[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could a good Black/White and Red/Blue faction look like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
How could a good Black/White and Red/Blue faction look like?
>>
Why couldn't it?
>>
>Black/White

Aristocracy that goes full-on noblesse oblige and does anything to keep itself in power because only they can provide prosperity to the common folk.
>>
>Black/White

Enlightened Self-Interest.
Making the world better overall is viable long term strategy for bettering your own life. Creating goodwill and indebting people to you because of your generosity and hard work can be a powerful resource if you cultivate it.

>Red/Blue

Part of Blue's domain is the pursuit of perfection. This often comes off as cold and mechanical, but paired with the passion and empathy of Red, it can become an attempt to create a utopian, forward thinking society.
>>
>>46183584
>good Black/White
Just go the opposite of the Orzhov guild.
Instead of
>rules lawyering everything (perfectly legally) to further your own selfish gains
just
>follow a strict moral code that is ultimately 'good' but breaks rules to do so

Basically, Batman
>>
>>46183877
That's White/Red.
>>
>>46183858
That Red/Blue screams Phyrexia
>>
>>46183921
I'm thinking more "crystal spires and togas" future society.
>>
>>46183921
Red is the least Phyrexian color though. They'd still believe in the human element.

Basically, you just get an Izzet that is focusing more on useful public works programs rather than impractical research.
>>
>>46183584
Sorin helps the greater population, but for generally selfish reasons. He helped seal away the eldrazi, not because he wanted to save people, but because they could have eventually destroyed his home plane where he lived. He created Avacyn not because he wanted to protect human lives, but because he survives off humans and if all humans are killed the vampires will have no food source and die. That's how a faction would work.
>>
What would be an example of a good Black/Green faction? Closest example I could come up with are environmental extremists, but I wouldn't necessarily call them good.
>>
>>46183858
I know this is a stupid question, but could White/Black be the colors of Vetinari?
Back when I was a custom cards fag I did a few Discworld ones and I just couldn't decide his color(s).
>>
>>46184093
Survivalist.
Overall well-intentioned, but they can't/don't want to keep up with those they see as weak.
>>
>>46184100
Yeah, probably. You could argue Blue somehow but I think Black/White is sufficient.
>>
>>46184100
Easily.
An benevolent dictator is very much an archetypal Black/White character type.
>>
>>46184100
Probably black/blue/white.
>>
>>46184093
Golgari? I mean, they have their cans of worms and skeletons in the closet (in 90% of cases, literally), but they serve important public function and don't really screw people over as much as others.
>>
>>46184093
In terms of story protagonist, a faction of scavenger types who have to make hard or amoral decisions based on the necessity of their harsh environment.
>>
>>46184001
actually his 'selfish' motivations were just pretext.

he really actually does give a shit about the stupid simple people, he hides his over-bearing empathy for the unwashed masses struggling to survive behind his snarky vampiric ideals.

Sorin is a man of contridictions, external.. and internal, afterall, he could have killed Nissa for what she did, but felt pity due to her motivations.
>>
>>46184815
so he's Tsundere
>"I-it's not like I like your Mortals or anything!, KYAAAH, I made you this Avacyn, baka"
>>
>>46183584
>what is Orzhof and Izzet
>>
Depending on your idea of 'Good' but Red/Blue (With a creature focus on Rogues) is what I put Revolutionaries in a custom set I'm tinkering with on and off.

Red for the passion they have, Blue for the ideas and plans for the future as well as the secrecy they are working under.
>>
File: bladee.jpg (69 KB, 891x613) Image search: [Google]
bladee.jpg
69 KB, 891x613
I've been working on a B/W faction for a worldbuilding game, in essence the land is royally fucked by monsters and ghosts, the only way people can survive is living under the protection of the church, who work by raising lots of zombies, spirits and priestly werewolves, in addition to hordes of human soldiers, to defend the population.

(It also has a strong Irish Catholic theme because I wanted to involve my father)

Innistrad meets Orzhov desu
>>
File: Vicar.gif (1 MB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
Vicar.gif
1 MB, 400x302
>>46187261
>priestly werewolves
>>
>>46187300
I-I'm so confused senpai

I havn't played bloodborne, I assume I'm missing something.
>>
File: Vicar-Amelia-970x545[1].jpg (116 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Vicar-Amelia-970x545[1].jpg
116 KB, 970x545
>>46187968
This is the vicar of a healing church
>>
File: enchantment.jpg (102 KB, 1024x663) Image search: [Google]
enchantment.jpg
102 KB, 1024x663
>>46188019
Well if he fights the good fight...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>46187300
There is even a Boss who fights like that.
>>
>>46183584
Black's philosophy is "power, at any cost" and White's is "the needs of the community outweigh the needs of the individual" so something like >>46187261, where people get power through questionable for the purpose of guarding the community.
>>
>>46183584
It can't any more. Moral ambiguity and nuance aren't testing well with our newest players, so we're making black and red the evil colors and white, blue, and green the good colors going forward.

Expect an interesting plot with Chandara to reflect this!
>>
>>46190368
>white is good
>black is evil
DAS RAYCISS
>>
>>46183584
>Black/White
Nazis or an Inquisition. The environment and BBEG need to be deadly enough to justify the harsh means they go to in uniting and controlling their flock.

>Red/Blue
Isn't Izzet mostly good? Some kind of engineering organization that's either arming the populace against some kind of BBEG or combating it themselves.
>>
>>46183921
>Phyrexia

You mean Ravnica?
>>
Sorin basically already covers that. You're basically looking at Orzhov but less dickish. Aristocratic ruling class that ultimately cares about the needs of society and believes no one else is qualified to rule.

It's far mar challenging to make someone pure black but heroic. Hell, even in Sorin's case the white came after they decided to expand on his character and change him from a hedonistic thrill seeker and he's been stuck with it since.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.