[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tg/ think of Hearthstone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 11
File: LordJaraxxus.png (219 KB, 307x465) Image search: [Google]
LordJaraxxus.png
219 KB, 307x465
What does /tg/ think of Hearthstone?
>>
>>46211878
Mmm, that's one sexy guy right there.
>>
>>46211878
dumbed down mtg. fine really, good for a phone game.
>>
>>46211878
Decent game, played it a bit, liked it, didn't want to have to grind for fucking forever to get enough cards to make more than a generic deck, or heaven forbid, pay fucking money for digital cards.
>>
Spent too much on it
Got bored with it
Dropped it
Never going back.
>>
>>46211939
Does make it a good way to ease someone into learning magic though. It's a lot easier to teach the game to someone who plays Hearthstone.
>>
>>46211898

YOU FACE JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION
>>
>>46211878
>What does /tg/ think of a game where you have literally zero chance for meaningful input during oppo's turn?
I can't speak for all of /tg/, but I find it incredibly dull and wouldn't be surprised if many others did as well.
>>
>>46212072

While I don't like it, I understand why they did it. The "Would you like to respond" spam has been the bane of online TCGs since they became a thing.
>>
too much RNG and gimmick cards. The game is designed to be flashy and easy to pick up and they did a great job.
>>
>>46212050
I rather do it from behind. ;)
>>
>>46211878
it's okay, but it is shit compared to mtg; yet I'd rather pay the $60 every 4 months to stay current HS than the money sink that mtg is.

So it's a wash
>>
>>46212050
JARAXXUS IS...sorry
>>
>>46212135
this. it's not a problem on tabletop, but in electronic form i feel the traps you can set are the best possible option without slowing the game down to a damn crawl.
>>
>>46211878
>Attacker has control rather than blocker.
>Secrets are a good way of buggering with your opponent's turn without breaking the game too badly. (Not to say stuff to free-find them aren't.)
>Ordering is tricky, letting you pick between how you want to control "phases" means that you can choose how to play your entire turn wrong.

A different style of game from MTG, but undoubtedly fun. Still pretty tough to master, and probably gonna get better with time. I can't say I like how much it costs, but it's nice that you can play it budget by just grinding gold (something few other card games have).

Overall, 7/10 now, maybe 8/10 later.
>>
Nothing special, but not a bad game. Still prefer MtG, even on Cockatrice.
>>
>>46211878
I still find the concept of a video game card game odd.
The game has some cool concepts but the current formats are kinda boring.
>>
File: face shaman.gif (998 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
face shaman.gif
998 KB, 500x247
>Shaman only became good when they became cancerous aggro shitters
>No one cared who Paladin was until he put on the Christmas tree

It's like WC3 all over again, all the good people slowly get broken down until they die or become evil
>>
Good when chilling in bed, taking a lengthy shit or on train rides.

The occasional Tavern Brawl and adventure can be fun due to RNG.

Any kind of serious competition and sense of skill progress as a player gets ruined by said RNG fucking you over in situations you would normally win in any other card game.
>>
>>46212854
Its the fundamental flaw of the game.
Because of its dumb down mechanics and how reward works, faster decks are WAY better than slower deck in every way.

So the top decks are always either fast deck or fast combo decks (which is uncounterable due to the dumb down mechanics and had to be removed from the game)
>>
I prefer Runescape Legends.
>>
Healing is completely and ludicrously undervalued. The devs seem to be dead set against anything that involves speeding things up so are constantly nerfing aggro. Heavy RNG cards mean that sometimes you'll win or lose due to no fault of your own.

For a mobile casual game, it's great. As an actual competitive game, kinda crap
>>
>>46212135
What bugs me is that the answer seems so obvious to me. You could have a prompt on the screen similar to the paragon/renegade prompts in Mass Effect 2&3, and the player has the duration of the card animation to declare an interrupt by pressing the appropriate button.

I got the most recent Yu Gi Oh, and haven't done much with it because this shit is so goddamn annoying.
>>
>>46211878
Its...Decent, honestly. Yea its silly, yes its full of rng bullshit. But its just difficult enough to keep my attention on the train or buss.

