[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: imuge.jpg (332 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
imuge.jpg
332 KB, 1024x768
Hump Day Edition

Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>/TG/ Argument lore and tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Butthurt
>>
File: DankAngel.jpg (228 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
DankAngel.jpg
228 KB, 1680x1050
First for First Legion!
>>
File: shooshoospookydghost.jpg (278 KB, 992x777) Image search: [Google]
shooshoospookydghost.jpg
278 KB, 992x777
2nd for D-Gods
>>
File: image.png (634 KB, 985x707) Image search: [Google]
image.png
634 KB, 985x707
>>46067390
So, what paints should I use for the Metalica Skitarii?

I didn't see an official list in the Codex, but I could have missed it.

Anyone have any recommendations?
>>
What model looks the absolute best in your opinion?

Why?

Just imagine this thing running at you. Monstrous creatures should not get Fear as a general rule, but holy fuck would this count.
>>
File: ImperialGuard.jpg (154 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
ImperialGuard.jpg
154 KB, 1280x800
WE CLAIM THIS THREAD IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME
LET NO ENEMY OF THE IMPERIUM PASS
>>
>>46067442
>>
>>46067442
Cut the to be clothe parts off the model, and then recast the skitari base in lead then glue the clothe piece back on after painting it white and red. Easy metal scheme.
>>
>Fuckton of guard and marine chapter creation threads
>No Sororitas creation threads

TG confirmed as faggy
>>
File: 40kChaplain.jpg (35 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
40kChaplain.jpg
35 KB, 600x620
>>46067492
Deathwing Knights, and Interrogator-Chaplains.
If there ever was a model that deserved fear (although it does have it), its an Interrogator-Chaplain.
>>
>>46067523
Maybe we can choose how thick the blood will be over the Grey Knights that come after.
>>
Is it recommended to glue the wings on a hive tyrant?

I know it's stronk but in 500pts games I don't want to be an ass. Also, transportation

I can't find proper tutorials on how to magnetize the wings and the body
>>
>>46067523
Every SOB creation thread I've seen always results in very similar things (since sisters don't allow for a lot of variety) and then everyone immediately wants to focus on making their allies instead.

If you want one, you can always make it yourself.
>>
>>46067431
>SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST
>>
>>46067544
Second for Int Chappy. Have grown to love the Darkshroud as well. The first one I bought was preassembled so and I havent fully painted it yet but I am about to order a second on Friday and will assemble it my self.

The Ravenwing Champion is also really cool, I love the skull shrine on the back.
>>
Just realized that Metalica is a reference to Metallica.

I feel stupid for not noticing it.

The name, and the emblem.

Name is obvious, and the emblem is the hammer from Kill 'Em All's album cover.

This makes them my double favorite, now.
>>
File: angron21__sized_l.jpg (319 KB, 800x667) Image search: [Google]
angron21__sized_l.jpg
319 KB, 800x667
>>46067492
this one
>>
File: image.png (74 KB, 314x345) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74 KB, 314x345
>>46067641
Forgot pic.
>>
How do I tell a WAAC delusional tau player that tau aren't underpowered?
>>
>>46067658
beautiful
>>
>>46067805
Show him Ork units
>>
>>46067805
you can't. he'll just argue in circles.

tell him his shit is OP and he'll pick a unit in your army and tell you how awesome it is compared to his.
>>
File: DACompanyChampion.jpg (63 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
DACompanyChampion.jpg
63 KB, 800x1066
>>46067620
Yeah that maddeningly difficult to paint skull shring. So much detail on that model, it makes me very happy to field.
I don't field a deathwing champion but I do also have the generic Company Champion in my command squad and I love the robes+shield and Sword of Caliban.

Pic related isn't mine, but it looks fairly similiar. I have Balthasar Gold on the Pauldrons and the edge of the shield, and a left the wash on the robes for a sort of dirty look that I love.
I really wish I could post some pics of my DA but I live in a dorm have a potato camera and that sort of thing.
>>
What's WAAC
>>
>>46067805
Who the fuck says it's your job to be WAAC cop?
>>
>>46067870
Win
At
All
Costs
>>
>>46067849
I know that feel. I live in an apartment and have a potato camera

Right now I have two boxes of Black Knights on its way then Friday I should order the Darkshroud and last 3 black knights I need.

My plan is to have 2x5 units of BKs and the 5 man command squad at 2000pts with int chap and sammael.

but I bet you can guess the two main colors of my army
>>
>>46067955
Good man, battle-brother.
I started with mostly Deathwing, so I have 40+ terminators but I'm still building up my Ravenwing force. Any reason you run the Black Knights in 5's rather than 6's?

Are you Yellow+Purple anon?
>>
File: angron8__sized_l.jpg (438 KB, 794x860) Image search: [Google]
angron8__sized_l.jpg
438 KB, 794x860
>>46067816
hes seen some shit
>>
>>46067620
I run 4 Darkshrouds allied with an all DC Blood Angels list sometimes. Not in the least bit practical but fun as hell.
>>
>>46067873
I do, and I also get to say what I fucking want, dumbass
>>
>>46067984
That sounds so sexy.
I had some BA but I shipped them to another anon on the minis exchange... he still hasn't shipped me back my DAs...

I feel like Darkshrouds with a mech ally list could actually be good. I mean, giving all your metal boxes up to a 3+ cover save sounds pretty nice.
>>
File: RWCommandWIP+IC.jpg (285 KB, 544x960) Image search: [Google]
RWCommandWIP+IC.jpg
285 KB, 544x960
>>46067980
Yeah that's me.

My thought is that if I only lose 1/5 I don't take a leadership test and its just kind of how I fit in the 3 units I wanted to run. They seem to be my best unit and I just have the 6 man command squad right now.

My goal was for a well rounded pure Ravenwing list. I am not sure if you weighed in on my list when I had posted it two days back.

At 2500 I am adding in a White Scar Librarius conclave for a Lib in each of the Black Knight. units.

