[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we all agree that this is the best thing that ever came out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: 70100181272_NightLordsOmni01.jpg (46 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
70100181272_NightLordsOmni01.jpg
46 KB, 600x620
So we all agree that this is the best thing that ever came out of BL, right?
>>
But that's not the Ravenor omnibus
>>
>>46139699
It was good but I wouldn't say it's the best
>>
Delete this thread.

The book is undoubtedly good but that fucking retarded deviantart-tier retarded landwhale fangirl fujoshi namefag will show up.
>>
>>46139699
>best
>anything but Execution Hour
>>
>>46139779
This.
Any early-mid 2000s book is better than what came after really
>>
>>46139699
>>46139727
>>
>>46139727
inferior to Eisenhorn omnibus
>>
That's not Deff Skwadron.
>>
File: In midnight clad.jpg (49 KB, 751x1063) Image search: [Google]
In midnight clad.jpg
49 KB, 751x1063
>>46139699
>>
>tries to make Zso Sahaal into less of a special snowflake

>so that ADB's characters can be bigger special snowflakes
>>
>>46140830
I would have agreed if the third Eisenhorn book didn't shit the bed
>>
>>46141210
What happened in the third book again?
>>
>>46141444
>Eisenhorn's resources get exploded
>fucking almost everyone dies
>Eisenhorn ends up sticking Cherubal in junior inquisitor
>what's his name the arbite says he's gone too far
>Eisenhorn is like nah
>arbite goes to other inquisitors
>Eisenhorn ends up slapping his shit
>sticks Cherubal in arbite's corpse after Cherubal escapes
>Eisenhorn ends up defeating Pontius Glaw Mark II: Electric Boogaloo

That's what I remember from reading it two years ago
>>
>>46141677
What was so bad about it? I don't remember regarding it as bad.
>>
>>46141677
Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>46141711
Frankly I don't remember what was that bad either but you asked for a synopsis.

I vaguely remember the final showdown being a little unbelievable because it's basically
>Eisenhorn crippled and held together with the equivalent of duct tape surgery and Cherubal

vs

>Pontius Glaw Mark II Robot Suit Made of Blades and an arguably more powerful daemonhost

>>46141774
I didn't even state an opinion in that post
I provided a synopsis and I think you have me confused for >>46141210 since I personally thought it was an decent book other than the ending "fight".
>>
>>46141711
Not same anon but I remember being really disappointed with the main conflict, and it's resolution. Like Pontius was looking for a daemonic chariot that ended up actually being a daemonic space ship or something which didn't make sense. Then from what I remember cyborg Glaw and Eisenhorn fight for like two seconds and Eisenhorn kills him. Also Cherubael blew up a Titan if I remember correctly.
>>
>>46141901

>doesn't understand chariot of the gods means spaceship
>doesn't understand glaw losing via obsession and corruption which is suppose to mirror eisenhorn's own path

They fight for a while, glaw draws out his victory because he's cruel/moment of triumph, gets distracted by eisenhorn destroying the true matter and falls to his death. Its literally a fall because of hubris from a tower. Some basic metaphor right there.

Eisenhorn by all normal measures should have lost. That was the idea. He was basically alone, weaker than glaw, alienated from most of his resources, old, had just killed several of his best friends, everyone and everything around him was falling apart. He went and did what he thought was the emperor's duty anyway and prevailed through willpower and either the blessings of the emperor or because he's an even bigger dupe than quixos. Shits' suppose to be ambiguous and unresolved.
>>
>>46141860
IIRC Glaw actually has a more powerful Daemonhost outright, but Cherbael wins, "you don't know how nasty I can be" is the line I believe.

Plus the Titan thing near the start is a bit .... outlandish. It seemed like a moment that was forced to ensure Eisenhorn does the radical thing, rather than some organic evolution. Perhaps Heldane nabs him like he did in Malleus and Eisenhorn has to use Cherubael to bust him out. That'd be a bit better, but it wouldn't cripple Bequin.

What even happened in those Bequin books anyway? Eisenhorn vs Ravenor come to life?
>>
>>46142290

Pariah sets up some potentially neat things that will never be explored because the HH series will never end.
>>
>>46142286
This.
>>46142290
I was left with the impression that Cherubael is a much bigger deal then the average deamon, and even maybe deamon prince.

It's been a while but iirc, he pulls some major strings from behind the scenes in book 2. To the point that Eisenhorn binds him and locks him away, a huge step towards becoming a radical, rather then leave him free roaming the warm.

