͞ ̛̛̙͙̻͇̖̲̩̲̮͎̭̲͓̝ͪ͂̽̅̅͌͑ͨͫͯͫͬ̔͑̉ͮ̈́ͬ̕͞͞m̺̭̱̤̼̞͈͖̺͔̗̙͛̅ͫͨ͛ͭ͆͊̓ͭ̿ͥͪ̌́͜y̵̸̟͔̼̦̳̣͖̅̽͗ͮ͛̾͞ ̧͕͔̳̥͙̰̙̱͔̙̮̼̘̋͛̄ͭ̅̚͜a̸̛͕͉͕̺̜ͣ̓͑͑́̓ͮͯ͐̽ͪ̀ͬͭͬͯͯ͟͡d͎̙̜̮̳̳̳̜̝̠̳͈͔̫͓̗̂̇͗ͨ͒͆̓ͬͯ̎̏ͣ̎̊ͬͣ̈͘̕m̦͖̮͉͙̤̤͎͕ͬ͐ͯ̎̈́͆ͣ̈́͑́͢͡i̢͚̥͈̻̦̼̯͕̫͍̙ͪ͊ͯ̒̄͛́ͩ͘͝ͅr̶̖̰̟͖͙̼͍͍̤̮͈̠͓̫̙̬̿̍ͣ͑̈̍͆ͮ͡a̴̢̢͈͚͔͚̪͕̮̖̹̹̠͚͋̑ͭͧͩ̏ͥ͂ͥͭ͌̚̚͢lͫ̌̋ͧ̂͏̛͍̤̩̖̳͔̤͎̩̘̀͢͞?̵̨̞̩̥̺͒̄͛̏ͪ̚͠
>>
>>46279023
That was the second BB on BB fight. But Lee was the only one to one on one fight a BB and win.

>>46279081
New Jersey? The world wonders.
>>
>>46279081
HALSEY A SHIT
>>
>>46279072
Wasn't that a BB on CC fight? Not a BB on BB fight?

So you must have been talking about the time Yamishiro ran into a line of upgraded standards and sank before Pennsylvania could get a shot off.
>>
>>46279072
>the turning point in the war.
>not Midway, not Guadalcanal, not even the fucking Marianas
>>
>>46279123
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Kirishima

Kirishima was a BB.
>>
File: amatsukaze 3.jpg (716 KB, 752x1062) Image search: [Google]
amatsukaze 3.jpg
716 KB, 752x1062
>>46278945
I love it.

I love everything except you trying to make Amatsukaze not wearing her normal outfit canon.
>>
>>46279099
>That was the second BB on BB fight.
>>46279000
>only
One of these statements is not like the other. One of these statements doesn't belong.
>>
>>46278858

Fuck sake that's cute.

I'mma print off a copy and see what the fuck she says. She might squee. She does that shit with cute shit.
>>
>>46279135
Sorry, I suck cocks.

Yes, she was a BC.

>>46279134
But that was Gudualcanal?
>>
>>46279152
I'd ask you to record her reaction, but I'm satisfied imagining it.
>>
>>46279123

More like Yamashiro got shot up by a bunch of uprgraded standards, got shot up and retreated, finally being opening up like a tin can by torpedoes from destroyers.
>>
File: SmilinIowa.jpg (35 KB, 640x363) Image search: [Google]
SmilinIowa.jpg
35 KB, 640x363
>>46279099
>New Jersey? The world wonders.
Hey, no bully the Jersey. Just look at the siblings she has to put up with! Pic related.
>>
>>46279152
Dammit marine the gloryhole in the fourth wall can only take so much
>>
>>46279143
There were 2 BB on BB engagements during the pacific war: the second battle of Guadalcanal and the battle of the Surigao Strait.
>>
>>46278945
well done, again
>>
>>46279210
One of them was an one on one brawl. The other was a dog pile with DDs, BBs, and everything in between raping the BB.
>>
File: central.jpg (173 KB, 579x482) Image search: [Google]
central.jpg
173 KB, 579x482
How far are we from averting Arizona's bad end? Pic related.
>>
>>46279196
Someone kinda made up scenario where Lee and Kurita faced off at Leyte Gulf.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/task_force_34.htm

Results are a little shaky but whatever.
>>
>>46279238
We're actually accelerating it.
>>
File: continue_the_joke.jpg (105 KB, 638x380) Image search: [Google]
continue_the_joke.jpg
105 KB, 638x380
You dodge her gaze, choosing to study the faint wisps of steam rising from your mug.

