[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3D&T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 17
File: 3DnT.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
3DnT.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So, last night I posted a thread about people's favorite systems, and this game came up. I'd never heard of it, as it's never been in English. So, I've started the translation process. Check it out.

Notes:
This is ver 0.1. I just fed the text Google and pasted into a doc. A lot of the language is obtuse, and in some places kind of funny. The next step is working through the document and cleaning up the language

This game is written with the assumption you have never touched a roleplaying game before.

This is the simplified, or "fastplay," of the game. Even the main game would be considered rules light, and this is rules-lighter.

Aside from the cover I made, there is no art, and the document isn't pretty, that's couple steps from now.
>>
>>46172467
If people are interested in the story of how this game came to be:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D%26T

Also, if anyone has access to scans of the main rulebook or any of these Capcom based supplements they would be willing to share, I would really appreciate.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080712084200/http://www.dragaobrasil.com.br/3d&t/titulos.htm
>>
This is great! I was wondering if there was anyone out there still working on an English translation of this.
By the way, is this translated from just "3D&T", or "3D&T Alpha"?
>>
>>46174914
3D&T Fastplay, which is the simplified version of 3D&T.

I have a line on the Alpha game.
>>
>>46172467
I do like the bit on gaining experience points.
>>
I think my favorite translator gaff is the last line of the NPC explanation.
>>
Alpha is the newest line. The basic pdf is free.
>>
>>46176468
Indeed. The basic pdf is free on Jambo's online store. If interested, I can guide you through the store so you can get your free copy (Brazilian, here).
>>
3D&T is the brazillian favorite.
It's based as fuck if you ask me. My first adventure was in this system in the world of Arton.
You are doing a great job anon.
>>
So, who is going to upload Tormenta Alpha that came out this last week?
>>
>>46176581
Can't wait for Tormenta Alpha, i want to GM this so bad
>>
>>46176504
If it's free, there should be any problem posting it, even if you're not down with piracy. But, if you're not comfortable with that, post a link and instructions and see if I can figure it out.
>>
>>46172467
Using that weblink of yours...consider this spread.

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

1 - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZUopHZqotGK3JGUDyr0qbzWXkombPNc0VX
2 - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZqopHZIncH3GvgdJRs5podbbiUr4rU7up7
3 - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZeopHZO795A0ixeIbv4bSdA2SAa5Njkcry
4 - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZFyHHZ9dBM8WHiXO8xxOVgNmCRSY6buiNV

5 - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZ2opHZ0YrOtNTYa08500hJDTG4tzEIGYcy
6 - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZLyHHZfB3OTp1PzBmQ1NlAHLQzb4MgrxoX

What about 7 and 8? Those are outdated and I don't have the links for them (There's the new Alpha line and they've just released an updated Tormenta book for 3D&T two weeks ago. The alpha line is free on their web store [https://lojajambo.com.br/] and the newest tormenta...No idea about the pdf).
>>
>>46176646
*shouldn't
>>
>>46176646
The pdf is watermarked.

https://lojajambo.com.br/rpg/rpg-3det/manual-3dt-alpha-edicao-revisada-digital/
>>
>>46175222
I've been wanting to get started on translating 3D&T Alpha into English, but I could never find the time.
I read somewhere a while back that somebody was doing an English translation of Alpha as well, but nothing's come of it yet. I think I saw that on RPG.net, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>46176810
I can help if we get a group for that. Maybe on discord with people interested on helping with the translation?
>>
>>46176647
My goodness sir, you have made me a happy boy.

>>46176647
>>46176504
>>46176468
Holy crap, it's clearly using the DriveThru code, but it forces you to make an account even for free stuff. Had to find a Brazilian Personality Generator to get past the questions. The whole CPF thing king of threw me for a loop, but that not the worst idea. It would never fly in America though. "I ain't lettin' the guvernment know what I buy. Taint' nun o' ther bisness!"
>>
>>46176833
I never get moving to another platform; why not just discuss here? I mean, persistent conversations sure. But for Portuguese translating? It makes more sense for Japanese, because online translator spit out garbage when you feed it to them, but Romance languages translate to English well enough, that an editor can figure it out.
>>
>>46177001
If you say so...
>>
>>46175222
>>46176810
>>46176833
>>46177001
>>46177239

So, for everyone who wants to jump in on this, here's a link where you can download 3D&T Alpha (revised) for free. I just don't know how "clean" it is.

http://www.bibliotecaelfica.com/2013/10/3d-alpha-manual-revisado.html

Could this be the glorious return of "/tg/ gets shit done"? Or will the star that shines brightest burn out twice as fast?
>>
>>46177529
the post on that site is from 2013. That revised edition got another revision (yeah, I know it sounds weird) on late 2015. The version on the webstore is the latest one. A few things changed between the two.
>>
>>46177603
>That revised edition got another revision

GAHBLASTEDFUGKNUCKERS Now I'm going to have to download the revised-revised version.
>>
Anyhow, guess I'll scrap something on google docs about the system, then.