I made a small Deathwing Detachment but am way more into pure Ravenwing.
>>
>>46068028
It is a doozy, I've also run my Darkshrouds with 3 fast vindicators/Baal Preds, it can be nasty. Don't get me wrong though, it's far from being a Tourney Topper.
>>
>>46068062
Do you play Tau too? I've seen purple RW on a Fagbook group before with a Tau army and purple RW.
>>
>>46068062
Yeah I went a little Deathwing-crazy when I was just starting out, I could get a five-man squad for 10 dollars or less on ebay so I indulged.
I didn't weigh in on your list and I'd love to see it.
Conclave is obviously very good and I'm both amused and annoyed that we're still forced to take Ezekiel.
>>
File: Capture.png (433 KB, 377x419) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
433 KB, 377x419
Does anyone happen to know what robot class pic related is? It's from Epic 1E. Just found 13 of the buggers.
>>
>>46068102
No I do have a Necron Force I have gotten three games in with though. Are his purple and yellow?

>>46068104
Yeah that is why I have to ally White Scars, Ezekiel needs to lose the training wheels.

Here is the list:

2000/2000

RW Strike Force:
Sammael - 200

Interrogator Chaplain - 165
>Auspex, Mace of Redemption, Bike

Ravenwing Command Squad - 250
>5x Black Knights, Grenade Launcher, Apothecary, RW Banner

Ravenwing Darkshroud - 80
>Heavy Bolter

2x 5 Ravenwing Black Knights - 200 ea
>Grenade Launcher

3x 3 Ravenwing Bike Squad - 120 ea
>2 Grav Gun, Combi Grav, Meltabomb

2x RW Attack Squadron - 140 ea
>Ravenwing Attack Bike w/ Multi-Melta
>Ravenwing Landspeeder w/ Multi-Melta and Typhoon Missile Launcher

RW Support Squadron - 245
>3x Ravenwing Landspeeders w/ Double Heavy Bolters
>Darkshroud w/ Heavy Bolter

The only "advice" I got was that Ignore Cover and Fliers would ruin me but I really don't think fliers would be THAT bad. Everything I field has scout too. Obviously Ignore Cover is my major crutch but I think I could get in an armies face fast and mean enough to do some damage. And in the end all I really want to do is BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
>>46068151
Yup. Same exact scheme it looked like. Now I'm pissed that someone is ripping off your Slaaneshi BMX rodeo.
>>
>>46068121
conqueror I think
>>
>>46068151
This looks nice.
Having played against an annoying amount of Ignores Cover (especially through Perfect Timing, I've come to fear Divination) it often boils down to if I go first. If I do, then I can usually alpha strike whatever has/grants ignores cover with a fusillade of point blank grav and plasma. If they go first then... hope they shoot the land speeder, I guess.

Sometimes its better not to scout, if they push up you can sometimes get sneaky turn one assaults and shit all over a lot of units that way.
But good luck smiting heretics with the most fun 2fast2quick list in 40k.
>>
/r/ing for another thread because I can't fucking find it.
Does any kind soul have a pdf of the waagh ghazghkull book? The 2016 version.
>>
File: RW 1720.jpg (223 KB, 950x650) Image search: [Google]
RW 1720.jpg
223 KB, 950x650
>>46068198
The Soul Drinkers may be popular. If you find a pic of his, post em, would like to see.

Here is my lot. Only posting it because it is relevant

>>46068228

I agree with literally everything you said.
>>
>>46068300
Any non potato pics of that Sammael?
Looks good though (besides the unpainted parts and low quality shot). Is that like 1500 pts?
>>
As super-heavy walkers can fire each weapon at a different target can they first shoot a transport vehicle and if they destroy it fire at the disembarking unit ?
>>
>>46068452
yup
it's gross
>>
>>46068411
Nah my camera is garbage. I keep forgetting to take pics of my last few games but I really do like how it looks. When I get the 10 more bikes and another Darkshroud I will really take up the table edge.

This is just barely over 1500pts pictured I think, yeah.
>>
File: g8g8g8g.png (1002 KB, 803x830) Image search: [Google]
g8g8g8g.png
1002 KB, 803x830
>>46067442
https://mega.nz/#F!OgpwzAKS!a5eVE6pOagTTOWEr5tEaEQ!3xw3nToL

Have a look in there, in the section for painting guides, there is one for Skitarii, and there is a specific guide for the Metallica duders.

WARNING: geedubs make this paint scheme look like creamy shit, so you make want to diy
>>
File: creamy.png (2 MB, 792x924) Image search: [Google]
creamy.png
2 MB, 792x924
>>46067442
>>46068475

I mean look at this beige mess
>>
>>46068452
You need to call all your shots before taking them and embarked units aren't valid targets, so no.
>>
>>46068452
>merely destroying a transport and shooting its occupants
>not then charging its occupants, smashing them, then stomping them
>then pick up the wreck of the transport and hurl it at another squad

Do you even superheavy?
>>
>>46067442
Also just to note, I've been told numerous times that doing white paint schemes is really hard to pull off well.
>>
>>46068505

Just prime white instead of black like those retards.
>>
>>46068488
Don't you call the target each time you select a weapon to fire on a super heavy ?

1. select weapon
2. select target
3. fire
4. repeat
>>
Any of you fine Heretics have a line on where I can find and download the Audiobook version of Prospero Burns?
>>
>>46068518
you'd still end up having to base in a flesh color and then layer up
>>
>>46068641
>flesh for white and metal skitarii

Why?

Basing anything over white primer is easier than doing the same over black primer anyway. Except black lol
>>
>tyranid player complains that my 2 Onager dunecrawlers are cheesy because they both have Icarus arrays
>he says this as he fields 2 flyrants and a gargantuan in a 1200 point game
>>
>>46068869

Anything is easier when you put in less effort. Part of the point of painting as a hobby is to put in the best effort.
>>
>>46068891
>taking a decently strong unit that hard counters his only good units

Well yeah. What do you expect him to do? There's literally no way for him to beat you. What's he going to do take 1200 points of Tervigons and gaunts and walkrants or carnifexes?
>>
>>46068570
No, you declare all your targets before rolling to hit.

The only superheavy that can pull that nonsense is an anchored stormsurge, as RAW it shoots twice, not double shots. So it blows up a transport in its first shooting attack then in its next one shoots the occupants.

Remember you can still assault units that were inside transports you've destroyed though.
>>
>>46068905

I hope you build your own brushes out of hair and whittled sticks and make your own paint out of crushed berries.