Even with extra bindings at the end of book three he takes out a deamon host that's practically unbound.
>>
>>46142327
Neat things how? Does it continue that Enuncia bollocks? Does Eisenhorn win? He should. Ravenor as a series of books was only good because Gideon had acolytes who were more interesting than him. He was boring as shit.
>>
>>46139699
Curzefag I summon you.
>>
>>46142642

It sets up a what is potentially a several layered conspiracy, with either ravenor and eisenhorn working at odds, or pretending to be at odds to fool the conspirators, or both. Its got more on gideon and ravenor's agents doing stuff, alludes to what was their rift, harlon being hardboiled, some interesting descriptions of a gormenghast like imperial hive, and then we're never going to get book 2 or 3. Its worth reading if you liked the other series, but it doesn't seem like we're getting any more of it.

also alpharius
>>
>>46142813
....Sounds really cool. Is Bequin the main character?
>>
That isn't Titanicus
>>
>>46142849
Beta Bequin is indeed the main character.
>>
>>46142900
Who is Beta Bequin? Not Alizebath?
>>
>>46139699
>BL
Not exactly setting the bar high there.
>>
>>46142912
;D
>>
File: BlackLibrary.png (3 MB, 1781x1845) Image search: [Google]
BlackLibrary.png
3 MB, 1781x1845
Official ranking of most of the major BL books that take place in 40K
>>
>>46139699
>No one mentions Gotrek and Felix.
Disappointed/10
>>
>>46139727
I wish I could have like the Ravenor books. The whole time I was reading them, i couldn't help but think of how much cooler Eisenhorn was.
>>
File: HHranking.png (3 MB, 1605x1964) Image search: [Google]
HHranking.png
3 MB, 1605x1964
>>46143207
And here's the HH counterpart
>>
>>46143336

It's bullshit that Legion is in good tier but mechanicum is in acceptable. Mechanicum actually had interesting characters and some actual form of a plot, compared to all the lore-breaking bullshit and shitty "we r alpharius" memes
>>
>>46143207
>gunheads not on the list
>dead men walking not on the list
shit tier list fanpai.
>>
>>46143316
I like to think the story ended when kat got rescued.
Fuck Kremmler
>>
>>46143207
>The Grey Knights Omnibus -> Mediocre-tier
Fuck you, anon!
It was next in the list, and you killed the boner.
>>
>>46143466
this.
It was Grimdark Startrek, and the ending is pretty good.
RIP farseer
>>
>>46143466
>>46143773
Is there somewhere I could get the Priests of Mars books in paper? I don't want to download the eBooks.
>>
>>46140954
That makes me laugh, because its so transparent.

I'm convinced there's either some sort of character rights issue at play there too, or else there's some behind the scenes politics and someone nursing a grudge. I'm convinced I read about Si Spurrier complaining about GW/BL making constant, ridiculous demands on him when he was writing a lot of their comics and books back in the day.
>>
>>46143889
I Downloaded the ebooks anon. BL doesn't have paperbacks.
>>
File: 1450243922721.png (171 KB, 450x290) Image search: [Google]
1450243922721.png
171 KB, 450x290
>>46143207
>>46143336
Someone know a major repository for 40k books??

I remember there was one, but they shutted it down.
>>
>>46143974
This saddens me. I prefer paper to digial.
>>
>>46139779
Flight of the Eisenstein
>>
File: Well fuck you too.jpg (30 KB, 883x617) Image search: [Google]
Well fuck you too.jpg
30 KB, 883x617
>>46143207
>mfw I liked Redemption Corps and Fire Warrior

I would add Deathwatch by Steve Parker and Baneblade by Haley in Good Tier and Dark Hunters by Kearney in God Tier though.
>>
>>46144027
yeah,
I take what I can get.

>>46144125
Redemption corps was based. Pretty cool MC and villain. Also had the best romance in BL.
>>
>>46144003
Kickass
Also check age of sigmar pastebin for rhomu library
>>
>>46144192
whats Rhomu? and any good AoS stories?
>>
>>46143207
>soul derpers
>good
>>
>>46143207
Why is the Unforgiven so down there? All the time travel fuckery?
>>
>>46144192
Already found, thanks.
>>
>>46144225
wait nvm
cheeky /tg/
>>
>>46142912
Bequin is dead. Beta Bequin is her clone IIRC.
>>
>>46143207
>Soul Drinkers
>Good

The Soul Drinker books were some of the worst books in the entire black library. Just as bad as CS Goto.
>>
>>46143207
>>46143755

They grey knights books were good books.

