[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For someone so important there is almost no lore on this guy....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1456771802014.jpg (1 MB, 1476x3175) Image search: [Google]
1456771802014.jpg
1 MB, 1476x3175
For someone so important there is almost no lore on this guy....
>>
>>46117518
literally who
>>
>>46117518
Ya, who is that?
>>
>>46117609
Goldmannicus McPauldronfuck.

He's the man responsible for the terrible design scheme behind Astartes armor. He's been on the run from everyone with aesthetic sense ever since.
>>
>>46117518

Custodians get some HH BL lovin in the short story Blood Game and in the First Heretic. Pretty sure there's some more shorts with them in it, having a conversation with dorn about how to best fortify and defend. Forget what its called, all that shit blends together into a pulpy mass after a while.
>>
>>46117518
>not space marines in 40k
>they guard a chair all day
>they need more lore

WAT
>>
File: BrqSbZa.jpg (281 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
BrqSbZa.jpg
281 KB, 1680x1050
>>46117518

I'd actually be 40.000x more interested in a life story about the avargage custodian than another one of the generic "heroes of the Imperium"

There is so much unknown about them in general, especially the whole why and how they are build, how old they are, how strong, if they reallky fight deamons all day, the extreme political intrigue

>mfw I know that BL would make the story totally over the top adventure
>>
>>46117518
He looks like my old rugby coach, inbred Scottish fuckwit.
>>
>>46117636
Gold and pauldrons are a timeless classic
>>
>>46121349
Shut up, Goldmannicus.
>>
>>46118408
Hands of the Emperor is their other major appearance so far.
>>
>>46118408
Hands of the emperor short mentions loads of varities or ranks
Lowest seems to be foot Knights with actual custodians as officers - maybe you have to earn a second name to get promoted
Then there are terminator custodians and dreadnoughts
Master of mankind and maybe forgeworld bk 7 will show more
>>
>>46120727
We already know what they do all day. Guard the absolutely massive Imperial palace, find and seal gaps in its defenses, and kill everything that attempts to get inside that isn't supposed to. There is no political intrigue. Their word is absolute as the Emperor's caretakers but they do not involve themselves outside the Palace. The Custodians were handcrafted by the Emperor and trump everyone short of powerful named characters because plot armour.

The whole fight demons all day everyday is more of a fan idea based on the one excerpt about the old webway portal being well guarded and sounding like a massive battle is raging behind it. But that is probably just the Warp raging behind the closed gates.
>>
They have guns on a stick. They spend 10,000 years guarding a chair. They used to have jetbikes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.