Being stupidly inefficient doesn't make you more of a hobbyist, it just makes you a moron. Why even bother priming black if nothing on your model is a dark color and you need to paint white everywhere? WHY NOT JUST PRIME WHITE
>>
>>46068925

Layer effects add up. The whole point of dumping layers on a model for an hour is to achieve the perfect desired color.
>>
fuck. what's a decent way of getting carapace armor for models?
>>
So, right now I'm reading an argument that a model can fire as many weapons as it wants in the interceptor phase, since the restriction on the number of weapons a model can fire only exists in the shooting phase.
>>
>>46069060
Only if it has the interceptor rule
>>
>>46069060
>tau marker drones with formation that gives them interceptor
>bullshit tau gundams that can fire ALL of their weapons with ignores cover during interceptor
>fun
>fair
>>
Who /Daemon/s here? Bringing a flying circus to flgs in a few days.
>>
File: 1279930164940.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1279930164940.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>46069189

Its fun when you're Gundam.
>>
>>46069189
The argument is more about the crisis suits, which can take three weapons but can normally only fire two in the shooting phase, as they are infantry. If all of the weapons have interceptor, then a crisis suit may fire all three weapons in the interceptor phase.
>>
>>46069402
Only if they also forgo the ability to overwatch with two guns, as the multitracker specifies that it only works in the shooting phase as well.

Really, there's a point where you and your opponent have to just behave like human beings and not computers and go with what makes sense.
>>
>>46069060

If you don't use shooting phase rules for shooting you can'at fire interceptor at all. Interceptor allows you to fire "as if it were the shooting phase". That would include the restrictions.
>>
>>46069060
>tau are actually trying to get interceptor even more OP than their shooting phase
pretty disgusting 2bh
>>
>>46067431
Shoo shoo spooky D ghost
>>
i played my first game ever today. my start collecting necrons vs a start collecting space marines
>>
>>46069660
Welcome to the game. How did you do?
>>
>>46069660
And? Results? Thoughts? Give us something to insult you with, damn it!
>>
>>46068914

Honestly it's always been complete bullshit that you can't keep shooting at a unit after they disembark and you have shots left: Say you fire your Melta then all your bolters.
>>
is the thread edition a fucking inbetweeners joke? if so, nice.
Also I'm thinking of making a little 500 pt Skitarii list cuz they look fly as fuck n remind me of when 40k was a bit more fun, all I need to know is; is there any point to rangers, are Onagers THAT good and infiltrators or ruststalkers? I'm leaning towards infiltrators but stalkers just look so nifty.
>>
>>46069539
>Interceptor allows you to fire "as if it were the shooting phase".
Where are you quoting this from, as I do not see it in the Interceptor rule description.

>>46069570
>tau are actually trying to get interceptor even more OP than their shooting phase
>pretty disgusting 2bh
If it makes you feel better, there Tau players are on both sides of the argument, for and against.
>>
>>46069695
Infiltrators are meh, they're kinda durable with a 5++ but scatterlasers even not on bikes will fuck them up
Ruststalkers are okay, they have tendancy to get glanced to death
Onagers are god tier, take as many as you can afford. Take icarus arrays
>>
>>46069712
We're not talking about those Tau players, who know how to modify their playstyle/list depending on who they're facing. We're talking about WAAC tourney Tau, who want to bend every single possible ruling/FAQ in their favor.
>>
>>46069713
Even though I probably won't be seeing many fliers at 500?
>>
>>46067412

>Entire Chapter beguiled by a lesser daemon
>Worst is first
>>
>>46069695

>Point to Rangers

Ranged covering fire for your short ranged skirmisher units. You can also give them arc rifles if you want them to do that duty and leave plasma to your vanguard. No Arquebi, those are straight up a trap option.

>Dunecrawlers

A unit of three is fucking amazing, their durability skyrockets.

>Infiltrators or Ruststalkers

At 500 points? Neither, take Dragoons. Sicarians are pricey. Worth it, but too pricey for 500 points.
>>
>>46069743
Didn't the Grey Knights get Fooled Again! by the lil fucker tho? I mean he's not exactly without ability.
>>
>>46069688
>>46069690

i had a lot of fun. he sort of camped in a ruined building so i had to cross the map to reach him, i sacrificed my scarabs as bait to keep his marine squad engaged as i moved up but the detachment bonus means they respawn next turn at my overlord.

i got pretty lucky and managed to kill his dreadnought very early with a focused heat ray shot from my stalker, which then moved in to use its template shot on the camping marines the next turn who were trying to kill my warriors, which he ended up killing about half of.

by the end of it his squadleader from his marine squad was in close combat with my stalker and my respawned scarabs while my warriors and overlord were in close combat with his HQ. My scarabs managed to kill his squad leader and my overlord ended the game a turn later fighting in a challenge with his HQ

overall i had a lot of fun. probably going to head back down tomorrow for friday night and have some more games.
>>
File: 20160317081114_1.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160317081114_1.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1080
Am I in the right place to discuss The Last Stand?

I seem to have missed a lot of the initial excitement about the Necron, and I've just got him to level 20 and I'm struggling to find any interesting builds with him at all.

It's cute how indestructible you can make him, but he's so staggeringly overpowered there's very little point. Even with a slightly more sensible build he makes a joke of the last few waves.
>>
File: TauGenerals.jpg (59 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
TauGenerals.jpg
59 KB, 700x500
Any writefags up for inventing why this Tau is wearing a Commisar's coat?
>>
>>46070113
Cultural exchange.
To taunt enemies.
IoM lost the exclusivity rights to greatcoats.
Devs were out of ideas.
Looted.
To camoflauge among countless conscripts.
The coat is just a hologram and the general is actually naked.
>>
>>46070113

Said coat is a relic from the days of the Great Crusade with built in holofield protection. Unlike the Imperium, the Tau have no qualms with using superior equipment taken from the enemy.
>>
Which color would look good for weapons (termagants, venom cannons etc) on this color scheme?

I like the yellowish green, but wouldn't it be illogical and look dumb if the weapons had the same color as the claws made out of bone/keratin?
>>
>>46069947

That one guy wasn't kidding when he said the DLC graphics looked better than the actual miniature.
>>
>>46070203
I have a strong suspicion its from DoW 3.
>>
>>46070185

Invisible hive fleet, eh?