Going to start with Manual 3D&T and then move to Manual do Aventureiro. It's gonna take awhile and no revision, but...better than nothing, I think.
>>
>>46177829
Put the link up and allow comments to someone to help when this someone comes home from work.
>>
>>46178173
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JroB5R-G1h5ME2tnzlvPI0oDmCsOzmq7BwMtHFyfMLE/edit?usp=sharing

There you go.
>>
Also, the Tormenta Alpha has rules for greater enemies, the setting gods and the two entities that created everything. And the five great "things" that exists on the enemies' dimension. It's all on Asura's Wrath level of absurdity.
>>
>>46176627
I have, but it not clean.
>>
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwvKsOfjLZnvdE5fQUV3VnU2bU0&usp=sharing

I put everything i have from 3D&T, like the new books and some old shit like the adaptations of Street Fighter 3 Alpha, Megaman and Darkstalkers.

Sadly no Tormenta Alpha, still cleaning it.
>>
Bumping for Interest. seems like a great system.
>>
>>46178813
For now, it's good.
>>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7q9h478t4qeyos/Tormenta%20Apha.pdf?dl=0

Tormenta Alpha. Link will be up till midnight.
>>
>>46184600
So many based anons in this thread.
>>
File: holy_02_by_arenaestudio.jpg (309 KB, 781x1181) Image search: [Google]
holy_02_by_arenaestudio.jpg
309 KB, 781x1181
>>46184600
>That cover
>HOOOOLLYYY SHIIIT

It's all coming back, I can't believe they are still making it. I remember reading those books way back in the days of 3 - 3.5 D&D.

So much love was put into making this shit in this communist-ridden country, they always had a clear financial struggle when releasing their content. Gotta find the comic that it spawned too (or is it the oposite?): Holy Avenger.

Thanks for the book, this was revigorating.
>>
>>46184425
Thanks, trying to get to chapter 3 by tonight.
>>
>>46185067
I have the pdfs, probably.
>>
Here's my edit of the game description:

3D&T is primarily a game about powerful heroes. It is based on video games and anime (Japanese cartoons). It is a game of magic weapons, robotic armor, monsters that devour buildings, tournaments that decide the fate of worlds, and martial artists who can manipulate energy in their hands. This is always true, but 3D&T can also have sub-genres: Medieval fantasy (as in Magic Knight Rayearth, Records of Lodoss War, Slayers ...), martial arts tournaments (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Dragon Ball ...), science fiction (Aliens vs. Predator, Megaman, Macross ...), horror (Darkstalkers ...) and even humor (Pokemon, Ranma ½ ...). Some game's rules seek to simulate reality as much as possible. Not 3D&T. Here, the most important thing is that you can throw fireballs, destroy a wall with a burst of snow, or knock out a villain by beating him with an electrical towel - and we don't need to explain how that can happen. We're not trying to be logical or realistic here. It is meant to be epic, fast, cosmic, mind-blowing ... all that stuff we love from video games and anime.
>>
What a fuck guys, I never expected to see this on /tg/!

It was my first system, played an adaption of Pokemon on this system, great for teaching people who never played a RPG before!

The system is HEAVILY inspired in anime/manga and is basically a Dragonball simulator, given the major writer is a huge otaku.

I have physical copies somewhere in Brazil, but i can't reach then right now.
>>
>>46185422
Part 1 - What is RPG?
RPG comes from Role-Playing Game, and means "Character-Playing Game". Playing an RPG is like "playing pretend": you pretend to be someone else; she acts like she would act and thinks like she would think. It's a kind of theater, but with no script to follow. The story just happens. RPGs are games of make-believe, games of storytelling. The adventure unfolds as players make decisions, acting out their roles in imaginative worlds. Sitting around a table, taking notes and rolling dice, they experience epic adventures, exciting trips, and terrifying dangers! Playing an RPG is like watching a movie or reading a comic book, but YOU participating in the story. Yes, forget the comfort and safety of the chair: in this world of adventures and dangers, YOU must fight to survive. YOU must decipher the puzzles, find the exits and fight enemies.
Who Wins? No one and everyone. An RPG game does not end with winners and losers. Winning or losing is not important. Not really. The only major goal of playing RPGs is to create a fun and engaging story, in which players take on the role of the main characters. In other words, RPGs are just meant to be fun. And that is no small thing. This is a game of cooperation and teamwork. In a n RPG, we have a group of players(PCs) and a Master. The Master offers a challenge, an adventure, and players must solve. An RPG game never needs to end. The Master can continue forever, adventure after adventure, with the same players
>>
>>46172467