As for online card games, has /tg/ heard of spellweaver?
>>
Better cards means better deck. No interaction and the chat options are horrid. You can do six different pre-scripted pieces of dialog as the entirety of the interaction between two players. Besides that it's just completely luck based on:
>If you finally get that one rare in the expensive card packs
>If you draw any cards that you can actually play before turn 4 or 5
>If the casual matchup puts you against someone with a completely synergetic deck that wipes the floor with you on turn 4 with nothing you can do to counteract.
>>
>>46213223
except that the best decks in the game are all midrange
>>
>>46213544
Ye, I did. and I don't know why but I got the impression that the AI always have a counter to whatever I do.
shit is beyond frustrating.
may I be doing something wrong?
Should I try to focus into get more packs or to unlock the other factions first?
>>
>>46213372
I'm a Solforge man myself. Yea there's no interaction on other players turns but I like the level up mechanic and how the game is designed around the cards changing as you use them.
>>
>>46213615
Well, you get a free faction unlock every five levels. So the first few will be quite fast so packs are a better bet. And once you have unlocked a few factions the (rather generous) quests will have you swimming in currency
>>
>>46212135
>>46212349
Even in tabletop tcgs it's kind of cancer, you're just more used to it. I've recently been playing Wixoss, and it feels so nice not to have to pause after every fucking action to see if my opponent wishes to respond. You can restrict instants to specific small windows on your opponent's turn and still end up with plenty of interaction. Having played both ways, I honestly prefer the way Wixoss goes about it, as opposed to the 'stop after literally everything' mtg and yugioh has in place.
Autism note: literally does not include playing lands and mana abilities.

>>46213493
>duration of the card animation
>having card animations at all
What kind of cancer is this?
>>
>>46213650
>remember the boss fights
nopenopenopenope

I haven't played Solforge in a time. they have released a new set or the game is in life support (and dead)?
>>
>>46211878
>>>/v/
>>
>>46212915
>>46213413
The issues with RNG are what pretty quickly turned me away from Hearthstone. Compared to games like MTG or YGO, Hearthstone doesn't seems to give players much control over the content of their hand. They let you draw cards, but that's the bulk of it. In contrast, YGO is practically a 1-turn game.

It was hard for me to understand the appeal of the game after enough times seeing myself and other players lose matches purely because of bad luck. Any major skill components felt utterly dwarfed by the RNG.
>>
Very well presented and a digital card game offers some neat options over physical (copies of cards, pulling random cards etc).

RNG can be a bit too game defining, balance seems all over the place and it's a bit simple, though it is more than fine for what it is.
>>
>>46213670
well...shit. I have to start to earn some money to get bosters now.

every game have their hot cards. in spellweaver what is the card that most frecuently appears in duels? or what is the faction that is hitting the tables more hard than the rest?
>>
>>46213758
there working on a full UI overhaul but I have no idea when its supposed to drop.
>>
>>46213569
After the fast Combo deck are killed off by blizzard.

And while we call them midrange, they are still very fast decks that focus on face smashing as much as you can get away with.
>>
>>46213884
Well, Spellweaver is more about two-faction combo's. But I will say that the most versatile single-colour faction is dominion, because Cataclysm (boardwide clear), Helm of Dominion (steal an enemy) and the worst offender in the game: Powerlust incarnate (Damage/hp = to your mana)

Note that dominion is weak against spells (so, Wisdom) and artifacts (So, wisdom). But that goes for just about everyone else, since spell/artifact removal is rare and heavy spells/artifacts are not used outside of very specific decks
>>
>>46214373
Tell how how fucked I'm as my initial decisions.
>I tried to unlock the starter decks first
>I have in my possesion Order,Rage and Wisdom decks.
>I have no plans to get Wild deck because FUCK ELVES
>and my level is not even close of the double digit.
and the last one is that I haven't much time to play because reasons.I know I'm not in a point where I should regret everything but man the lack of cards sure is starting to hitting me.
>>
>>46214479
You can do some pretty funny things with Rage/wisdom honestly.

The big player in that is Thau-something-ick reactor (lets you play a spell you've already played that turn for free) and Burning Rage (whenever you cast a rage spell, draw a card) and rush/burn the other guy, supported by wisdoms very excellent draw cards.
Oh, and Dragon fire. Dont forget Dragon Fire
>>
>>46214479
Oh, mono order soldiers is not bad at all, especially with Hermilion.

