[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wqdt/ - Weekend Quest Discussion Thread 4 Hours Late Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: wqdt_ha_0.gif (378 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
wqdt_ha_0.gif
378 KB, 700x704
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QMs.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as 'make a board for quests'.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/b5cN2RkK
This link contains numerous writing guides, as well as the addresses of quest related IRC channels.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QMs. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you aren't on the list, post your twitter here and someone will make sure it gets added eventually.

>QM Question:
What would be your ideal quest to run?

>Player Question:
What would be your ideal quest to be ran?
>>
>weekend
>>
Where did Assimilator Quest DM go?
>>
Wew
>>
>>46162653
>May this thread turn out shit too
>>
File: 1444248275281[2].jpg (55 KB, 900x810) Image search: [Google]
1444248275281[2].jpg
55 KB, 900x810
Why even limit these threads to weekends? Why not have a permanent quest general (/qdg/)?
>>
>>46163425
We did. The whole point of /wqdt/ is to contain the shittery to the weekends.
>>
>>46163544
we are doing a shitty job at it
>>
>>46163552
"We" aren't the ones with the power to stop people from doing this during the week.

If those people decide they don't care anymore, QTG will return.
>>
I've been wanting to run a quest. One with a heavy atmosphere, focus on drama. Something with style and substance, but not necessarily with heavy focus on mechanics. I was thinking of doing something vaguely tarot themed, maybe something Conan-esque. Or perhaps not.
>>
It's not the weekend by any stretch. But fine.

Here's a pitch, based on a typo:

PET GOD QUEST
You're a pet. But you're also a god. And your mission is to help your mistress and her family against dangers both mundane and esoteric as she grows up into the one that will once again make reality one.
>>
>>46162653
Anon we all want to bitch about stuff all week and talk about quests but this needs to be kept to weekends. It this becomes a constant thing we will have constant shit posting and good conversation.
>>
>>46163996
Just make us a magical pet bro. It'll go easier.

It sounds like it has potential. I recommend looking into the Dark Horse comic Beasts of Burden for how we can be a pet that involves itself in spooky stuff.

If we can set up some sort of "hologram person" around us we could be Blue from Wolfs Rain. It'll provide us with a way to interact with humans and also give us a secret to keep.

But be honest. Is this basically Salem Quest?
>>
Actually, as one of the shitposters from last thread, I swear to be on my best behavior if this wqdt decides to go qtg.
>>
>>46164754
heh
>>
So how bout them quests and stuff....
>>
>>46166851
Current thread of Persona 2129 proves that the dice gods love everybody EXCEPT the MC
>>
>>46166851
Pretty good. Reading Persona Quest and playing vidya after work.
>>
>>46166881
I have to give that a read some time is it worth the effort?
>>46166879
The dice gods know when to strike and have no mercy
>>
Anyone else notice a decrease in Qms and posters? there seems to be a increase in autism and shit posting a lot of quests are either dying or be killed by choices somehow more stupid than usual.
>>
>>46166943
>I have to give that a read some time is it worth the effort?
If you like the Persona games, sure. I think its the only Persona quest that's gotten as far as it has. Most usually die early.
>>
>>46166994
>Anyone else notice a decrease in Qms and posters?

I mean some big time QMs like Historical fiction and Quest Drone are pretty much dead.

Quite a few others are just finding it impossible to find time to run like Sparks or SDA.

But you still got big names like Hellborn, Banished, HMQ still running relatively strong.

People just filter in and out. Its also final season for quarter colleges.
>>
Give me your power so I don't become another failed QM that posts his ideas but never runs.
>>
>>46167138
Only your own power can prevent that anon.
>>
>>46167138
Tell me your idea and I'll see it if it worth giving the power.
>>
>>46167132
I'm happy HMQ is still running and i have yet to read Hellborn is it any good? I dropped banished when it got to cluttered. I hope to see some new blood this summer instead of a wave of shit posters.
>>
>>46167281
Hellborn is pretty solid. I'd recommend it.
>>
>playing a quest with just one player

Feels like ping-pong.
>>
>>46167906
A very slow game of ping-pong.

But if they are both having fun s'all good.
>>
>>46167969
I was having fun.
Probably will run tomorrow too, and hope my only player is on.
>>
>>46167999
Exorcist quest?
>>
>>46167999
What was your quest?
>>
>>46167223
Not him, but I'm the Healer Quest guy and I've been feeling the same way lately.

Give ME your power instead.
>>
>>46168048
I think we started around the same time, yes
>>46168056
It's a joke quest about saving anime. It's narrated from a non-weeb PoV
>>
>>46168215
Yeah it's tough for new QMs to get a start I get a bit nervous because i prefer to lurk and new Qms can run two sessions and bail which is awful.
>>
>>46167138
I've been here every week with a new idea, sometimes more. Still haven't run one.
>>
>>46168309
I don't mind.

I get to write and people who follow me maybe have some fun.