I think they should naturally use invisible weapons too to complete the ensemble.
>>
>>46070238
That's far less spooky, they should be glow in the dark so you can switch out the lights and freak out your opponent.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-17-09-47-57.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-17-09-47-57.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>46070185
>>46070238

Oh, forgot pic
>>
>>46070253

You paint them all in invisible ink then shine a UV light onto the tabletop.
>>
>>46069225
I just finished an 1850 game with my friend at 1850 at about 3 am, his 8 to my 7 points. I really need some ranged anti tank and i guess kairos
>>
>>46070113
modder couldn't be assed to change it
>>
>>46070332
Kairos will be the best choice you ever make. He's one of, if not the strongest unit in the Daemons codex, and has become nothing but stronger from the new update, now being default with a D-psychic power.
>>
>>46070352
But he's not sexy and i must please slaanesh. The major reason i dont use him; the old whfb basaslik needs a lot of work
>>
>>46067562
Have you tried google?
Gave me more than 20 video tutorials and countless otherd.
>>
>>46070378
I didn't run him for a while after I picked up Daemons, until I proxied him in one game and bought the model immediately afterward. Now I can't build a Daemons list without him. Once you go Kairos, you can't go back.
If you need a Slaanesh model just kitbash a Daemon Prince of Slaanesh with two heads. Boom.
>>
File: Chaos Daemons Flying Circus.png (308 KB, 682x3624) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons Flying Circus.png
308 KB, 682x3624
What do y'all thing of the list I'm bringing?
>>
>>46070257

Which color would be best for that skin?

I'm planning to do something similar?
>>
>>46070546
I think I'm not going to read it
>>
>>46070597
Get some photoshop going and scrawl yourself some guns over that model to see what colours work.

Start off with some warm colours and see whether you like high contrast, it'll make the colours seem brighter with some orange near that purple.
>>
>>46067492
>Haruspex
If only they would have gave it 4 attacks instead of the standard 3...
>>
>>46070645

I know, right? Faggots like these are why the army list generals no longer exist.
>>
>>46067805
He will use crimestop to safeguard his delusions so don't even bother
>>
>>46067641
Also the fist is reminiscent of st. Anger

stop pretending it doesn't exist.
>>
>>46070546
You bring shame to all Chaos players.
>>
File: Untitled 2.jpg (137 KB, 779x723) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2.jpg
137 KB, 779x723
>>46070597
Looks a bit like the colour GW did the skin of the hybrids and stelers in the new genesteler cult. If that works for you the paint splatter recipe goes:
>daemonette hide base
>warpfiend grey layer
>druchii violet wash
>warpfiend grey relayer
>highlight of slaanesh grey
>final highlight of pallid wych flesh
Although I never use all the paints they recommend myself as it doesn't seem worth it, personally I just stop at the post-wash relayer stage for anything without really sharp edges to highlight.
>>
>>46071133
I fucking hate that tail position
>>
Hey lads, I've got a few friends I'm living with next year who all play 40k so I've decided to join in. I've got around £350 doing nothing, is that enough to get a smallish sized army? Is there any army i should avoid for being shit?
>>
>>46071348
Avoid CSM and Orks mostly.
The other ones can either have terrible kits or be garbage on the field, but those 2 faction have both.
>>
>>46071365
I forgot about Sisters of Battle and so did GW
>>
Am I the only one who actively tries to hit the sweet spots to prevent my unit from reaching the >25% status?

I almost feel like it is necessary, which is completely dumb. I often like small units because of this, because fuck having 5 men run off tell board. Much rather have units of up to 7 so the most I'll risk is 1 guy.

I am almost tempted to start another army because of it, and I even have plenty to choose from. Marines, tau (even if they pay a premium for it, unlike marines who gets it for free) and daemons, just off the top of my head.

It just feels like a clunky mechanic, and considering how many armies already ignore it, it doesn't look like GW likes it either.
>>
>>46071348
If you want to be strong go Tau, Eldar or Necrons, just be aware that it's very easy to become 'that guy' playing them. Understand your armies strengths and weaknesses so you can build FUN lists to play again, remember: 40k is a social game at heart and it's not very social if you're being a WAAC faggot outside of a tournament setting. Space Marines are a very strong army but they're a lot less strong by default like the above three, they can do some absolutely disgusting stuff but it's not something you'll usually find newcomers accidentally do when building their first list; they're an army that gets its strength from specific units and combinations of units, in contrast to an army like Necrons who are strong because of their army-wide rules (reanimation protocols, quantum shielding).

Adding this tier in post: Mechanicum are a weird army that sit inbetween the other two tiers, I don't think they're quite at the level of Necrons, Tau or Eldar but if taken in War Convocations they will shoot straight to the top of tier-lists.

Further down you have stuff like Grey Knights, Tyranids, Daemons, Dark Eldar and IG which generally can be played at decent strength levels but require very specific units to do so and have very little deviation in their lists. Grey Knights use dreadknights are terminators, Tyranids have Hive Tyrants and Hive Crones, Daemons have summoning lists, Dark Eldar have venomspam and IG are mech or bust.

Then you've got things like Orks and CSM, don't play these.
>>
File: sisters are doomed.jpg (209 KB, 926x682) Image search: [Google]
sisters are doomed.jpg
209 KB, 926x682
>>46071385
>>
Is there any feasible way to have a competent (or any) Ork army that consists of only gretchens?
>>
>>46071365
>>46071512
Cheers I'm leaning towards Tyranids, Eldar or Space Marines. I like the Tyranids because of larger monsters and Eldar for the wraiths, if these units are crap I probably won't go for them. I'm hesitant on the space marines as half of my friends have a large space marine army so I'd rather not do the same. Also how much is it roughly to get a small army going?
>>
>>46071616
You have to have at least a few orks, first thing I imagine would be.

CAD:
big mek with shock attack gun

maxed out grot squad
maxed out grot squad

maxed out mek gunz (kustom mega blastas, big mek goes in here)
maxed out mek gunz (traktor kannons)
battle wagon

CAD
mek

maxed out grot squad
maxed out grot squad

maxed out killa kans
maxed out killa kans
battle wagon

Could work as a gimmick list to surprise someone I guess.
>>
>>46071616
Given you get the best unit in the codex in mek gunz and an INCREDIBLE amount of bodies to stand on objectives it's probably not too terrible, actually. May be dull though as you go up in points values and it all gets repetitive.