But even if you dont plan to use a deck, unlock it so you can get quests there and thus more currency and thusly more packs for just playing the game
>>
>>46213493

>what is lag.
>>
>>46214588
>>46214632
I gotta be honest the first thing I did when I got into the game was to unlock the rage deck and holy hell I felt every single drop of rage I could manage at that point because the bullshit IA. let's say I was feeling and living the teachings of the faction.

okay here I have a few hints to take into account.
question is viable try to go for the 40 lives goal or is better to try the olde murder your rival thing at the moment?
>>
>>46211878
>Activision-Blizzard

Stop anon, you're better than this.
>>
>>46211878
Hearthstone is great. It taught me a lot about tempo and card advantage. Its UI is very convenient. I was able to learn as much as I did because I could log hours while lying in bed. I wish MODO had a smartphone-usable interface so I could learn about Magic directly instead of trying to port insights from other games.
>>
>>46214782
Depends entirely on your deck. Order can do overhealing, so can dominion splashes with Vampirism (when your minions do damage they heal you). For everyone else healing is kind of limited.
>>
>>46213752
never heard of it, but i'll give it a look.

also, lands are replaced with mana gain per turn and colors with classes. dumbed down mtg is still pretty accurate if you look at it that way.
>>
>>46215314
Wixoss is japanese only, and pretty waifu-ish, which I know turns off a lot of people here. Mechanically it's a very well made tcg, and there is a solid english language 'ygopro' type simulator at Webxoss.

As for hearthstone, my impression of it is something that knows what it wants to do and does it well, although approaching it competitively sounds like a recipe for frustration. Although I still have problems with an mtg style mana system, as it feels done to death, and has flaws evident in mtg that have never really been resolved, especially how it focuses the usable card pool almost exclusively on 1 and 2 cost spells.
>>
>>46212016
This is just because it's gotten them to think about things like a battlefield, life totals, etc. It's actually worse in many ways because of the unlearning they have to do.
>>
If you try hearthstone competitively you're going to have a bad time. What I think makes it fun is all the random effects that can happen, such as summoning random minions or discovering a card. Plus the combos you can make with emperor thaurussian gives me endless fun/deck ideas.
>>
File: 94c9ff7e.png (299 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
94c9ff7e.png
299 KB, 400x543
Post em
>>
Best game in the world. Honest.
>>
Too much RNG and grindfest for me. Visuals are nice at least, but feels too much like a dumbed down MtG. I don't want to start a shitstorm, but for me, HS is for MtG what LoL is for DotA.
>>
>>46219975
I'll post my shitty GvG era OC
>>
File: Endgame.png (407 KB, 400x563) Image search: [Google]
Endgame.png
407 KB, 400x563
>>46220273
aand I fucked up
>>
>>46219975
Related question. When Hunter uses misdirection, why the fuck, if it makes your creature attack your hero while you have a weapon equipped, does it deal weapon damage to the creature?
>>
File: 66beedde.png (332 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
66beedde.png
332 KB, 400x543
>>46219975
>>
File: Ultraxion.png (637 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
Ultraxion.png
637 KB, 400x573
>>46220310
Shitty picture,because no ultraxion art whatsoever
>>
>>46212854
>mfw i played muloc paladin before GVG
everyone calls me a shitter now
>>
I've been playing since beta and I'm happy with the cards I have.
I also refuse to play to the meta and am too lazy to ladder seriously. I have fun with my shitty gimmick deck that wins far more often than is reasonable and absolutely brutalises one of the most irritating decks around, freeze mage.
>>
>>46211878

I think they did some clever implementation, and othey did a good thing by building around the fact that is digital, permitting effect that won't be possible in a TCG
>>
>>46211878

It's a pretty good game. I currently have over 500 ranked wins with my mage deck (meaning I have the golden cover for my mage), and on any given day usually have a win:loss ratio of 60:40

Here's my deck listing if anyone wants to compare/critique

(Mage-Restricted Cards)
>2x Arcane Missiles
>2x Mana Wyrm
>2x Unstable Portal
>2x Frostbolt
>2x Flamewalker
>2x Mirror Entity
>1x Counterspell
>1x Arcane Intellect
>1x Polymorph
>1x Echo of Medivh
>2x Fireball
>2x Flamestrike
>1x Pyroblast