>3D&T in English

I fucking love you BRo
>>
>>46185646
>Sr. K
>3D&T
This is officially a BR thread.
>>
>>46172467
Ae Defensores de tóquio é para crianças e inválidos.
>>
>>46185590
How to Play?
To play RPG you do not need a board, computer, or video game console. You just need this book, pencil, eraser, a given common six-sided ... and a group of fun friends. This game supports four to six players, or even more if the Master can handle it. One will be the Master. Others will each fill out a character sheet, showing the hero that will be used during the adventure. The sheet has numbers and information that will be explained later. You prepared? Yeah, you are! RPGs can be different from all the other games you know, but it will also be familiar. At some point in your life you've played to make-believe, which is almost the same. The only major difference is that in the RPG, there are rules. Playing an RPG is like living another reality, participating in adventures in a world that exists in the imagination. In this world you can be a great superhero, an armored warrior, a mysterious magician, a martial artist... whatever you want! You design your hero. And much of the fun is just inventing this character.
>>
>>46185715
Por que você está cagando nas pessoas?
>>
>>46185715
Se mata, arrombado
>>
>>46176694

I have it, but it's over 4chan's file size limit.

And if anyone cares, here's a little something that might be useful for the /m/en out there.
>>
>>46185799
I'm assuming this is BR for "kill yourself"?
>>
>>46185826
kinda, its basically "kill yourself, faggot"
>>
>>46185826

Kill yourself, assblasted.

Actually, arrombado doesn't translate nicely.
>>
>>46185890
>Actually, arrombado doesn't translate nicely.
Oh, the irony.
>>
File: Just another day in 3D&T Alpha.jpg (380 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
Just another day in 3D&T Alpha.jpg
380 KB, 1600x960
>>
/BR/o here, I remember this shit, though I think it kinda sucks and it's not worth the translation effort.
Everyone at Dragão Brasil had awful taste.
Remember that they made that terrible megaman comic.
>>
>>46186072
the "Nova Aventuras of Megaman" was terrible because is a fanzine with a rotative writer, each mini-arc some asshole write a new story and shit in everything before his mini-arc.

Like every write in DC/Marvel comics, really.

I don't remember Cassaro having anything with it. But i can be wrong.
>>
File: Porra Magda.jpg (9 KB, 257x238) Image search: [Google]
Porra Magda.jpg
9 KB, 257x238
>>46186072

>3D&T
>not a great generic system

Look, I respect your opinion and everything, but you're wrong dude.
>>
>>46185732
If any of the BRos can chip in on this:, I'm nat for about the final line. Is Dark a game in BR, or is it a another name for WoD? When it says "e até RPGs sobre temas brasileiros," Google translates that as "and even RPGs on Brazilian themes" which I changed to "and even RPGs about Brazilian themes," but the phrasing seems really odd. Any suggestions? And do you think I should leave the name "Era do Chaos" in Portuguese?

Origin
This type of game was born in the US in 1974. The world's first RPG was called Dungeons & Dragons ("D&D"). It was a medieval fantasy game, with swords and magic, knights, elves and wizards exploring caves and ruins for missions, challenging monsters, and glorious treasures. The D&D world is much better known in Brazil through the cartoon Dragon Cave, which perfectly illustrates the game. A group of heroes fighting evil in a fantasy world. Medieval fantasy has always been the most popular genre in RPGs. D&D evolved and became AD&D, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, and is the most popular RPG world. However, with time there were many other games based in other genres: science fiction (Shadowrun, Cyberpunk 2020, Invasion...), horror (Vampire, Werewolf, Dark, Call of Cthulhu ...), humor (Paranoia, Toon ...) and even RPGs about Brazilian themes (Desafio dos Bandeirantes, Era of Chaos ...).
>>
>>46186072

At the risk of derailing the thread with flaming, what other BRPGs are out there? I'm aware of Old Dragon and 3D&T.

Anything distinctly Brazilian? (after the fashion that Warhammer Fantasy blends British conservatism and cynicism with Tolkienesque trappings, and D&D is peppered with America's love of exploration and stealing shiny things from the natives.)
>>
>>46186187
>nat for
*not sure
>>
>>46186072
3D&T is a great system in it simplicity, it allows for a great range of different characters with a very light rule set, and it is almost impossible that a fucking group will roll the same characters every fucking time, unlike DnD.

I actually think it is better than Savage Worlds, but I am biased. Maybe because I hate SW and upscaling dices, but that is another matter.
>>
>>46186187

The cartoon was actually called 'Dungeons and Dragons' in english, dude. Just a heads-up.

And yes, leave 'Era do Caos' in portuguese
>>
>>46185799
Cuidado com os nervos meu amor.
>>
>>46186251
Was it the DIC-style animation we had here, or was it a different show?
>>
File: Caverna_do_dragao_by_sosmonster.jpg (2 MB, 1275x1754) Image search: [Google]
Caverna_do_dragao_by_sosmonster.jpg
2 MB, 1275x1754
>>46186187
>The D&D world is much better known in Brazil through the cartoon Dragon Cave
Caverna do Dragão... Dragon Cave

Anon, você só tinha um trabalho. O nome do desenho é "Dungeons & Dragons", Xuxa não te ensinou isso não?
>>
>>46186222

Distinctively? Nope, 3D&T is the most BR RPG you can find, even if it is a product of the 90's and it shows in it design, even when updated.