You have to go unbound though as there's no grot HQ, unless you rename an ork HQ as your grot conversion. Doing that also solves the classic ork problem of running out of HS slots with mek gunz and killa kans both in there. (The tanks are thankfully in elites, avoiding this.)
>>
>>46071617
Eldar are for queers and homos. You wouldn't want to be a queer now would you Anon?
>>
>>46071617
>Eldar wraiths
Arguabily the most broken shit ever in 40k.
I think you'll have a great time.
>>
>>46071662
Wraiths can be run fluffily. Basically if you only see wraithguard and -knights you've got a WAACunt on your hands, if there's -blades and -lords in there too you've got a fluffy player.
>>
>>46071660
Pls no bully
>>46071662
I'd rather not be a dick and ruin the fun when playing is there a way to lighten their cheese?
>>
>>46071688
Don't forget -seers and Bonesingers.
>>
>>46071709
>I'd rather not be a dick and ruin the fun when playing is there a way to lighten their cheese?

Don't ally dark eldar's for raider/webway/D-scythe shenanigans.

Don't take a scatbike core choice.

Do consider the Warhost of the pale court detatchment with "Graveyard of dreams" and "Tomb-Ship of Fallen Heroes" that lets you take 3 units of wraithblades with crusader and a Spiritseer/Wraithseer as Core choice.
>>
Footslog. One Wraithknight only with Suncannon. Two Wraithlords minimum. Those are still strong, but have some limitations. Spam Wraithblades, and if you absolutely have to take Wraithguard, the Blades should outnumber them significantly.
>>
Which type of Electropriest should I assemble these as?
>>
>>46071922
they're both kind of bad

the ones without the staves look cooler, however
>>
Thanks guys, so would I be right thinking to buy the Wraith Host bundle and build on from there?
>>
>>46071961
Snag the codex and rulebook from the mega and have a demo game or 2 with your friends models before blowing huge chunks of money into this. Maybe get one kit first and assembly and paint it first and see if you still want to continue.
>>
>>46071922
Staves have a very small potential for a 3++
But t b h they should have a 4++ and 4+ FnP standard
>>
>>46072101
The models are 40 points each?
>>
>>46069225
I'm about to get my 4th daemon prince in the mail this week and then I'm gonna start working out how to run a tetrad effectively.

Also looking forward to completing my warpflame host, murderhost, and gorethunder battery soon
>>
File: hellbrute2.jpg (22 KB, 289x251) Image search: [Google]
hellbrute2.jpg
22 KB, 289x251
Does the Helcult formation make Helbrutes better than Maulerfiends?

I currently have 2 squads of cultists and a mauler in my army but I'm considering just taking a stock helbrute with 2 minimum cultist squads as a helcult. It will free up an HS slot and make the brute even more survivable than the maulerfiend, and give me fearless cultists.

What's the best helbrute loadout/cultist configuration for the helcult?
>>
File: just as planned.jpg (124 KB, 953x515) Image search: [Google]
just as planned.jpg
124 KB, 953x515
>>46070403
>>46070352

>tfw kairos was already one of the best psychic units in the game
>tfw they added a malefic roll to each of his heads
>tfw they changed the change discipline so that kairos always has a D gun and a summoning tool and a nova now

Honestly he's practically worth taking at 300 for just the guaranteed lord of unreality. Daemons with and without LoU was probably the single largest power difference based on a warlord trait in any codex. New update means your list isn't as gimped when you don't take him since you get that +1/-1 to avoid truly horribad results, but god damn they just can't stop making him even better as a psyker
>>
>>46068475
Hmmm... A shame, and I can't acess the link because I'm on mobile and don't have their app installed.
>>
>>46072182
You speak like being better than Maulerfiends is an achievement.
>>
>>46072466
It is for a Helbrute, which was previously one of the worst units in the codex, while Maulerfieds are fast as balls and can delete tanks with melta punches. I'm not saying Maulerfiends are great but there are plenty of much worse things in 40k.
>>
>>46072497
>there are plenty of much worse things in 40k.
I know. I read your codex.
>>
>>46072511
Why are you bothering to reply with smartass shitposts as if everybody doesn't already know these things. Knowing CSM aren't good doesn't make you a tactical genius.
>>
>>46068452
NO
See:
>>46068488
>>
What is the best way to build Thousand Sons? I remember a while back they had the dedicated box. But now it looks like I have to buy and upgrade pack and a box of marines? It looks cheaper to buy a bunch of the 3 marines packs rather than a box.
>>
>>46069225
Just picked up the two boxes of Horrors and Flamers I need to finish by Warpflame Host. Looking forward to actually getting to murder people with mind dakka.
>>
>>46072536

I think his point is you're fretting over which used car is worse when they're essentially the same class of cheap American shitty sedans, and your only obvious solution for a better car is to just buy something else.
>>
>>46068981
Use scions or just pretend.
>>
>>46072536
Because i can't stand people buying CSM and then complaining they are shit.

Stop buying them, stop talking of them.

Things are not going to get fixed if you keep buying that shit. GW will never give you anything good if you keep buying stuff anyway.
>>
Fellas could you kindly point me to the Battlefleet gothic thread here on /tg/ I can't seem to find it in the catalog.
>>
I think when I get my Skitarii I'm going to do a Black and Electric-Blue colorscheme. Make some Metallica references on them as well, and put the Metalica icons on them.

Would be fun to do.
>>
File: autism speaks ad.png (224 KB, 409x500) Image search: [Google]
autism speaks ad.png
224 KB, 409x500
>>46072610
reread my original helbrute post. I didn't complain about anything, I asked a question and then you sperged the fuck out
>>
>>46072627
No, but you said you were thinking of taking an Helbrute.

Stop buying CSM.
>>
File: quality post koala.png (94 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
quality post koala.png
94 KB, 499x499
>>46072646
make me
>>
How do you guys run space wolves in here?

For 1500 pts I'd go with two full squads of grey hunters on bare rhinos. One squad has two melta and combi melta for pack leader, the other two plasmas and combi plasma for pack leader. All have ccw for that sweet x3 attacks while being charged.

