[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Quest Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: WeekendQuestThread.gif (378 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
WeekendQuestThread.gif
378 KB, 700x704
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QMs.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as 'make a board for quests'.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/b5cN2RkK
This link contains numerous writing guides, as well as the addresses of quest related IRC channels.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QMs. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you aren't on the list, post your twitter here and someone will make sure it gets added eventually.

>QM Question
What is your LEAST favorite aspect of QMing?

>Player Question
What's something you wish more quests did?
>>
>>46257618
>What is your LEAST favorite aspect of QMing?
Having to block a huge chunk of my day to get anything done.

>What's something you wish more quests did?
Shit that is not about combat or grinding skills/knowledge/allies.
>>
>Bonus Question:
Do we go /qte/ or stay /wqdt/
>>
>>46257697
>/qte/

E isn't even close to G. How do you make that typo?
>>
>>46257766
Clearly he wants a Quick Time Event General.
>>
>>46257766
Stupidity I guess. I'm just gonna go kill myself.
>>
>>46257766
I think it's for Eternal, no?

>>46257815
Come on, I saved yo' ass.
>>
>>46257823
>Quest Thread ETERNAL

Going from only weekends to literally never dying. I like it.
>>
>>46257618

Some of the players. Namely, namefags who seem to think that being namefags places them above all the other players, and turn into salty bitches whenever they get outvoted on something.

Generally, players throwing shit at each-other over trivial shit. If I hear one more player accuse others of samefagging just because they option they voted for didn't win, even if the poster count shows that nobody was samefagging, I am going to go insane.

I love my players because they keep the quests going, but sometimes I can't stand a select few.
>>
>>46257618
> What is your LEAST favorite aspect of QMing?
Feeling like a traitorous fucking heel when I get interrupted by real life and have to leave my players waiting.
>>
>>46257923
Hey, man, Saltanon and Sleepy are okay.
>>
So I've been writing up my quest idea and realised that I should probably gather some images for the different characters, but I made the mistake of having a mental image of them already, and being a shit artist.

Is it better to have no character art, or change the descriptions of characters to better match the art?
>>
>QM
I dislike QMing with a group that only votes. No discussion, no write ins, just voting. It feels like I might as well just be QMing myself, using a dice to pick my choice.
>>
>>46257618

You know, I don't think constant WQTs are a good idea. And I say this as someone who loves Quests.

This is because I've been on Spooky, and things eventually degenerate into the weirdest kind of fetish shit because there's nothing to talk about.
>>
>>46257618
>QM question
Honestly, and I do love my players, but their lack of creativity really grinds my gears sometimes. They've missed so many opportunities for cool backstory on characters, fun scenes, extra goodies and just generally don't do much without being specifically told what to do.
>>
>>46257618
>QM
Gotta be those first few minutes waiting for the votes/discussion to start, when you have no idea whether your players are still into the story or if they've temporarily checked out.
>>
>>46257923
>>46258287
This f a m a lam
>>
>>46257618
>QM Question

Stressing over the low player count I get when I start. I get paranoid that everyone gave up on me.
>>
>>46258383
>f a m a lam.
Woah oh black Betty
>>
>>46258433
I just didn't want to write senpai a lam again.
>>
>>46257618

Has any Quest ever had a Bad End? You know, boot on face, villain gets your girl, everyone is ground to dust? Yes, yes, there's Joker but it didn't go all the way.
>>
>>46257989
If you dig through enough images I'm sure you can find something that at least somewhat matches what you're looking for. No offense but i have a hard time believing you've had a 100% completely original character design.
>>
>>46258490
There was a Fallout quest where the QM gave into a fit of self-loathing and everything ended horribly forever.
>>
>>46258576

Did the PC die? Was it anything in particular, or did the QM just have a freak out?
>>
>>46258350
>>46258287
>>46258383
>>46257923
how many of you are fanfic quests?

I think I'd actually be pleasantly surprised if the majority WEREN'T.
>>
>>46258619
>>46258350 here, my quest is 100% original. I don't particularly like the idea of a quest made in an established IP unless that IP is something designed for it, like Warhammer or D&D.
>>
>>46258688
Completely agree.

I see all sorts of quests for things i love and I can't help but avoid them.
>>
>>46258619
What does that even have to do with anything under discussion?
>>
>>46258323
In theory that will never happen here because there is moderation.

In practice we'll see~
>>
>>46258786
Well, which is a more prevalent issue?

>players go to fanfic quests because it's more familiar but are a bit lacking at closely inspecting the story because of it

>players are out of their depth in an original setting and are thus unable to make intelligent votes
>>
>>46258895

The main issue is that players always, always try to cheat in fanfiction quests because they already know all the world's secrets. It's why I always usual original settings, so that it's surprising each time.
>>
>>46258895
The actual answer is

>quest players don't want to put too much effort into a stupid online game where they don't even get sole control of the character
>>
File: 0WlZqbS.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0WlZqbS.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
>>46258323

I've seen elevation of the discussion in Weekend Quest Threads over time. I don't exactly love the chosen topics and I don't know if the time is right but it has generally been an upward trend since the endless shitposting it was when I first encountered it.

Problem is, I think it's because quests have generally diminished in popularity over time. It's a clunky format that's often even clunkier in execution. So what's left is a core population of QMs that are also players and that's an ever larger portion of who posts in these threads.

Anywho, it's just a thought. I have no idea how true it is.
>>
>>46258966
Which is gay as shit since when a quest is generally open-ended and lets the players have a lot of control, they freeze up and do nothing.

