[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper General: Loli Vampire edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: en_bKvJc2eKA7.png (166 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_bKvJc2eKA7.png
166 KB, 265x370
Yes I know it won't see play.

Discuss Pauper here! What are you brewing? And how do you think the new cards will impact eternal formats? Will they have an impact at all?
>>
Why won't people beware of children on the road
>>
File: PauperMerchantControl 001.jpg (817 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
PauperMerchantControl 001.jpg
817 KB, 2304x1728
>Playing?

pic

Brewing?
Trying to foil out my Burn deck
>>
File: vesselofvolatility.jpg (40 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
vesselofvolatility.jpg
40 KB, 265x370
This might have some use.
>>
>>46076550
Do you have a decklist for this, it's sorta hard to see the cards in the back. Am new to the format and gonna build BlackControl, since Edicts are super cheap where I live
>>
>>>46076589 This might have some use.
>might

There are far better rituals available.
It's decent if you cast it the turn before you try to go off,
but you probably have better things to be doing on turn 2 or 3.

(And I'm pretty sure pauper doesn't have many ways to abuse the enchantment typing)
>>
Is pauper fun? Like is actually fun, like why arent people playing this more in stores.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-17+at+07.46.19).png (11 KB, 245x468) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-17+at+07.46.19).png
11 KB, 245x468
>>46076896
>>
>>46076896
4 Cuombajj Witches
4 Chittering Rats
4 Phyrexia Rager
1 Crypt Rats
4 Gray Merchant of Asphodel
2 Gurmag Angler
1 Disfigure
1 Dark Ritual
4 Chainer's Edict ($10 apiece)
1 Grim Harvest
4 Sign In Blood
1 Victim of Night
3 Oubliette ($32 apiece)
1 Tendrils of Corruption
1 Pestilence
1 Corrupt
2 Barren Moor
20 Swamp
>>
... and 1 Okiba-Gang Shinobi
>>
File: Look at all my tron mana.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Look at all my tron mana.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>46077044
Pauper is great. Its closer to legacy than modern, in that the answers are stronger than the threats in the format.

UW tron elves, and tortured existence here
>>
>>46077064
>>46077059
Anything to replace the Oubliette with? None of my local places even have it listed.
>>
File: tumblr_maqinnkv0u1rp0rzso1_1280.jpg (236 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maqinnkv0u1rp0rzso1_1280.jpg
236 KB, 1200x675
>>46077091
Another kill spell I suppose? It's good because it RFG's so you can deal with indestructible stuff, bit fair point if it's out of budget.
>>
>>46077091
It's a worse version of Journey to Nowhere that happens to be on color and devotion intensive.
It helps the deck, but it's by no means essential. Replace it with any black removal you'd like.
... or read a few primers and make your own list.

>>>46077044 Is pauper fun?
Yes.
>Like is actually fun,
If you want to make a distinction you should specify what you're looking for.
>like why arent people playing this more in stores.
It's the format with the slimmest profit margin for the secondary market.
Most stores only support pauper after a player base has formed.
>>
>>46077129
Would Dash Hopes be utterly useless in this deck? The card intrigues me
>>
Something terrible with Mortis Strider. I love that card, but not sure what to run it with sadly. I am thinking to do some good old sacrifice stuff with him and include some of the Eidolons for some discard trickery.
>>
File: CrabEyes.png (373 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CrabEyes.png
373 KB, 1280x720
>>46077174
It's horrible in any deck. 100% of the time they will pick what you didn't want them to pick.

Any card that gives the opponents a choice, generally sucks*

FoF doesn't count.
>>
>>46077163
I really wanna get back to playing constructed magic and playing pauper really seems like a good way to do it.

Maybe I should just pick up a deck or a few and lend to friends and get them hooked.

I mean like, the money for a modern deck pays for like every top8 pauper deck (if you cut stuff like oubliette) right?
>>
>>46077174
It'll be 5 damage when you need a counter spell, and a counter spell when you need 5 damage.
It might be a decent sideboard card against combo, but otherwise I don't see it.

The only other deck it might work in is Teachings,
but Teachings needs to be able to go from UU to 1B already,
so having to be able to go to BB is a bit rough.
Also, teaching has access to far better counterspells.
>>
>>46077232
Yeah...figured so, it's just interesting as a black counterspell.
btw does anyone have any idea why Chainer's is so cheap in Europe but expensive in America? Is it because no one plays pauper here or is there another reason?
>>
>>46077232
Burn decks are >$100 because Chain Lightning is a $15 dollar card.
MBC is ~$130 because of Chainer's Edict and Oubliette.
Every other deck in the format costs ~$20-40, generally $25-30.

>>46077276
Chainer's Edict is /only/ expensive in America because a few speculators got bored.
>>
File: Reimu_Corner.jpg (6 KB, 194x255) Image search: [Google]
Reimu_Corner.jpg
6 KB, 194x255
>>46077276
Prices with Eternal stuff was weird for a while.

America didn't have a vintage/legacy scene for years, so prices of some chase things (like power, for example) was inflated to all hell in America, whereas some stuff proliferated in Europe.

>Dual lands used to be 20 quid each for the X/U ones.
>>
>>46077318
>Chainer's Edict is /only/ expensive in America because a few speculators got bored.
It doesn't help that it has only been printed as an uncommon. That's probably what made it a target for speculators in the first place.
>>
I know it's not pauper specific, but I am looking for some feedback on a cube and pauper players are the best kind of MTG players and I don't want to make a whole thread for this. If I post a link to a cube would someone look it over?
>>
>>46077394
I actually got 3 Chainer's FNM version for under 10 € because the price hasn't risen here.
What's everyone's opinion on white border cards? I sorta feel fondness for them, even though I never played when they were a thing.
>>
>>46077059
>Playing pauper on KEKatrice
What are you - broke?
>>
>>46077394
>It doesn't help that it has only been printed as an uncommon.
>That's probably what made it a target for speculators in the first place.
Pic related.

>>>46077411 I know it's not pauper specific,
>but I am looking for some feedback on a cube
Cheap Magic? Cheap Magic!
>pauper players are the best kind of MTG players
[Citation Needed]
>If I post a link to a cube would someone look it over?
Yes, probably. But why wouldn't you include it in your first post?
>>
>>46077547
Seemed presumptuous.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-cube-drafts/war-of-monsters-lorwyn/

Trying to do 4 color Lorwyn/Shadowmoor with colors instead of tribal. In a small cube I feel like tribal would be to difficult to draft.
>>
File: Oberstein.gif (26 KB, 255x217) Image search: [Google]
Oberstein.gif
26 KB, 255x217
>>46077514
>not designing/fishing your decks on cockatrice and just playing IRL

w e w l a d
>>
>>46077676
3 of each common.
>>
File: Legacy Deck Selection.png (538 KB, 1489x1542) Image search: [Google]
Legacy Deck Selection.png
538 KB, 1489x1542
>>46077727
... I was being stuid.
I found a way to see the quantites.
>>46077608
I haven't looked to closely at the cards, but the archetype distribution seems to be a mess.
Everyone will end up with barely having a deck after stepping all over eachother's picks.
The winner of the will /always/ be the one player who got an archetype to themselves.

