[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to have a "good" oriented Chaos cult,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (541 KB, 1000x1201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
541 KB, 1000x1201
Is it possible to have a "good" oriented Chaos cult, based around the opposite aspects of the gods (like they were when the warp was calm)? i.e.

>worship Nurgle, god of growth and health

>Slaanesh, goddess of love and generosity

>Khorne, god of mercy and forgiveness

>Tzeentch, god of wisdom and reason

Have you ever used such a cult in your RPGs or based an army around them?
>>
You could start one, but it will be tainted in very short order.
>>
Well the Chaos Gods do operate like a monkey's paw where you get some benefits and then they sodomize you. Tzeentch gives you knowledge at the price of a backstabbing.
>>
Chaos is all about extremes, man.

Nobody goes into chaos because they're evil.

They WANT the good aspects. But the inherent imbalance caused by these gods of emotional excess and extreme makes it bad.

Nurgle will give you health and vitality, but he'll also indiscriminately give all the microorganisms in you health and vitality, and force you to give health and vitality to bugs.

Slaanesh will give you love and generosity, but will also demand your love to the exclusion of all others, and keep taxing that generosity.

Khorne will give mercy and forgiveness....by sparing the weak the hardship of life, and laying slaughter to all who lie in view, since they're obviously weaker than you if you can kill them.

Tzeentch will give you wisdom and reason...more wisdom and reason than any one particular person should have, giving you ambitions far beyond your station, and wrapping you up in plan after plan after plan, so that you can never be satisfied with any result from ANYTHING you do ever again.

It's just not good. Chaos is bad because chaos takes things that are good in moderation, and focuses on them to the exclusion of other things.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 848x716) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 848x716
>>46091604
What about Chaos undivided? If you worship all the gods at once, is their individual power over you lessened?
>>
>>46091719

If by lessened you mean "It hurts less because they're all tearing at me and rending my flesh from five different directions, and I'm going crazy in ALL the ways", yes.

No. Now you have five sets of rules, five different types of madness, and probably not even five boons.

That being said, Chaos Undivided isn't something you can just ADOPT. The gods are jealous. For the most part, at least from the stuff I've read(and I haven't read speshul snowflake black crusade), Chaos Undivided requires you to have some sort of evil DESTINY.
>>
>>46091719
In the same way that swallowing a whole bunch of poison at the same time means each individual one is less likely to kill you.
>>
>>46091387
The "good" aspects of Khorne would be martial strength and honour.
>>
>>46091866
khorne doesn't care where the blood flows from.
The concepts of honor don't apply to him except in the most twisted of ways.
>>
>>46091387

No, it's not possible.

The thing about Chaos is that it's fundamentally like nuclear radiation. It's going to fuck you over no matter what you do, if you don't follow procedure. Even then, you can't trust the buggers an inch.

No-one STARTS out evil, you know. Remember that Nurgle farming cult? They were fairly innocent at first, until the plants began to grow with insane fecundity. Then horrible things stole out of the soil. Then they started killing people and burying them so more plants could grow.

Then shit was well and truly fucked. The oxygen level was so unbalanced, the whole place turned into a firestorm.

Hey, how about that Space Marine chapter master who prayed to Tzeentch for the wisdom to know when he was being lied to? He heard EVERY LIE from EVERY PLANET in the system constantly, and his entire Chapter went mad.
>>
File: ordergods.png (77 KB, 1003x495) Image search: [Google]
ordergods.png
77 KB, 1003x495
There was a thread a while back on just this topic.
>>
>>46091387
Yes but then it becomes twisted. The cultists might think they're doing good, but in reality they leave scenes not for for the eyes of children and the sane.
>>
>>46091979
It was every lie in the galaxy.
>>
>>46091719
chaos undecided gets less benefits and is more likely to be betrayed, but they have greater variety
>>
>>46091387
It's a big universe why not
>>
>>46091387
>Is it possible to have a "good" oriented Chaos cult, based around the opposite aspects of the gods (like they were when the warp was calm)? i.e.
NO BECAUSE CHAOS IS A MENTAL DISEASE THAT GROWS WORSE THE MORE YOU INDULGE IN IT