I think it's time to admit that most players are fucking shit. Seriously, you all are the bottom of the barrel dregs that would be rejected from your average d&d game.
>>
>>46257618
>>QM Question
Honestly? The constant worry that people aren't enjoying themselves. That's all I could want, but there's no way to really know
>>
>>46259819
>and that's an ever larger portion of who posts in these threads

Because they aren't week-long, so they're not always up when drama starts and needs a place to continue. If they're week-long again, drama started at any point during the week will leak here when the quest thread dies.
>>
File: cyberpunk (2).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk (2).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>46259861
>I think it's time to admit that most players are fucking shit. Seriously, you all are the bottom of the barrel dregs that would be rejected from your average d&d game.

From most to all over nothing more than a single stop. Calm down, pal. Players can be good, RPG players do tend to be maladjusted social rejects (doubly so for those you'll meet online) but I can make room in my heart for social rejects who enjoy what I make for them.

If you don't like the players you get, don't run. Do something else that will make you happy and not be a giant waste of time.

>>46259930

I'm not sure if you or I are pro- or anti-drama. It does bring in a larger audience, though there's always the argument of whether we like the "QM commune" thing we're starting to have going on or if shit-slinging plebs would be good for us. I might be able to tolerate a little shit. It's been boring lately.
>>
>>46259861
You still don't have full control over the character. You have to deal with the possibility of someone else showing up and saying "no your idea is gay fuck you".

So yes, you're right that most quest players wouldn't be allowed in an average D&D game, but that's because they're lazy fucks who want to put minimal effort in rather than being entirely Those Guys.
>>
>>46260000
>I'm not sure if you or I are pro- or anti-drama

I am definitely pro-drama. My favorite quest was BFQ. QTG was my one true love until it turned into constant futa/lesbian arguments.
>>
So I've been off and on following quests for the past couple years, and I was wondering how much of a leap it is from being the primary GM of a six player group to QMing?

Also any first thread tips beyond just getting the first quest out there?
>>
>>46260051
The biggest difference going from GMing to QMing is how little control you have over the players, and how much more railroading you have to place down to keep anyone interested. The OP pastebin has some good advice, although don't take everything there for granted.
>>
>>46260051
LURK. Learn what to do from the good QMs. Have a trip, have a twitter to announce threads, archive your own shit and fucking figure out your dice systems before the first thread.

Good Luck
>>
File: 1Hrt7LM.jpg (388 KB, 2297x1530) Image search: [Google]
1Hrt7LM.jpg
388 KB, 2297x1530
>>46260051
>6 player group

You can probably do it, just be prepared to write a lot in one go. Like a lot. If you're a non-shitty writer, you might have difficulty hitting 2k words in a day. In a quest thread it's not unusual to finish in the 8k or 10k range total for the thread.

>>46260102

This is good advice and if you heed nothing else, heed this.
>>
>>46260091
Hoo boy, this is gonna be a trip. My group is mostly railroad breakers so hopefully it'll be a nice change of pace.

>>46260102
>Lurk moar
>Ever not being rule #1

I'm currently following Chuckles and Smiley if they're acceptable. Anyone else that's good? Or good examples of a more mechanically structured quest?

>>46260138
>Just be prepared to write a lot
Good thing writing practice is half of why I want to do it.
>>
>>46260262
>Smiley

As much as I love Smiley, he is not the best QM. He loves railroading, actual railroading where your choices never matter.

Chuckles is great. I'd also recommend Warlord (be warned, their is smut)

Kato and the new guy StrikeZone
>>
>>46260262
>Chuckles and Smiley
do those QMs ever do original settings? You might want a more....well-rounded spread.
>>
>>46260262
>Anyone else that's good?
I'd recommend Twilight Thorn with Persona 2129
>>
>>46260051
I've literally GMed like a half session once of a homebrew game that went nowhere. If you actually have GMed before you'd be miles ahead of me.
>>
>>46260292
*There is

Also another good one would've been Questdrone.

TheFather is pretty good as well.
>>
>>46260262
>Good thing writing practice is half of why I want to do it.

Outside of getting you to write often, /tg/ quests are pretty awful for writing practice. The fact that you have under an hour to write an update gives most QMs very bad writing habits.

For more mechanically structured quests, you might want to look at the more civ-gameish quests like Hive Queen, or the various quests on SB/SV (although they have a very different environment for quests).
>>
>>46260301
Chuckles has had a couple of originals.
>>
>>46260333
I've not seen a one from him that was donuts.
>>
>>46260301
Beyond the Gate seems to be an oc setting

>>46260292
>>46260308
>>46260315
Adding to the homework/research pile

>>46260329
I've got a couple novels and a batman fanfic on the backburner that never get updated cause I never feel like writing, so hopefully that helps balance things out.
>>
File: LoraWithFeathers_4.png (482 KB, 873x757) Image search: [Google]
LoraWithFeathers_4.png
482 KB, 873x757
I will never not post this picture at the slightest excuse.

We begin again, folks. After a long day at work and the previous thread dropping off sadly early, Dungeon Life Quest is live.