There is Sistema Daemon, that had a great range of homebrews and a VERY big number of books published about different themes, sometimes overlapping with 3D&T. It is a slightly more complex version of 3D&T (Actually, 3D&T is a simplified version of the original Daemon System) and it is written by Marcelo Del Debbio, famous old school game journalist or infamous fake occultist, depending on your view on the matter.

Daemon was a system basically made for WoD style games, but with a focus on secret societies and less anguish than oWoD, but had a great adaption for superheroes and gritty medieval fantasy.
>>
>you can follow 2nd Asimov Law but not follow the 1st
This has potential to get really grim pretty damn fast.
>>
>>46186241
The only real problem with 3D&T it's having Habilidade as "God-Stat" (its affect Melee and Ranged combat, Defense, Dodge, AND Skill Tests) and the having to few points to building your character.
>>
>>46186425
Except Daemon is shit.

And 3D&T in the past used Daemon's Magic System, but not anymore.
>>
>>46186342
I'm not a /BR/o

>>46186425
I think he meant games that incorporated the culture and spirit of Brazil
>>
>>46186436

It is a very big problem, but is not like there is not rules in character creation for that. But the system is not built around being balanced, even if they tried balancing it for years.

>>46186481

it is a good magic system, i am actually impressed that i never saw it replicated in any other place.
>>
>>46186342
Amusingly, I never actually say Xuxa's show, but the music video she did of "Do the Locomotion" played at the end of a cartoon block I watched, so when I found out about her later I was like, "Oh, that's who that was."
>>
>>46186503

Yeah, they don't exist.

Keep in mind that ~nerds~ are as fringe in the USA than they are in Brazil, so most of them don't exactly embrace the brazilian culture that much.
>>
>>46186436

Every D&T character I've created started either with 10 or 12 points. 5 is just too low to make anything even remotely decent.
>>
>>46186660
>5 is just too low to make anything even remotely decent.
It is possible, it only depends on your approach to them.

5 points characters are common people, heroes that are still on their first steps of the big and dangerous adventurer life every other legend walks. Various skeletons and novice adventurers who fall to orcs and other monsters are, in fact, 5 (or lesser) point characters who failed. (Even those elven women on Arsenal's BDSM dungeon are low point NPCs.)
>>
>>46186819
In theory, 5 points characters are "beginner adventures". But they are crippled as fuck. 10 or 12 points characters are good and all, for beginners adventures. But real Legendary character are something more like a 20 points or more in reality.

So, double the suggested number of points.
>>
>>46186596
Its ripped off from Ars Magica RPG
>>
>>46187021

Well, we usually ignore that 'power scale' they have where 1 point in Firepower is equal to throwing stones and 5 points is a dragon's breath. That's just retarded.

We treat 12p Adventurers as beginners and slowly scale up their equipment and points as the enemies grow stronger.

Goddamn I miss playing this game
>>
>>46187262

Yeah, I think everyone ignored that.

When I DMed and any of my players brought that up I usually slapped them with the rulebook for showing that level of autism. I think one of them got a little more autist from those slaps.
>>
>>46178813
Gonna take a break and resume it later. On advantages...
>>
File: 1412528745043.png (379 KB, 500x642) Image search: [Google]
1412528745043.png
379 KB, 500x642
>>46185306
Well, if you could share them... quite some time since I last read them.
>>
I cast bump
>>
>>46187262
That's not how Alpha runs.
>>
>>46189836

How so?
>>
>>46187713
I'll continue tomorrow. Need a rest. Don't know if this thread will be dead by then, but I'll keep working on the doc so...bookmark it if you are interested.
>>
>>46189865
In 3D&T Alpha you have less costy Advantages and the power level overall is smaller than previous stances of the game. A 5 point character is more like a 3.5 Fighter, while a 12 point is like a 3.5 Wizard. With a 5 point group, you'll have to tone down everything, making the game more slow paced and more enjoyable; every new power up will have meaning.
>>
>>46188106
https://www.dropbox.com/s/70ypk0ya5hknxiz/Holy%20Avenger.rar?dl=0
>>
>>46190320
>A 5 point character is more like a 3.5 Fighter, while a 12 point is like a 3.5 Wizard.

Dafuq
>>
>>46190320

Yes, Alpha reduces the powerlevels a bit, but you still can't make anything resembling a competent character with just five points.