Then have a loaded Wolf Lord with armour of Russ, fangsword storm shield, helm of durfast, Wulfen stone on a Thunderwolf leading a 6 man pack of thunderwolves with 4 frost swords, one frost axe and one TH (all with SS). They have 5 Fenrisian Wolves in front being meat shields.

Then a divination Rune Priest on runic armour tanking for my long fangs.

Is the Wolf Lord too much? Right there he's clocking at 290 points but he has taken down Draigo and a Nurgle demon prince with black mace for less. That said he costs as much as a land raider. I avoid vehicles since they're a bitch to paint and flyers because if the Emperor wants us to fly he would've given us wings (and also because they're a bitch to paint)

I want to make a fun list to play against (so not too much cheese) but I don't wanna get wiped on turn 3. Any advice?
>>
>>46072565
THEY DO A THREE MARINE PACK OF PLASTIC SONS???
Why did I get my hopes up. Why why why why why.

To answer your question, that three marine pack is all one part apart from the push-fit bolter and backpack, so you'll have to cut off the bits you want to replace with the thousand son parts. The heads should be easy, the torsos and pauldrons will probably me impossible, the arms may be a lot of work for not much impact. Probably better off getting just the heads off ebay or a bitz site rather than splashing out on the whole upgrade pack if that's the route to go for.
>>
>>46070546
>4 flying monstrous creatures
>cultists and horrors

Absolutely love it and sounds like a fun, personality rich group.
>>
>>46072658
Then buy then if you must.

Yes, buy those shitty kits.
15-20 years old kits, with half the stuff of modern ones and the same price.

Why don't you buy some Havocs?
We get two weapons per kind, some cool plastic dudes, plenty of bits to personalize the dudes.
For the same price you get one of each weapons, no extra bits, all the legs and torso are the same and they are smaller then regular marines, all in finecast, for the same price.
What a deal!
You want those 4 autocannon, you better start buying those 4 boxes.

Or some Mutilators?
Their kit sucks, their rules sucks. And it's only 41€!

But what about some nice Terminators?
Those models are actually nice. Too bad inside the kits you don't even have the weapons needed; there is not a single sword nor the claws.

Or maybe what about Rubricae and Noise Marines?
They can be your troops. Ah, but those are upgrades to the normal csm.
Shitty and expensive upgrades.

Yes, please, buy CSM.
Be my guess.
>>
>>46072705
Plastic Sons. Yes please.

If it's the push parts I won;t bother I used to be good with conversions but that was back in 2007 and I've been out since 5th Edition was rather new. Is there a good UK bits place or is eBay the best choice?
>>
File: morpheus.jpg (19 KB, 334x302) Image search: [Google]
morpheus.jpg
19 KB, 334x302
>>46072812
what if I told you that I already have helbrutes and cultists and maulerfiends and various other models that I bought a long time ago?
>>
>>46072828
I would think you made a bad investment.
>>
>>46070113
It's a reccommendation from the Water Caste. They know that Tau trying to imitate human behaviour unnerves humans
>>
File: morpheus2.jpg (31 KB, 334x302) Image search: [Google]
morpheus2.jpg
31 KB, 334x302
>>46072909
what if I also told you that most of the models I've bought within the past few years have been used from local players or ebay at dirt prices, and that I never field stock models anyway so it doesn't matter much to me if a model isn't the greatest because I'm going to radically alter it with bits from elsewhere anyway
>>
>>46072979
I would think that makes everything excusable.

But is it the truth?
>>
>>46073010
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, maybe I still buy paints from GW because they're the most widely available at LGSs in my area. Take the red pill, find the truth.
>>
File: image.png (42 KB, 168x187) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 168x187
So I decided to pick up a box of chaos termis the other day and finally sat down to look at their rules
>reaper autocannon is a 25 point upgrade
What the fuck
>>
>>46073073
Quiet, you. You'll fire your four pointless combi-bolters at a tank and you'll like it.
>>
>>46073073
Chaos is a hell of a drug.

It's a pretty shit feel to open the loyalist codex, read through the units, and see that everything is pretty much strictly better for less points.
>>
>>46072979
Mayhem is the only formation to run for your hell brutes hell cult is poop cultists should just be cheap units to die or as a horde with flamers not in hell cult
>>
File: Battle_Sister_stairs.jpg (183 KB, 1032x1280) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Sister_stairs.jpg
183 KB, 1032x1280
How does one acquire a SoB waifu? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>46073103
helcult doesn't cost any extra points tho
>>
>>46073132
Be Papa Sang or a loyalist Primarch in general, be blessed by the Emperor, or purge heretics/daemons/xenos.
>>
>>46073073
What? A twin-linked autocannon for under 20 points? That'd be OP

Meanwhile, Tau get twin-linled missile pods for 15 on as many suits as they want.
>>
>Someone tries to make badass melee dudes because I play Tau
>use most based ethereal
The most hate I've gotten from my entire codex is this guy. I can field him together with 2 riptides at 1800 points, and he is still somehow the problem.

I find I funny to watch them try to melee a guy with a rerollable 4++ with their super powered attacks at strength "fuck you" ap "and your armour too"

It never ceases to amuse me, and really proves how fucking shit at the game the Tau haters are
>>
>>46073132
Repent, get into self-flagellation and burn the witch.
>>
>>46073269
>Meanwhile, Tau get twin-linled missile pods for 15 on as many suits as they want.
Wot.

