[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What planeswalkers do you think should show up more often?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Planeswalkers - Most Recent.png (4 MB, 1115x3728) Image search: [Google]
Planeswalkers - Most Recent.png
4 MB, 1115x3728
What planeswalkers do you think should show up more often?
>>
>>46081780
The ones with actual interesting characterization.
Oh wait...
>>
>>46081780

Tibalt
>>
Tezzeret and Koth definitely need to come back soon. I want to know what they're up to.
Arlinn is just making her debut, but I already want to see more of her. Being new, though, I can wait some.
>>
>>46082857
Second for Tezzeret, best walker. Don't worry Tez, if there's any justice in the world you'll get your revenge on that nasty old Bolas... you'll probably die trying, but you'll get 'em.
>>
R A B B I T
A
B U N N Y
B U N N Y
I
T
>>
>>46081780
Domri's a personal favorite, though pretty much anyone who's only shown up once would be nice.

As long as it isn't Jace. I wouldn't be surprised if he accounts for half of all Blue Planeswalker cards by now.
>>
>>46083027
Allowing multicolor and accounting for the new card, he's 7/20. Just over a third.
For monoblue, the number becomes 7/10.
>>
I'd like to see Narset and Sarkhan return together.

I'd like to see more of Ajani but I'd prefer him only if we get a Theros return so we can also bring back mah girl Elspeth. Maybe also try making Theros actually good in the process

I want much more Arlinn Kord after this block, Koth and Tezzeret should come back some time. Especially Arlinn and Koth. I dislike when new planeswalking characters are introduced but they are only seen on their native plane.

Vraska and Ashiok on their home planes.
>>
>>46083078
kill me now
why the fuck do we need 7/10 jace cards
whyyyy
>>
>>46083391
Ravnica IS Vraska's home plane.
>>
>>46083687
Oh. Woops.
>>
>>46081780
Teferi every day.
>>
I want Teferi to show up and smack Jace's shit.
>>
>>46083878
>>46083884
Teferi isn't a planeswalker any more and is stuck on Dominaria. It's also been over six decades since he lost his spark.
>>
>>46082955
>Rabbit a bunny bunny it

What?
>>
>>46081780
Daretti looks like a goblin priest. Maybe if they make him a goblin priest who is gay for Sorin, that would be fun.
Also I kinda want to see more of the Ravnica planeswalkers.
>>
File: Bane the Rising Fire.jpg (35 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Bane the Rising Fire.jpg
35 KB, 375x523
>>46081780

The greatest of all. The one who crashes all planes.

With no survivors
>>
>>46085094
>Also I kinda want to see more Ravnica planeswalkers.
Fixed that for you.
There's plenty of potential in planeswalkers from Ravnica, but apart from Vraska they aren't very interesting.

I want Simic, Boros, Rakdos and Selesnya walkers.
>>
>>46085165
I think a Simic walker would have the most potential. Exploring the multiverse looking for strange creatures to experiment on? That'd be a dream come true for most of them.
>>
>>46085315
Even with Boros being my favourite guild, I agree, but I'd want it to be separate from the way Izzet likes to look at things.
>>
>>46085165
Ral actually has a pretty decent angle, but they haven't done much with him.

I'd actually be more interested in planeswalkers from other worlds who have some similar interests, find Ravnica, and then join guilds than more walkers born on Ravnica. It just feels a bit much to have ten walkers from one plane.
>>
>tfw wizards kills off or mind breaks all the blue walkers so jace can get 3 new cards a year.
>>
>>46085094
Nah, that's just the way that artificers from Fiora dress.
>>
>>46085386
Agreed, though the massive increase in new species available to them would light up any Simic mage's eye.

Even having them wander around the multiverse to catalogue them all would be a neat motivation.
>>
>>46085412
Yeah, even the 3 from the plane itself feels like plenty, since that's triple what most planes get in a similar time period, probably owing to Ravnica's massive population.
>>
>>46085425
>12 of 32 planeswalkers are blue
>literally over a third
>this somehow isn't enough and we still need to have constant complaining about Jace
Thus far, Shadows Over Innistrad is literally the first block since original Zendikar that didn't have at least one non-Jace blue walker. Three of those blocks had TWO non-Jace blue walkers.
>>
>>46081780
Mr. Tibs
>>
>>46085476
If anything, Red should have the most planeswalkers. Would be fitting with how sparking is often heavily emotional, and planeswalkers themselves have the ultimate in freedom.
>>
>>46085525
For the sake of game balance, I disagree, but I like the idea behind that.
>>
>>46085476
>>46085525
>White
>Blue
>Black
>Red
>Green
>>
>>46085719
Yeah, it'd be best if there were an even number of walkers for each color combo, but I doubt they'd be able to achieve a perfect balance for long.
>>
>>46085763
I'll be honest, I just wish they'd stop repeating walkers.

I think one recurrence of a walker per block, OCCASIONALLY jumping to two would be fine, but new ones after tht.
>>
>>46085813
I can understand why they want to do the sort of big get-togethers of multiple canon walkers for plot purposes, and why they wouldn't want to constantly be churning out new ones.

I think going for 3 or 4 walkers per block in general would help cut down on that though. Go for something like Tarkir, where you have 2 or 3 who are key to the plot, and a new walker who may or may not have a hand in things.

For example, in the current set, Jace is entirely superfluous. In this case, they could have pushed it to be her, Nahiri, Sorin, and Tamiyo, easily.
>>
>>46086316
>they could have pushed it to be her, Nahiri, Sorin, and Tamiyo

To clarify, by her, I meant the new werewolf chick.
>>
>>46083078
>Jace is 70% of monoblue walker cards and a third of ALL blue walkers
Jesus christ why.
>>
>>46086360
I would agree with you that planeswalkers need to stop inundating every block, especially now that blocks are 2 sets.

By limiting it to 3 walkers per block, they can more intensely focus on story/design. Hell, I would even be happy if they did a few blocks with no planewalkers, or if they changed the story to not be, "interloping supertwats foil bad guys' plans again."
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.