Make sure most of you're cards are relevant to multiple players, and make sure you have /less/ archetypes than players.
Or rather, make sure each archetype has enough cards in it for multiple players to be able to pursue it.

>>46075885
Is there anything like pic related for Pauper?
>>
>>46077873
>Is there anything like pic related for Pauper?
Nope. It'd be cool to make one though.
How did those get made? People posted decks and funny phrases and then arranged them in a diagram?
>>
>>46078298
http://tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/ here is the biggest collection of pauper decks I've seen in one place, if we want absolutely everything.
>>
>>46078298
>>46077873
Ok, just a a start, let's fill this ones:
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO PLAY IN PAUPER?
>I hate people
(leading to all kind of control decks an UW Tron)
>I just want to play something cool and weird
TortEx, Kiln Fiend, Comboish decks, Acid Trip
>I want to do awesome things!
1 land Spy, Arcane Tide, Vinestorm
>I just want to win!
Affinity, UB Delver, MUC, MBC and Stompy
>I like Magic!
Fair decks, Jeskai Kitty

Maybe could add an
>I like turning big guys sideways!
Tron, Reanimator

Ho's that for a start?
>>
>>46078622
That's a good start, now to just make the sub-choices and put it all together
>>
>>46078622
>WHAT DO YOU WANT TO PLAY IN PAUPER?
>The first question isn't "Playset of Mulldrifters?"
>>
>>46078666
That's a good one to put mulldrifter in.

Where would we put tron?
>>
>>46078666
Also lightning bolts:
>How many bolts do you like in your decks?
>none: kill yourself
>just 4: Affinity
>At least 8!: Kitty, Goblins
>Are you kidding? I want my deck to be bolts!: Burn
>>
>>46078768
>none: kill yourself
bolt isn't even dominating wtf are you on abot
>>
>>46077044
It's because Pauper needs gentleman's rules to make it work, else the meta is more stale than any other format because of 2-3 objectively best decks. If it became officially supported, it'd be the best format in the game, with a proper ban list and rules to bar any card that was ever printed at any rarity other than common.
>>
>>46079170
>rules to bar any card that was ever printed at any rarity other than common
That would completely ruin most decks and skew the format even further towards blue.
>>
>>46079223
That's what the comprehensive banlist is for, which I also suggested if you'd read. But no, gotta spout half-formed gripes on a knee-jerk, eh?
>>
>>46076589
The only cards I have my eye on so far are:
Farbog Revenant, Shamble Back, Ember-Eye Wolf, Hinterland Logger/ Timber Shredder, and Quilled Wolf
Also, how easily is delirium met in pauper?

>>>46079315 lets completely neuter the format
Just play casual.
>>
>>46075885

Is this better than Sultai Scavenger in a UB deck? Having those and Gurmag Angler with Mental Note/Thought Scour?
>>
>>46079170
>>46079315
I still don't understand how randomly removing cards would improve the format, especially considering that the current format is relatively balanced(possibly even the most balanced format).

Pauper is an eternal format and therefore changes very slowly, if you want a format that completely changes every couple of months you should play Standard.
>>
>>46080855
If you're afraid of a ban list then you probably play a degenerate deck and your opinion is invalid anyway, but thanks for sharing.
>>
>>46081074
No you are the retard that suggested randomly removing cards for no reason in the first place.

Just ban every card reprinted at something other than common, could you even have thought of a dumber criteria to ban cards?
>>
>>46081132
No, because it's a commons-only format? Go fuck yourself kiddie.
>hurr can't think of an actual mechanical and logical comeback so i'll just call him a retard!
You are so shit at this, it's laughable. It's also funny that you think a relevant opinion is something to get so worked up over, but since you don't have a real opinion of your own besides the fact that you think mine is wrong for some baseless reason, you can fuck right off faggot.
>>
>>46075885

>Twins of Maurer Estate
>not a Legendary
>there are multiple sets of vampire Twins in the Maurer Estate

The card names in this set have been so bad.
>>
>>46081271
>Maalfeld Twins
Not the first time they have done this in Innistrad.
>>
>>>46077423 What's everyone's opinion on white border cards?
I like white borders more than black borders.
But wear and tear is more noticeable and I hate it when my borders don't all match.
So I go for black borders whenever possible.

>>46081271 >>46081374
Maybe the big reveal will be the Thousandfold Refraction of Rabiah?
>>
>>46077091
I replaced it with faceless butcher.
Not perfect obviously but I really need the devotion for Gary.
>>
>>46077212
Aside from chump blocking, Mortis Strider is pretty underwhelming.
It's costed to heavily to be abused.

Abjure and Brine Shaman might be good in control.
And Culling the Weak and Bunt Offering might be good ways to inflate your Storm count.
Otherwise, I've got nothing. Look for a good death trigger, I guess.
>>
>>46079170
Get out
>>
>>46081253
People like this are why the anon earlier saying that pauperfags are the best was mistaken. We're just as retarded as the other formats.
>>
is there any way to make a deck in the style of lantern control?
>>
>>46084703
Nope. Not until lantern control becomes a draft archetype in MM3.
I've looked, and there's basically nothing for it.
>>
>>46085687
Is Orcish Spy too fragile, or are there not enough repeatable mill sources?
>>
>>46080855
>Madness outlets exist
>Tortured Existence
>Dredge and Delve being a thing
>Cycling lands
>Evolving Wilds/Expanse played in most decks

How easy you want senpai?
>>
>>46079170
MaRo please GO.
And stay.
Fucking.
GO.
>>
>>46086364
>Orcish Spy
...I didn't know about that card, I tried searching for cards like it, but didn't come across that one.
That being said, yes spy seems too fragile, there is also portent, but I can't seem to find enough reveal (cheap/resilient/non-card disadvantage) top effects for it to work.
There probably are enough mill sources though, between jace's erasure, ghoulcallers bell, there's also screeching sliver and ghoulcallers adept, but I don't think the strategy can pan out if it relies on creatures.
I could maybe see it as a sideboard plan for a u/r erasure deck? For if they board out creature removal, but that is very specific.
>>
>>46081271
Maybe that Maurer guy had a thing for twins and spent years turning any he could find into vampires so he could add them to his harem?
>>
I want to play paper pauper. What rules do you guys follow? MTGO? Your own ruleset? I got some duel decks and was thinking about making some cheap pauper deck archetypes. I really want a burn/RDW but top tier ones surpass 100 bucks.

