[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I see someone talk about D&D online it's almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: dnd 3.5.jpg (56 KB, 450x317) Image search: [Google]
dnd 3.5.jpg
56 KB, 450x317
Whenever I see someone talk about D&D online it's almost always about 4e or 5e,but I've only ever played 3.5. What's better about 4th and 5th edition?
>>
>>46265394
Pretty much everything. 3.x is the worst edition of D&D.
>>
>>46265794
>I literally can't stop shitposting, please find me and kill me to save what's left of me
>>
>>46265394
>What's better about 4th?

Nothing.

>and 5th edition

It's oversimplified. Whether it is a good thing or bad thing I'll leave up to you.
>>
>>46265825
>Nothing.
4e has good tactical combat, pretty balanced but distinct classes, and for the most part avoids rocket tag battles.

>It's oversimplified. Whether it is a good thing or bad thing I'll leave up to you.
Oversimplification is inherently a bad thing, that's why it's oversimplified rather than simplified.
>>
>>46265394
>4th
Better combat balance. Character creation brought into the 20th century with the character builder. The wizard can no longer solve everything out of combat by reaching into Bigby's Book of Bullshit.
>5th
Nothing. It's the bastard child of 3.5 and 4 made by a team that didn't really understand either of them.
>>
>>46265394
>4e
Better game design, in the sense that (eventually) it had mechanics that worked the way they were supposed to, easily created and balanced encounters, and minimal intraparty issues.

>5e
Extremely simple to get into by way of being as bare bones and safe as possible.
>>
>>46265820
>The edition that can't decide what power level it wants to operate at and fails at being either low or high fantasy on top of being bogged down with a legion of balance and math issues
>Not the worst edition of D&D
T O P
K
E
K
>>
I run a 5e campaign weekly with a bunch of normies and I can say it is the easiest to introduce people to.

5e is basically DM Discretion the game. It shines when the DM is good but the cracks show when the DM is bad.
>>
>>46265394
4e is for people that LOVE combat.

5e is blend of streamlined 3.5 and AD&D. Its beginner friendly and has the best intro product since Moldvay/Basic
>>
File: dead or alive.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dead or alive.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Every D&D is the worst D&D until the next one comes out.
That's the rule.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.