[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LoL Lore General /LoLlg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: aurelion sol gif.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
aurelion sol gif.gif
1 MB, 500x281
Heya /tg/! I frequent these boards but I'm not sure if this would fit here. Is it possible to have a League of Legends lore/art thread? Is there enough interest, and is it against the rules or not?

I guess this isn't against the rules, since there is an elder scrolls general here too, and not on /v/.

For those interested, what is your opinion on the new WIP lore for faggy draggy? (Used to make universes n shit, but then space beans came and enslaved him)
>>
File: bilgewater west gate.png (613 KB, 810x431) Image search: [Google]
bilgewater west gate.png
613 KB, 810x431
Bumping this up with league art
>>
File: VFVmhCh.jpg (45 KB, 960x416) Image search: [Google]
VFVmhCh.jpg
45 KB, 960x416
>>46182515
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>>46181991
>I guess this isn't against the rules, since there is an elder scrolls general here too, and not on /v/.

TES began life as a tabletop setting which was made into a video game; also there are fan-made tabletop wargames and RPGs which are discussed in those threads.
LoL is just a straight video game, I think you're better off going to /v/ even though /v/ is terrible.
>>
>>46181991
First of all, LoL is not /tg/ material, and thus its lore also isn't by extension. Elder Scrolls is a RPG series, which is the defining difference.

Second, I would gladly talk LoL lore with you, if not for the fact that they fucking fired the actually good lore team several years ago, some of which were really cool people that I've known and played games with.

They then cancelled the Journal of Justice and started butchering the old lore seven ways to Sunday, writing in ridiculous new shit that didn't fit in with the original stuff one bit.

A shame. It was an amazing setting with massive potential.
>>
>>46181991
LoL lore died with Journal of Justice and was desecrated with the Freljord rework. Has been a corpse filled with piss since then.
>>
Nothing really to talk about anymore. They fucked up their lore to make every gimmicky character they could. Seriously, I think almost all the fantasy cliche are in this game.
>>
>>46181991
Sorry but there is not enough material to sustain a LoL Lore General
I would love one but it's just not possible
>>
I know something we can do. Describing characters by their lore and others try to guess. Shouldn't be that hard

>Muh lonely warrior in search of revenge
>Chaotic neutral so random
>Big guy acting like a big brother
>Edgy assassin
>Monster from another plane with an eating disorder
>Seductive femme fatale
>>
>>46183184
>Riven
>Bard?
>Wouldn't know
>Zed
>Cho mama
>Katarina
>>
File: duplicate feel.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
duplicate feel.png
30 KB, 400x400
>>46182979
>>46183045
>>46183067
Let's just have a moment of silence for the old lore team and all the cool things we could have had if they stayed.

They even had a few roleplaying events where lore-interested players could experience the events in the lore in 'babby's first freeform forum RP' format, and were thinking of an actual RPG system, which could have actually made LoL /tg/ material.

My character was in one of those events at the scene of the magical accident where Maokai was born.

Fuck.
>>
>>46183280
Funny thing, the lore is so vague it could be a lot of char

>Riven, Yasuo
>Jinx Shaco Bard
>Braum Zac
>Zed, Talon
>Kog, Cho, Kha, Tahm
>Katarina, Cassio, MF maybe?

>>46183332
Hey, that could have been neat. But e-sport was too much money to do anything else. What a waste...
>>
File: Ionia_landscape.jpg (240 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ionia_landscape.jpg
240 KB, 1280x720
>>46183332
Holy fuck they did this? This sounds cool as shit, especially for such a big game (though they would probably be smaller then, when was this). Now I have nostalgia for something I never experienced.

Something good about the new lore team is that they definitely upped the art of both the champions and the environments, and they have recently started with this "moving, interactive lore" (see gangplank event among others, he even changed his character- and ingame art twice this time, and a helluvalot of new skins were added), which I really like.
>>
File: dianagoddessmoon.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dianagoddessmoon.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>46183531
Also, to expand to this, the new vids they make to tease champions are incredibly awesome too. I love how they mix all kinds of styles, just like there's all kinds of different characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8iSobsKTY (Anime-esque)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKnM6Hh5gOg (Story told with came glasswork)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyb2KC-q7ls (different frames with moving parts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9RM4HwwoKs (story read from a book)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB1XvMyEBNA (3d animation)

Also, their music is lovely
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.