THE ONLY POSITIVE WARP ENTITIES ARE THE ELDAR GODS AND EVEN THEY ONLY GET AS GOOD AS GREEK ONES

GET THAT INTO YOUR SKULL
>>
>>46091719
>What about Chaos undivided? If you worship all the gods at once, is their individual power over you lessened?
They're the only ones who ever get anything done, so probably. Still evil as fuck, but not the lolsorandum self-destructive kind.
>>
>>46091929
>Doesn't care from where the blood flows

Except if you use magic, and he likely has a preference for the strong.

Khorne's aspect of honor isn't knightly or anything, but he does have at least a hint of a code.
>>
What's the deal with the gods in 40k anyway, why are there only 4 gods of negative emotions, why arent there any for positive emotion? Even if there's far more negative stuff going on due to grimdark there should still be an entity out there, right?
>>
File: servants of Chaos.jpg (500 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
servants of Chaos.jpg
500 KB, 1024x576
>>46091387
Yes
>>
>>46092365
Isha seems nice.
>>
>>46092470
Hera seems nice
>>
>>46092441
nah. Emps is the only source of good in 40k, and he literally eat the souls of his followers.
>>
>>46092496
hera was a right old cunt.
Athena was cooler.
>>
>>46092508
>missing my point
>>
>>46092441
>, why are there only 4 gods of negative emotions, why arent there any for positive emotion?
Because they DO embody the positive emotions, it's just that the warp is cimpletely tainted, which tainted them.

They didn't CHOOSE to be negative as little as they can CHOOSE to be good.

This is incidentally also why Tzeentch can't win. He's the god of planning, not succeding.
>>
>>46092519
what point?
Isha literally does no wrong.
All she does is cry.
>>
>>46091387
You'd need to retcon the War in Heaven out of existence to even stand a chance of seeing a "good" Chaos cult.
>>
>>46091387
Even the nicest Chaos Marines are often tragic Byronic Heroes that know that Chaos sucks and being evil also sucks, but they have no choice other than roll with it.

And then there are those who start out truly with noble causes in mind, but slowly they degenerate due to Chaos shenanigans.

I will tell you this. If it weren't for the War in Heaven and how many negative emotions there are around, then the Chaos Gods would've been pretty much nice guys instead of extreme monkey pawns of twisted evil.

That is, the Chaos Gods also tend to forget that they are not made out of just negative emotions, but all emotions. Those positive ones are never actually seen or seen rarely.
>>
>>46092534
>All she does is cry.
Very low energy god.
>>
I gave Tiamat a whole religion behind her with each head being an aspect like a Chaos God, with Chaos Paladins and a whole Horseman of the Apocalypse deal, but with 5 riders.
>>
>>46091387
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
>>
>>46092534
>>46092722
Imperium would probably consider her being the Eldar goddess of fertility and mythological mother of Eldar as "doing wrong" (since without her there would be no Eldar, and less xenos is always better).

She also does whisper mortals cures for Nurgle's plagues, though, which is definitely a good thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 960x720
>>46093551
Pic related
>>
>>46092441
>>46092530

Don't forget that there's a lot more slaughter than honour, a lot more vice than virtue.

Good Chaos Gods were likely killed and absorbed by their bigger, meaner counterparts.In the hypothetical situation that these good versions existed.
>>
>>46094642
>Good Chaos Gods were likely killed and absorbed by their bigger, meaner counterparts.In the hypothetical situation that these good versions existed.
You misunderstand.

The four we have now could have their positive aspects highlighted, as they still partake in them somewhat, the Galaxy is just such a shitty place they have been corrupted as well.