>>46260459
>>
>>46260400
Oh, read this faggot too >>46260682

His writing is amazing.
>>
>>46260739
S' wha? It's my first quest, man, don't put that evil on me.
>>
>>46260682
I keep seeing your threads. What is your quest about? I might read it someday, once I finish reading Lamia Daughter Quest in the archives.
>>
>>46260770
There's a Dungeon. Bad shit is going down. MC is a Grumpy Hero. Also a necromancer, but the "respect the dead" kind.
>>
>>46260770
>Lamia Daughter Quest

My fucking nigger, that's what got me into questing.
>>
>>46260770
Pretty much this>>46260770

She's also a chainsmoker who's blunt as hell.
>>
>>46260804
Care to elaborate a little more? "Bad shit" as in BBEG is using the power of the mighty Macguffin to turn the princess into a dragon, or as in more of a cerebral "what the fuck is happening" sense?
>>
>>46260827
The BBEG has control of a living Macguffin and is using it's power for an unkown reason.
>>
File: Bri with Kat.png (262 KB, 905x897) Image search: [Google]
Bri with Kat.png
262 KB, 905x897
>>46260770
An unjustly exiled necromancer finds herself inconveniently immortal.

It's also about family, loyalty, revenge & redemption, duty, and what it means to embrace, or reject, one's identity.
>>
>>46260739
>>46260769
I'm getting conflicting messages here, but to the homework pile it goes
>>
>>46260811
Shit's incredible. I love all the characters and legit hate some of the bad guys. It gets a little magical realmy at times, but nothing too terrible so far. One of my top 5 quests of all time, though.
>>
>>46260845
>>46260848
Hmm, I'll look into it sometime then. Thanks for the elaboration. Sounds interesting.
>>
>>46260400
I'd recommend Valkyrian Mercs Quest, but your mileage may vary
>>
>>46260862
>>46260883
Don't be afraid to share your thoughts and feelings if y'do give it a read, my friend. I'm always looking to improve. Thanks for the interest!
>>
>>46260811
>>46260865
Homework pile?

>>46260915
>Milage may vary
Well, letsa go...

>>46260936
Opinion sharing is the funnest part of following a quest
>>
>>46261062
Homework pile for fucking sure. If you love fantasy, romance, intrigue, laughs, action and a lovable group of misfits, LDQ is the quest for you.
>>
>>46261062
This >>46261140

It has some of the best written characters in quests. The earlier sections are a bit of a slog though and the MC has a tendency to ramble.
>>
File: No1Necro_2.png (279 KB, 1000x904) Image search: [Google]
No1Necro_2.png
279 KB, 1000x904
>>46261062
> Opinion sharing is the funnest part of following a quest

My audience's been very good about offering constructive criticisms and expressing their thoughts, which has been a fucking godsend, lemme tell ya. I only follow two quests at the moment but both of them, likewise, have very expressive audiences. It's nice to be able to engage with the writer (or your audience) in a live format.

And, ah. To folks looking to read DLQ, a bit of a warning. Eventually a Characters and Places GDoc crops up. DO NOT READ IT UNTIL YOU ARE CAUGHT UP. I update it semi-regularly to help frequent readers keep things straight and as a result it's rife with fuckin' spoilers.

And now I should be able to stop namefagging and get back to just discussing shit.
>>
>>46261221
Eh, it's fine. You're discussing your quest. If I were to slap my trip on to do so, I'd be a cunt. But you're the QM talking about your quest.
>>
>>46261062
>Homework pile?
Nah, it was pretty awful.
>>
>>46261221
>My audience's been very good about offering constructive criticisms and expressing their thoughts,

And by that what Vox is trying to say is that one anon (me) is able to wade through herds of his crying fanboys to tell him to his face what parts I think suck.

By the way, the reason Feathers is stupid is because its overly sappy. Like imagine a good movie and then there's a sequel with an annoying mascot character just ramrodded in there. that's what Feathers feels like.
>>
>>46261272
Hahahahahahahahaha, look at this man and laugh.
>>
>>46261585
>lesbian monstergirl angstshit
>good
Kek
>>
>>46261537
'preciate it, though I have gotten other feedback pointing out weak parts. Noted, though. I'd hate to over-do it.
>>
>>46261595
>Le buzzwords and le green text :^)

Come back with proper criticisms or piss off.
>>
>>46261616
Remeber Vox it's just one guys opinion, Although in this case he's not wrong. I just love that cheesy shit
>>
>>46261626
>poorly realized characters
>shameless wish fulfillment
>terribly boring
>dragged on twice as long as it should
>edgy as shit
>has fans like you who use /v/ tier arguments
>>
>>46261626
Wait, I have an honest question.

Where do the lesbians come in?

If you have a daughter that is a lamia, are you the lesbian or is the lamia a lesbian or are we playing the lesbian lamia daughter?

I have so many questions.
>>
>>46261640
>still using greentext
at least format your criticism properly m8 we need at least 6 posts spent on you talking about it before anything you say has merit
>>
>>46261640
>>poorly realized characters
Did you even read it?

>>shameless wish fulfillment
Where?

>>terribly boring
Eh, in some parts maybe

>>dragged on twice as long as it should
I mean maybe? It could have been shorter or longer. I think the QM was burned out.

>>edgy as shit
Couple of bits maybe, not everything was "ouch the edge" Other quests are more guilty of that.

>>has fans like you who use /v/ tier arguments
Has griefers like you who have no real complaints other than bullshit ones. Most popular quests do and did.
>>
>>46261693
>criticizing tone instead of content
Proving me right, m8
>>46261672
MC is the lamia daughter, gets a lesbian waifu who she manages to get magically pregnant because waifufaggotry.
>>
>>46261672
The anons waifu'd a girl, MC was a girl. Hence Lesbians.

Quest is one of the older ones though so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>46261716
>to get magically pregnant because waifufaggotry.