Maybe I should just play MTGO since I have no friends that play.
>>
>>>46088069 What rules do you guys follow?
That there's a can of worms.
I'm in the Gatherer for rarities anywhere with MTGO banlist camp.
>I really want a burn/RDW but top tier ones surpass 100 bucks.
$60 of that comes from the Chain Lightning playset.
Replace it with an inferior bolt effect and you'll still be decent.
>Maybe I should just play MTGO since I have no friends that play.
Not a terrible idea.

Better idea though, get to know people, /make/ friends.
Your FLGS might be a good place to hang out while you start looking.
>>
All pauper players should unite under the only Pauper format even closely sanctioned by Wizards, and that is the MTGO card pool and ban list.

The reasons are obvious; Pauper is mainly played online, pauper online decks could be played offline with the same ruleset, and the meta, banlist, and card pool is all done by Wizards. Pauper isn't standard, if you want a meta that changes all the time pick up standard.
>>
>>46088154
I went there once. The oder and people.... I'm not saying all MTG players are fat smelly slobs with 0 social skills, I'm just saying the ones in Shreveport Louisiana that frequent our only store are.
>>
>>46088281
Never had that problem in Europe. Sure, there might be one smelly autist without social skills in the store but most autists without social skills here don't stink
>>
>>>46088253 Pauper is mainly played online,
True, but appealing to the bandwagon isn't a real argument.
>pauper online decks could be played offline with the same ruleset,
Also true, but also true of any ruleset that uses rarities from Online exclusive expansions.
>and the meta, banlist, and card pool is all done by Wizards.
topkek. WotC puts (almost) no effort into supporting the format.
>Pauper isn't standard,
Again true, and again irrelevant to the conversation.
>if you want a meta that changes all the time pick up standard.
"Again true, and again irrelevant to the conversation."
Are you ... projecting, or something?
>>
>>46088387
Tired of homemade rules for Pauper. Splits up the scene. The only good recorded meta is MTGO.
>>
>>46079170
what do you mean gentleman's rules?
pauper already has rules and a banlist
>>
>>46088669
I guess he means that since there technically exists two banlists for pauper, choosing what to ban/unban
>>
>>46077064
Chainer's edict is like 1-2 euro on magiccardmarket, so if you want to order a bunch probably hit up this side of the world
>>
>>46088775
Am the guy he was the list for, and I already bought 3 of the FNM promo Chainer's from my local store.
You play BlackControl? Are you running Oubliette or something else?
>>
>>46088681
oh right, i can see the merit of finding a middle-ground, but surely that'll be more divisive and confusing to the playerbases than just adopting the MODO deck building rules universally
>>
>>46088281
You could pick up two or three decks and make a little 'gaunlet' to introduce friends to magic with. The game is fun, so if people dont have to play to start playing that'll probably help them get hooked. If they want their own deck its not that expensive.
>>
File: boroskittyold.jpg (591 KB, 1296x545) Image search: [Google]
boroskittyold.jpg
591 KB, 1296x545
>>46075885
gonna dump a few decks
>>
>>46088829
Yeah, also Sinkhole and Hymn to Tourach might just make BlackCotrol a little too strong and High Tide is just degenerate.
>>
>>46088816
No I'm just window shopping, although apparently I have the beginnings of a bunch of mtgtop8 listed decks so I might just place some orders.

It's a plus that most of the expensive cards are stuff you'd want in modern and legacy (I guess mostly legacy? The blue cantrips are pretty costly relatively)
>>
File: mulch.jpg (682 KB, 1611x546) Image search: [Google]
mulch.jpg
682 KB, 1611x546
>>46075885
>>46088868
>>
File: jeskaikitty.jpg (704 KB, 1637x542) Image search: [Google]
jeskaikitty.jpg
704 KB, 1637x542
>>46075885
>>46088868

boroskitty was the deck that got me into pauper, i was pleased with how consistent it got, just from adding mulldrifters.
>>
>>46088829
Also isn't like every single tournament played on MTGO? So wheter you like it or nor netdecking would be pretty much impossible since its effectively two formats.

It's nice to be able to look up what decks make up the top dogs in the format.
>>
I'm going to buy a deck using this website as a guide. Probably get owned by whatever people aren't banning and getting yelled at for having an uncommon that's common on MTGO
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper#online
>>
File: shitandwank.jpg (623 KB, 1294x599) Image search: [Google]
shitandwank.jpg
623 KB, 1294x599
>>46075885
>>46088868

i just cant seem to get tortured existence to work for me, does anyone have any insight into the archetype?
>>
>>46088904
Lol is this just boros kitty with muldrifters?
>>
>>46088881
There was just that tournament hosted by CardKingdom I think called rags to riches 3, if you want to watch paper pauper matches.
I'm trying to get my playgroup to pick up pauper since their main complaint with magic is the cost.
>>
>>46088921
lol, just replaced the squawks with mulldrifters, yeah
i think the format slowing down this past year has been a significant factor contributing to the viability of this deck
>>
>>46088940
>>46088921
Why is the deck called xKitty?
>>
>>46088953
its a dumb holdover from some guy on some forum called turbokitty that created the original Boros Kitty deck

some people just stick with the name as a way to refer to the bounce heavy Kor Skyfisher archetype

i think the name has charm and is easier to say than kuldotha X
>>
I mentioned earlier that I was thinking about making a little Pauper gauntlet to like have in my bag if I feel like playing some constructed.

Does this look like a good start? I'd like access to the sort of format backbone, so if people wanna brew whatevers they can play those brews versus some established decks.

> Mono Blue Delver Faeries
> Mono Red Goblins
> UB Gurmag Delver
> Mono Green Rancor Stompy
> Some kitty or affinity deck
> Mono Black Devotion
> GW Boggles
> A tron list
> UR Kiln Fiend Cyclops
> UB Teachings Control

If i'd have to pick like 5 decks to start a gauntlet what would it be? U Delver, MBD, Green stompy, Goblins, Boggles?

