[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dary Fairytales and Swashbuckling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Totally not a trap.jpg (156 KB, 485x769) Image search: [Google]
Totally not a trap.jpg
156 KB, 485x769
(trying this again)

Elegen/tg/entlemen,

I'm about to be GMing a game of 7th Sea based in Eisen.(notGermany)

Anyway, my players have discussed an interest in having an element of the ol' creepy German fairytale to their swashbuckling. One of them in particular is considering having some critter carry away his sister as part of his backstory. (I'm not sure what critter in Theah would be that intelligent, but we can talk about that)

Thing is, some genres mix well, some don't. I'm just wondering if any of you think it's a good idea and if so, what types of things could I put into it, mechanically or storywise to help make it work (like drama dice for other things besides flashy heroics and witty banter).

Also, would you dudes recommend any additional reading for me outside of the actual classic fairytales?

pic unrelated, though still spoop
>>
File: 51tNXff9cNL.png (54 KB, 167x210) Image search: [Google]
51tNXff9cNL.png
54 KB, 167x210
bumping with spoop art, as I'm a desperate ho.

(Also feel free to weigh in with spoopy dark fairytale art, as that shit is boss)
>>
>what critter in Theah would be that intelligent
Kobolds? They're intelligent, they're from Eisen and they're assholes in general.

Also, are you planning to use 1e or 2e?
>>
>>46263191
I'm pretty sure it's 1e. I didn't think 2e was a thing.
>>
>>46264186
Samefag

2e isn't even out yet, is it?

Anyway, I read how magic works in Theah. And like many people I grew up on Grimm's Fairytales (albeit, sanitized usually). Many of those tales involve young ladies or girls.
Also magic. And evil, jealous women who wield them.

So I'm beginning to wonder if there is a "Heroes stopping powerful, magic-wielding baroness and saving young lass from her and whatever critters she's enslaved" angle.

I remember watching "Snow White: A Tale of Terror" when I was younger and being creeped right the fuck out, so I'm looking to try and capture that same ambience, while still having room for swordplay.
>>
I'll give this thread one more bump, then I'll let it go.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.