In the fucking epilogue and with Magic that was established pretty early on.
>>
>>46261716
>biting obvious b8
>>
>>46261716
>>46261722

Huh. Weird.

I guess I imagined "lamia daughter" quest to be about having a lamia daughter as a normal human man.

Like, it's a weird way to identify your MC by the fact that they are both a woman and have parents.

Like, I feel a much better title would be "Lamia" quest since you play a lamia

Imagine if I made a quest about a male human knight and I titled it "Human Son" quest.

Get what I'm saying?

What does the MC do other than exist as the product of someone else's loins.
>>
>>46261733
Doesn't make it any less of cringey wish fulfillment bullshit.
>>
>>46261752
The title came from an old bit of writefaggotry. The MC is a Lamia and the adopted daughter of a Paladin.
>>
>>46261752
>it's a weird way to identify your MC
Its based off old writefaggotry since the story failed to stand on its own legs.
>>
>>46261757
>Doesn't make it any less of cringey wish fulfillment bullshit.

Sure mate, sure.

You know Yuribabies are actually a thing that exist now? Like I'm not sure why it's so disgusting or anything. I guess I just don't understand yuri hate in general.
>>
>>46261770
>>46261766

Oh, that makes more sense.

See though, i now want there to be a quest entitled Lamia Daughter quest where you play as the parent and watch your monstrosity of a child bring home a gryphon-girl or whatever and get really disappointed in her for her lifestyle choices
>>
>>46261770
>ts based off old writefaggotry since the story failed to stand on its own legs

Uh wut, now you're just being obvious with your bait man.
>>
>>46261778
>Yuribabies are actually a thing that exist now?
Surrogate babies are, but they still need jizz to make.
>>
Lamia Vagrant >>> Lamia Daughter
>>
>>46261790
Based off old writefaggotry, yes

Failed to stand on its own legs, subjective
>>
>>46261800
you haven't heard of LE EPIC LEG BONE babies.

It's something women bring up now like we haven't already made artifical sperm and wombs.

It's essentially a funny non-argument man-hating lesbian feminists bring up when forced to admit the human race sort of needs men.

Hilariously enough, I don't think a leg bone baby has been made yet and we probably have no idea about what the mental and physical defects might occur from such a child.

Spoiler alert, there would probably be a lot of physical and mental defects from a leg bone baby
>>
>>46261813
>Failed to stand on its own legs, subjective

I don't even get that, the QM built that world from the ground from a barely page long bit of cute write-faggotry. Like out of all the valid criticisms you could make why use a shitty one?
>>
>>46261818
>Hilariously enough, I don't think a leg bone baby has been made yet and we probably have no idea about what the mental and physical defects might occur from such a child.
>Spoiler alert, there would probably be a lot of physical and mental defects from a leg bone baby

Maybe? You don't just need leg marrow, you could other cells as well. It's a relatively new field of study.
>>
>>46261823
>built that world
Kekkles
>>
>>46261834
Well, I'm calling deformed monstrosities no matter what you do right now so when it doesn't pan out I can say I told you so and laugh in the faces of man-hating feminists.
>>
>>46261841
He did, the original write-faggotry is a page long short-story

>>46261849
You do you man
>>
>>46261788
>Watch your monstrosity of a child bring home a gryphon
>Being disappointed about this.
I want to run this quest and have this happen specifically to tell people who vote for disappointment to get the fuck out of my quest. Be the PROUDEST father/mother of your adopted abomination daughter. Praise the shit out of her, she did good, look at the size of that fucking thing. How did she even kill that? Listen to her regale you with excited stories about how it tried to carry her off and she managed to strangle it in midair then rode its choking body to the ground and accidentally broke its neck on landing. Shit was scary, she didn't know what to do with the body, so she brought it home. She's panicking, but also kind of excited? Please help.

But you can't help. Not right now. You are too busy being proud of her for this. Later, you will eat a large dinner of fried chicken.
>>
>>46250930
Banished
Elder Loli
Sleeping Gods
Words of Power
A Tale of Witches
Joker Quest
>>
File: Guar.jpg (13 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
Guar.jpg
13 KB, 180x180
>>46261966
>not being disappointed by the giant shitbird
Go guar or go home.
>>
Have drawfags ever been detrimental to a quest?

I can think of potential scenarios where they may be bothersome, but I've never seen said scenarios come into fruition.
>>
>>46261183
I sorta liked the earlier bits the best.
Oh well, tastes differ.
>>
>>46261800
Actually, you can just combine the gametes from two eggs.

It's not even difficult.
>>
File: Labamba.png (346 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Labamba.png
346 KB, 640x352
>>46261183
>It has some of the best written characters in quests
>>
>>46260811
>>46260770
man, I remember that shit.
Good times. I re-read it recently, and it held up pretty good.
>>
>WQD goes on all week
>like clockwork, old QTG shitposters return to shit on quests
topkek
>>
>>46262250
Nice b8
>>
File: blood knight.jpg (44 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
blood knight.jpg
44 KB, 500x667
>>46262261
Bring back /wqdt/!
>>
>>46261140
Way to sound like a fucking informercial, you tool
>>
>>46262283
anon, stop shitposting please.
>>
>>46262186
It was just the first couple of threads before he found the writing style that worked the best.

>>46262242
Opinions man, opinions I'm right though

>>46262250
Yes it has.

>>46262261
As long as this thread exists people will always shit on what other people like.
>>
>>46262295
Way to prove people right when they say QTG is only for shitposters.
>>
>>46262261
I know, right? And here I thought the "LDQ is good" meme had finally died.