Remember I know pretty much nothing of this format. I do know I kinda like bounce lands and the idea of 'legacy lite'.
>>
I love the idea of pauper, or even pauper EDH. Wondering what this talk about stale metas and (yet more) blue dominance is about?
>>
>>46089028
I'd go for
>Delver
>MBC
>a kitty list
>Stompy
>Gobbos

as an approximate cross-section of the game and established decks
>>
>>46089046
>pauper EDH
I have wanted this for a long time, actually. I've discussed it with others before, and we figured the best way to do it was to have an Uncommon as your commander (doesn't have to be a Legend).
>>
>>46089028
By delver faeries do you mean the combo deck? SInce Cloud of Faeries is banned now
>>
File: civilizedscholor.jpg (62 KB, 468x640) Image search: [Google]
civilizedscholor.jpg
62 KB, 468x640
>>46089060
Theres no official rule for it, but generally groups say uncommon. Would have no problem with allowing common generals if theres one you really want.

I want to make this motherfucker here;
>>
>>46089046
Blue is essentially the strongest color in the format, with black a little ways behind it, blue gives insane card advantage, filtering, and sculpting and black has metric shit loads of removal and disruption. It's telling when two of the best decks in a format are mono color "good stuff" decks. That being said the other three colors aren't weak specifically, they're usually just made better invariably with the addition of blue or black.
>>
>>46089106
but isn't that essentially whats up with legacy? And thats still a format thats held in pretty high regard.
>>
>>46089146
pauper decks are significantly simpler so the gameplay of pauper isn't as strategic
>>
>>46089079
No I meant the mono blue variant that plays faerie miscreant and spellstutter sprite.

I would've loved to add a ghostly flicker deck but I dunno I think its dead.

Maybe theres room for like that BUG gatekeeper flicker deck? Blinking saruli and ubul sar gate keepers along with mulldrifters. And play the usual stuff like ponder and chainers edict.
>>
>>46089222
Ah well thats fair enough. Is it still fun to play though?
>>
>>46088923
And that tournament was MTGO card pool and banlist.

MTGO card pool and banlist is the only correct way to properly play pauper NOW. All your other banlists and card selections are invalid and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot.
>>
Would Thraben Inspector be worth using in pauper? An artifact token and a 1/2 creature for a single mana seems good when it can be followed up with kor skyfisher, glint hawk or kuldotha rebirth, or just sac the clue for a free draw of course.
>>
>>46089355
And doesn't die to one Witches
>>
>>46089047
Thanks friend
>>
>>46089355
Will have to test it. Kitty decks would be the right fit, but I'm not sure more card draw is needed (Perilous Research is not in a lot of decks even though it fits perfectly), and the inspector doesn't really provide a clock.
>>
>>46089284
Personally, pauper is kind of hit or miss. It's an interesting format and definitely provides what a lot of long term modern players are looking for, something new, but everyone who says it's a perfect format or "the best format" is blowing smoke up your ass. As you and others have mentioned it suffers from the same problems as legacy, particularly answers being way better than threats, games can go really grindy for no real reason, I've had games with my aristocrats deck go to 20 turns against kuldotha, just because neither of us could stick an engine and go anywhere with it.
>>
>>46089811
Still, seems like a fun thing to whip out every now and then. I have a draft cube as well, but it would be really nice to be able to play some 'casual constructed' that is fairly organized.
>>
I asked in a previous thread but here goes again.
my FLGS only does standard pauper, what kinda deck can i build within these confines?
I already did goblin and some green stompy ramp
>>
>>46090023
Maybe take a look at some good draft decks? Feels like where youd have the most 'development' so to speak. Go check out some 3-0 draft decks or strong archetypes and see if you can build something.
>>
>>46089876
I play it online from time to time, it's alright, and with a low buy in I'd say it's worth giving a try
>>
>>46088919
I'm wondering this as well. I have all the cards so I could build this but it doesn't seem very good on paper.
>>
>>46090023
I think UR looks pretty good. Can you post the decks you have?
>>
>>46089060
>I have wanted this for a long time, actually. I've discussed it with others before, and we figured the best way to do it was to have an Uncommon as your commander (doesn't have to be a Legend).
PDH has a bunch of issues, but this isn't one of them. I played it for about a year with an active group and we pretty well solved it.

First, we ruled that your commander could be any uncommon creature, with a few banned (Psychatog was the one I remember we hard banned). Second, everything else was a common. Otherwise, rules were as normal EDH (40 life, color identity, tax, etc).

The way the meta shakes out is that green rules the fucking roost. Most games ended up devolving into grindy melees because there's no real wraths worth a damn. When Evincar's Justice is the best thing you've got, it's rough for control decks (I ran Ana Battlemage combo anyway, because fuck the police). Non-flying evasion is at a premium since reach is both amazing and everywhere, ping effects are great, Chandra's Spitfire is a real fucking monster of a general.

Our meta had the following decks, for the record:
-Lumberknot (mono-G stompy, really good)
-Korozda Guildmage (shit)
-Ana Battlemage (BUG control/combo, worked well)
-Chandra's Spitfire (burn, really brutal)
-Cavern Harpy (we allowed it, it was terrible)
-Baleful Strix (control, fully foiled, pretty ok)
-Dragonsoul Knight (5 color artifacts)

We had a few others but I don't remember them. Most games ended after lengthy grinds. We've toyed around with returning to the format, but there's not much reason to since we sorta know how it'll shake out.

Give it a shot, but expect grinds and green to be good.
>>
unfortunately you have to choose a legendary as your general on MTGO, so you'd need a whole different banlist or whatever for that
>>
>>46090867
>MTGO
You know, Magic can be played in person. Just a theory.
>>
>>46090943
i know, but an online born format with a player base predominantly online would probably be more inclined to play online, and the way EDH works on MODO doesnt really jive with the usual pauper edh rules, you savvy?
>>
>>46091033
>you savvy
Yes. However, EDH is best played offline and PDH bears more in common with EDH than Pauper when it comes right down to it.
>>
>>46091147
yeah, i was just stating a point that you cant really play pauper edh on mtgo, because it doesnt let you build the right deck
>>
>>46088681
There is not.
There is only one.
Online.
Fuck off paper pauper retards.
>>
Rate my brew.

4 Gigadrowse
4 Gush
4 Impulse
4 Manamorphose
3 Sprouting Vines
4 Rite of Flame
4 Ponder
4 Preordain
4 Chromatic Star
3 Chromatic Sphere
4 Lotus Petal
1 Spiraling Embers

16 Island
2 Mountain
>>
>>46091711
>ponder over brainstorm desipite having impulse
>having impulse
>4 gigadrowse
>only wincon is spiraling ember with no way to get it back
>61 cards
>2 mountains
Dear god, just play normal vinestorm, it can actually win games.
>>
I THINK I FOUND WHAT DECK I WANT TO BUILD BUT THERE'S TWO PROBLEMS
1-It's gonna be a pain in the ass to find Werebears and Springing Tigers around here (my wincons)
2-It's Dredge-Threshold and grave hate is rampant even on Pauper isn't it? ;_;

>>46089060
Pauper EDH is fun as fuck, we just started playing at my local shop. I built self-mill Spellheart Chimera to wreck shit up on commander damage and Skyward-Eye Prophets because I never played Bant ever and wanted to ramp.
>>
>>46092801
1. MCM
2. No, it's not.
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>46081051
>about 0% combo
>possibly the most balanced format

Uh huh.
>>
>>46092801
Grave hate is everywhere, relic, nihil spellbomb, tormods among others.

