[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Kevin-Siembieda.jpg (32 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Kevin-Siembieda.jpg
32 KB, 300x225
What went wrong?
>>
A poorly written system that was built an a very specific concept. A massive power creep with no concept of balance. A grab bag of random bullshit packaged as a "setting".

Take your pick.
>>
>>46232462
Everything. And lawsuits.
>>
File: Bill Coffin-Development Hell.jpg (233 KB, 1113x1085) Image search: [Google]
Bill Coffin-Development Hell.jpg
233 KB, 1113x1085
>>46232462
Too many San-checks for one games studio

Still have a huge sentimental spot for Rifts, but its fucking crazy like a mad womans house that hoards old newspaper clippings, cats and random bits of junk she's found on the street.
>>
People may forget Palladium was a power house in the 1990s. They were the sole distributor of Robotech VHS tapes and had two licensed RPGs for very popular IPs (TMNT and Robotech). Palladium ads in like every Marvel comic for a few years brought in a lot of gamers myself included.

What happened is they didn't change with the times probally due to their past success. Kevin the sole proprietor runs a literally physical studio and warehouse. That is expensive for a niche product from a publisher with a staff of like 6 that puts out what, 6 books a year?

1. Slow to transition to PDFs and desktop publishing
2. Same layout as 1991, all B&W. They were literally pasting up books till just 10 years ago.no modern color layouts or glossy .paper just the same old 2 column B&W.

3. Kevin is a pain in the ass to work for from what I have heard. Yells, cusses, hard headed. Refuses to delegate editing duties, rewrites and edits everything. I also believe he will die at his post rather then sell off because the company is worth more in his head then in real life.

Number of failed projects like the Nokia N-Gage Rifts game. Rifts movie in development hell.
>>
>>46232562

If you have ever played a game with Kevin he runs games very fast and loose. Makes up rules he doesn't know on the fly keeps the action moving. It's not wrong but it can be annoying to many rules lawyers/sticklers. This disregard for the rules are why they are in such a woefully unorganized hodge podge.

Also OCCs and new weapons (another 4D6 laser rifle) are just page filler.
>>
>>46233962
>People may forget Palladium was a power house in the 1990s.
Relatively speaking. They had already started to piss off the rest of the industry by then, so their isolation was well underway.
>>
>>46233962

>Nokia N-Gage Rifts game

This is like, the most Palladium phrase ever. Everything about it is peak Siembieda.
>>
>>46232462
>What went wrong?

let me put it this way:

if you told kevin siembieda that there was a kalahari bushman living in a mud hut in the serengeti who thought RIFTS(TM) was stupid, kevin would scream "NO HE'S STUPID" and catch the next flight to Africa in order to confront him.

dude takes what complete strangers on the internet say about him way too seriously.
>>
File: 1426512483073.gif (2 MB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
1426512483073.gif
2 MB, 219x186
>>46236384
>RIFTS(TM)
>>
>>46232462
Who is this guy?
>>
>>46239713

Uncle Kevin.
>>
>>46239875
did he died?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.