We felt that the game would feel too weak and quick if we stuck to low-point builds, so it was kind of a house rule that everyone started with 12p as an 'average' character, unless they were weaker/stronger because of some backstory reason.
>>
>>46190380
>Fighter: Full attack, maybe a maneuver
>Wizard: Control, AoE, Social, DPS, yadda yadda
>>
>>46190742

I always used 7 points, for a maximum of -6 on Disadvantages authorized by the DM.
>>
File: Valkaria Statue.jpg (2 MB, 2080x3118) Image search: [Google]
Valkaria Statue.jpg
2 MB, 2080x3118
>>46184600
>That titanic statue of the goddess Valkaria that gives the name to the the city, so fucking huge no building comes up to her knees, even if she's almost kneeling.
>Nagas are a race
>Dryads
>Half-Dryads
>Sea Elves are a race
>Fucking Flying Elves are a race too

Some very creative ideas, love the stuff.
>>
>>46192121
The elves have no kingdom too, they lost the war against the goblinoid races, there is a !japanese neighborhood in the capital, a throwback to the in Sao Paulo, so you can play Samurais and Ninjas.
>>
>>46192121

What if some terrorists blew that thing up? The debris alone would crush the whole city, right?
>>
>>46192311
It's a goddess. You can't just blow her up.
>>
>>46192339

The goddess IS the statue?
>>
>>46192311
>>46192377

The statue is the "state" in which the goddess was imprisoned. You can't blow it up, but if you want to make something similar there are campaigns with the objective of liberating the goddess, I think the name was "Libertação de Valkaria".
>>
>>46192377
Yes.
>>
File: Valkaria Statue2.png (2 MB, 903x1274) Image search: [Google]
Valkaria Statue2.png
2 MB, 903x1274
>>46192477
>>
>>46192377
Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: Valkaria make a orgy with other two gods and create a race of Eldritch Abominations and is punished with be transformed in a statue.

You even have a Epic Adventure to rescue her and become a Epic Hero. Sadly, its write using d20 System rules and suck ass.

She is the God of Humanity and Ambition, and HFYfag of Divine Proportions.
>>
Don't forget that this adventure happens INSIDE her. Her own body is a colossal dungeon.
>>
>>46192617
And i almost forget, she is the Goddess of Murderhobos.
>>
File: 1453980409342.gif (28 KB, 293x200) Image search: [Google]
1453980409342.gif
28 KB, 293x200
Bump
>>
Also posting this because we used some of the Advantages/Disadvantages from this one in 3D&T
>>
>>46194242
Thanks, I was busy.

>>46196126
Awesome. I know they made it a different system, but it's cool to have the material.

Continuing the editing:

Part 2 - The CHARACTER
The players in an RPG pretend to be someone else. They pretend to be a character. So to play an RPG, first you will need a character. The character is the hero who will participate in adventures, obeying the commands of the player that controls it. He is like a video game fighter who preforms moves when you press the buttons. The difference is that instead of pushing buttons, you say aloud what your character will do. What the player speaks, the character does. If the player says "I'm opening the door," actually is not him, but his character, trying to open the door.
>>
>>46196517
I know some of that paragraph seems a little stilted, but I really don't want to rewrite the book, just translate it. The book was definitely written assuming that the people reading it could be completely ignorant of how an RPG works.

Character Building
Several 3D&T modules published to date have various characters ready to play. Using a ready character saves the player some work and lets people start playing faster. However, much of the fun RPG is actually to create your own hero. Next you will learn rules about the process we use to generate a character - but it is you who will provide the most important material: your imagination. Anyone can make accounts and fill out a form with information, but this is not enough to have an interesting character. The first thing to do is come up with a concept, a basic idea. What will your character be? A barbarian warrior with a magic ax and a panther skin thrown over the shoulders? A sorcererous vampire hunter? A street fighter seeking revenge? A bionic ninja crime fighter? You can be all that and anything else you can imagine.
After choosing a concept, the next step is to fill out the Character Sheet - a type of form that you find at the back of 3D&T. You can print the page or just copy your information separate paper. When completed, the sheet will function as a record of the things your character can do. This information will be important in the game: you will need to have the sheet around during the adventure. You have some freedom to fill the sheet, but not complete freedom! The sheet measures the power of the character, and there are limits to that power. To make your hero, you get 12 points: these points will be used to "buy" powers for the character.
>>
>>46196536

Features
The features are the most important information about your character – they are numbers that tell you how good he is something. The higher the feature's rating, the more powerful it will be. They range from 0 to 5, but certain characters and powerful creatures can have even higher features. The features are: Force, Speed, Toughness, Armor, and Firepower. They may also appear abbreviated as F, S, T, A, and FP respectively. Normal people almost always have 0 in all of these characteristics; a value of 1 corresponds to the maximum possible for "normal humans". Any value above 1 is already considered heroic or superhuman - which is very common for 3D&T adventurers. When you build a character, each point buys a feature point. You can, for example, use 12 points to buy 2 Force, 4 Speed, 1 Toughness, 2 Armor, and 3 Firepower (2 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 12). Pencil in the appropriate "dots" on the Character Sheet. A newly created character can never have any feature greater than 5, no matter how many points he has to spend.