Next somebody will be trying to tell me futa builds character.
>>
>>46262311
Sorry anon, you were the shitposter I was talking about.
>>
>>46262307
>I'm right though
Hardly. Even fucking SWQ has more nuanced characters than LDQ
>>
>>46262322
>I'm not shitposting, YOU are!
That's what every shitposter says.
>>
Oh man, this is a blast from the past.
A lot of the shitposting on QTG got started from the anti-LDQ lie and misinformation brigade. Their consistent salt was a gateway to further shitposts.
>>
>>46262338
It's amazing how much they get triggered when people say they liked it. Like goddamn, do they need a safe-space where no one mentions a quest they dislike?
>>
File: watching this.gif (4 MB, 294x524) Image search: [Google]
watching this.gif
4 MB, 294x524
>>46262338
Newbie here.

Only been around when WQDT was on weekends. Is QTG regularly like this?
>>
>>46262338
...Is there a reason folks can't just, I dunno. Read the quest and decide for themselves? And then talk about it like adults?
>>
>>46262355
Yes. QTG was like this consistently. The anti-LDQ salt brigade was so bad that they practically codified QTG shitposting at that point, and further anti-popular-thread shitposting followed a similar path.

It's actually pretty interesting.
>>
>>46262355
People love to shit on things other people like. You say you like one thing, they say it's bad because of >buzzword

The cycle repeats.

>>46262357
Nope, they have to insult what other people like with greentext first!
>>
File: where do you think you are m8.jpg (43 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
where do you think you are m8.jpg
43 KB, 400x302
>>46262357
>>
>>46262355
>>46262370
This was around the time the "never mention quests you like" meme got formed on QTG, since any and all quests of passing popularity were trolled to oblivion and occasionally raided by QTG during this time of history.
>>
I want to run a Legend of the Galactic Heroes quest.
>>
>>46262357
Maybe you should stop shilling your shitty lesbian erotic fanfiction as DA BOST KWEST EBERRR if you don't want people calling you out on it.
>>
>>46262401
like, actually want to, or only want to want to?
because I WANT to want to run many things, but do not have the determination and drive.
>>
File: live free or reinhard.jpg (248 KB, 400x588) Image search: [Google]
live free or reinhard.jpg
248 KB, 400x588
>>46262401
Then pitch it.
>>
>>46262408
Oh man, look at that accuracy to historical shitposting styles.
Truly, these shitposters were the explorers and discoverers of the QTG shitposter community of the day.
>>
>>46262392
Holy shit man, look at this>>46262408

It's fucking starting again.
>>
>>46262431
Yeah, the regression to QTG status after a week of activity is pretty stark.
>>
>>46262355
No, not really. People generally just remember the worst parts of QTG though, so that's all you'll hear about.
Even some of the worst parts of QTG were pretty enjoyable though, I still have a soft spot for the shitty quest idea mutation shit even if they were almost always terrible.
>>
>>46262434
Like at least in regular /wqdt/ there's a bit more effort. He didn't even fucking greentext his buzzwords.
>>
>>46262408
Anon, I haven't read it yet. I hadn't heard of it before this particular thread. I need ya to calm your shit, take a few shots for whatever deep personal sadness has you this mad about an online discussion, and maybe consider for a moment that I was suggesting that folks read a work, THEN judge it, as a general-case behavior.

I mean, you do you if you wanna shitpost but goddamn man. There's speeds between zero and one-twenty.
>>
>>46262446
They may have been terrible, but they were always better than the original pitch.
>>
>>46260770
Is this the first time you read it?
It's always cool to see people trawling old quests for the first time.
>>
>>46262485
That might be why I have a soft spot for them. They were always shit on purpose but still somehow managed to improve on the initial concept.
>>
Final Fantasy Tactics guy from yesterday here. I hit a wall with implementing the class system. Still figuring it out. I´m probably not running this weekend.
>>
>>46262497
that sounds about right. There's a reason why you don't really have class systems in quests.

Might I point you to Tree of Savior? That might be along the lines of the mechanics you need to see to figure this out.
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/
here, it's faster to figure it out when you see for yourself
>>
File: 1457420130037.jpg (65 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457420130037.jpg
65 KB, 500x375
>>46262423
>>46262401

So here's the pitch:

Conquest of Valhalla - a LoGH quest

Reinhard von Lohengramm has died and ascended into the mythical Valhalla. He is reunited with his friends and vassals, from Oberstein to Siegfried Kircheis.

Oberstein, being Oberstein has arrested all of the Norse deities, Odin included, as an exercise of his intrigue skills. Furthermore, in doing so, he has seized control of the dimension-connecting tree Yggdrasil.

Having conquered Valhalla, The Golden Lion Emperor (Reinhard) ponders on whether or not to spread strong centralized government through the multiverse possibly conquering Halkeginia and GATE's Empire.
>>
>>46262525
Thanks. Gonna test it there then.
>>
File: Fire Selector to Full Retard.gif (3 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
Fire Selector to Full Retard.gif
3 MB, 450x253
>>46262536
Dude, you just went full shitposter
>>
>>46262561
Yet it still sounds better than LDQ
>>
>>46262561
>>46262570
dangit anon, please stop shitposting, his pitch was fine.
>>
File: fuck am i reading.jpg (18 KB, 358x340) Image search: [Google]
fuck am i reading.jpg
18 KB, 358x340
>>46262536
Okay, now you're just kidding me.