All in all it's an ok trade
>>
>>46168405
I will swing by you quest if i see it running.
>>46168320
Why not?
>>
>>46168432
Nerves mostly. Also the mentality that if I'm gonna do it that I should do it well forces me to work on it and never be satisfied.
>>
>>46163996
>god

Simple. What's the problem?
>Burglar tries to break into house
Blast the fucker with lightning. Freak accident.
>Bills piling up
'accidentally' dig up a bunch of gold bars from the backyard.
>Ghosts
Just plain LOOK at them to exorcise them through our holy power.

Gods are OP. Any setting that makes the main character so overpowered is one that conflict stops being a thing is a bad setting. At least, if you intend on using any conflict.
>>
I've been gone for a while due to some health concerns but recently things have been getting better for me. How do revived quests generally do here on /tg/?
>>
I still hope for an ancient Greek quest I have posted about this before but i want to see a quest based roughly on Xenophons Anabasis. The other option would be a exile quest with the MC working as a merc and being dragged around the ancient world.
I could run but looking at what happened with crusader quest i don't have the patience.
>>
>>46168683
I mean being an over powered god can be fun. I've been running a quest based on that for a while now, though it gets pretty ridiculous and I would say it definitely does not lend itself to long term stories.

The last one kinda fell apart actually and I'm thinking about taking a break from it to do a more long term quest that isn't as silly.
>>
>>46168727
Unless they were really really popular before going on hiatus, they have a hard time getting players. Give it a shot if you want, but don't be surprised if you get less than half the players you got before.
>>
>>46168907
OPMUQ?

It was fun at first but it's the same shit every time.
>>
>>46169204
Yeah thats me. As for it always being the same, thats kind of why I'm wanting to take a break.
>>
What quest has worldbuilding that you really like?
>>
>>46170070
Banished for sure. Say what you want about Soma, dude knows how to make a world.

Sleeping Gods has been pretty good too.
>>
>>46170070
might be unpopular opinion but I'm digging death among the stars worldbuilding. wish we got to explore more worlds but i'm liking it so far
>>
>>46170116
>>46170440
What makes them stand out to you? Is it woven into the plot well? Done in an interesting way? High in detail?
>>
Anyone want a good freedom fighter quest with lots of rebellion propaganda and a oppressive regime trying to quell unrest without being able to genocide the populace?
>>
>>46170522
Is it like cyberpunk?
>>
>>46170522
Depends on the setting, but the idea itself sounds pretty neat.
>>
>>46170784
>>46170851
A bit more advanced than now but the people fighting for freedom are in an under developed area. I have a story written up that's pretty fun on table top i don't know how it would convert.
>>
>>46170933
How advanced is the area?
>>
>>46170965
The setting i had people were mining asteroids and using starting to colonize their solar system, Ftl was being figured out but the area breaking free was using exosuits to fight power armour. As it progresses some outside nations started to supply better arms and new cobbled together weapons and tactics were used to even the odds.
>>
>>46171147
What will our protagonist be in terms of personality and appearance?
>>
>>46171291
I ran this for 5 people not exactly the same but they were a squad of sorts. The MC would be a male and a veteran of a recent horrible war, think WW1 with more weapons and people to die. I would run a prologue to generate over a few hours a decent main character then start the quest. If i do run it won't be until after finals when I'm not so tired and can use grammar.
>>
Is it okay for a quest to have a bad ending if the players mess up enough? Or should there only ever be consequences that can be overcome?
>>
>>46170070

AToW, Crusader, DXQ, Joker.
>>
>>46172639
If there's one guaranteed way to tank a WQDT, it's to have a discussion about failure in quests.

Overall I do not recommend having bad endings as a new QM, but you absolutely have to hide the fact that you don't have them.
>>
>>46172639

I'm in favour of the potential of bad endings, myself. If the QMC ever dies, I'll run one more thread to wrap everything up. Sure, the ending would be horrific, but that's what happens when you lose.
>>
>>46172704

Who would you even play as?
>>
>>46172860

The main villain. Front-row seat for the end of all things.
>>
>>46163996
Fuck that, write Kuro Quest.
>>
>>46170070
Probably Valen. It's pretty thick to read through, but the world gets expanded on and then reiterated upon constantly. A lot of the quest so far has literally been the MC trying to learn about said world, while the players were responsible for being the MC's 'memory'.

Details would crop back up from time to time to call back to previous things we learned and if we could remember the relevant pieces of information then the MC remembered and took advantage of it or usually managed some kind of success. If we couldn't remember, the MC didn't remember, and we got screwed by something or walked right past an opportunity.

Last thread some magnificent faggot managed to remember the iconic specialty weapons of this southern kingdom that one of our Testament used to belong to; We stumbled across the shaft of one of their polearms and nearly walked off without it, had it not been for them coming out of nowhere with the answer. It was amazing.

Idk, maybe just me. I like feeling like I've been rewarded for being interested in the world.
>>
>>46168683
>Gods are OP.
Not necessarily. Even if they are, it could be that there are laws and observances restricting its use. Dealing with the whole bureaucracy following such an incident might actually be fun.

>>46164689
I'll look into the comics. I didn't read Salem Quest, though.