>Proofchicken.jpg

Don't be a retard my dear.
>>
>>46073271
Tau could probably run an Unbound army of nothing but Ethereals and still come out ahead.
>>
>>46073100
Chaos have plenty cost efficient shit like spawns, cultist, Chaos Lords, Havocs, nurgle bikers, Helldrakes and if your not a bitch anything daemon related since they are both made for each other to fill the gap of your not going WAAC shit like flying circus or hellturkey spam if that's even a thing anymore
>>
File: sickos.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
sickos.png
40 KB, 152x254
>>46072195
>Been playing Daemons since their inception
>Used Fateweaver when he got rules, made a sweet conversion
>Mfw he goes from asshole who runs away when shot to asshole who puts a boot in everyone's Ass
>>
>>46073269
TL missile pods are 35 points
Two missile pods are 30 points
>>
>>46073305
I think the Tau would have a heart attack over that. So many Etherals risking their lives, and one can only imagine the reaction they'd have if those Etherals died.
>>
>>46071655
You can make it even more Grottly

Grot units include:
Gots, Mek Gunz, Killa Kanz, Grot Tanks (FW) Grot Mega Tanks (FW)

Grots can pretty much play as Imperial Guard
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (197 KB, 600x556) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
197 KB, 600x556
>>46073295
Not him, but see pic. Anon got a little bit overexcited, it's actually 15 points without twin-linked or 20 points with twin-linked.
>>
>>46073157
It costs whatever the hellbrutes cost, basically hellbrutes suck if they are not in melee range, you can have a squad of 30 cultists with 3 flamers for 245 that do nothing but not die maybe and that's if your going a naked hellbrute which is shit if your not deep striking or 2 squads of 30 cultists with 3 flamers for 290 total or a handful of 50 point 10 man squads to reduce costs, basically would recommend run them separate to be more efficient for the points mayhem to do what hellcult wish it could do and kill high priority vehicles.
>>
>>46073356
My bad. I thought I recalled them being cheaper.

Still, they're much better than Reaper Autocannons, especially in terms of how many you can get.
>>
>>46073305
Impossible, considering you give up a victory point for every dead ethereal
>>
>>46071213
What, you don't like your patriarh having a prehensile dong?
fuckin pussy
>>
>>46073430
That just means you're gonna have to table them.
>>
What's the biggest online community for 40k? My first dudes are arriving next week and I'd like to lurk around outside /tg/ a bit to get more perspective.
>>
>>46069734
As a player of orks admech and marines, you can replace the word tau with literally any other army in your post and it would be the same.

Waac gotta waac. Army makes no difference.
>>
Going up against Dark Eldar as CSM 1850 points this sunday, I have a sonic dreadnaut and a noise marine squad to get through that jinking cover save.

Any tips for playing against DE as chaos?
>>
>>46073356
I know their cost.

It is mostly funny because it proves the general comprehension level of the average whiner. I play DEldar and have a decent chance of winning against my local tau players, but a few of the MARINE players keeps losing and calling Tau bullshit, despite using the most cheesy WAAC army lists available. Considering that marines scores VASTLY better than Tau in any tournament, ever since they got their new codex, that tells you something about their competence level.
>>
File: tau logic.jpg (161 KB, 797x421) Image search: [Google]
tau logic.jpg
161 KB, 797x421
>>46073426
Well thats because crisis suits>terminators 9 times out of 10
>>
>>46069734
>blitz brigade
>>
would you play against a tzeentch daemon army entirely proxied by age of sigmar models?
nagash as LoC, ghouls as pink horrors, spirit hosts as flamers, mortis engines as burning chariots, morghast as DPs, maybe hexwraiths as screamers?
>>
>>46071512
Please don't take this advice to heart. This guy has no idea Joe the actual power tier works.

It's eldar, marine gladius, necrons and tau at the top.

Demons and admech WITH war convocation or skitarii drop pod are next tier, as they have super predictable tactics and the tricks are old hat now. Regular admech are mid tier.

Only marine players will tell you they are not top tier.
>>
>>46073321
>points efficient
>Cultists
>Chaos Lords
>Havocs
It's better to not post than to post retarded, shitty advice.
>>
>>46073477
The only way I can see it working is if you mass up 2 Ethereal squads, one with Gun drones and the other with Marker drones.

You use the Marker Drone squad to light something up, and then a combination of Zephyr and Storm of Fire to run forward into extra shot range, using Marker lights for extra ballistic skill.

Anything above AV 11 will ruin your day.
>>
>>46071655
Big mek
Grot oilers
Stompa for fearless grots.

Grots and scratch built mek guns to taste.
>>
>>46073494
biggest is probably the dakkadakka forums, but yanno, its a shithole.
>>
>>46073494
They're all shit.
>>
>>46073536
dont bother with anything over 12 armor, get some psykers, forget about high toughness stuff. Remember your boltguns will be able to glance down most of their shit that can jink.

I'd worry about them bringing close range beasties and talo's.
Get some flamers, to heat up their assaulters.
>>
File: VKPYf4n.gif (912 KB, 370x366) Image search: [Google]
VKPYf4n.gif
912 KB, 370x366
Right, /tg just came into some AdMech, a Knight, and potentially some Marines to be used as Raven Guard.

Thinking of running a Maniple with Skyhammer whenever my one friend likes to be a dick and bring a Wraithknight.

In terms of Turn 1 overwhelming firepower, would 2 Dev teams with Grav Cannons/Amps and Kataphron Destroyers (Grav too, I know, I have become the very thing I hate) be enough to silence the bastard with a rerollable 5++?

I know he is going to run ScatBikes, Spiders, and a Wraithknight. Potentially D-Guard. Most likely in our upcoming 1500pt tournament which is supposed to be friendly...

Trying not to be a dick, but he does things like not give a friendly 1" when there is a minor discrepancy, though me, my cousin, and all of our other friends will give the player the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>46073830
Wreak his face in, without seeming like you're trying.
>>
>>46073830
Isn't 1500 like the bare minimum for War Convo? Why not run that to really crush his hopes.

That said what you are bringing sounds pretty good.
>>
>>46073603
Its sad that setup would probably work against most Orks and Dark Eldar lists
>>
File: _86607985_mod.jpg (18 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_86607985_mod.jpg
18 KB, 660x371
>>46073830
And then your friends all also try to put together powerlists, as there's now two of you there with powerlists.

And lo, so it was that another club did fall into the crab bucket of powergaming.
>>
>>46073600
You must be a retard with no self control and buy all the upgrades, havocs with auto cannons 115 that's a lot of gun for cheap being agies with quad gun it's a excellent unit, if you go flak, las, or anything similar your retarded, chaos lord with bike fist\claw mon tanky as fuck killing machine HQ for only 165, 50 points for min squad cultists as tax is cheap or horde 145 points for 30 with flamers, that's cheap expendible units that will get focused fulfilling it's job, capture obj, tarpit, or if ignored killing hordes at its worse it attempts to kill something tankier than a ork and if you buy autoguns that is dumb but seriously fuck off people like you are cancer
>>
>>46073975
>And lo, so it was that another club did fall into the crab bucket of powergaming.
Story of my playgroup. Went from a group of four friends with fluffy lists and scenarios to a loose-knit crowd of about 10 people with 15+ armies represented. We traded scenarios for month long tournaments and leagues.