This is bait, right? Gotta be bait.
>>
>>46262561
>>46262570
oh shit, they're turning back into QTG!
>>
>>46262536
I never watched LoGH.
I don't understand most of what you explained.
>>
File: reinhardgif.gif (493 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
reinhardgif.gif
493 KB, 500x270
>>46262584
>>46262561
>>46262570

How can it be bait if it is actually explored in-series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8XaZG2_2GQ
>>
>>46262596
Imagine if Space Game of Thrones suddenly collided with Norse mythology, one of the characters became the God-Emperor, and is gonna take over the multiverse.

That's how bullshit it sounds.
>>
>>46262619
Is that how it is supposed to be?
>>
>>46262619
Are any of the other Game of Thrones quests good? The one running right now isn't bad at all.
>>
>>46262629
It's as bullshit as Band of Brothers suddenly featuring elves. It ain't even remotely close to how it's supposed to be.

>>46262617
>>46262536
I'll say this: well played, anon. Ten outta ten, got a response from me.
>>
>>46262648
I've never played any of them but they all seemed to have a middling amount of relatively dedicated fans.
Along with the telltale shitposters of a quest that has made someone or other mad at some point for some reason.

Chances are good they may be worth reading if you find them.
>>
>>46262649
Surely, Oberstein being Oberstein in Halkeginian and Empire politics is worth playing for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rxN2iYYCPU
>>
>>46262677
>Politics
>Not just using orbital bombardment
>>
>>46262657
I mean doesn't every quest have a dedicated hater/shit poster because Vaelys exists?
>>
>>46262536
from what I understand of your pitch, your concept is a type that oftentimes gets numerous players.
though, it's sort of hit or miss, since it's also considered hack work by some.
>>
>>46262703
I keep hearing about that guy. Is that a hated gm around here or am I missing something?
>>
>>46262124
Why would drawfags EVER be a bad thing?
>>
>>46262492
Yeah, first time. I actually have only read a few quests to completion, but I'm working on them. Some are...eh, but then you have shit like Ruby Quest, HQQ and LDQ and that makes it all worth it.
Hell, I even tried reading some of the shit quests with negative ratings (holy shit, there are only like 5 of them and you can tell why) just to get a point of reference.

>>46262703
My quest doesn't have a dedicated shitposter. Granted it's pretty small, but almost nobody shits all over everything almost ever. Knock on wood.
>>
>>46262124
I have a dedicated drawfag player in my quest who has seriously made more fanart for me than I have seen in almost any other quest. I have a folder full of the stuff and it keeps growing. I love it and can't imagine why anyone would find someone who likes your quest enough to make fanart of it a bad thing.
>>
>>46262775
Well, it's always cool to see someone catching up on the old stuff. Good work.
>>
>>46262789
Sup spooky?
>>
>>46262823
Nope. No idea who that is.
>>
>>46262829
Apologies, I took an educated guess and was wrong.
>>
File: Vaelys being an ass.png (7 KB, 599x119) Image search: [Google]
Vaelys being an ass.png
7 KB, 599x119
>>46262710
Valeys is the no longer used Twitter account of a person who entered every single quest, and then immediately exploded upon any signs of anything bad happening to the MC, for any reason whatsoever, then would email, twitter, troll, scream, and shitpost at the QM that unless they "fixed" the quest according to his strict requirements, their quest would immediately die and it would be their fault. He would also downvote the quest using a bot into the -30's as well.

To date, no quest that has ignored his demands has actually died for any of the reasns he threatened. A number of QMs later purposefully put situations in quest that would make Vaelys leave their quests.

He was supposedly an expert on how to run quests despite never having run one himself.

There was another person who had the same attitudes and demands, and is equally annoying about quests that upset him.
>>
File: p113978-620x350.jpg (43 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
p113978-620x350.jpg
43 KB, 620x350
One thousand years ago the demonic vaivar people appeared in Europe, moving from the desolate wastelands across the Volga to conquer the lands inhabited by humans and changing History forever.

Since then an infinite war has been ravaging the continent, now doomed to a never-ending Middle Age. The kingdoms born from the ashes of the former Holy Roman Empire survive among precarious alliances, changes of front and epidemics. The vaivar advance with armies of unnatural and frightening creatures, the manvar: their march proceeds inexorably towards the heart of Bavaria.

Then there are the Finns, courageous and tenacious people, the heir of an ancient breed of warriors, expelled from the lands of Kaleva just after the invasion of the vaivar. Now this people, decimated and nomad, survives by bartering their military skills for food and a safe home in the christian lands. Not only this: they are the only ones to possess the legendary swords known as Flameblades, capable of killing vaivars with the greatest ease.

Will you be able to stand against the Army of the Traitor, a human turned manvar for glory and power?
Who can be trusted, and who will betray you?
Holy Knight Orders, Finnish Mercenaries, monstrous soldiers: this and much more in The Fire Millennium Quest.
>>
>>46262961
>au
That explains so much.

Not the guy you were talking to, but holy shit I didn't know there was anyone that autistic here. Glad he's gone. If he came into my quest and saw just how often the MC got fucked over, hurt, hated or any number of other negative things he'd have a fucking aneurysm. Are there any other shitposters of his caliber I should watch out for?
>>
>>46262961
Since I've been reading LDQ lately, I have to laugh at the similarities between that guy and Citadel.
>>
>>46263055
There's always a few people who get offended by consequences happening in game, but the two of his caliber are seriously outspoken and VERY obvious. Usually, ignoring them works just fine.
>>
>>46263078
Any good examples of his brand of autism in quests? Like ones I could look up to see his fuckery first-hand? I'm sickened, but curious.
>>
>>46263088
One example was early in Ryukuza Quest, when the MC got her arm chopped off in what was pretty clearly a player choice for doing so - they had been previously made aware the character they were protecting regenerates, and wouldn't suffer permanently from the injury, but they made the appropriate bodyguard choice instead.