I've tested it, delve dredge is better, pauper doesn't have goyf or mongoose to make it worthwhile. Ape and fish are just plain better.
>>
>>46081253

I wish you would go back to Standard, and stay there.
>>
>>46092971
Other than the banning of cloud instead of delver (wtf wizards?) combo in pauper is broken since all combo hate cards are printed at uncommon+ for draft reasons (Oh hey, I got spell slutting in my common spot HOW NICE.)
>>
>>46091591
Don't be so obnoxious about it.
>>
>>46090711
>Baleful Strix (control, fully foiled, pretty ok)
My local group has the exact same deck wtf

And yeah if someone does not aggro hard up until turn 6 the match is always a grind match resolved on who draws Swirling Sandstorm, Capsize or Pestilence first.

>>46092841
Just Bojuka Bog and Relic of Progenitus fuck me up hard time, what answers I have access on BUG? I could reshuffle my grave back but that puts me back on the game plan a bit hard.

>>46092996
Yeah I though that Delve should probably be better but I wanted so bad to exercise my right to bear arms... Also play Accumulated Knowledge and Feast of Flesh in the same deck.
>>
>>46093146
There is always a retard on these threads about it.
Online rarity.
Online banlist.
Online format.
>>
>>46093177
I mean, it's fucking pauper. Its a neat format but it's a niche way of playing a card game, no need to be so unpolite.
>>
>>46093238
>Unpolite
Jee, sorry for stating facts.
Don't you have a bernie rally to go after your memedern tourney fagmeisser?
>>
File: IMAG0825.jpg (3 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0825.jpg
3 MB, 2688x1520
>place a small order for the pauper affinity deck I'm building on Magiccardmarket.
>the seller adds all sorts of pauper staples for free.
I don't know if you are here but thanks! I still needed most of these!
>>
File: FoilsBurn 001.jpg (804 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
FoilsBurn 001.jpg
804 KB, 2304x1728
bueno
>>
>>46092971
remember 3 years ago when combo was the dominant archetype?
>>
File: High Tide.jpg (133 KB, 498x537) Image search: [Google]
High Tide.jpg
133 KB, 498x537
>>>46088591 Splits up the scene.
Fair complaint.
>The only good recorded meta is MTGO.
*The only recorded meta is MTGO.
>>46088850
They have no friends, see >>46088069
>>46088919
My best guess would be wildly outnumber the things you want to recur with the things you want to pitch.
>>46089028
I don't feel familiar enough with the format to make suggestions here.
Here's a relevant MTGSalavtion thread though:
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/casual-related-formats/paper-pauper-and-peasant/568494-sixteen-deck-personal-pauper-metagame
>>>46089276 I would've loved to add a ghostly flicker deck but I dunno I think its dead.
Pic Related!
>>>46089355 Thraben Inspector
I'm hoping for good Inspect cards, but that's probably won't do.
>>46089811
Underrated post.
>>>46092801 and grave hate is rampant even on Pauper isn't it? ;_;
Black decks will run singleton Bojuka Bogs, but that's about it.
Though if you're playing paper, people will tool their sideboards around you.
>>
>>46094630
Pekka pls.
>>
>>46094405
Burno es dias
>>
>>46094630
>Here's a relevant MTGSalavtion thread though

Thanks im checking it out
>>
File: Chittering Rats.jpg (126 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Chittering Rats.jpg
126 KB, 480x680
>>>46095803 Pekka pls.
I don't ... quite know what this means. But,
>>>46089276 I would've loved to add a ghostly flicker deck but I dunno I think its dead.
another good Ghostly Flicker deck is UB Control.
Build it like a MBC deck, but add Ghostly Flickers and Archaeomancers.
MBC is full of cards that like recurring etb triggers every turn, but Chittering Rats takes the cake.
You can also add Mulldrifters, Sea Gate Oracles, and Counterspells,
but if you add even one of them you should consider dropping the devotion theme.
>>
>>46094630
As someone who doesnt play, which is the more prevalent; mnemonic wall or archaeomancer?
>>
>>46097574
They both see play, but Archaeomancer for sure.
4 toughness is /very/ respectable in Pauper, but you'll usually be more concerned with the ability.
5 mana just won't do when 4 is an option, and it's certainly not an effect you need more than 4 of.
>>
File: 57.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>46093778
too bad it is the incorrect printing of counterspell
>>
File: Counterspell.jpg (199 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Counterspell.jpg
199 KB, 480x680
>>46098715
Shit taste my friend.
>>46096204 (cont.)
Forgot to say this earlier,
if you are keeping with devotion only run 1-2 Archaeomancers.
You can Dimir House Guard into them.

Also, as per >>46097574, you /may/ want to consider Mnemonic Walls.
They'll slow you down a little, but you can lose the House Guard's for Brainspoil.
And that lets you cut Gary to 2 or 3 of.
>>
File: BestCounter.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
BestCounter.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>46099091
>>46098715
You are both so wrong
>>
File: Galadriel.jpg (47 KB, 740x500) Image search: [Google]
Galadriel.jpg
47 KB, 740x500
>>46098715
>>46099091
>>46099455
>having opinions
>>
File: 1455461840581.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1455461840581.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>46099746
>Not participating in lighthearted banter
>>
File: counterspell.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
counterspell.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>46099896
Alright, I'll play.
>>
File: 7.jpg (43 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
43 KB, 312x445
>>46100081
Do you have a favourite Dark Ritual art?
I think I still prefer the original, even tho the Urza's Saga one is also nice.
>>
>>46100267
That one actually looks pretty rad. I'm like super sure there's one that I can't find but I think I might be mixing it up with one of the hymn to tourachs.
>>
File: horrible.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2176) Image search: [Google]
horrible.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2176
>>46100267
For me, it's a close call between the original art and the Mercadian Masques.
The best flavor text is definitely Ice Age.
Pic unrelated.

Which Pauper archetypes run Dark Ritual?
>>
File: 127.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
127.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>46100408
>Which Pauper archetypes run Dark Ritual?