Hit Points (HP)
Hit points, or HP, are the "vital energy" of the character, like your energy bar in a video game. The more hit points he has, the harder it will be to kill him! Normal humans have only one HP, but a player character might have 6, 10 or even 30 HP. You do not buy HP directly; they depend on the Toughness rating of the character. We'll explain the specifics later.
>>
i bless this thread so if death comes around the corner it can fight back

Power Word: Bump
>>
>>46196827

Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages are powers or special abilities that each character has. Disadvantages are their weaknesses, things that hinder your performance. Each character has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Further on, you'll find a list containing several advantages and disadvantages. Advantages are bought with points. Instead of spending all points on features, you should save some to have things like an Ally, a Special Attack, Invisibility, or other things. Each has its own cost, usually 1 or 2 points. You can buy as many benefits you want, if you can afford them. You can also take Disadvantages to earn points. Each Disadvantage gives 1, 2, 3 or even 4 extra points to spend on features or benefits. Masters will have a limit on how many points you can gain from Disadvantages.
>>
>>46197117

Finishing Touches
Now that the character is almost ready, stop and examine everything. Do his Features, Advantages, and Disadvantages make sense with the concept that you have chosen? What is the origin of its Firepower: rays, knives, arrows or something else? If he is a knight in armor, why can he use Medicine? If you are a warrior-robot, why can he use Telepathy? We're not saying it's forbidden to do things like that - video games and anime are full of characters with powers and absurd abilities! But, it will always be more interesting if there is a reason for it. Just tossing a bunch of powers together can result in a player character, but not necessarily a good character. Think of video games. When you play a fighting game, do you just coose the most "powerful" fighter to more easily reach the end? Or will choose the one with the more radical look, the most interesting fighting style, and the most awesome victory pose? A character gets more interesting when you have a history, a past - preferably something that explains how gained his powers. At this point you should tie the initial concept to the Advantages and Disadvantages. If he has an Ally or Master, who is he? How does your Special Attack work? Who's your Patron? Why does your enemy hate you?
>>
>>46190218
Hello, again. Working on the rest of the advantages. Hopefully I'll finish this chapter today.
>>
>>46197667
You're working on Alpha, right?
>>
>>46197687
Yes, Manual 3D&T Alpha Edição Revisada from August 2015.
>>
What is the system like?
>>
>>46192768
I'm pretty sure a lot of men want to know what it's like to be inside a goddess.
Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously....

>>46185810
Can you make spaceships or play outer space settings without this supplement?
>>
>>46197749
D6 dice pools. Super rules light.
>>
>>46196827
>Speed

I don't know, Anon. Habilidade covert both coordination AND intellect, translating it to Speed don't feel right.
>>
>>46197966
In the older versions, the newer version uses Roll under to Attributes Test and Roll High to Combat (AKA Attack Force vs Defense Force), except for Dodge, who still using roll under.
>>
>>46198007
Alpha uses the same, no dice pool.
>>
>>46198300
I kinda miss the dice pool...
>>
>>46197978
habilidade is like "abilidad" in spanish witch translate to "skill" in english
>>
>>46201066
Kay, I was having trouble getting words with unique starting letters, so I scrapped Skill at some point because I was calling Force Strength, and Ability clashed with armor. I just forgot about it when I settled on Force and Speed. Skill it is.
>>
So...I'm getting tired of writing the full names for each Feature (characteristic, whatever). I'm going with Strength, Skill, Resistance, Armor and Firepower (Força, Habilidade, Resistência, Armadura and Poder de Fogo, respectivelly). How should I abreviate them? St or Str? Ski or Sk? Etc...
>>
>>46201808
Sr Sk R A FP
>>
>>46201808
I went with Force, Skill, Toughness, Armor, and Firepower, with F, S, T, A, and FP as the abbreviations.
>>
>>46201840
i dig strenght more than force since Forca is "fuerza" in spanish witch translate to "strenght"
>>
>>46201838
Guess I'll use that suggestion, then, thanks.

>>46201840
I think Strength sounds better, but have to say...I like the sounding of Toughness.

31/52 advantages done. Disadvantages and Unique Advantages coming next.
>>
>>46201937
Go on.
>>
>>46201937
this is going good I already read everything until now and to be honest i can't wait to play this, i'll be checking regularly and if i can help in something i 'll do so, also if the thread for any reason falls i propose to make a general ( if jttrpg got one why this shouldn't)
>>
is combat good?
>>
>>46203411
for what i can see, there is really a lot of options for making powerfull pcs with interesting skills sets so at least if it is not good it is really fun. ( i havent played it but read the translation so far)
>>
>>46185890
>Actually, arrombado doesn't translate nicely.

Rolls off the tongue beautifully, though. I love it.
>>
>>46172467
Best thing about it is the Legend of the Galatic Heroes with Mechas.
>>
>>46175222
>I have a line on the Alpha game.
Hey Lancaster.
>>
>>46203258

Advantages completed (I've finished Special Attacks and Familiars, as well).