(Neutral-Aligned Cards)
>2x Mad Scientist
>1x Antique Healbot
>2x Azure Drake
>1x Big Game Hunter
>1x Harrison Jones (absolutely devastating against warriors, rogues, paladins, and doomhammer shamans)
>1x Emperor Thaurissan
>1x Dr. Boom

Strategy:
>Try to get either mana wyrm or mad scientist out by turn 1.
>Set up a mirror entity or counterspell on turn 3 to halt enemy progress, or on turn 2 if I have The Coin.
>Take care of any early enemy agro with flamewalker/arcane missile combo on round 4, or frostbolt on round 2 if they're deploying too quickly
>followed up by azure drake on round five.
>everything after round 6 is unpredictable if the enemy hasn't already ragequit, but usually involves hilarious abuse of Echo of Medivh, Emperor Thaurissan, or Dr. Boom
>apply flamestrikes liberally

What do you guys think?
>>
>>46211915
I'd agree but my phone can't run it, so it's just a kinda shitty ccg to me.
>>
as a phone game I prefer Mabinogi Duel. also they released the Set 3 just a while ago.
>>
a missed opportunity.

could have been a good online TCG, ruined by blizzards ineptitude and greed

now it's merely mediocre
>>
>>46213493
They do that in MtG Duels. But responding is too important in real MTGO online that having there be a real time element is a bad idea.
>>
>>46220332
Weapons give your hero attack. Just, as a whole. The only reason you don't murder all your opponent's dudes that hit your face is because you sheathe it during your opponent's turn. The animation shows that.

Sadly, misdirection is the only time it comes up, because I honestly think it would be cool to mess with as a mechanic. Like a sword that stays unsheathed always. Or a Druid card that gives you attack when something triggers, even on your opponent's turn.
>>
okay hearthstone is too simple. but what about HEX? shit is basically a clone of MtG.
>>
>>46211878
Let me put it to you this way: I'm more interested in Whispers of the Old Gods spoilers than I am about Shadows over Innistrad spoilers.

>>46220571
>what do you guys think?
I'd cut Dr. Balanced for Antonidus, and maybe try to fit in some Piloted Shredders and Sorcerer's Apprentices. Not sure if Harrison and BGH are that useful in the current meta.
>>
>>46220882
I play it once, I couldn't get over the slow Duels style interface. Like, Duels has more responsive interface.

Honestly, I'm fine with MTG 2. I don't need much. I love MTG. Even shit MTG is okay by me.

Have you guys tried Epic? Not digital but it is MTG where everything costs 1 or 0. I think it is called Epic...
>>
>>46220964
>mtg where everything costs 1 or 0
yes, I've tried yugioh before.
>>
File: Sacrificial_Pact(348).png (158 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
Sacrificial_Pact(348).png
158 KB, 286x395
>>46211898
>Mmm, that's one sexy guy right there.
your husband dies to removal
>>
>>46220964
when was the last time you've played?

also I heard about Epic but I think is eh...
nothing against the game I heard is really good in a draft style game. constructed is another thing.
>>
>>46211878
It's not as good as MtG, but it's by no means bad, it just gets old.
>>
>>46220878
Huh; I've noticed the animation but never given it much thought. Just thought it was for prettying up the screen. Interesting.
>>
>>46220791
all TCGs are cash-grabs. That's why you should only play them casually, and Hearthstone has a great casual scene (thank god for Tavern Brawl).
>>
There are some things I really like about it. I dislike how much you need to grind to get a decent deck, problematic cards and so on.

I'd probably quit (like most of my friends), if it wouldn't be for standard play, Blizzard doing promo with three free packs and guaranteed C'thun legendary.

If you're f2p player, don't get into the game right now. You'll only get stomped by hardcore grinders with netdecks, wait for standard format to go live. Otherwise the game is nice way to waste some time, especially with a good brawl, where you can experiment with cards you don't have (not that there was a good one in a month).
>>
>>46221071
>Companies make games to make money

Stop the fucking presses
>>
>>46211878
Lots of people play it so I guess it has done something right.

I've played only a bit but it wasn't bad.
>>
>>46221005
It was a while ago, I'll admit. I should give it another try. Is it on phones yet?