>>46173653
N-no.
>>
>>46173693
This sounds like a blast. Maybe I'll read it one of these days.
>>
>>46173729
>Hey, I'm going to say the word 'god' and actually mean 'lawyer'.

That's dumb. It's like making a quest where the MC is a wizard except he can't cast any spells. Or someone where the MC is a superhero that can't actually superhero.

Or a quest where the MC is a master swordsman set to protect his princess except she doesn't need any protec- Oooohhh...
>>
>>46173775
>Hey, I'm going to say the word 'god' and actually mean 'lawyer'.
You and I have a different understanding of the word "god" friend. It's okay, I'll be the one writing the quest, and as such it doesn't really matter. Replace "god" by "spirit" if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>46167138
No.

Quit that attitude. New QMs have been getting progressively worse and worse to the point that I question whether you even listen to the PLENTIFUL advice for new QMs that is made available in the pastebins and on IRC. So all of you little shits quit moping and go look for some actual advice so you can work towards making your quest real and save us from the half dozen daily failed quest starts.
>>
>>46173797
Oh, so you mean the eastern idea of 'kami', where they're lesser gods. As opposed to a pantheon of gods, where they're all pretty goddamn powerful (not infinitely so, but much more than a mortal) but equal, or the abrahamic god, where you're basically a creator diety of immense and infinite power.

When I think of gods in fiction, I think of the pantheon variety, so that's what I assumed.
>>
>>46173811
This to be honest. The best advice I can give to new QMs is to lurk in successful quests so you can get a feel for how those QMs run.

It's helped me out a lot that's for sure, even if I made some bad decisions anyway. But it's a good experience nonetheless.
>>
>>46173693
This sounds kinda cool.
>>
>>46162653
I'd kind of enjoy participating in a Harry Potter based quest (just... without Harry) after reading some thread last week about it (and then watching the movies). Although it was brought up in the thread that the Harry Potter universe makes for a shitty game, especially a a quest type game.
>>
Wew
>>
>>46176590
Yeah, it is pretty amazing.
>>
File: And Tim.jpg (402 KB, 1509x978) Image search: [Google]
And Tim.jpg
402 KB, 1509x978
What superhero quests haven't we done yet?
How would we feel about a Superhero quest where you're part of the Injustice-ish timeline where the big cheese took over?
Or a Superhero quest revolving mainly around multiple timelines and things like that?
I kinda like the idea of tackling multiple eras of comics, Gold, Silver, Dark, that sort of thing, I'd want to incorporate some of that at some level.
>>
>>46176881

A decent Worm Quest. One guy made one where you played as the lost member of the Travellers, but he gave up.
>>
File: Chicago PD logo.png (86 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Chicago PD logo.png
86 KB, 300x300
I plan on running every Friday at around 17:00 because it seemed to work out last time. It seemed to me that a Noir quest set in prohibition era Chicago was a good idea and caught a few readers.

Also I'm not sure about most other QMs or why there is a small number, but I'm finding it hard to run on any other day of the week with the exception of Friday nights/evenings.

twitter: detective_qm

Also I'm still trying to figure out how to get on the twitter list besides dropping my handle in every quest discussion thread.
>>
>>46176881

That might work, but I kind of want a Tiger & Bunny Quest. Can YOU become KING OF HEROES?
>>
>>46172681

Joker is Wraith: The Oblivion + Accel World.

DXQ is genetic anime city.

Crusader + AtoW are the only original ones.
>>
>>46177231
Well I always thought that if I ran a Sentai quest you'd have to be heavily concerned about public popularity and merchandising rights, if that's at all similar to that.
>>
>>46168841
....do NOT tempt me.
>>
>>46168841
Wouldn't that be more like a civ quest that runs like Oregon Trail?
>>
>>46177231
I liked all of the older heroes of that, more focused on background and how the job wears on you. Less focus on minmaxing public popularity, more focus on balancing superhero life with HAVING a life.

I thought the ending was cheapened by the lame "bonds of friendship" schtick with Bunny when the other dude was literally Tiger's childhood friend.
>>
>>46177264

Now I'm sad that DXQ has no continuation, but it was an episodic series anyway.

Reading through Joker Quest is a trip. I can kind of see what the fuss was all about, but it's exhausting to read. All the happy parts feel like the writer really wanted to write something else.

