[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LEGACY MTG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Time storm.png (268 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Time storm.png
268 KB, 375x523
Legacy thread

>tfw this will never get printed
>>
>>46081287
But then I have to buy candles, anon!
>>
>>46081460
Why reply
>>
>>46081287

I'm not super knowledgeable about Legacy outside of a couple decks like Stoneblade, Miracles, and aggro decks, but what is the purpose of this card? I know there's likely a specific use for it where going -2 just to get two copies of something 1CC that's already in play and untapping is good for.

Storm?
>>
>>46081460
! you gets it!!!!!

more love for the tides
>>
>>46081502
Seriously
>>
>>46081287
To be fair it is not that broken and could probably get printed in a commander set or something.

>>46081502
Its a mana ramp by adding lands. 12 post would like this a lot.
>>
>>46081556
what is your problem?
>>
>>46081287
That card will never get printed because it's bad, and you should feel bad.
>>
>>46081287
Uninstall your internet browser and stop playing Magic, please.
>>
>>46081731
Would you care to elaborate?
>>
File: Temporal Mastery.png (273 KB, 396x554) Image search: [Google]
Temporal Mastery.png
273 KB, 396x554
>>46081287
How cards on KTK block should have been
>>
>>46081287
>this will never get printed
Yeah no shit, this can fetch two Lion's Eye Diamonds and would break the fucking format in half
>>
>>46081460
Fuck that, buy 4 auriok salvagers, 4 cavern of souls 1 led 1 pyritre spellbomb. Awful design.
>>
Is this a legacy thread or a shitty custom card thread
>>
>>46084291
It looks like one of the shitty customcardfags tried to cover his assistant for making broken terrible stuff and /tg/ rightfully called him out on it.
>>
>>46081287
Nigger that's a green card
>>
>>46081287

Dude, Dredge is a deck that exists.
>>
File: my deck.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2176) Image search: [Google]
my deck.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2176
Rate my deck :^)
>>
>>46085839
Turn one bazaar activate,get 2 more bazaars, game 2?
>>
4-0 split in the finals with BUG delver. Trying 2 baleful strix in the sideboard, and they straight won me 3-4 games that would have otherwise been lost. All against RUG delver.

The list
BUG Delver:

Lands: 19
3 misty
3 verdant
3 delta
4 underground sea
1 bayou
1 trop
4 wasteland

Creatures: 15
4 deathrite
4 delver
4 goyf
2 bob
1 true-name nemesis

Sorceries: 8
4 hymn to tourach
4 ponder

Instants: 17
4 force
4 daze
4 abrupt decay
4 brainstorm
1 dismember
1 disfigure

Sideboard:
2 baleful strix
1 disfigure
1 murderous cut
1 liliana of the veil
1 Darkblast
1 Surgical extraction
1 pithing needle
1 grafdiggers cage
2 golgari charm
2 thoughtseize
1 flusterstorm
1 engineered plague
>>
>>46086084
Most flavourful vintage I seen in awhile. Also good taste with your choice of ice-afe dark ritual.
>>
>>46087365
Am I the only person who trys to count dark rituals as mana sources and force of wills as interrupts for goyf?
>>
>>46086084
Is that Usea sleeve playable? Ill give you 15 bucks for it
>>
I have an Elves deck in Modern.

I have the Gaea's Cradles, Glimpse of Nature's and Natural Order.

What other fairly expensive pieces do I need to play Combo Elves? They don't really play Duals do they?
>>
>>46088843
2-3 bayou. 1 savannah if you want teeg. The main is monogreen, but you sideboard in black cards like cabal therapy and thoughtseize
>>
>>46088876

I'll grab the Cabal Therapy's but i'll be honest I don't know jack shit enough about the format to even accurately guess what I should be naming so i'll probably stick to using Thoughtseize for a while.