There's really only one way to go about this.

“I...”
No.

“There's something I've never told anyone before-”

Better -

“And...” and if you say it now, you effectively abdicate your lifelong duty by admitting you're *broken.*

... well, there it is, isn't it?

You *are.*

What the hell happened to Ryan Settle, Commander, USN? LA happened. Higgins happened. Your XO happened.

Death happened.

Now what are you, but a raving god-damned lunatic? Lunatics are tolerated in war; as long as they get results. And you've lucked out a few times. But now you're already failing; getting duct-taped to a damned table after you crack under the strain of contact with alien minds malicious. Now here you are, about to fling yourself on the subordinate who's supposed to look to you as a pillar of support. This is no mere abdication of duty - it's downright treasonous.

She waits patiently as you quietly deflate before her, staring into your mug.
>>
>>46279183
>opening up like a tin can by torpedoes from destroyers.
That was Fusou, not her sister, despite what Shigure might say. Side note, the Destroyer who got the kill is Melvin.

Which reminds me, Melvin when?

>>46279210
This argument started when anon claimed their was only one battle. This generally implies that they either don't consider the Kongos to be battleship (reasonable) or they didn't know Surigao Strait happened (unreasonable).
>>
File: Do NOT let Miko be a QM.png (495 KB, 428x1170) Image search: [Google]
Do NOT let Miko be a QM.png
495 KB, 428x1170
>>46279238
Oh my sweet summer child.
>>
File: hate on water.jpg (227 KB, 1360x894) Image search: [Google]
hate on water.jpg
227 KB, 1360x894
She raps on the table sharply.

“Ah - just - I, I need time-” She cuts you off with a sharp shake of her head. First, she points at you; then makes a talking motion with her hand.

You blink. “Yes, I want to talk to you, I just-”

Slashing hand, for silence. Her hands come up to her head and grab invisible hair-buns, turning them this way and that like radio dials, before she does that V-shaped wink again -

“Naka.” She nods. “What about her?” Points at you. Talking. Bumps her chest with her thumb - the talking motion again.

Realization is a cold trickle of icewater down your spine. “She did NOT-”

Headshake. Her forefingers trace a thin line down her jaw and over her upper lip while one hand pulls down to stroke an invisible goatee. Then she grimaces, and shakes her arm as if trying to remove Ko-

“Goto.” A nod. The talking motion again. Next she smooths her hands down her chest, following the contours of a nonexistent bust massively superior to her own. She follows this with a huge smile and wide-eyed exuberance, bouncing up in her chair a bit while flipping an invisible ponytail over one shoulder. “And Yamato. Goto and Yamato.” A nod. The talking hands, again. Pointing. “They talked about me?”

She waggles her hand - kinda-sorta. Then she hunches over the table, arms crossed, eyes as wide and wild as she can manage, scowling at everything in Creation from beneath beetled brows.

“Hate.”
>>
>>46279315

Yamashiro was torpedoed and sunk too. http://www.combinedfleet.com/atully06.htm

Same guy who wrote Shattered Sword.
>>
>>46278945
You write well and your story's fun and cute. You're great.
>>
File: lee realization.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
lee realization.gif
2 MB, 300x168
Now she gesticulates wildly, pointing at you and stomping her feet.

“Argument. You'll have to be a lot more specific than-”

She pokes the mug, taps the saucer, points at the fridge, makes a quick fork-to-mouth motion with her hands oh *shit* she “-heard about that.”

A nod.

“Yeah, we... had a falling out.”

She whooshes a hand over her head, then taps her chest again. Over *me.*

“... yes.”

She leans forward on her elbows, those green-flecked grey eyes piercing and intense. First she pokes you in the chest... then makes that talking motion... then makes a very slow, very wide circling motion with her fingertip in air, followed by a spread palm, indicating everything, absolutely everything... and then she slowly taps her own chest again.

“... oh,” you say quietly. “Oh, *shit.*”

Arizona plops her chin into one hand, the slightest of lopsided smirks peeking past her fingers. With the other, she presses an invisible cup to something, then takes it to her lips and drinks. Water cooler. Or in Ye Olden Navy Terms-

“Scuttlebutt.”

A gentle flick 'o the fingers against her own head - no shit, Sherlock.

