[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Knights In 5e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-03-20-21-32-18.png (299 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-20-21-32-18.png
299 KB, 480x800
Death Knight general:
Applicability to campaigns, player character progression to death knight, etc.
>>
>>46148187
That's a lich.
>>
>>46148209
Hahaha. Look at this idiot.
>>
>>46148209
Lol, dumbass. Lich=Phylactery, Death Knight=unkillable until they are friggin redeemed.
>>
>>46148187
Lord Soth can cast Power Word: Kill, as well as a bunch of other stuff, making his being statted as a Death Knight somewhat hollow.
Personally, I find undead overused and prefer flesh-and-blood enemies for my players.
I had a villain I considered making into a Death Knight, but didn't go through with.
He kind of is one, in a sense.
They're certainly powerful enemies, but not something you want to make an end game villain unless you're running at lower levels.
Their unkillable nature can run from terrifying to just annoying.
>>
>>46148414
In his defense, that's the entry art in the 5eMM.
>>
>>46148187
...did nothing wrong?
>>
>>46148281
He has a phylactery, it's the metal box that housed the rod he took. His souls still in there and his body is connected to it. Duh, dude, read Dragonlance if you're gonna talk dragonlance.
>>
Do Paladins that have taken the Oathbreaker class after breaking their vows have the potential to become death knights. The progression to one and the possibility to become one at higher levels seem to be popular questions among players.
>>
>>46149442
Oathbreaker Paladin is edgy enough for your needs, and there's already homebrew for it if you really must have it.
>https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Death_Knight_(5e_Class)
No accounting for balance or quality, obviously.
>>
>>46149442
Don't know 5e, but before Soth, the idea was a kind of paladin, during Dragonlance, because it's a knight that dies and gets brought back as a liche, that became it.
But supposedly the original concept within dnd is along the lines of what you described.
>>
Speaking of Oathbreakers, if anyone remembers me from the last 5e general thread, I've updated my Oathbreaker variant homebrew based on input, and would love to get some more feedback on the latest iteration (What needs rebalancing, etc.):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/srs6pucafjrejrf/Oathbreaker%20Variant%20v2.5.rtf?dl=0
>>
>Thought it was a Wraith World thread

You got me fucking excited, asshole.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.