[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My players are idiots They try to hit on every female, and every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: dwarf.png (141 KB, 296x301) Image search: [Google]
dwarf.png
141 KB, 296x301
My players are idiots

They try to hit on every female, and every time they have a chance of avoiding a combat encounter, they choose to threaten and intimidate. They fuck with things far more powerful than them and try to depose what little order there is in the world.

What are your favourite ways to respond to murderhobo behaviour? Something that enables everyone to have fun while making them understand consequences?
>>
File: benderadvicetodms.png (78 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
benderadvicetodms.png
78 KB, 500x375
>>46164138
>>
Let them kill every peasant they want.
They find no loot and a pittance for exp.
Braver and more charismatic peasants refuse to help.
People begin to side against the adventuring menace.
Bounties are posted, rallies are formed.
Eventually they are no longer allowed inside towns or allowed to trade.
People empathize with the BBEG.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g27Q17QlXpE
>>
>>46164138

Have you tried sitting down with your players, and everyone talking about what sort of game they want to play, what tone/themes and what can be done to make it enjoyable for everyone?

Alternatively, >>46164280 is actually pretty cool.
>>
>>46164138
Have fun with it but make them understand that in-setting, people hate them and their behaviour. Punish them, but not in a "ThatDM" way where you just suddenly, out of the blue, swarm them with an army of mid-level soldiers with the intent to kill. Ramp it up slowly, give them fun encounters with snowflake bounty hunters, have the peasants chase them out of town, if you're lucky the players will begin their own redemption story arc.

Basically this: >>46164280
You want to punish the behaviour because that would make sense in the world, but do escalate the punishments slowly so they know it'll get worse, don't start off with a bunch of lethal ambushes.
>>
>>46164138
Hello, this is /tg/

Have you tried talking to your players about it?
>>
>>46166301
Fellow DM here, the constant facepalming and yelling doesn't seem to help much.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.