With great effort you arrest the urge to hide your face in your palms. You'll take it like a man, right down to the lovely red color you must be blushing right now.

What did you THINK was going to happen? More to the point, WHEN did you think? At *all?*

[ ] So you just let me STEW for a few days!? I've been running myself in *circles* over this!
[ ] ... okay, I'd be pissed off at me too. I guess I deserved it.
[ ] ... I wanted to say something but I... I can barely look you in the eye right *now.* You have no idea how bad it is.
>>
>>46279378
[x] ... I wanted to say something but I... I can barely look you in the eye right *now.* You have no idea how bad it is.
>>
>>46279331
What are you implying?
>>
File: ISHYYDDT Kappa Edition.png (103 KB, 300x439) Image search: [Google]
ISHYYDDT Kappa Edition.png
103 KB, 300x439
>>46279350
>All these impressions
God Bless Ari.

>>46279378
>[ ] ... okay, I'd be pissed off at me too. I guess I deserved it.
>>
>>46279378
>[X] ... okay, I'd be pissed off at me too. I guess I deserved it
>>
>>46279378

Let's be mature and own up to our mistakes.
>>
>>46279378
>>
>>46279378
>[ ] ... I wanted to say something but I... I can barely look you in the eye right *now.* You have no idea how bad it is.
>>
>>46279378
>[ ] ... I wanted to say something but I... I can barely look you in the eye right *now.* You have no idea how bad it is.

>>46279422
Ditto
>>
>>46279378
[X] I wanted to say something but I... I can barely look you in the eye right *now.* You have no idea how bad it is.
>>
>>46279378

This somehow just seems
>>
>>46279378
>[x] ... okay, I'd be pissed off at me too. I guess I deserved it.
>>
>>46279378
>>
>>46279378
>>
>>46279378
Aha, I've been saying she'd have to be retarded not to have heard about everything.
>>
>>46279350
>>[x] ... okay, I'd be pissed off at me too. I guess I deserved it.
I dont remember Hate being bald
>>
>>46279378
>[ ] So you just let me STEW for a few days!? I've been running myself in *circles* over this!
You guys are way to soft on Ari.
>>
>>46279378
[X] ... okay, I'd be pissed off at me too. I guess I deserved it.
>>
File: Mein trusty waffe.jpg (73 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
Mein trusty waffe.jpg
73 KB, 780x439
>>46279406
We'll all get scrapped eventually.
You're gonna get scrapped.
I'm gonna get scrapped.
Just not today
>>
File: amatsukaze.jpg (591 KB, 965x1200) Image search: [Google]
amatsukaze.jpg
591 KB, 965x1200
>>46279378
>>
>>46279378

As much as the other seems amusing, we need to get back to work. We can have heartwarming moments with Ari later, when we AREN'T on the clock.
>>
>>46279378
>>[X] So you just let me STEW for a few days!? I've been running myself in *circles* over this!
>>
>>46279378
>[X ] ... okay, I'd be pissed off at me too. I guess I deserved it.
>>
>>46279378
Dumb anon here not getting it, someone plz clarify
>>
>>46279378
>[x] ... I wanted to say something but I... I can barely look you in the eye right *now.* You have no idea how bad it is.
>>
>>46279378
I understand up to the Goto, Yamato, and Hate spoke to her about Settle, but I am at a lost for her comment after it.
>>
>>46279350
>Next she smooths her hands down her chest, following the contours of a nonexistent bust massively superior to her own. She follows this with a huge smile and wide-eyed exuberance, bouncing up in her chair a bit while flipping an invisible ponytail over one shoulder.

Yeah, that fucking sounds like Yams.

Also, fuck your fucking image filename, fatass. Thumb over bore bullshit, get your ass the fuck outta here.
>>
>>46279378
>[X]... okay, I'd be pissed off at me too. I guess I deserved it.
>>
>>46279378
>>
>>46279378
>>
Just remember that a relationship with Arizona ultimately goes nowhere and we should just help her move on and accept she's a living graveyard no man wants to touch.
>>
>>46279378
>[X] ... I wanted to say something but I... I can barely look you in the eye right *now.* You have no idea how bad it is.
>>
>>46279496
You seem to be quite the master at skating in that picture though, so it looks representative of real life
>>
>>46279378
I feel like I'm dealing with my wife when she's angry at me. Hehe
>>
File: I Came Just to Suffer.png (85 KB, 720x632) Image search: [Google]
I Came Just to Suffer.png
85 KB, 720x632
>>46279489
YOU THOUGHT SHE WAS ANGRY?
SHE FUCKING SET US UP, FOR THIS.
THE CLEVER STANDARD-CLASS PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE.
>>
>>46279378
>>
I'm a little confused, I know Hate and Settle have falling outs a few times iirc, but which one is she reffering to. If it's the one in which we told Arizona about regulations, and Hate getting pissed that was....yesterday in story time.
>>
>>46279496
>Thumb over bore bullshit, get your ass the fuck outta here.