I can't be the only one who thinks that JQOP really wanted to cuck us with Naoya, right? We would even have deserved it for being deliberately dense and refusing for commit.
>>
>>46177632

NTR would lead to a shitstorm in any quest ever. See: Psion Quest.
>>
>>46177632
JQOP already commented on that, stating that no NTR was going happen, but he wanted to make the players feel threatened by creating an illusion of possible NTR. He wanted Naoya to be perceived as a threat without actually making him do anything malicious or even seem like a bad person.
>>
>>46177994

I still think he chickened out after the whole thing with Kraken.
>>
>>46177994

There's some astonishingly edgy content in Joker Quest, but it never feels like too much. The one that did go too far was the Alura scene, which was just wallowing in misery. Raping the MC didn't really get her anywhere.
>>
>>46178104
Apparently JQOP wanted to see how the players would derail his plans if he took away their ability to just brute-force their way through the situation. Sadly, he ended up making Alura so immensely hateable that most people were too busy spitting poison at her to try and be creative, or realize that the whole scene was a parallel of the one from the play and that we could've freed ourselves by overwriting her authority with the Nihl Sphere.
>>
>>46178104

She wasn't raping him, she was trying to tear out his immunity to the black good. In fact, she succeeded at that. She only failed at corrupting him.
>>
>>46177264
>Crusader
>historical fiction
>original
Nigger what
>>
>>46178361

It's all in the execution, but every time I read Crusader I keep thinking of the Kingdom of Heaven movie.
>>
>>46178402
Doing a historical setting well doesn't make it original, it makes it good.
>>
>>46177994

It was obvious there was something deeply wrong about that guy from the moment he showed up.

The one big plot hole left unanswered is this. Red Joker has about a hundred subjective years of experience in the Underworld equivalent of Accel World's Unlimited Field, and six years of 'real-time' experience after that.

What was he doing all that time? He should have been completely maxed out on everything, given how much he levels up over the Quest. Was he sitting on his ass for one hundred and six years?
>>
>>46178742
>Doing a historical setting well

Except he didn't do it well. Crusader quest was a heaping pile of shit almost from the start.
>>
>>46178945

It was basically Game of Thrones except with more sex. Or rather, they were going for a Game of Thrones thing.
>>
>>46178909

Trying to live an ordinary life, I assume. The PC is seventeen years old, which meant that this stuff happened to him when he was a child. The Quest begins when he finally gets back into the game.
>>
>>46178976
Which might have been successful if the QM could write worth a shit.
>>
>>46178909
>Was he sitting on his ass for one hundred and six years?
He was mostly just trying to survive in the Black and any fighting he did was with a focus on getting as far away from danger as possible. Moreover, both Correctors and beings spawned from Lachryma contain barely any essence, so it's not strange that he didn't get many level-ups if he mostly avoided risking his life. Also, he got the Red Joker armor halfway through (or near the end of it?) his stay there, which replaced his Frost Cestus armor and brought him back to level 1.
Finally, it's stated very early in the quest that the amount of fights RJ has been getting into recently is abnormal and he was (un?)lucky if he got to fight once every few months prior to the Quest's start.
>>
>>46179052

I get that ReviewAnon might have soured you on it, but CrusaderQuest was fun. More fun that Superhuman Legacy, in fact.

>>46179162
>>46179027

It sounds like a real shitty place. There was this image of RJ all beaten and cut-up, wasn't there?
>>
>>46179341
I had read crusader before review anon did. He just echoed my thoughts fairly well.
>>
File: 46549894984.jpg (236 KB, 767x669) Image search: [Google]
46549894984.jpg
236 KB, 767x669
>>46179341
Yeah, he's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>46176942
That'd have been interesting, but honestly, I barely even remember who the Travellers are.
>>
>>46179931

Krouse, Ballistic and so on.
>>
>>46179998
Yeah, I still got to check the wiki. I remember Noelle, and that she was a big bad monster, but that's it.

I honestly only remember the very end, the fight with Scion where what's-her-face is completely fucked up and mental and uses some guy's power to create a mantle of portals to enhance her appearance, because that was a great character moment.
>>
I miss re:monster ex. Does anyone know when the qm is coming back?
>>
>>46180379
As a player of his quest wouldn't YOU have the most information regarding that?
>>
Ok guys blood mage quest has started.
>>46180956
>>
Hey /wqdt/, is it better to write a quest in 1st person perspective or 2nd?
>>
>>46181185

I find 2nd person to be easier. It's close to how roleplaying games, text adventures and CYOA books were written, and quests are definitely supposed to be in that style.
>>
When does OC beget shitposting in a quest?
>>
>>46181185
it is better to write in the one you're comfortable with?
>>
>>46168056
>>46168432

We're actually running >>46181558
>>
Hey! I'm planning on starting up Thread 3 of Exorcism Quest at some point in the next hour! Highlights include: A creepy journal! A lake monster! And another member of the Four Horsemen! I'll post again when the thread's up.
>>
Whoops, crap, here's a post with me namefagging so you know it's legit! Exorcism Quest coming soon!
>>
>>46177089
>Friday at around 17:00
What timezone? I was here when you announced you will run a quest, I just couldn't catch the actual one in time.
>>
>>46170070
Homonculi Civilization Quest got me really grossed out. Then it got me grossly interested
>>
Hey people, I like to run a weird little quest on Tuesdays all about having unlimited power. I try to make every thread its own story, so if anyone's interested here it is.