So was deliverance lost.
>>
>>46143207
>priests of mars accetable
nigga, what book did you read? That book was amazing, even outside Bl. The sequels got progresssively worse, with the 3rd beigh "meh", but the first one is just plain GOOD from any point of view.
>>
>>46139732
I-I'm not a landwhale...
>>46139699
yes
>>
>>46146251
The third had a pretty solid ending.
I hope the farseer is happy with her space marine babbies.

>>46147379
Thats not 15 hours.
>>
>>46147485
the ending could've been easily been cut and put into the second book, the whole third one sometimes feel like a "filler". I mean, the main threat and enemy of the book-the doggies-are completely irrilevant and uninteresting(and also ridicolously OP).
i had the feeling that the book could have been 2/3 shorter and i would have enjoyed it nonetheless.
i mean, it was a good read-mcneil either writes horrible shit or really good stuff, nothing in the middle-but i felt this was one less inspired than the previous ones. with the first and second i literally couldn't wait to read more every fucking chapter, the third one misses this feeling, beign most of it "lets shoot doggies even tho they will regen again but hey look i filled other 20 pages"
>>
>>46143336
I remember the best thing to come from Outcast Dead was the Brazzers shoop of the cover.
>>
I really liked ADB's Talon of Horus novel that came out a few years ago. relatively slow paced novel about Chaos Space Marines being bros with added Warp fuckery.
>>
>>46143207
>the macharian crusade being mediocre
fuck off, it's a great trilogy
>>
>>46147887
yeah, I agree. A large part of the third book dragged along. The ending was worth it though.

The entire combat with the emperor's champion fighting side by side with the eldar was bonerific, Much better than the main bad guy.
>>
>>46143207
no Helsreach?
>>
>>46147485
>I hope the farseer is happy with her space marine babbies.
What happened here?
>>
File: bride1-648-x-972.jpg (131 KB, 648x972) Image search: [Google]
bride1-648-x-972.jpg
131 KB, 648x972
>>46139699
Reminder than ADB is married to this thing.
>>
>>46149014
>ThatCurzefagWhoShitsUpThreads.jpg
>>
>>46143207
I've read the Bastion Wars Omnibus and enjoyed reading it (especially the IG section of the book). I also finally got to finish the Blood Gorgons because a friend got my book destroyed by rain.

what was terrible about Bastion Wars? (other than Chaos Winning)
>>
>>46149014
I imagine she could have been cute, some 50 pounds ago.
>>
>>46148560
Yep, in the end it was a good read and i was glad i purchased it.
Also I liked how GW hinted at the books in skitariis codex, even tho in the end it had no effect on the general lore.
>>
>>46149014
Where's her neck?
>>
>>46139699
No. The first Night Lord book was pretty good but this trilogy was just fanwank. Zso Sahaal was more interesting.
>>
>>46143207
Actually, the C.S. Goto Blood Ravens trilogy is pretty good if you like more surreal Warp fuckery and the Alpha Legion being the Alpha Legion. I think Goto did obscure and mysterious Alpha Legionnaires before they made it official in HH.

And I seem to recall that the Bastion Wars by Zou was accused of being plagiarized from a bunch of war novels.

Warrior Brood is also pretty okay for a Deathwatch book, especially since it ties into the Kryptmann Gambit and how innately fucked up it is.
>>
>>46148246
Yeah where the hell is the follow up to that book?
>>
>>46149577
Warrior Brood was a rather fun read although I thought the ending sucked. Warrior Coven was just a giant waste of time though.
>>
>>46149657
The ending was perfectly grimdark I thought. It really played into that one fanbase that says nothing should ever go well and everything should always be fucked up because otherwise it's not GRIM and DARK enough.
>>
>>46143207
>kyme above redemption corps
>emperor's gift in god tier
>ravenor on the same tier as eisenhorn
your opinions are fucking terrible
>>
Is Ciaphas Cain too comedic to be considered part of the Black Library canon?
>>
>>46143207
This is among the shittiest book "guides" I've ever seen on /tg/. The only thing right on that entire book tier you got there is Eisenhorn and the Night Lords. You dun fucked up everything else.
>>
>>46146251
Just finished reading Priests of Mars and I'm a bit into Lords of Mars. The sequel doesn't seem quite as great so far. I'm really hoping it doesn't nose dive for me like the sequel to Skitarius, Tech-Priest.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.