You'll have to look up the appropriate thread numbers of 4plebs.

Another instance was in A Tale of Witches, when the OP there would be no magical lesbian babies in his game (ensuring it by stating they would be soulless abominations). He literally hounded the QM in IRC as well as on twitter.
>>
File: Vaelys being told off by a QM.png (10 KB, 672x248) Image search: [Google]
Vaelys being told off by a QM.png
10 KB, 672x248
>>46263088
>>
>>46262703
My quest has a semi-dedicated hateposter but he's always bashing the other players instead of me. Feels good that he still likes me and possibly the Quest itself.
>>
>>46262702
If you exterminatus every planet you come across, who's going to work the plows and build the ships?

>>46263180
>My quest has a semi-dedicated hateposter
I legitimately don't remember any of the namefags from my quests. I just remember being sorely disappointed by the extreme paranoia of my players.
>>
>>46263069
That makes a lot of sense. Vaelys is the Citadel of questing.
>>
>>46263273
Oh he doesn't have a name, I just know it's him because of his posting style and his issues.
>>
>>46261966
I think he meant being home a date.
>>
>>46262703
My quest lacks the possibility of a real waifu, Vaelys and his kin ignore it.
>>
What are good timeslots to run a quest? In the sense of having the most potential players.
>>
>>46263567
american daytime
>>
>>46262741
They hold a non-insignificant amount of power over public opinion.

Eg: they draw one waifu and suddenly anons all want that waifu

I've never seen it happen, so I was curious if something of such has ever happened.
>>
>>46263626
I had a feeling that's what happened with MGNQ but don't quote me on that.

I just hope I didn't cause the same thing with the quest I regularly drawfag for
>>
I haven't even read LDQ, but I'm looking at what's been posted about it and I hate it already.
>monstergirl waifubait MC
>lesbian waifu for bullshit lesbabby end
>tells god to fuck off because she's more righteous
>posters keep blathering on about how deep the monstergirl fetish fuel world is

Why would I even want to try?
>>
>>46263743
It's a good quest.
If you don't want to try it, you don't gotta. I doubt you'd enjoy any quest going into it with an attitude like that, though.
>>
>>46263743
No-one's forcing you to try it, and judging by the tone of your post, you're not going to give any positive posts about it a chance anyway.
>>
>>46263743
wait, the little you've seen in the thread you think is blathering?
And, If you consider that small amount of positive posting blathering, why would you ask people to try to convince you to read it?
How did you know about characters not mentioned in the thread if you were new to the quest or discussion of the quest?

This post doesn't hold up.
>>
>>46263739
Which quest?
>>
>>46263626
>>46263739
It happened in MechEngineer Quest, at least for everyone who was vocal in their participation.

That screamy hunk of terrifying doom steel multiwrapped polymer legged infrared jumpscare faced lightweight variant adaptable munitions fielder was already #1 on my list of stupid sexy mechs.

And then a drawfag drew a cross section of it and another drew a modelization of it. For ever afterwards during the quest our mech was our one true waifu. The QM even tried distracting us with a girl at some points!
But no, our mech was our one true passion, the thing worth devoting our life to, a personification of our innermost desires.

Not once has a waifu quite ever done it for me since.
>>
>>46263834
HSQ
>>
>>46263962
You're right, Leviathan best waifu, everyone else is shit
>>
>>46262657
>implying the shitposters even read the quest and aren't just shitposting since LDQfags are so easy to trigger
>>
File: 1457872281008.jpg (447 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1457872281008.jpg
447 KB, 2448x2448
>>46263148
>archive.moe
>>
>>46263771
>It's a good quest
Pfffft
>>
>>46263972
Doesn't seem very…er, compatible to me, sir.
>>
>>46264131
I'll make it compatible.
>>
Thought I might just poke my head in here. Mention that OFIG will not have a bonus thread today so Monday is confirmed. Just in case any of my readers are browsing this.

>>46257618
>QM Question
I can't write fast enough, and I never get feedback

>Player Question
Interconnected worlds. If only because it fills out lore nicely.
>>
>>46263962
huh, in hindsight I should have expected that.

no regrets, most of my requests have been waifu-neutral
>>
>>46257618
When the players go off on a wild and semi-insane tangent/assumption for very little reason and refuse to let it go.

>What's something you wish more quests did?
Real life crime.
>>
>>46264190
Don't worry about that too much, as much as I draw the Gal/Levi duo I'm by default a non-shipper.
>>
>when the quest you like is in a timezone that directly contradicts your sleep schedule
jfijphgiphg3pig
>>
>>46264339
Which one?
>>
>>46264345
German Hollow Quest

I go to sleep the EXACT HOUR it runs, and wake up when it ends.
>>
>>46264356
Great Beast Quest has it bad too.

>tfw yuropoors making ok quests you can't read.
>>
>>46257618
>QM Question
Trying to fit QMing into my schedule
>Player Question
Evil MCs
>>
>>46264409
Which Quests have evil MCs?
>>
>>46264428
Lamia Daughter Quest :^)
>>
>>46262124
I don't think it's possible for a drawfag to be anything other than an overall good thing.