>>46221035
HS actually has a lot of potential for neat mechanics. Which is why the fact that the best cards are glorified vanilla creatures and piles of stats is so sad.
>>
>>46221071
and this was a chance to make one that breaks that formula, if nothing else it could atleast be a pay to not grind game but even that is impossible if you want to play the least bit seriously

they had the opportunity and they missed it
>>
>>46221543
>It was a while ago, I'll admit. I should give it another try. Is it on phones yet?
no, I think was not planned to be on phones. what is new is that they finally released the single player campaign and they soon expect to release set 4 since they know now how shit works so they expect to release more content faster.

there it was a visual overhaul. and now during the campain you get to see all sorts of new "tables" to play
>>
>>46211878
It's okay. The Tavern Brawl is generally the best thing about it.
>>
>>46220993
Y-you bastard! ;_;
>>
>>46222431
At least you've still got Rag. For just 1/5 of your max mana, he might kills something eventually! And he makes your max health a nice round 8 instead of that pesky 30.
>>
>>46222458

I think you're confusing the card effects of Executus and Rag.
>>
>>46211878
>>46212016

I've played it since beta and not spent any money on it. I really enjoy it.

I don't think it's a better game than MtG, but guess which one I've played 3000+ games of. Pro tip, it's not mtg. Matchmaking is good, rewards from grinding ladder are good, I like the quest system and the mix of adventures/booster expansions and It just plays really smoothly without much hassle, which is not something that can be said for a lot of other CCG glients.

If you haven't gotten started playing it already, it's not a good time to get into it, if you wait until summer the Standard format will be alive and kicking so new players don't have as much of an uphill battle to get cards.

Right now, unless you want to spend real cash on it, you're gonna have to grind for hours every day for like two months before you've even unlocked all the non-boosterpack cards.

The main gripe people seem to have with it is that there's a lot of rng, which is true, on the other hand there's no random distribution of resources. Yes, some times you lose in totally unfair ways to crazy unlikely events or poor draws, but on the other hand you'll never lose a game because you drew no lands or too many lands.

Also, it has a pretty good free to play model compared to most games. The only things you can't grind for are cosmetic and the random weekly brawl often gives you a random deck or special deck to play, so even if you're 100% new and have no cards, you can still often complete the gold reward quests or just grind some games.
>>
>>46220571
I probably wouldn't run mirror entity in that deck, and 2 flamestrike seems like a lot. I'd probably try to squeeze in flame cannon and apprentice.

Also, wow, pyroblast from the past, how's that working out for you? I can't really see why you'd run pyroblast over antonidas, especially when reno jackson and shit like that are a thing. Do you get a lot of surprise factor out of it?
>>
>>46223394
What rank do you usually play the most games at?
>>
>>46211878
It's a fun game, I got into it half a year ago and play it off and on.

I've gotten a lot of packs, but I have yet to get a single legendary. I mean if it gave me just one legendary, just a single one, I would build my entire deck around it.

My only complaint about the game is I can't win in ranked because of this. My win-loss ratio is about 4:6, maybe a bit worse. I can't stand against legendarys and it seems once you get past ranked 18 it's a minimum of 3 Legendarys a deck. Emperor Thaurissan makes lose often, and that one card that restores your health to max if you have only 1 of every card is a deathbell for my two best decks (Heal deck and paly rush).

New players are punished, but it's fun. I won't be playing it anymore though, I got burnt from a 3 loss streak against some crazy shit related to legendary builds.

My best deck: (Sorted by mana)

Silence
Holy Smite
Inner Fire
Light of the Naaru
Power Word: Shield
Northshire Cleric (2)
Divine Spirit
Dlame Juggler
Lightwell
Loot Hoarder
Shadowboxer
Shadow Word: Death
Velen's Chosen
Ironforge Rifleman
Shattered Sun Cleric
Woldrider
Mindgames
Burly Rockjaw Trogg
Holy Champion
Lightspawn
Mogu'shan Warden
Sen'jin Shielfmasta
Booty Bay Bodyguard
Pit Fighter
Stormpike COmmando
Lord of the Aerna
Temple Enforcer
Core Hound
Sea Giant
>>
>>46226478
>I mean if it gave me just one legendary, just a single one, I would build my entire deck around it.