You can thank the Old Ones and Necrontyr for that.
>>
>>46093657
>>46092722
Honestly, she would be best wife for the emperor. Kind and caring while he is the god of righteous rip-n-tear.
>>
>>46094782
Wouldn't that mean she'd be the wife of like... 20+ people, given the Emperor's lore?
>>
>>46094824
eh, I mean she herself was formed from the psychic gestalt of war in heaven constructs. so they are technically the same beings, aka thought powered gods.
>>
>>46094846
If you say so.

Emps sometimes being referred to as a "we" instead of an "I" in the HH novels implies the original Shamans that killed themselves to bring him into the world are still around in his brainspace.
>>
>>46094737

how did they accomplish this feat?
>>
>>46091387
Not really because Chaos Gods canonically send mutations to their followers and these mutations usually make normal people insane.
>>
>>46094906
well he was 38k years old, or maybe he thought referring to himself as a "WE" would be rather grand.
>>
so what if you go sufficienty far from the rest of the inhabitants of the universe? would the warp calm down? could you have "a nice chaos cult" here?
>>
>>46094997
chaos cults cannot be nice because they take stuff to extremes. Like utter extremes.
>>
>>46094926
>how did they accomplish this feat?
By dumping so much EVIL into the Warp everything got EVIL!Cancer. Really, Chaos is certainly in the wrong (unlike everyone else who's just assholes about what they do), but that doesn't also make them victims of what went on in the Materium.
>>46094642
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>46094997
The only way a nice Chaos cult is ever going to work out is if you have them following a minor warp entity instead of the big 4, and even that might not go perfectly.

Even then their 'niceness' will be pretty superficial over the typical bloodhsed/hedonism they have to do to appease their god.
>>
>>46094926
By starting the biggest, most disruptive and chaotic war the galaxy has ever seen, a war that gave birth to the Eldar, Orks and untold number of other races. A war so massive in scope that planet-sized superweapons were considered normal, a war whose mark has yet to leave the galaxy, or will it ever.

A war so huge that this current, 10,000 year one is nothing but a speck compared to it.
>>
File: 174.jpg (763 KB, 1127x1574) Image search: [Google]
174.jpg
763 KB, 1127x1574
>>46091387
>based around the opposite aspects of the gods (like they were when the warp was calm)?
When the warp was calm, the good aspects of the Chaos Gods were that they didn't exist.

>>46095116
>a war whose mark has yet to leave the galaxy, or will it ever.
GW certainly seem to have tried though.
>>
>>46091409
Now I know that the chaos gods are "jackass genies," and Tzeentch is the very epitome of that concept, but it just doesn't make sense. If wisdom and reason cause you to be overambitious, then it's not really wisdom and reason at all - great wisdom would help you to know your place. It's just contradictory. Which is why it annoys me that chaos is the "biggest threat" to the Imperium - it makes no sense for anyone to fall, seeing what happens to EVERYONE who does, but they do because grimderp "lol corruption, can't stop it"
>>
>>46095231
Meant for >>46091979 and >>46091604
>>
>>46095231
>grimderp
That's about all there is to 40k, unfortunately. And GW seeks to streamline it by it all being chaos.

inb4 Necrons are chaos androids again 10 years from now

>>46095215
Regrettably so. True fans will always recognize that Chaos being the fault of two races' petty, ambitious desires ruining everything is better than "LOL THE CHAOS GODS ARE MULTIVERSAL AND WILL ALWAYS WIN."
>>
>>46091387
When was Khorne ever a god of mercy or forgiveness? His "good" version would be a god of courage and honor, the violence and bloodthirst redirected towards productive ends.
>>
>>46095231
no, hard earned wisdom causes you to know that you have your place in the big scheme. Knowledge brought about by selling your soul to chaos makes you think that you are better than everyone else and you should be top dog. And that way lies ruin
>>
>>46091979
>Remember that Nurgle farming cult? They were fairly innocent at first, until the plants began to grow with insane fecundity. Then horrible things stole out of the soil. Then they started killing people and burying them so more plants could grow.
Got a link?
>>
>>46095287
Yea, I have no idea where mercy bullshit comes from.