Going to take a break for now. Disadvantages coming next!
>>
>>46201937
You can use Might or Brawn too.
>>
>>46203813
Brigada Ligeira Estelar and Belonave Supernova are awesome.
>>
>>46201808
Sr, Sk, Re, Ar, Fp
>>
>>46197818
Technically, yes. But Brigada Ligeira (and Megacity) gives you lots of new options to spaceships AND mecha. And rules for Bernies/Action Points.
>>
>>46205687
Megacity gives new options, but boy... crunch is good, but fluff is just a mess.
>>
It is always important to remember that Marcelo Cassaro is a 80's and early 90's anime addict, and he puts that into his work.
>>
>>46206313
>kids these days just wont get it!
but really, D&Ts original spirit is gone.
>>
>>46206082
I actually like the absolute mess of Megacity's fluff
>>
>>46204370
Disadvantages almost completed! Think I will get to Unique Advantages today. After that, combat.
>>
>>46206679
I say it more in a advice manner, it could be good or bad, depending on who is reading.
>>
Hey, I know this system! If I'm not wrong it's entire magic system is based on an adaptation of the Slayers anime made for the system.
>>
>>46210270
Yes, it is.
>>
>>46208489
Disadvantages completed! Guess I'll take a break for now...
>>
File: kamina.jpg (58 KB, 426x590) Image search: [Google]
kamina.jpg
58 KB, 426x590
>>46210958

Thank you so much for your hard work, anon.
>>
velho, 3d&t é muito ruim
já joguei bastante entre 2001-2003 porque tem regras muito fáceis e dava para criar uma seção bem rápido, mas continua sendo ruim
os cenários "originais" (Tormenta e aquele novo de mechas) também ajudam a piorar, anime demais pro meu gosto

too portuguese; didn't read:
game is bad and made for weeaboos
go play FATE if you want a good light rule system
>>
>>46211946

Please refer to >>46186155
>>
>>46211946
It has it flaws, but it's still good. It's really simple and flexible enough.

And the settings are a question of taste really, you can't really wish that a game named defenders of tokyo would not have weaboo settings.
>>
>>46211946
>too anime
>game is for anime and manga
>>
>>46186072
cassaro was kind of an arrogant douchebag, but he had nothing to do with BR megaman.

awano, his main artist debuted on megaman and it's kind ironic that such a shitfest of a comic actually spawned a decent artist, even though she's too generic animu for my tastes
>>
>>46192121
also the statue is the actual goddess that was petrified after some pantheon conflict, iirc
>>
>>46211946
>Say 3d&t is a bad rules light system
>Suggest fucking FATE, the "rules light" system who needs almost 400 pages to explain to you its rules, AKA Magic Tea Party.

Vai dar pra um negão com uma pica gigante, sua bicha.
>>
>>46211946
FATE é a pior opção pra jogar qualquer jogo rules light, sistema excessivamente simples que acaba precisando de regras demais pra resolver qualquer situação.
>>
>>46214668
Bumping for those of us who aren't bilingual.
>>
>>46210958
Working on the unique advantages. Almost completed!
>>
File: 1458488984511.jpg (570 KB, 736x561) Image search: [Google]
1458488984511.jpg
570 KB, 736x561
>>46211946
>>
>>46186481
I confirm that Daemon is, in fact, shit.
>>
>>46219550
Unique advatanges done. Going to the theaters later tonight so I don't know if I'll get to combat today (Yeah, gonna watch Batman vs Superman).
>>
>>46221280
Go on.
>>
this looks like ERP: The Dicening
>>
>>46224467
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>46216981

Oh sorry.

>FATE é a pior opção pra jogar qualquer jogo rules light, sistema excessivamente simples que acaba precisando de regras demais pra resolver qualquer situação.

FATE is the worst option for playing any rules light game, excessively simple system that ends needing way more rules to solve a given situation.
>>
Wait, so which one is getting the translation and what should I download? This sounds like a fun system that I want to play.
>>
>>46227244
The alpha revised edition, if I'm not wrong.
>>46183643 Has it, top row, first from the right I believe.
>>
>>46227244
3D&T Alpha is the one who is getting translated, you can download almost everything in Portuguese here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwvKsOfjLZnvdE5fQUV3VnU2bU0&usp=sharing

And the translation of the Core Rules here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JroB5R-G1h5ME2tnzlvPI0oDmCsOzmq7BwMtHFyfMLE/edit
>>
File: iconoclast.jpg (128 KB, 970x728) Image search: [Google]
iconoclast.jpg
128 KB, 970x728
>>46192477
>You can't blow it up