the new expansion will give you a free legendary
>>
>>46227084
And it will be literally used as something to create deck around.
Looks like you got luck anon
>>
>>46227084
...which is useless unless you have the right cards. Heck, it might still be useless even if you have the cards.
>>
>>46227883
>Waaa, I need to get cards in a collectible card game, it's so unfair.
>>
>>46227883
actually it is the legendary plus two commons for free. And the other ones c'thun related cards won't be expensive to craft.
>>
>>46226478
If you ever decide to make another go at it, wait until standard evens the playing field a bit and then make some changes.

I'd recommend stop trying to make divine spirit/inner fire combo work and just go for midrange with some basic solid minions but if you're committed then at least replace Core Hound, Rifleman, Commando, Lord of the Arena, and Booty Bay Bodyguard, they're dreadful regardless of your archetype.
>>
>>46227084
>>46227859

Really? That's all I need to go on.

April or May then. Thanks.

>>46227883
I'll try my luck.
>>
>>46228008
Agreed that those cards are holding me back, but I like the flexibility with Rifleman. Thanks, I'll look into it. Divine Spirit/inner fire requires a lot of early draw luck to pull off, but when it works it works well. Until a silence is thrown, which I try to bait with Lightwell + Northshire Cleric/Holy Champion. Usually it comes out at 6 mana.

Midrange is hard with no strong Midrange cards. I'm afraid of getting out midranged, and without any of the dragons or a good legendary to hold a theme lategame is a no go. I've been focusing entirely on a strong start. I'll take another look when the expansion comes around.
>>
>>46220993
Can you hit Jarraxus with a removal? I thought he counted as a player rather than a demon once he's on the field.

He's also my only legendary.
>>
When the expansion comes out I just want to make a deck around using gang up on C'Thun
>>
I have a priest deck based around Malygos, Prophet Velen, Justicar Trueheart, Auchenai Soul Priest and a bunch of damage spells. Its not good but the damage you can do in one turn is hilarious.
>>
>>46228596
Oyy boy, a favorite was when a mage thought he had one up on me. He had two minions out and I had the health, he stole a class card and laughed. then changed to Jaraxxus, putting us even on health and saving himself.

I said sorry three times and ended the game instantly with the Sacraficial Pact idling around in my hand. I didn't even know you could do it until I tried.

TLDR: Yeah, he counts as a demon.
>>
File: nzoth.png (342 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
nzoth.png
342 KB, 400x573
Out of the way motherfuckers, Old Gods coming through. So now that we've seen Cthun and Nzoth and have confirmed that the Old God 'theme' is that they're 10 mana cards you build a deck around, what do you think Yshaarj and Yogg-Saron will be?
>>
>>46228596
Jaraxxus can be hit by any removal that doesn't specify 'minion.' Since he keeps his 'demon' tag when he becomes your hero, he can still be killed by Sacrificial Pact.
>>
File: yogg.png (354 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
yogg.png
354 KB, 400x573
>>46228706
dunno, will be neat to see
but this xpac better have some stall cards so you actually make it to 10 mana

saw this yogg floating around before, may be relevant
>>
>>46213752
>People actually play Wixoss
>>
>>46212854
this is why i like yugioh
it embraces the cancer.
>>
>>46228706
They already fucked it up, that effect is more suited to Yogg.

C'thun = madness
N'zoth = dreams
Yogg-Saron = death
Y'Sharrj = pandas
>>
>>46211878
It's great casual fun.

Except when you're one turn away from winning and the game DCs, kicking you out. That's real fucking frustrating.
>>
I have played Heartstone until I faced too many Priest player. I tried to tolerance the priest deck but by God... they are too unfun to play against...
>>
I'm pretty happy that they're adding four 10 mana 'you win the game' cards because Fatigue Decks need to be destroyed.
>>
>>46211878

It's like Magic but cheaper, more balanced and easier to play at all hours of the day. Naturally most of /tg/ seems to hate it, because /tg/ never likes great things.
>>
I'm going to try and make a deck around Renounce Darkness. Maybe Cthun-lock since you try to win with the neutrals anyway?
>>
>>46228922

Both of the gods spoiled so far are amazing control finishers but no more of a problem for fatigue decks than any other finisher. Besides we already have a counter to mill, it's called combo. Throw together an anyfin deck if you're having that much trouble against them (although honestly I'd welcome some fatigue games, all I ever hit on ladder are secret paladin, druid and face shaman).
>>
>>46228706
Might be a good time to attempt controladin again. Cairne, Tirion and Sylvannas would be great for this card. Probably take out Ysera because she takes too long to generate value. Hopefully 3 more good control deathrattle minions will be added to replace Naxx and GvG deathrattle cards being phased out.