>>46182116
>>
>>46181185
They each come with advantages. Second person is how it's traditionally done, but a few quests are in first or third. You should choose based on the intended tone and genre of your quest.
>>
>>46182334
>not using royal we
>>
So how about we actually make a list og good Akun quests?
In the previous thread were mentioned:

Well, starting with Akun's classics:
Evoker - http://anonkun.com/stories/the-evoker-u-fantasy-cyoa/f4780fce-e00d-44e4-a97f-9ebbeca466c9
Golden Empire - http://anonkun.com/stories/golden-empire-chapter-1-authority/c3ea820a-a8e6-4917-8067-f04d7eeca1ab This is chapter one, eight in total so far.
Depravity - http://anonkun.com/stories/depravity/ya9v6ZAGRYNnoT9ay Not "good" in regular sense, but very famous and generally fun quest about an immortal eldritch tentacle elder god fused with a loli on her way to conquering a space station and the the galaxy with the power of lewds. And enough magic energy to destroy moons.
I Hate How I Love You - http://anonkun.com/stories/i-hate-how-i-love-you/c1d3e2a0-c095-403d-ab02-2c0591672219
Switch - http://anonkun.com/drama/switch/-JL6U8tWjG9q86ZrvfP8
Flatline - http://anonkun.com/stories/flatline/-J9HIk6RUP5uU7FGYnOr/

Want something cozy/comfy/fluffy/blubbly/pleasant, with some smut, but ultimately on indefinite hiatus?
Blank Slate - http://anonkun.com/stories/blank-slate/p4j6nQhYEWchtvifC/
Evolving - http://anonkun.com/stories/evolving-quest/ZYsrjWTYnJgZ8s42B

Want some MAXXXXIMUM (very good) smut?
Filthy Smut Adventure - https://anonkun.com/live/Filthy-Smut-"Adventure"/-JUVN8H2uGlPs3BwbDbA

Want something quite decent, recent, with no smut (so far), and alive?
Promises of Power - https://anonkun.com/stories/promises-of-powerbr/W3yTMsk9etbwebh5D\
Re:crystal - https://anonkun.com/stories/recrystal/ddtJWCi7duRmvsKoi

Star Warrs: Errant - http://anonkun.com/stories/star-wars-errant/oH4kgG4cDBAH5b3er - abandoned

Anything else?
>>
The third thread of Exorcism Quest is up!

>>46182621
>>
>>46182472
>Filthy Smut Adventure - https://anonkun.com/live/Filthy-Smut-"Adventure"/-JUVN8H2uGlPs3BwbDbA
QM is sorry but will never stop hating himself.
>>
>>46182460
We can't all be pretty princesses, anon.
>>
>>46172681
>>46177264
Was AToW the one with the lesbian babies?
>>
>>46182875
No thats Paladin of Joy and something else, jap name that starts with an R.
>>
>>46182688
I am not sure I understand what you mean.
>>
>>46183097
He's wallowing in self-hatred to the point where he constantly unpublishes his quests, that's what he means.
>>
>>46182472
>all porn quests
>>
>>46183169
Define "porn quest". Because I am pretty sure you are wong.
>>
>>46183169
You act like you should be surprised that someone would only consider quests with smut "good" on /tg/.
>>
>>46179341
Is there a collection of screencaps for ReviewAnon's reviews?

I'm curious as to what quests he's looked at.
>>
>>46183234
There's better.
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviews
>>
>>46183250
Didn't he do the one with the lesbian dragon goddess too?
>>
>>46183097
I listen to beep whine about hating himself everyday.
>>
>>46183363
Crazma, that you?
>>
>>46183380
The discord is like 18 people.
>>
>>46183444
Yes, but Crazma talks to him the most. Well, Crazma talks the most in general.
>>
>>46183380
>>46183488
Hex pls
>>
File: HeiFace.jpg (71 KB, 533x900) Image search: [Google]
HeiFace.jpg
71 KB, 533x900
>>46183250
>mfw he only seems to review quests I've never read or even had a remote interest in
>>
>>46176881
>Superman
>The Big Cheese
>Injustice
>Worthwhile

Come on, anon. this is too much to forgive.
>>
>>46183562
Only reviews quests the QMs requested for some reason I can't recall right now. Supposedly there's a backlog of more to come, but no one's heard from them since GraveQM killed ReviewAnon.

Someone else might remember the backlog list.
>>
>>46182472
fuck off kas
>>
>>46183743
>>46183562
it was a backlog of I think like 8 other quests or some weird bullshit. But ya, GraveQM killed ReviewAnon which I find priceless.
>>
>>46183250
But that's not really better than screencaps, he makes references to the pictures he posts in his writing sometimes.
>>
>>46184040
How did this happen?
>>
>>46183169
Literally all akun is really for.

For about two weeks anonkun was just the general chat for Bio-Weapon Quest.
>>
>>46183169
There's a shitload of rape quests lately. I'm wondering how akun can sink any lower at this point.
>>
>>46184522
>implying it can sink lower than being a site for creepy pedos to live out their rape fantasies
>>
>>46183743
>>46184040

Okay I've been away for some time, could I get a tl;dr on this? What the hell happened?
>>
>>46184550
>triggered
>>
>>46184522
Could you please link this "shitload of rape quests lately"? Because I visit Akun regularly and I can't say you're right.
>>
>>46184619
>>46184417
It wasn't what he thought it was when he started to review it.
>>
>>46184619
>>46184417
Evidently it was next up on the backlog. A week passed and we hadn't heard anything. A second week passed and ReviewAnon popped in to assure us they were fine, just having difficulties getting through it. It was revealed that DAtS was a civ that was pretty heavy on numbers or something, and the QM said that ReviewAnon could drop it if they wanted to, but...