ahahahahahah I'M NOT SORRY
>>
>>46279489
Arizona?
She KNEW
She knew that we've been agonizing to everybody we trust about how we want to fuck her capsized but can't.
>>
>>46279496

Bitch thumb over bore with the index finger extended is DA BEST urban ops stance. Fucking natural aim is as easy as pointing, and if you think otherwise how the fuck are you FORCEPRO?
>>
>>46279378
>>
>>46279378
As a man dealing with a woman, we are always wrong
>>
>>46279496
Personally, I want to know when you turned into Richard Machowicz.
>>
>>46279536
Arizona confrimed for Sun Zi
>>
>>46279378
>>
>>46279378
>[X] ... okay, I'd be pissed off at me too. I guess I deserved it.
we fucked up as usual.
>>
OH LOOK ARIZONA IS A COMPLETE BITCH BUT SHE CAN'T DO NO FUCKING WRONG OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHE'S THE ANON'S DARLING SO OF FUCKING COURSE THEY'RE GONNA BETA ALL OVER HER
>>
>>46279378

>[ ] So you just let me STEW for a few days!? I've been running myself in *circles* over this!

Not cool, silent wonder. Not cool.
>>
>>46279534
You mean the one who'd dress up like a chuuni if you do the sparkly-pire bit?

We know you're one of the luckiest men alive, you rub it in our faces.
>>
>>46279378
>>
>>46279378
The real question is whether Arizona is pissed by the rumor mill, or pissed that the rumors aren't true. That's the more honest question.

Additionally, we basically just torpedoed our career. Sure, they'll probably let us finish out the war, because we are (somehow) actually good at our job - at least when measured in wins and losses. So right now, we can do no wrong. But after the war? Yah, it's pretty much career over. Retirement with honors I'm sure, but over nonetheless.

So why are we wearing about the frat regs now? They can't fire us mid-war, and we have nothing to lose thereafter. They won't court martial a hero for it, and we have nothing to gain since our careers over anyway.

Worthy of thought at least anon...
>>
>>46279378
>[x] So you just let me STEW for a few days!? I've been running myself in *circles* over this!
WHARBLGARBL
>>
>>46279434
Accidentally hit enter

This somehow just seems stronger. The other option sounds more like Settle trying to weasel his way out of responsibility by trying to make Ari the bad guy.
>>
>>46279496
... Yeah, I understand why you see her as a sister. That exuberance is just so... endearing.

>>46279594
Pretty much anon in a nutshell.

At least with Minna, Young gave back as good as he got. And actually hit first.
>>
>>46279566
*Sun Dere
>>46279594
wew lad. If you want Settle to be angry about it, vote to be angry.
>>
>>46279594
>>
>>46279594
Maximum rustling detected.
>>
>>46279594
It's a waifu vote, it's guaranteed to go like this. It could be fucking Sammy and it'd have the same result.
>>
>>46279610
I like this anon's line of though.

We don't care for peace time admiralty anyways.
>>
>[X] ... I wanted to say something but I... I can barely look you in the eye right *now.* You have no idea how bad it is.
>>
>>46279594
>BETA ALL OVER HER
I heard BETA
and came as fast as I could
where's the manga panels that need BETA application?!
>>
>>46279541

to clarify, she is listing literally everyone Settle has talked to about his issues with Arizona. Basically the whole fucking base knew via scuttlebutt like three days ago how Settle was moping about it to anyone he saw.
>>
>>46279620
SETTLE DID NOTHING FUCKING WRONG APART FROM SPILLING ALL THE SPAGHETTI OVER HER SCHOOLGIRL FUCKING BULLSHIT
>>
>>46279610
It's not like we wouldn't have retired or had ourselves transferred from service if it hadn't been for the Abyssal War after Higgins. No big loss.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 151

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.