Speaking in the terms of the Chaos Gods, Nurgle would probably be the one to represent mercy and forgiveness.
>>
>>46092294
>>46091979
And that chapter master example looks like an especially grievous example based on that description. Obviously it means "I should know when someone is lying to me." Maybe there's some wiggle room for Tzeentch to fuck with him, but "identifying lies told to me" cannot POSSIBLY be turned into "all the lies in the galaxy" without just straight-up ignoring what he said.
>>
>>46095326
nah. none of them would. Especially nurgle.
>>
>>46092397
Daemonkin lore says that Khorne's code does not stem from honour.
>>
>>46095419
>Especially nurgle.
Nurgle forgives his followers to slights all the time, the only thing that really pisses him off is the refusal to accept your death.
>>
>>46095439
>Daemonkin lore
BAD WRITING
B
A
D

W
R
I
T
I
N
G
>>
>>46095116
What this war was fought for? Who won?
>>
>>46095447
his idea of forgiveness is to give you nasty warpaids and make it so painful that you forget your toothache.
And then you praise papa nurgle for making you get rid of dental hygiene.
>>
File: Realm of Chaos (Khorne).png (434 KB, 991x1340) Image search: [Google]
Realm of Chaos (Khorne).png
434 KB, 991x1340
>>46095468
Even old Khorne lore says he is not about honour.
>>
>>46095419
>>46095326
Can you even betray Tzeench? I mean betraying him is the same as worshiping him.
On the other hand though he'd give you the same mercy he gives his enemies and your station as sacrifical pawn wouldn't ever change, so that might sorta count, it doesn't seem like he holds grudges.
>>
>>46094997
>so what if you go sufficienty far from the rest of the inhabitants of the universe? would the warp calm down? could you have "a nice chaos cult" here?
Well, it's simple, really. Get a lot of psychically active people onto some rock and make them worship a deity of something that makes sense for such a civilization.
>>
>>46095468
That's to be expected from Khorne fluff. GW really has no idea that generic metal album cover-tier stuff becomes boring in short order.

Nurgle best Chaos God.

>>46095492
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/War_in_Heaven_(Necron)
>>
>>46095439
That confirms he has a code, and it relates to how he expects people to fight.

He dislikes magic and cowardice, and likes melee and strength.

What does the Daemonkin book call that?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>
>>46095519
You wouldn't betray tzeench because tzeench already knows what your plan is.
He will trip you up and cackle "Just as planned" as you get turned into a chaos spawn
>>
>>46095529
>metal album cover-tier stuff
Worst part is that since Slaanesh is the music god, there will never be any chance for a Khornate, Daemon, marine, or Renegade, to play a sickass guitar solo.

As such, Khorne becomes a waste of potential instantaneously.
>>
>>46095570
>You wouldn't betray tzeench because tzeench already knows what your plan is.
That's more of him betting on your betrayal and planning around it than staying loyal though. I mean betrayal is pretty rooted in intent.
>>
>>46095649
Frankly Tzeentch seems to offer the most bum deal of all the Chaos gods. You're guaranteed to be backstabbed and used as a pawn? Pass.
>>
>>46095690
Not to mention you have the most boring afterlife, too.

Khorne's demons endlessly butcher you if you die for him, Slaanesh's demons rape you with their barbed sicks if you die for them, You get 60 different kind of diseases and melt into a pile of soul goo if you die for Nurgle, but Tzeentch just throws you in a shitty confusing maze.
>>
File: 55.jpg (692 KB, 1237x1720) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
692 KB, 1237x1720
>>46095281
I meant that in the Newcron codex, and especially the NewNewcron codex, practically all references to such-and-such in 40k having its roots in the War in Heaven were deleted, and now the only notable thing to come out of it were the Necrons themselves.