It's been two weeks since, and we can only assume they died trying to persevere.
>>
>>46184522
>>46184550
They used to be on here all the time back when smutty quests were allowed. Hell, some sneak by and nobody complains, like the orc one. I doubt the people here are any better than the ones on /tg/, they're just allowed to have their smut over there.

They're basically getting all the smut quests we don't get anymore. I wouldn't even be surprised if loads of their writers were QMs from here that want to unload and just write a bunch of hot smut but can't do it on 4chan.
>>
>>46184619
Gamist Civ Quest killed ReviewAnon.
>>
>>46184713
>>46184724
>>46184770

Do you think they'll ever find the bodies?
>>
>>46184706
ditto, where can I find rape quests?
>>
>>46184706
He's probably talking about two quests that appeared recently, bio weapon and the teacher harem one.

Teacher harem isn't bad because of rape, it's bad because its horribly written. Bio weapon has a hilariously intriguing setting for a monster sex quest, most people seem to follow it for the plot rather than the PLOT.
>>
File: Larry David.gif (7 MB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
Larry David.gif
7 MB, 500x337
>>46182973
Ah, Paladin of Joy.
>>
>>46184706
http://anonkun.com/stories/bio-weapon-quest/vmwQ9pEXsAHMAx24x/home

http://anonkun.com/stories/teacher-harem-school-of-shame-and-torture/uJfwCcnFr5gTMzK2m/home

http://anonkun.com/stories/the-poetry-of-rape/T4qFaaA4FvGd7Nkv6

http://anonkun.com/stories/the-limit-landsknecht-quest-br/YBMzjfwezRAybonQg/home

http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-the-suns-chosen/4T2zch4iXXYihWZAM/home

http://anonkun.com/stories/pregnant-bitches-questbr/Yq3NyuMgso5WbBmDL/home
>>
My first quest ever. Please take care of me, senpai!

>>46185108
>>
>>46184958
...what the fuck man
>>
>>46185137
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2tJ6P5POks
>>
>>46184958
Can you please explain how are #4 and #5 rape quests, and how is PB a recent quest? I started in fucking august and died several times since then. I wouldn't even call Bio-Weapon quest that recent, but whatever.
>>
>>46185238
4 and 5 are rape quests because the mc rapes people in them. It's pretty self explanatory anon.
>>
>>46184958
>one of them hasn't updated since February
>half of them started last year

Yeah, so many of these quests so suddenly. What's happening?
>>
>>46185346
They're recent in the overall history of anonkun. Did kas hire some shills? Is this the anonkun internet defense force?
>>
>>46185312
Not the same guy, but I'd personally say there's a difference between a rape quest and a quest where rape happens.

If basically everything is about getting more rape on, the quest is a rape quest. If the setting is such that, like Exalted or whatever, rape is just something that happens from time to time, it's not.
>>
>>46185429
I'd say the distinction is meaningless
>>
>>46185312
No it is not. Your definition is wrong.
>>46185467
I'd disagree.
>>
>>46185405
The overall history of anonkun has had a lot of smut quests. In fact, I'm not sure you appreciate how many smut quests.

Same goes for /tg/, by the way. The only reason there aren't loads running right now is that they're banned. We have had A LOT of quests that involve raep.
>>
>>46183562
What quests do you read or have interest in, anon?
>>
I have a question
How come quests are viewed as only slightly-higher-than-fanfiction trash while /a/ is currently jerking themselves off over several series based off webnovels? Does being from Japan give their trash more credulence?
>>
>>46185405
>Is this the anonkun internet defense force?
We hide under your bed and come out at night to whisper sweet advertising slogans in your ears, while you shift and shudder in your sleep.
>>
>>46184958
I'm relatively certain that bio-weapon quest is a test of some kind, designed to push anons to the the breaking point of human empathy.
>>
>>46185491
I'm talking about rape quests on anonkun, not smut quests on anonkun, smut quests on /tg/, or rape quests on /tg/. I don't know why you're trying to imply that /tg/ is no different than anonkun
>>
>>46185500
Hellborn, Banished, HMQ... not sure there are any others left that I enjoy.
>>
>>46185532
It sure pushed me way past them. I dropped that thing after the third time I felt the desire to beat the MC to a pulp.
>>
>>46185572
Fine. Anonkun's history overall has had a lot of rapey quests. So has /tg/.

I think they're pretty different. Anonkun doesn't have limitations is regard to what you can write, so people do their smut there now. /tg/ does have limitations on that stuff now, so they don't do it here. That's the only difference at this point.
>>
>>46185629
So what's your point?
>>
>>46185629
>Anonkun's history overall has had a lot of rapey quests. So has /tg/.
Like what?
>>
>>46185802
Don't be deliberately obtuse.