Sounds like a challenge worthy of my skills.
>>
>>46229438
Fuck off, Ahmed. You can even fuck a goat.
>>
>>46227244
OP is translating 3D&T Fastplay, the super-simple version. Other Anon is translating Alpha, as the others have stated.
>>
Little bump
>>
File: 55524413_p0.png (2 MB, 1900x2781) Image search: [Google]
55524413_p0.png
2 MB, 1900x2781
Save your links, people! Thread is going to sage at any moment!
>>
>>46234131
why?
>>
>>46172467
Can anyone give me a rundown of this system?
>>
>>46239776
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JroB5R-G1h5ME2tnzlvPI0oDmCsOzmq7BwMtHFyfMLE/edit
>>
>>46221280
Expertises kinda..."completed" (Need the description for some of them but...you can get the gist of it). I'll come back to them later after I finish Combat and Experience (that way, people will be able to play the system faster).
>>
>>46239776
What you want to know?
>>
>>46206313
>80's and early 90's anime addict
you say that like it's a bad thing, anon
>>
>>46245576

He get a little carried away sometimes. There are a lot of criticism from his old partners on the matter, saying that it messes with the job too much.
>>
>>46248387
Well, i have more problems with the actual partners and writes. "The New Trio Atormentado", who fuck Arton beyond recognition trying to make the setting more "mature and serious", and shoving D20 System fucking everywhere.

Books and more books of shit writing, shit rules, and outright retarded changes in the setting trying to wite a shitty version of Game of Thrones writes by Matt Fucking Watt.

I happy with Tormenta getting back to home and hopefully this madness is finally over.
>>
>>46248888
God, the new trio fucked Tormenta up so much. The whole Minotaur kingdom shit made no sense, they forgot whole plotlines like the goblin invasion and just relaunched an adventure published years ago, they tied the whole Yuden problem in a stupid way, and Shivara, that had as much personality as a sponge, replaces the emperor. They really weakened the setting.
>>
>>46241597

Combat section almost done (missing the combo section). I think that's enough to run the game (if you disconsider magic, haha). I'll get to Experience, magic items and magic later. Need a break.
>>
>>46249947
I still pretending the Tormenta is the Bydo Empire (Because Fuck logic) or Ablidged!Alucard's fault (after all the Quantum Space Fuckery in the end and he needing to duping all that shit somewhere), instead of the explanation we get in the romance books.

Because that shit don't makes sense.

And the less we talk about **Tex Scorpion Mako**, or Sir Orion Drake, or KallyKEYBOARDSMASH, the better.
>>
>>46249947
>King-Emperor Thormy
>Pussed Out Like a BITCH
>>
>>46253269
Just don't talk about it. They took out Thorny to put in Shivara Sharpblade, who they tried to use everywhere. She was the regent of New Ghondirian, then commander of the Army of the Kingdoms, then wife to the king of the space marines kingdom, killed the guy, became the queen and finally emperor because why not. And she was shit at every position.
>>
>>46253418
Its bizarre, because Thormy's wife, Rhavana, who is a ex-Amazon Queen, still alive and he have a DAUGHTER too. But nobody remember Rhana and his big boobs.

So, instead of trying to put a Elizabeth II with Rhavana or Rhana, especially with all Minotaur Briztkreig shit.

They bring Shivara, who they trying to make her look important, since forever, and failing miserable at it.
>>
'nother bump
>>
So what characters are you guys going to make when it's translated?
>>
>>46261562
Dunno.

Don't need to wait since portuguese reads like drunk spanish which I can read. HOnestly my deterrent is laziness
>>
>>46261562
I am HUEBR, so i don't have to waiting for a translation.

But, i am always liked to use 3D&T to plays WoD: The Animation. Because Kung Fu Vampires and Ninja Werewolfs are awesome.
>>
>>46264653
>I am HUEBR, so i don't have to waiting for a translation.
*Werewolves
>>
>>46264658
oops.
>>
>>46196126
Wait, if 4D&T exists why bother translating 3D&T?
>>
>>46265795
Simply put, 4D&T was a failure.
Like...4E when you compare it to 3.5/PF/13th Age.

It didn't please the player base (this book was published on 2010 and that's it). Latest 3D&T revision is from August, 2015 and the latest 3D&T supplement is from earlier this month.
>>
File: thechiquilitosnyf.png (722 KB, 720x714) Image search: [Google]
thechiquilitosnyf.png
722 KB, 720x714
>>46265886
Ah, ok.
>>
>>46265795
Because its shit.
>>
>>46251872
Experience point topic (on chapter 9) is done. Magic items coming next.
>>
>>46265795
Because it was just a bizarre attempt to turn the system into another d20 clone, and it wasn't really all that great.
>>
>>46248888

There is no New Tormenta, we don't talk about that and Leonel Caldela should be crucified in a public square for not understanding the scenario before writing and not accepting criticism where it is due.
>>
>>46261593

Please don't offend eh BRs, Spanish reads like drunken Portuguese, throwing L's all around and strange non latin standard pronunciation.
>>
>>46269546
I didn't know monkeys had such fragile egos
>>
So, uh, which link contains the latest stage of translation? I haven't read the entire thread.
>>
>>46270230

>>
>>46234131
>These thighs
Is she a Elin?
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.