I'd kill for a dedicated drawfag in my quest.
>>
>>46264428
Vampire doll quest, if anyone remembers that. Then there's.... Be the BEG?
>>
>>46264428
A Black Comedy Quest
Blatant Fetish Quest
Orc Warlord Quest
I can't remember the name but there was one quest about a former evil overlord regaining his powers by raping chicks
>>
>>46264510
>Orc Warlord Quest
Is this even still running?
>>
>>46264428
Do MCs who probably aren't personally evil but are working with and helping a bunch of evil people count?
>>
>>46264428
Bio-Weapon over on Akun.
>>
>>46264524
The QM has been running some stuff on akun, but says he'll be running more Orc Warlord next week.
>>
>>46264524
Lordy went on a Enteecards spree. He will be returning to his /tg/ quests again this/next week.
>>
>>46264526
Well they'd be Neutral Evil, so yeah.
>>
>>46264565
The MC from Snakecatcher then. He tries to be a good person but the players waifu'd the very first adversary and let her boss them around to the point where they're halfway through helping her conquer their homeland and looking away while she herds humans into literal deathcamps.
>>
>>46264647
Wow. Never expected that from a quest named Snakecatcher. I'm going to have to read it someday.
>>
File: 1438625871235.png (646 KB, 809x716) Image search: [Google]
1438625871235.png
646 KB, 809x716
Remember to always give it your best, QMs! Don't give up and everything will work out!
>>
>>46264873
thanks, Fuji-nee
>>
File: th-thanks anon.gif (999 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
th-thanks anon.gif
999 KB, 500x268
>>46264873
Somehow, my life experience contradicts this. I mean, I'll give it my all anyway, because my honour demands it, but I'm not going to pretend that everything's going to work out just because I've given it my all.

Are you from an anime perchance?

[/spoiler] Even so, your enthusiasm is contagious.
>>
>>46264919
AAAAAAnd I screwed it up. This is why I won't run OFIG today.
>>
>>46264748
The QM is not very good at naming things. It's actually a fantasy quest where snakes are shapeshifting demons and grant wishes when captured.
>>
>>46263301
You're welcome fuckface
>>
>>46258287
>a dice
Autism Senses, tingling!
>>
File: MonsterGirlXCOM.png (710 KB, 1280x1067) Image search: [Google]
MonsterGirlXCOM.png
710 KB, 1280x1067
Here's a pitch: XCOM2 with monster girls.

Lamia is the Ranger.
Centauress is the Grenadier.
Harpy is the Sniper.
Slimegirl is the Support.
(Or something along those lines)

MC is the Commander. More monster girls as you expand squadsize and/or in non-combat roles on the Avenger.

Would you read it?
>>
File: 1380448241371.gif (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1380448241371.gif
31 KB, 250x250
>>46265418
>XCOM
>monstergirls

Ok, this is definitely bait.
>>
>>46265418
No.
>>
>>46265418
Would read it out of morbid curiosity.
>>
>>46264919
>>46264931
LOW ENERGY
O
W

E
N
E
R
G
Y
>>
>>46265418
Read it? I'd bloody write it if I could!

X-Com is Life, Monster-girls are love.
>>
>>46265418

God no.
>>
>>46264428
Ryukuza Quest.
>>
>>46265593
Only in the sense that all lesbians are walking incarnations of sin and treachery.
>>
>>46265607
You mean like all men are walking rape machines?
>>
File: rance.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
rance.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
I want a Rance Quest.
>>
>>46265684
I don't, because I know the players would fuck it up.
>>
>>46265418
Why XCOM2? What does it offer that you couldn't have achieved by just making it a (futuristic?) quest where a monstergirl underground resistance fights to free mankind from puritan catgirls who abuse Man for food and ear scratches but refuse to put out?
>>
>>46265418
Will we ever mostly see the slightly unseen again?
>>
>>46265726

German Hollow Quest 6 is starting now
>>
>>46265684
BFQ was pretty much that, if Rance were a wizard.
>>
>>46265720
Isn't that pretty much the point?
>>
File: tactful.jpg (106 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tactful.jpg
106 KB, 800x600
>>46265684
Don't let them waifufag. When they try, let the MC's inner voice torpedo their efforts to be nice.
>>
>>46265752
Always replace the words "Hug" with "Headpat" with "Rape" in votes.
>>
>>46264873
I will!
>>
>>46264510
>I can't remember the name but there was one quest about a former evil overlord regaining his powers by raping chicks
Wasn't that the one with the scene that was basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_c7SbkGaLk&feature=player_detailpage#t=40

Except with more ninja flipping grannies and fatal stabbing?
>>
>>46262648
Only thing I dislike about the current GoT quest is it's the same thing. Lord of a House doing Lordly things. I'd love to see a mercenary in Essos quest, Kingsguard quest, maybe a Night's Watch or King Beyond the Wall quest.

The setting has so much lore to work with, it's a shame the 4 or 5 long running GoT quests have all been about a Lord and his House.
>>
>>46265727
>(futuristic?) quest where a monstergirl underground resistance fights to free mankind from puritan catgirls who abuse Man for food and ear scratches but refuse to put out

And people would be jumping over themselves to read this, amirite or what?
>>
>>46265418
I've heard bad ideas
Someone once pitched Vaporware Magic girls.
I don't even know what the fuck that means. Neither did the guy who pitched it.

But this?
This has given me brain cancer.
And I love monster girls!
But they have their place in things. And Xcom is not one of them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.