The point is that, for one, this isn't really an irregular number of such quests at once. Secondly, it's pretty stupid to think of this of all things as the site sinking lower, since the same people exist here on /tg/, and they were making threads like that for years. They'd still be doing so if it wasn't disallowed.

Anonkun's actual problems are its terrible site layout and probably a lower number of consistently good writers.
>>
>>46185629
And even then /tg/ doesn't actually have limitations on what you can write since text is supposed to be considered SFW, just the current generation of asshurt Freedoers do.
>>
>tfw was thinking of making my next quest an anonkun quest

>now I'm not sure.

It would have had zero smut to speak of, btw.
>>
>>46185937
If you say you won't write smut, people won't demand it or go for it.
>>
>>46185983
But my quest will die
>>
>>46185599
You're in luck, then.

The MC is probably going to explode because anons can't get it into their heads that being too much of a monster is obviously bad for him.
>>
>>46186031
Depends how gud you are.

Multiple quests have flourished without smut, or with utterly minimal smut. Shit, there's one 'smut' quest I recall reading on there that had zero actual smut, just remarkably good writing by quest standards.

I read it after it had wilted, but it was super popular until the writer decided to vanish.
>>
>>46186091
Can you name some? The only quests I ever hear people equating with Akun are smut or borderline smut.

I think there were a few that existed a couple years back. That Madoka one lasted a while. Recently? I'm not sure.
>>
>>46185937
anonkun exists only for smut, I'd do it here
>>
>>46176942
That's because Worm isn't decent.
>>
I'm kind of disappointed by Henshin Hero, I was hoping it was more like Kamen Rider instead of "Another Superhero quest with a federation and deep feelings".

No one cares but I wanted to say it.
>>
>>46186146
You only really need to look at the archives to see that there have been loads on non-smut quests.

I don't know about recent stuff, seeing as I haven't perused the site in ages. But at a glance most of the quests just generally around seem new, like a bunch just ended or something.
>>
>>46186431
I dropped it in thread 2 for the very same reason.

I just want a Faiz/Ryuki/Hibiki mashup with the stylings of Black, but I'll never get it.
>>
>>46182875
No, but it's the one where the QM explained to a yuriturd that magical lesbabbies are physically impossible due to how souls and the setting's general cosmology work such that even if they were possible, offspring between two women (or two men for that matter) would be soulless, spiritually unbalanced monstrosities.
>>
>>46182973
You're thinking of Ryukuza Quest
>>
>>46186459
Yeah, but how many of them actually thrive? Most I see are dead/dying/happen once every month for previous reasons.
>>
>>46183349
No
>>
File: Kr_Amazon_06.png (273 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kr_Amazon_06.png
273 KB, 640x480
>>46186470
>>46186431

That's how I felt.
I think making the MC a nerdy girl who was bad at everything was a mistake.

I wanted cool + fun, and instead I got lesbians + drama. No thank you.
>>
>>46184522
At least it's no longer diaper quest central
>>
>>46186527
Depends how stringent you are about 'no smut'.

Example: Blank Slate, despite being advertised as smut, had no smut at all, and was ridiculously popular until the writer left.
>>
>>46186576
>following quests with female MCs that aren't hellborn
You chose this.
>>
>>46186692
BS actually had smut, but it took a long while to get to it, and even when it did, it 1asn't the focus at all. I am still so damn mad Storier abandoned it.
>>
A quest where you're the president
And you fight the evil vice-president
>>
>>46186847
Bush vs Cheney?
>>
>>46186847

Metal Wolf Chaos Quest?
>>
>>46186899
>>46186860
Both at the same time

You must also fight an entourage of insane politicians who also want your chair.
>>
>>46186847
Metal Wolf Chaos Quest?
>>
>>46186527
See the list above? Most of the quests there had little smut that wasn't the focus of the story.
Promises of Power in particular focuses heavily on the story and only reached smut now, using it as a means to an end. And it's active. Go read it.
>>
>>46186956
>shilling this hard
>>
>>46186956
Promises of Power does actually seem pretty good.
>>
>>46186956
I want to believe it, but most of those quests extend past this dark age we seem to be living in.

In contrast, several quests I used to follow on Akun aren't even there anymore. A couple were smut quests, but the rest weren't. I just feel it has a very high failure rate to people who don't have a very obvious hook.
>>
>>46186498
>No, but it's the one where the QM explained to a yuriturd that magical lesbabbies are physically impossible due to how souls and the setting's general cosmology work such that even if they were possible, offspring between two women (or two men for that matter) would be soulless, spiritually unbalanced monstrosities.
Ouch. Not fond of /u/sers is he.
>>
>>46186498
BTFO
>>
>>46187149
Who in their right mind is?
>>
>>46187149
I always had the impression that quest was pure yuribait
>>
>>46187248
True.
>>
>>46187149
He actually has a lesbian side couple in his quest, they just won't be spitting out no babies any time soon.
>>
Since when is Thursday part of the weekend?
>>
>>46187324
Since when is Tuesday Thursday?
>>
>>46187324
Pretty sure it's Tuesday.
>>
>>46187324
When the big wigs decided to not nuke this thread from orbit.
>>
>>46187578
Fluffy tail is up for anyone who wants to join.
>>
>>46187313
Silver eyes circle of crazy teachers needs more screentime.
>>
Quests were a mistake.
>>
>>46188133
So were you.
>>
>>46185937
I have seen a few non-smut quests that by and large had a surprisingly decent population.