>>46095287
>>46095326
Epic: Renegades I guess? Maybe other sources too. It's something of an anomaly though:

>Khorne is a noble warrior who respects strength and bravery, who takes no joy in destroying the weak, and considers the helpless unworthy of his wrath. It is said that fate will spare any brave warrior who calls upon Khorne's name and pledges his soul to the blood god. It is also said that Khorne's daemons will hunt down and destroy any warrior who betrays his honour by killing a helpless innocent or murdering in cold blood.

>>46095447
Refusal to accept death and instead living in denial of it is what Nurgle embodies. It's why the greatest Plaguebearers, the Heralds, are born from the souls of those who resist Nurgle's Rot the longest (and at the same time, their rebirth proves the ultimate futility of such resistance).
>>
>>46095921
>I meant that in the Newcron codex, and especially the NewNewcron codex, practically all references to such-and-such in 40k having its roots in the War in Heaven were deleted, and now the only notable thing to come out of it were the Necrons themselves.
Explains why I haven't seen it, then.

Why am I not surprised.
>>
>>46095727
honestly, tzeench's afterlife is the most safe then out of the big 4.
>>
>>46095287
Couldn't think of anything else. Courage and honor would probably be more fitting though.

Who WOULD have mercy as their "good aspect?" Malal (opposite of vengeance)?
>>
>>46091387
>worship Nurgle, god of growth and health
Yes and he loves all his children equally, unfortunately bacteria greatly outnumber people so he thinks that it is better if you act as a home for billions of extra bacteria than getting to be happy.
>Slaanesh, goddess of love and generosity
Love falls under papa Nurgle. Slaanesh's benevolent trait is perfection, seeking to better yourself. The Emperor's Children were susceptible to falling because they were obsessed with improving themselves with Fabius Bile starting his experiments before the legion ever fell.
>Khorne, god of mercy and forgiveness
No, Khorne's benevolent trait is honour, unlike the other gods who are willing to punch you in the back of the head, he prefers to punch you in the face.
>Tzeentch, god of wisdom and reason
Tzeentch is the god of hope and change, hope for a better tomorrow or for the individuals hope of power and influence. Hope isn't always good and change isn't always good. Hitler had his own hopes, the fact that they went counter to other people's hopes doesn't bother Chaos.

IMO the idea as a whole is sound but it should be done cautiously and be portrayed as a doomed effort (because Chaos is fickle). So it is an underground liberation group hoping to overthrow the tyrannical and corrupt government using the aid of Tzeentch, or maybe some noblemen following Slaanesh to become stronger and better through self improvement. At the end of the day the group should be doomed to evil though, the former freedom fighter's leaders become obsessed with power and become even more brutal tyrants than their predecessors. The cult following Slaanesh eventually goes to even more extreme measures to become better, using stimulants to stay awake for 20 hours a day doing work, or using steroids so they can be stronger and thus better soldiers.
>>
>>46095533
>What does the Daemonkin book call that?

Khorne's code of battle.

It explicitly says that it has nothing to do with honour.

Just a second gonna track it down.
>>
>>46095921
>practically all references to such-and-such in 40k having its roots in the War in Heaven were deleted

You are a liar.

They are still referenced in the novels and such.
>>
>"Constant, mindless bloodletting and destruction - That is all that Khorne cares for."
-- Codex: Daemons 6th ed Pg. 11

>"Khorne’s command is simple: kill, and kill, and kill again. Every single life taken in anger increases the Blood God’s power. He looks favorably upon those warriors who slay their comrades, for they prove their understanding of a greater truth"

>"The Blood God cares only for slaughter and butchery, craves only violence and death."
-- Daemonkind 7th ed

>"He cares not who is victorious and who is slain, just that they fight until they can fight no more. All that Khorne exists for, all that his entire being is bent towards, is the flow of blood from fresh wounds and the taking of skulls."
-- Chaos Daemons 4th ed Pg 10
>>
>>46096106
>Khorne's code of battle.
Which coincidentally sounds just like honor - albeit skewed and fucked up.