Combo?
Suicide Black?
>>
>>46100459
>>46100408
I have a MBC list that runs that as a 1 of
Speaking of, does anyone have like a definitive MBC list, I keep seeing so many variants.
>>
>>46100408
Do you want to get reported for posting gore?
>>
>>46100556
pls no ban pls
>>>46100520 I keep seeing so many variants.
I don't know of a definitive decklist for /any/ pauper archetype.
Try a few variants and tweak them after using them a bit.
>>
>>46100625
You got any ideas what to replace Oubliette with? My local store doesn't even list it.
How many Chainer's are ok to run? I currently have 3 of the FNM promos and would like to keep them all the same
>>
File: PauperMBC 001 (Large).jpg (733 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
PauperMBC 001 (Large).jpg
733 KB, 2304x1728
>>46100690
>You got any ideas what to replace Oubliette with?

Just run another killspell - victim, tendrils, verdict, etc.

>How many Chainer's are ok to run?

>>
>>46100081
This is the correct choice
>>
File: 5.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
>>46100851
lies.
>>
File: them's_fighten'_words.png (9 KB, 402x404) Image search: [Google]
them's_fighten'_words.png
9 KB, 402x404
>>>46100690 How many Chainer's are ok to run?
Definitely 4. The only similar kill spell is Diabolic Edict, but you /will/ drag the game out long enough the recur Chainer's, so Diabolic isn't a good substitute.
Disfigure, Tragic Slip, Echoing Decay (no more than 2 of), Ghastly Demise, Victim of the Night, Ichor Slick, Dead Weight, and Stab Wound are all decent kill spell choices.
>You got any ideas what to replace Oubliette with?
Faceless Butcher was mentioned by >>46081822 upthread.
It seems like a good choice.
... or any other kill spell really.
Maybe Dead Weight or Stab Wound if you want the extra chance at devotion?
>>46100851
Pic related.
>>
>>46101071
Is stab wound good as a substitute for oubliette in MBD for the devotion? Since it'll ping a few times and at least adds one B to your devotion count.
>>
File: PauperPestilence 001 (Large).jpg (808 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
PauperPestilence 001 (Large).jpg
808 KB, 2304x1728
>>
>>46101306
>>46100847

>No Zombie Fish
>>
>>46101372
>giving their removal a target.
>>
>>46101306
>Urza Saga Corrupt
Good taste
>>
>>>46101298 Is stab wound good as a substitute for oubliette in MBD for the devotion?
... did you ... read >>46101071 at all?
Any kill spell is a good substitute.
Find room for 4x Dead Weight and 4x Stab Wound for all I care.
Or run none.

Whatever works, anon.
>>
>>46101800
You misunderstood, the question was specifically about whether or not the added devotion count mattered or not.
>>
>>46093116
The way they banned empty the warrens was hilarious.
>pauper is mostly mono colored decks (it was at the time)
>1 color doesn't have any real answers to grapeshot (green) so we banned grapeshot and empty the warrens
>why did you ban empty? Every color had means of beating it (sandstorm for green)
>...We will consider unbanning empty the warrens
And then they never unbanned it.

>Oh hey, I got spell slutting in my common spot HOW NICE
Was sprite that bad in draft? It looks fine.
>>
>>46101835
It's nice; but no, not really.
You'll have plenty of devotion by turn 5.
What with all of your Chittering Rats and Sorceress Queens and so on.
>>
File: file.png (258 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
file.png
258 KB, 312x445
>>46101937
I mean this, namely specific "anti combo" cards. Not the spell slutter sprite, that's GOAT to get at common.

The best reason was cloud of faeries.
>Uhhhh delver juuuust a bit andddd YEAH IT'S TOTALLY FUCKING FAMILIARS, IT'S SO BROKEN I MEAN!!!
>Go to MTGoldfish
>Delver huge%
>MBC huge%
>Familiars small%
>go irl
>"Hey dudes who has familiars"
>"Nobody, that deck is wack"
>>
In going to MTGO and buying a silvers deck. If I dedicate enough time to learning the deck, do you think I could go infinite? I like burn but silvers is super cheap.
>>
File: 1453530941076.jpg (94 KB, 482x600) Image search: [Google]
1453530941076.jpg
94 KB, 482x600
>>46102435
>do you think I could go infinite?

...as in, play it and only it forever?

You'll get bored eventually.
>>
>>46102487
He means to well enough to not need to put /any/ money in after his initial investment.
But that has nothing to do with sticking to one deck, it's about what he can earn with it.
>>
>>46102555
Only real way to go infinite is if:
1. you're a draft GOD
2. You're lucky to draft good shit
>>
Please stop posting about this meme format, thanks.
>>
File: 98098908098.jpg (8 KB, 236x238) Image search: [Google]
98098908098.jpg
8 KB, 236x238
>>46092971
>format has to have oops I win decks
>>
>>46102677
You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>46103059
For real, like a lack of combo decks is a bad thing.

Standard retards.
>>
>>46103075
It's true tho.
You want to come positive and go infinite, last time I checked doing constructed 8mans was a horrible way to do so.
>>
>>46103116
>what is land spy
>what is affinity
>what are all the decks that show up when I google "Pauper combo decks"
>>
>>46103153
Wow have you played at all lately? What a dumbass.
>>
>>46103353
>1land spy
>Good
No.
>Affinity
>Combo
No^2
>M-muh shitbrews?
No^3
>>
>>46103153
Did you not know you could go infinite even with just the 10 dollar buy in?
>>
>>46103405
>can't into shitbrews
Why even live?
>>
>>46103405
Affinity in pauper hard shifts gears into combo when beating with free 4/4 bodies stops working
>>
>>46092971
There really aren't many t1 combo-enablers in a format of commons, anon. If you're sad that you can't resolve a twin and win go play... oh wait...
>>
>>46104065
cube?
>>
>>46104065
>There really aren't many t1 combo-enablers in a format of commons, anon.
Anon, literally every viable combo deck has gotten banned from pauper (unless you count izzet blitz, which is tenuous) and before bannings they were all quite powerful.
>>46102250
The argument was that people didn't play familiars because it took too long to go off (it was broken but 'had a bad matchup against the clock'), always seemed disingenuous to me though.
What especially frustrates me about the familiars ban was that it could be interacted with with regular creature removal so it didn't even need any dedicated interaction, which admittedly is a problem that most other combo decks in pauper had/have.
>>
>>46104464
desu should've just fucking banned delver.