I don't think I can get Duals for a while so would being able to use Shocklands suffice in the meantime?
>>
>>46088915
Try to get one Bayou, but in Elves, shocks aren't too bad. In fact, you don't even need it that often. Necessary against Storm of course.
>>
>>46088915
You'll hopefully learn quickly, start with a thoughtseize/duress split to go budget. Duress is going to be the same as thoughtseize in most matchups where you want all that discard. Bayou's and savannahs aren't awful, you can definitely run a temple garden with no issue. Shocks will bite you, especially with lines involving quirion ranger and multiple deathrite activations. One bayou to fetch for will increase your win% a lot more than 2-3 will
>>
>>46088966
>>46089017

Just really hard to find any duals in my city area at the moment, it's not so much budget rather than ready availability, I have about 80-90% of the deck already so may as well finish the meat and bones of it. Also I don't like to buy duals online and would want to evaluate the card condition in person(plus too many fakes running around and don't want to get bamboozled.) Friend will be heading out to Singapore though and will easily be able to scout some duals out. If he can't well I can always borrow his duals anyway since he more or less stopped playing MTG but still keeps grabbing cards. Failing that I can proxy the duals up since most of the local regular tournies here allow proxies but you get an extra bonus/prize for winning without proxies.
>>
>>46088915
Your therapies only come in off the board so you don't need advanced knowledge of the format to use therapy. It won't be as good as someone who knows the format, but the flashback is huge in elves.

Basic blind therapy advice

Basically, against miraces turn 1 on the play I'll usually name top or counterbalance if you don't have gsz for rec sage or k grip up. Brainstorm is an alright name if you're going to flood the board, it can potentially stop them from putting a terminus on top.

Against storm, turn 1 I would name infernal tutor. It's the card most necessary to kill you on the spot. if they've had a couple turns to set up, LED can be a good name. I don't like the blind name dark ritual, the deck has 3 different big mana producers but only 4 business spells.

Remember that you can fetch dryad arbor to flashback therapy.
>>
>>46089064
If you want to go no proxies that's great, but quirion ranger really punishes having shocks

>>46089093
Against miracles or blue decks, if you want to push a natural order or glimpse through name force, or counterspell of they're low on cards and keep holding UU up
>>
>>46089093

Cheers big ears, that's some helpful Cabal Therapy advice. I figured that I could either name a card I was most afraid of to stop my combo(FoW, Mindbreak Trap, Terminus.) But knowing specific cards to name in certain matchups is even better.
>>
>>46089143
That's good general advice, but the card that beats you isn't always obvious I guess. Generally knowing how other decks play and how to read people is big. Telling if the storm player is looking for the infernal or for more mana can be inferred based on how they cantrip, and that should inform your name

Mindbreak trap is pretty rare, terminus is dead unless they have jace/brainstorm anyway. The real killer is if they brainstorm in response.

If miracles is casting swords on your guy after spinning top, you can guess whether they have the terminus or not very accurately and know to aim for force to try to push through something, especially if you choose to leave in glimpse/NO
>>
>>46081287
blue doesn't really do creature tutoring. That's more green's thing, or in this case possibly white as it is low cost creatures.
>>
>>46089304
The reason that's horrific design is that it's not a blue card. You get to do shit like LED go get 2 more, drop an exploration then make 4 land drops a turn for the rest of the game
>>
>>46089545
Retraced image.

In any case you are looking for permanents with the same name, (which is a blue card) at the cost of 5 mana or for 3 life and 3 exiled cards. 40% of your starting hand and 15% of your starting life.
>>
>>46089545
and not to mention 4 blue. 4. Come on.
>>
>>46089143

Knowing some of the big names helps if your gonna play tournaments, a lot of them will play the same or similar decks

As a ANT player I can tell you the best names with therapy are going to involve a good read, generally if a volcanic is fetched you want to name burning wish, Infernal Tutor is a good blind name as is LED

Never overextend against miracles, if you over reach into a terminus yout basically can't win

Make sure you can easily spot the different varieties of samey decks as it changes how you should play

Little things like holding back a gaeas cradle against bug delver and D&T can win matches
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.