Maybe Khorne just thinks the word isn't metal enough
>>
>>46096134
Well, I wasn't talking about the novels, was I. :^)
>>
>>46096176
>"The Blood God cares only for slaughter and butchery, craves only violence and death."
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization

I get why GW likes Khorne so much now - he's so easy to simplify!

god, i wish the good black library authors would take over the general lore.
>>
>>46096176
>Khorne is the most powerful of the Chaos gods, a figure of titanic power who is worshipped by the mad and the violent across the world. Where Nurgle is jovial, Khorne is furious. Where Slaanesh beguiles, Khorne demands. Where Tzeentch schemes, Khorne slaughters. Khorne is known as the Blood God, for that is what he craves above all things, the shedding of blood, the reaping of skulls and the violent acts of war. He is the lord of murder and his bellows of rage echo throughout the eternities. He welcomes all who will worship him, just as long as they are willing to slaughter in his name.

>Khorne’s warrior code is simple: he demands that his worshippers fight, as much and as violently as possible. He has no time for magic and trickery and he cares little for the cunning gambits or ruses favoured by the desperate or cowardly. His disdain for such petty tactics does not stem from honour, however, for Khorne has none. He is simply rage made manifest.

>A true devotee of Khorne will stride fearless into the fray, praising his barbaric name with every axe stroke and sword thrust. The shield wall is Khorne’s church, the ringing of blades his hymns of devotion. Whenever battle grips the world, Khorne’s power swells within the Realm of Chaos, and so it is that he remains the greatest of the dark gods – for there ever have been, and ever will be, lunatics and murderers willing to offer him devotion.

>It is a curious thing that while Khorne blesses his servants openly, he is loath to intervene to save them. Supplicants of other, weaker deities might pray in vain for deliverance or mercy. Not so the devotees of Khorne, who know full well that the Blood God cares not for their lives. Blood must flow – he demands it. Whose blood feeds those endless rivers is of no consequence. He accepts all such libations offered in battle, no matter the source.
>>
>>46096216
Codex, novels, whatever.

All are lore sources. There hasn't been anything deleted.
>>
File: tyranid.jpg (35 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tyranid.jpg
35 KB, 800x800
>>46096237
>ever will be
you sure about that
>>
>>46096201
"His disdain for such petty tactics does not stem from honour, however, for Khorne has none. He is simply rage made manifest"

But according to the lore it isn't.

>>46096234
Khorne was always this way.

Only one or two 40K sources said Khorne has honour.

99% of the sources, old and new, especially those in WHFB state that Khorne is an honourless god of slaughter.
>>
Originally Chaos wasn't evil. There were gods of
Law back then and it balanced out. You COULD go to Khorne for bravery in battle, and Nurgle for weathering sickness and decay, or Tzeench for guidance and wisdom and you wouldn't get fucked for it. The gods of Law are dead now and there's nothing to reign in the chaos gods so they are walking perversions of what they once were. You know how Elvis lived the last part of his life? Yeah, the Chaos gods are basically Elvis at this point.

(One might argue that the Eldar created slaanesh, I always felt that the Eldar just fucked a hole in the universe and let Slaanesh out).
>>
>>46096267
The Hivemind is not a god.
>>
>>46096267
That does make me wonder, what the fuck does Khorne think of Tyranid victories?

Sure, blood flows, but then the Tyranids slurp up all that blood and use it to make more Tyranids.
>>
>>46096308
>Originally Chaos wasn't evil. There were gods of

Wrong.

See >>46095504

Even the Chaos Gods of Law were evil.
>>
>>46096298
So Khornw doesn't have honor. He just happens to have an honorable code of conduct that he expects his followers to abide by.
>>
>>46096347
Khorne considers Tyranids to be among his gore drenched plaything
>>
>>46096323
Hivemind isn't a god, but it sure does have the capacity to kill every single psychopath in the galaxy.
>>
>>46096392
>Khorne considers Tyranids to be among his gore drenched plaything
The Tyranids consider Khorne "dinner"
>>
>>46091387
In an RPG I ran, the PCs were buying health potions at a reduced price from a cult that called themselves the Grasping Hands. They worshiped a minor goddess of dealmaking and honesty, and their symbol was a circle with two hands in it, shaking.

