[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I play Salt & sanctuary. >Get the urge to use it as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: SaltAndSanctuary1920x1080.jpg (87 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
SaltAndSanctuary1920x1080.jpg
87 KB, 1024x576
>I play Salt & sanctuary.
>Get the urge to use it as setting.
>Although there is very little information about it.
>Damn it.
>Fuck urge.
>>
Nice shilling.

Althoug I don't see a problem. Just use your usual Souls series setting (pretty sure there are threads about /tg/ Souls homebrews in the archive) and add some gimmicks from the game.
>>
>>46215606
Welcome to "storytelling" in modern videogames.

I hate to sound like /v/, let alone agree with them on anything, but yeah...
>>
>>46216769
The DS method of storytelling is pretty refreshing, at least to me. I will agree that SaS butchered it slightly with the walls of text in the skill menu, but its pretty fun to try and piece together theories from scraps of lore and the enviroments you find yourself in.

That style even translates pretty well to some RPGs.
>>
>>46217939
It's refreshing until you realize it boils down to the equivalent of a rosarch test. "Lets throw a bunch of shit at the wall and let the players make up our lore for us! Who needs writers?!"
>>
>>46217971
It's pretty obvious that there is common threads there placed by the writers, if you look and notice a large community mostly coming up with the same conclusions you'll see that. The reason DaS storytelling seems so out of place is it's always describing events that happened but you're accustomed to events happening around you.

But if you consider it not a story if it's not spelled out to you by literal talking heads feel free to continue shitting on others without justification.
>>
>>46217971

>>46217939 here, I would agree that sometimes you are left to kind of flounder in your own theories, but its pretty clear from the way in which so many descriptions connect that there is an overarching story somewhere. The only area the 'rosarch test' kicks in is on some outlying edges suchbas character motivations or backstory, but such details are usually filled by the reader.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.