That crap is broken beyond belief, but
>MUH CREATURE BEATERS CANNOT BE OP
>>
>>46104578
>ban goyf in modern
>>
>>46104731
>Goyf
>Issue
Delver issue is that it's way too fucking good of a creature.
The reason behind Udelver dominance was delver, not cloud.
>>
>>46104759
cloud was really dumb because it let you go cloud of fairies and pass while leaving spellstutter up
>>
>>46104813
Yes, and that was broken because now you had a high % of having a 3/2 on the board that made a quick as fuck clock.
Ban delver and you get a pretty shitty no evasion 2/2 or a 1/1
>>
>>46104759 Udelver dominance
>umwotm8.gif
Blue Delver is full of good cards, but it's not a good deck.
Did you mean popularity?
>>
>>46105123
>Udelver is not a good deck
Question: Are you retarded?
UDelver was dominating as fuck.
>>
>>46105179
No. It wasn't.

Blue Delver is a lot like The Rock in Modern. It's a popular deck, full of good cards.
Some of the cards have minor synergy, but most don't; and there's no real gameplan.

Also of note, a plethora of good matchups means a lot less without any great matchups.
>>
>>46105393
>and there's no real gameplan.
????

Do you play mostly modern?
>>
>>46103059
What's that image from?
>>
>>46106428
He didba sesame Street spot with Elmo about what fucking stoplights and stop signs meant.
>>
Is pauper the gayest mtg format?
>>
>>46106735
No, Pauper is pretty good, if niche.
Your either thinking of EDH or Peasant.
>>
Could I get a second opinion on the Creatureless Teachings list?

4 Mystical Teachings
3 Probe
2 Think Twice
1 Whisper of the Muse

3 Counterspell
2 Muddle the Mixture
2 Exclude
1 False Summoning
1 Remove Soul
1 Essence Scatter
1 Rewind
1 Perplex
1 Prohibit

4 Diabolic Edict
3 Agony Warp
2 Evincar's Justice
1 Echoing Decay
1 Tragic Slip

1 Curse of the Bloody Tome
1 Capsize
2 Pristine Talisman

1 Barren Moor
2 Halimar Depths
4 Dismal Backwater
4 Dimir Aqueduct
1 Bojuka Bog
6 Island
4 Swamp
>>
>>46106812
What's wrong with peasant? It looked interesting, if a bit arbitrary.
>>46107604
Seems fairly counter light, I don't understand the point of muddle over counterspell, considering how vulnerable transmuting will leave you (you also don't have very high impact 2s)
I think probe makes sense with a more sorcery speed list (when compared to think twice which you only have 2 of) but you have diabolical edict instead of chainers (and whispers) which makes me think you have should be going instant speed.
Not an expert on teachings though, I have only have played it for a bit.
>>
>>46107808
>if a bit arbitrary
Just this.

Also, some cards are on the peasant banlist purely for being expensive.
Yet you can easily sink over $100 into 5 uncommons for some decks.

Maybe I'd like it more if it had a larger player base (or a more fleshed out meta), but it's a very "meh" format.
>>
>>46108012
Peasant really feels like a tiny leaders format.
>>
>>46107808
>Seems fairly counter light,
It's actually on the counter intensive side compared to most lists.
>I don't understand the point of muddle over counterspell,
Counterspell is generally held back in favor of Essence Scatter (et al.)
You (mostly) use it to hit non-creatures and, (again,) mostly instants and sorcerys.
Muddle the Mixture performs a nearly identical role while doubling as a late-game tutor for Agony Warp and Echoing Decay
... or better counterspells. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>considering how vulnerable transmuting will leave you (you also don't have very high impact 2s)
Transmuting is generally a lategame thing.
And this archetype frequently gets enough mana to cast Capsize twice a turn.
>I think probe makes sense with a more sorcery speed list (when compared to think twice which you only have 2 of) but you have diabolical edict instead of chainers (and whispers) which makes me think you have should be going instant speed.
Probe is there because of it's a three-for-one when you kick it.
Flashing back Teachings for another Teachings will suually keep you in business all game.
Think Twice isn't as prevalent because my lategame draw engine is Whisper of the Muse.
>>
Can some one explain how an Acid Trip deck works? I'm a burn guy so this fucking with my head.

Would you say Acid Trip is the best top tier deck for the lowest price? Or would that be Silvers?
>>
>>46108412
>It's actually on the counter intensive side compared to most lists.
I was thrown off by the lack of literal counterspells, but yeah.
>And this archetype frequently gets enough mana to cast Capsize twice a turn.
I mean, sure, but generally only when it has already won.
>Probe is there because of it's a three-for-one when you kick it.
What matchups is probe good in? It seems bad vs blue because it's 5 mana sorcery. Just good enough vs aggro (where I assume it usually isn't kicked) and midrange (where it is) to make up for it?
>Think Twice isn't as prevalent because my lategame draw engine is Whisper of the Muse.
Fair enough, any reason for the diabolical rather than chainers?
>>
>>46108599

Play Reality Acid on something your opponent has
Bounce back with Dream Stalker and Kor Skyfisher
Use momentary blink to blink out your dudes, which bounces back Reality Acid (thats the trip)

All the good decks minus tron are cheap. There's some oddballs out there, like Chainer's Edict and Chromatic Star, but everything is pretty fucking cheap. I can finish off three decks for the price of one Lily
>>
File: Reality Acid.jpg (152 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Reality Acid.jpg
152 KB, 480x680
>>46108599
Azorious Kitty is a midrange deck.
You run highly efficient creatures that have the "downside" of bouncing something you control on etb.
You turn this into an upside by using it to recur etb triggers (mostly card draw and life gain).
Acid Trip is a subset of Azorious Kitty where you also Reality Acid for repeatable removal and land destruction.
>>
>>46108602
>I mean, sure, but generally only when it has already won.
I was using that as an example of having lots of mana.
You can transmute and keep a counter up by turn 5.
>Just good enough vs aggro (where I assume it usually isn't kicked) and midrange (where it is) to make up for it?
Pretty much.
>Fair enough, any reason for the diabolical rather than chainers?
I want to say "to have more things to do incase I don't need to use all my countering mana", but I can't buy Chainers.
The price isn't a problem, but every FLGS remotely nearby is completely out of them.
I should probably order them online, but I don't really feeel comfortable doing that.
>>
>>46108858
Hnggg that sounds awesome. It's between that or silvers. I'm really new besides playing my friends burn deck. I'm really wondering if I shouldn't just play MTGO. Do most of you guys play paper or online?
>>
>>46109116
I play paper, but the format is way more popular in online.
Also of note, there's almost no price difference between online and paper.
Online's prices are generally slightly higher, but there aren't any expensive outliers (like paper Burn and MBC).
>>
>>46109241
Chain Lightening and Chainers Edict are way more pricy with paper.

Then you have to make your paper deck 4 different ways so that the aspies won't complain about you not following their banlist or card pool.