Though the loss of minibot, coghammer, and muster will probably fuck the Paladin's early game too much to make the class viable. Stand against darkness and forbidden healing ain't gonna help shit.
>>
>>46229095
Anyfin won't be nearly as cancerous in Standard Old Murk-eye isn't rotating in so the 6 card combo (both bluegills, both warleaders and both anyfins) does a total of 12 damage first time around and 32 or 30 damage the second. So it can't just punch past taunt walls, warrior armour, or iceblocks anymore
>>
>>46229397

It's not even cancerous now, I barely see anyone playing it. Didn't realize you were talking about standard though so yeah that isn't very relevant, although you probably won't need much to beat mill in standard anyway. Healbot rotating out is a death sentence for gang up rogue, it means they'll come just as close to killing themselves as you except you'll be the one actually putting good threats onto the board. Mill druid could maybe stay quite potent since it doesn't lose as much but that's another thing that nobody plays so again not worth building against.
>>
>>46229517
For the record I said Fatigue decks, not Mill decks. Mill decks will remain a fucking joke as always.
>>
>>46211915
I'd get it on my phone if the filesize wasn't fuckhuge.
>>
>>46229575

Fatigue IS mill, stop misusing terms. Milling in CCGs has always been the strategy of emptying your opponent's deck so that they lose the game. It has absolutely nothing to do with ripping cards, that's a nice potential upside and nothing more.
>>
>>46229646
You clearly don't know what I'm talking about or you wouldn't have used Druid and Rogue as examples when I asked about fatigue decks. The pre-eminent fatigue decks are Warrior and Priest.
>>
>>46229668

Mill druid and gang up rogue both win through fatigue, they are fatigue decks. Other classes can play fatigue but that doesn't stop druid and rogue from also being fatigue you dunce.
>>
>>46229646
No it isn't

Mill is about having your opponent run out of cards in their deck

Fatigue is about outlasting all your opponents threats

They are similar decks in how the game ends but they play it entirely different namely in that fatigue just runs stalls, removal, and healing to wait out the opponent while mill plays cards with the goal of the opponent running out.
>>
>>46229723

Those are the same thing though, you don't need two different categories. "Fatigue" can cover a variety of approaches for the same reason that we don't have fifty subsets of control or aggro archetypes. Pursuing a strategy in a slightly different way doesn't mean you're pioneering a brand new archetype, there's a point at which further distinction in terms clouds discussion rather than clarifies.
>>
Also I just want to point out that this all started because >>46228922 apparently can't beat other control decks with their control deck. You don't need bigger finishers to do, you just need to get better at evaluating how to spend your removal and when to time your threats. Stop worrying about definitions and maybe try just learning to be better control player.
>>
>>46229818
They play fairly differently though. Mill decks like Druid or Rogue are making an active attempt to mill somebody out with cards like Naturalize or Coldlight.

Fatigue decks on the other hand are the furthest natural point on the control spectrum where they run no threats and instead simply control the board until their opponents die on their own.
>>
>>46229859
Fatigue is honestly one of the worst possible matchups for control since control isn't allowed to use any of his draw cards and fatigue will just remove every threat as it appears on the board.

Honestly though N'zoth is great counter to fatigue and other control decks assuming it isn't mage since fatigue mage does not give a fuck about board state past turn 6.
>>
>>46229859
Except that Fatigue decks are naturally favoured vs other Control decks because they're greedier and control better than you while also disabling your draw cards.
>>
spellweaver anon you still here?
>>
>>46229951
>>46230000

You shouldn't be running so many sources of draw that it becomes a liability, just float a couple dead cards and you should be fine. Remember that they can't draw either and you have all the time in the world to find things you need.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.