What they didn't know was that the "goddess" was actually a demon who traded power to mortals for their souls, and used the cult basically as a PR firm, but i never got to make a story out of it.
>>
>>46091929
Honour actually was an aspect of Khorne.
Sadly people start to ignore it.
Maybe he wasn't monotonous enough.
>>
>>46096537
>Honour actually was an aspect of Khorne.

It's not.

99% of the sources say that Khorne cares not for honour.
>>
Somebody please post the actual text that states Leviathan is the main Tyranid force. If it doesn't exist, that means Leviathan is still a splinter from the true swarm like everything else. If that's the case, the true swarm is still coming, and it'll fuck over everything. If it DOES exist, then I concede, but wow, GW really hates any evil lore that isn't giving Chaos a vigorous blowjob, huh?

If you point out Slaanesh backhanding that one splinter, you don't seem to understand how the Hive Mind works, and specifically how it's carried by Synapse. A small enough fleet's link to the hivemind would naturally be weak enough other psychic forces could fuck with it, but once the Tyranids ACTUALLY pour in it'll be a war of attrition for everyone. The united synapse combined with all sorts of fucked up bioforms we haven't even SEEN would mean there wouldn't be any hope for much of anyone.

The Tyranid hive fleets we've been dealing with now are like a flood. They'll take lives, but ultimately those clever enough or with the means to remove or divert them will survive.

The main Tyranid force is a tsunami.
>>
>>46091929
>Don't show mercy to an enemy. That's incredibly insulting.
>Never flee from battle (tactical retreats are fine).
>If your next target doesn't have a weapon, toss him one and demand that he use it. If he does, try to kill him, if he doesn't, also try to kill him.
>No sorcery.
>>
>>46096347
>>46096392
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fall_of_Shadowbrink
>No blood was being spilled for Khorne, just putrid alien ichor. All of Nurgles diseases were ineffective in the face of Tyranid adaptation.
>>
File: broodlord.jpg (32 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
broodlord.jpg
32 KB, 600x620
>>46098575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PMmPRBfdBQ

Tyranids continue to cement their status as the best 40k villain.
>>
>>46092459
I don't know if I'd call them good or evil. All that covenant really stood for was infecting people with bugs and a single secret door
>>
>>46098635
If their codexes were good...

Since 5th ED, they were quickly getting molested by Cruddance.
>>
>>46098770
Crunch doesn't matter fluff-wise- an accurate Tyranid battle would have about 500 of them for every 20 of you.

But crunchwise, yeah, they suck.
>>
>>46098809
Their fluff is solid, but lately they could add more Nid shenanigans in their codexes.

Crunchwise, they need some buffs and price cuts.

Also have the Swarmlord buffed back to his pre-nerf incarnation and add some extra flavor of rape.
>>
>>46098852
>but lately they could add more Nid shenanigans in their codexes.
Agree 100%

Reading the Doom of Malan'tai lore for the first time made me shit my pants at the thought of Tyranids learning how to eat souls, something only Daemons and C'tan before could do. Nothing that sobering regarding the Nids' impact ever since, save Shadowbrink.
>>
>>46098575
Don't forget that Tyranids are soulless, so Daemons can't even eat their souls after they die - but Tyranids can eat souls, as the Doom of Malan'tai did.

This combined with how their ichor doesn't fuel Khorne makes them practically chaosbane.

Fitting that the masterwork of the Old Ones would be so adept at reclaiming their realm.
>>
File: 45.jpg (681 KB, 1140x1599) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
681 KB, 1140x1599
>>46098980
>something only Daemons and C'tan before could do

DEldar did as well. And, of course, the good old Emperor Himself.
C'tan didn't though.

Personally I liked the asteroid orbital bombardment more.
>>
>>46099429
>Emperor Himself
But let us be frank, it's not like he wants to do it.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.