Also Sliver WG sucks completely. Burn is something like 20 tickets but 100 bucks in paper. Just build that.
>>
>>>46109726 Chain Lightening and Chainers Edict are way more pricy with paper.
I know,
>Online's prices are generally slightly higher
was referring to deck, not cards.
Online doesn't really have any "expensive" cards, but there are far more cards that are more than a few nickels.
>>
MTGO newbie here, what is my best cheap investment?

>WG Slivers
>Goblins
>Acid Trip

Looking around the ten ticket/dollar price. Thanks for any help!
>>
>>46110386
Google is telling me:

>WG Slivers
14.64 tix
>Goblins
87.87 tix
>Acid Trip
14.09 tix
>>
>>46110438
I found a 5-0 Goblins that is around the same price. Still doesn't help without a recommendation. I can Google price lists.
>>
>>46110438
the only expensive cards for most red decks are in the sideboard

Pyroblast are about 3 tix each
and Gorilla Shaman are about 5 tix each
>>
>>46110551
scratch that
gorilla shaman are now 15 tix each, wtf?
>>
File: CouldNotParse.png (40 KB, 346x358) Image search: [Google]
CouldNotParse.png
40 KB, 346x358
>>46110564
The foil seems to be 4.5 tixs cheaper?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Masters+Edition+II/Gorilla+Shaman#online
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Masters+Edition+II:Foil/Gorilla+Shaman#online
>>
>>46110386
P-Please autisti-chans?
>>
>>46110386
>>46110671

acid trip babe
>>
>>46110706
Thanks card-kun
>>
>>46077044
It's fun, but some of the better cards are from older sets and not too readily available. There is a really wide variety of decks which are genuinely powerful. I enjoy it because you can use a lot of interesting and cool cards which aren't usually viable or allowed in other formats.
>>
>>46080982
madness wouldn't be triggered by mill from thought scour, and the twins don't have flying
>>
>>46081271
They had a similar thing with Mayor of Avabruck. He wasn't legendary, which implied they had elected many mayors who all kept turning out to be werewolves
>>
>>46110706
Acid Trip for a newbie lol. He's going to be fucking up so hard for so long.
>>
>>46101937
empty the warrens is different though as it doesn't have to win that turn, unlike most other storm cards. Casting it when the storm count is only something like 5 or 6 still basically guarantees a win over the next few turns
>>
>>46100081
>>46099455
>>46099091
>>46098715

I play one of each
Same for Brainstorm
Triggers my mates so hard they gave me playsets of mercadian Counterspell and Brainstorm
I still use the non-matching ones :^)
>>
>>46105393
>Some of the cards have minor synergy, but most don't; and there's no real gameplan.

You just went full retard, never go full retard m8
>>
anyone here like to draft? ogw-ogw-bfz is the most fun I've had drafting a set in a long time.
>>
>>46076550

mono black control one of my fav pauper decks. very fun

>>46076997

it will be a great way to get 5 mana on the 3rd turn in Standard at least, enabling some crazy fast shit in a format that is very slow
>>
>>46088919

Only assholes play Tortured Existence or U/B Teachings. Those are the 2 greasiest decks in Pauper.
>>
>>46100081
>>46100267

nice art but always remember interrupts are faster speed than instants
>>
>>46111629
And Acid Trip. All this getting back cards and cycling bullshit won't save you from my Burn deck. You'd think with as much delver gets used Burn would be more popular.
>>
Gauntlet guy again.

Mono black devotion
Blue delver fae
UR cyclops fiend
Red goblins
Green elves

Is that a good start? Like the optimal would be 1 aggro 1 combo 1 midrange and 1 control deck
>>
>>46111778
Remove UR Cyc and you are good. Replace Goblins with Burn possibly.

Blue red Cyc... What the fuck.
>>
>>46111629
Greasy deck?

I don't think I've ever heard that term in that context. What does it actually mean? Slick, connotations of unhygienic, vulnerable to burn?
>>
>>46111778
Kitty and affinity are much more format backbones than elves.
>>
>>46111839
Greasy to me sounds like a well oiled machine so I too am curious
>>
>>46111864
He's picking for different play styles you sperg. Kitty is long dead. Affinity is just the deck of the moment.
>>
>>46111836
Goblins just seem like a much more fun deck than burn. This is meant as a like grab and play, not really any cut throat stuff, although Im still interested in good decks.

>>46111864
I hear you.

Affinity
RW Kitty
MBC
Delver Fae
Goblins

Looking better? Also, Ive seen some UB Delver lists running brainstorm and selfmill cantrips. Can that be ran in a control deck? Id love to have like a teachings deck, and if I can run teachings with brainstorm ooh baby.
>>
>>46112138
Well I want sort of a backbone deck from each type, so there needs to be a balance for sure.
>>
>>46112121
You guys never heard that term before?
Not the poster but greasy usually means something cheap unfair. It comes from a lot of connotations; a shady werid con artist usually used grease in his hair to look more presentable, grease is used in many sports as a form of cheating i.e. under handed, dirty, unfair, etc.

Is English your second language?
>>
>>46112164
Yes, but it just sounded odd to talk about a deck in those terms. To the original anon, what about the deck feels unfair?
>>
File: shadowrun.jpg (104 KB, 459x338) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun.jpg
104 KB, 459x338
>>46112323
my guess is they they're grindy and tend to have answers for everything.
>>
>>46112153
To answer my own question, yes you can play brainstorm control.

Someone please correct this if it is wrong but, you should be able to run the package;

4x Brainstorm
4x Thoughscour
3-4x Mental Note
Some number of delve spells
>>
>>46112360
I heard that was a complaint on the format at large. A lot of answers that lead to grindy games.

Btw, is Guardian of the Guildpact a legal card?
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-19+at+02.20.27).jpg (74 KB, 753x460) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-19+at+02.20.27).jpg
74 KB, 753x460
>>46112973
>Btw, is Guardian of the Guildpact a legal card?

yes
>>
>>46113039
I thought that card would be a much bigger roleplayer in the meta?
>>
>>46113234
he's kinda weedy for his cost.
>>
>>46113375
I figured youd just play it and have the board completely locked down? If you have some other body youre edict proof, is it just to slow?
>>
>>46092971

The familiars ban made me lose interest in the format, desu. It was a really sweet deck that they killed. And now there is absolutely nothing for fans of combo. I guess this pleases the mouthbreathing retards from Modern and Standard.
>>
>>46113504
Edict effects are really, really common in Pauper. He's a pain to deal with, but he doesn't completely lock the board up.
>>
>>46113642
Please bring on some more hyperbole
>>
>>46113642
>my cheap deck got banned and I invested all my time in a talentless deck so I'm butthurt

The door is that way.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.