[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, I'm desperate. I've been playing Skitarii/Admech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ad-mech-free-walpaper-354x472.jpg (40 KB, 354x472) Image search: [Google]
ad-mech-free-walpaper-354x472.jpg
40 KB, 354x472
Alright, I'm desperate. I've been playing Skitarii/Admech for a good while now and consistently lose matches. I want to say I'm at least moderately good at the game too so it's not just me being a shitty scrub.

but this army... who thought giving a squishy, expensive army with mid-ranged weapons no transports was a good idea?

Help me Gitgud /tg/. I'm tired of losing with my dream army.

Also Cult Mechanicus General.
>>
Aren't their guns like second after the Tau in killyness?
>>
>>46242293
The problem I've found with them (especially against Tau) is that the army in general medium range. you have to get close to really make effective use of them. The Skitarii having Scout, helps, but often means still having to get out of cover to get your shots.

The only armies I seem to do well against are other Medium ranged armies followed by melee (but who doesn't against melee amirite?)
>>
>>46242325
Just bring war convocation. Problem solved.
>>
>>46242525
I'm leaning towards this (and fielding my warhound more) as my only real options.
>>
>>46242525
>>46242536
Bringing the War Convocation to every game outside a tournament is a pretty asshole thing to do from personal experience. Do you want to be seen in the same light as the Tau/CE players in your local group?

For most competitve (but non-tournament) games I'd suggest the very similar Cohort Mechanicus, which plays very similarly only without the Knight and any videos of the resultant game wouldn't be rated 18+.
>>
>>46242708
that's my only concern. I don't want to be a douche player either (I often make poor decisions if Ive got too big of a lead on someone in a game just to make it more interesting and less of a slaughter) but goddamn I'm tired of spending 2 hours driving every week just to lose.

As for Cohort...I don't have any Fulgurites and they're the one unit that has 0 appeal to me. only issue there.
>>
what units do you field?

If you field Grav-destroyers, the big robots and arc vanguard you can't really go wrong.
>>
>>46242899
maybe I should just stick to those units? the big robots are the only units that don't disappoint me
>>
Wait. An army of largely mechanical infantry (mechanised infantry if you will) doesn't have access to transports? What the fuck?
>>
>>46242264
Play a game where you don't need to choose between getting pissed on every game and choosing an option that makes everyone label you a giant douchenozzle.

I love the setting to death, but any game where the fanbase consistently call out every player of an entire faction on being assholes just for playing the game with the options in their book, or where everyone recognizes that faction X is unplayable is not something you should spend hundreds of dollars on.
>>
>>46243142
I used to have a fairly big group with homerules (expanded on the official ones) to play with. I'm going to brag here and say GW should fucking hire me because they can't make rules worth a damn. Sadly, those days are gone.

I'm not really into TT outside of 40k anyway so just picking a different one isn't an option for me so I just gotta make the best of it.

>>46243087
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
>>
>>46243142
Actually, you know what i'll just go ahead and run faggot lists. if I like the guy i'll just start throwing the match with fun/dumb moves so I'm not just steam rolling them.

there, problem solved. I think that's the attitude to take
>>
>>46243277

>I'm going to brag here
>GW should fucking hire me because they can't make rules worth a damn.

40000eks
>>
>>46243865
Get outta here, Reecius
>>
>>46243926
...sorry.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.