Dungeon Heart and its reboots were about being the literal core of a dungeon and micromanaging it block by block with rooms and minions. I warned the QM that both the dungeon and combat were 2 magnitudes of complexity beyond what one could reasonably keep doing the bookeeping and voting for, and that QM flaked out from not having time to run it.

There was another who tried to do their own take on AoPH, teaming up with a buddy for 2 QMs tagteaming. It went okay, with the expected amount of sperging over pokemon(too much), but the 2nd QM never arrived and apparently stopped talking to the 1st one IRL. 1st QM called him a cunt then flaked out on the quest.
>>
>that feel when someone posts really good fanart of a character in your quest

The best
>>
>>46173775
>It's like making a quest where the MC is a wizard except he can't cast any spells.

I would run/play that. It would be a great concept.
>>
>>46173775
>a quest where the MC is a wizard except he can't cast any spells
>anti-D&Dfag dream system.txt
>>
>>46188427
What quest?
>>
>>46189040
He won't say.
>>
>>46185508
No joke, there are A LOT of quests that are way, way, way better written than the average light novel. Shit, I've seen a few instances of writing that are actually better than what's regularly demonstrated by many popular novelists.

I'm pretty sure quite a few of our QMs could get published if they tried.
>>
>>46189105
What's the point of flaunting an aspect of a quest if you won't even name the target of your affections?

I probably could have worded that more simply, but fuck it
>>
>>46189106
I mean, 50 Shades of Grey got published and got a movie and the writing in that is essentially joked about by everyone.

And the only reason that happened was because women liked schlicking to it.

So,

>Smut
>Terrible writing
>Fanfiction

Boom, that's 75% of quests. So, QMs, you could be the next 50 Shades of Grey
>>
>>46189106
>No joke, there are A LOT of quests that are way, way, way better written than the average light novel.

This is what I was thinking today.

GATE is probably one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen, far inferior to even an average quest on /tg/. But it's wildly popular because it's Japanese I guess.
>>
>>46189264
It's wildly popular because Japan has an entire industry geared around amateur writers producing disposable literature for train reading and the like, which has grown into an industry for fueling anime or manga adaptations.

Japanese web novels and light novels aren't popular because they're Japanese. They're popular because they get adaptations in other media.

There's no framework for something like than in the west.
>>
>>46189264
Well, 99% of Light Novels are utter shit. It´s the rare gem one has to look for, considering that editors are incredibly lax in that part of the industry from what i´ve heard.
>>
>>46189158
Because it's a lie.

A lie hell try to hide behind the old "le never talk about your favorite quest in QTG meme
>>
>>46189158
Read carefully. He said

>your quest

As in, his quest. Not his favorite quest or a quest he's in. QMs generally remain anonymous in these threads.
>>
>>46189346
The closest I can think of is those 90's cartoon spinoffs of popular movies
>>
A small apology for yesterday's one shot, my ISP went down again, It was a pure mess

Another One shot stimulating a peace treaty done between two empires.

>>46189605
>>46189605
>>46189605
>>
>>46189466
Ah, didn't notice that. It's still silly to advertise your quest without saying the name.

I always like some good quest fanart.

adrogynousshadow.jpg
>>
>>46183169
Several of those are only as much porn quests as HMQ or Hellborn are porn quests. At least one of them doesn't have smut at all.
>>
File: isthisreallyhappening?.gif (2 MB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
isthisreallyhappening?.gif
2 MB, 245x276
>>46181074
>lets spare the guy who captured our friend, wants to kill us, is an asshole, and will never change his beliefs because of zealotry and vengeance motivations
>lets make the MC shape up to be a pacifist bloodmage, cauase that's a thing that certainly won't gimp us completely
>anons not wanting to team up with gnoll-bro
>that entire thread
Why is Bloodmage Quest's playerbase the dumbest and most infuriating playerbase on /tg/? I don't think I've ever seen a quest where players absolutely and vehemently refuse to do the thing in the fucking title, I.E. being a bloodmage.
>>
Are vocaroos cancer to quests?
>>
>>46180379
I don't know when the QM is coming back.
I miss him too.
>>
>>46191857
They make me cringe pretty hard but at least nobody's forcing me to click the link and listen to them.
>>
>>46191857
Not really? You aren't forced to listen to them.
>>
>>46191857
What current running quests have vocaroos?
>>
Are there any quests that fall under the 'high concept' category?
>>
>>46191936

Used to record a voice over or two for my quest on sound cloud but I never could keep it up.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.