CSM player is on the verge of quitting since Orks left and nids sit on the shelf
>>
>>46073585
apparantly nonody would. shame
>>
>>46073830
I'm a Tournament Eldar player, once I'm home I'll tell you literally everything I do to dick people, make a post in the next thread
>>
>>46073975
I really hope this never happens to my group. So far the worst thing present is a Tau player with one Riptide, but I really fear people going and buying more plastic just to escalate things.
>>
>>46073826
I have a sorcerer in a dreadclaw along with Lucius and some noise marines. That's my main combat squad and will charge into his, most likely taking most of them out with two doom sirens + whatever psychic powers I get off.

I also have cultists which could probably do with some flamers now that I think of it. 6 obbies will help cut down anything that gets close range, hopefully.
>>
File: I asked for this.jpg (23 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
I asked for this.jpg
23 KB, 500x311
>Get 10 Kasrkin in an unopened box
>Get 10 more Kasrkin painted and assembled but stripping exists
>Already own 10 scions with their chimera
>5 sentinels
>Imperial Knight
Guard time baby
>>
>>46074000
>115 for a AutoHavoc squad
Won't do enough before it dies. It's five MEQ's averaging 23 PPM. If you go first you might get lucky and kills a Rhino equivalent. If you go second they'll only get to shoot if the enemy isn't afraid of them.

The Chaos Lord is the least shitty of the options you listed, but it's less efficient than just throwing a Sorcerer with a Familiar on a bike.

>Cultists
Cultists suck. Full stop. They only get taken because we have to take something, and you might as well take the cheaper shit unit. If cultists were good, Imperial Guard infantry would be stellar. You want to take objectives? Take Nurglings. You want to tarpit? How the hell are cultists going to tarpit when they'll run and get swept by anything they can reach?

Don't get angry just because people tell you when you're retarded.

List of good CSM units
>Sorcerer with Familiar
>Nurgle Spawn
>Nurgle Bikers
>Heldrake

Even the last two are questionable. Nurgle Bikers still fold hard to anything that normal bikes fold to, and the Heldrake can struggle against enemies that know how to space out their guys.
>>
>>46073932
I don't hate enough models for a War Conv. sadly. I think I can run a maniple for sure. The Skyhammer is what I'm thinking will really do him in.

>>46073975
It ebbs and flows. He'll powergame every now and then. Saying what of mine is cheesy or he'll be ahead by 7 TAC objectives and start whining if a comeback is made or I have a crucial gamechanging moment.
>>
>>46073859
You anon, I like you.
>>
The new Warhammer 40K page on facebook has not only decided to let users comment, but they are giving away the rules for the genestealer cults and the Deathwatch for free.

Free rules for 40K, not just AoS. Could GW finally be changing for the better?
>>
>>46075068
You mean the Black Library page?
>>
I want to get into WH40k books, where do I start?
>>
>>46075102
www.facebook dot com slash
Warhammer-40000-1575682476085719

they just decided yesterday to have public pages for people to 'like' and stuff. The AoS one has been a topic in that thread for the past day, I thought people knew about it here too
>>
How close a random pilgrim would get palace? If they could defy the odds and get to sol and of course terra?
>>
>>46075129
Also please don't mess this up, anons, they have finally come out of their social media shell a tiny bit and we wouldn't want to spook them back into disabling comments on everything
>>
File: 1441934635877.jpg (306 KB, 1200x943) Image search: [Google]
1441934635877.jpg
306 KB, 1200x943
thinking about getting some noise marines for my army. How easy/hard is it to put the noise marines cannons onto regular chaos marines
>>
>>46075182
I'm not sure but I'm doing the same, just ordered a pack of normal CSM and two sonic weapon upgrade kits. You have to use super glue cus they're resin so that makes it slightly harder, but shouldnt be too bad.
>>
>>46075182
I just converted some other guns by sricking Warpflame Gargoyles on the ends of the barrels. Gives you a screaming face without having to fiddle with as many kits.
>>
>>46068914
I would really like to see the exact text that state you need to declare all your shots/targets at once. I believe the anon before you had it right.

1. select weapon
2. select target
3. fire
4. repeat
>>
>>46075182
>>46075214
considering the fact that "noise marines" are an upgrade pack with no bodies and they're just arms and heads literally made to go on normal CSM bodies because no noise marine body exists (besides the champ), it should be pretty damn easy since that's what they're made for
>>
>>46075526
>besides the champ
Oh yea that's a good point.

If you're going to get combat noise marines (doom sirens OP) get the champ 100%, he looks so cool.

Next to Lucius as well. Makes my dick wet.
>>
Do you guys have any recommendations for making IG competitive? Planning on vets in chimeras, leman russes, inquisition allies, and the holy requisitioner formation for cult mech as well. Thoughts?
>>
File: NM11.png (1 MB, 880x521) Image search: [Google]
NM11.png
1 MB, 880x521
>>46075182
>>46075214
you can make noise weapons from 1) a filed down piece of sprue with gubbins added, 2) a rhino gargoyle head, and 3) guitar string, for much cheaper than paying potentially hundreds of dollars to outfit an entire army with plastic space man guns
>>
>>46075182
The noise marine box is nothing but regular CSM's + the weapons upgrade kit (which also includes a shoulder pad and head or two). Everything should be compatible with the regular CSM's.
>>
>>46075068
>Free rules for 40K
Has been a thing ever since Shield of Baal
>>
So, have the fa/tg/uys heard about TTS Warhammer 40K or not? There is a slowly growing community of players around it and we have plenty of armies already done. I've played a few games and once you get used to the controls it's pretty simple, fast fun.

Here, have a link to our Reddit where you can see what's already been done and a few topics if the game is actually worth it: https://www.reddit.com/r/TTSWarhammer40k/
>>
File: noise weapons.jpg (59 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
noise weapons.jpg
59 KB, 600x620
>>46075647
>he thinks GW gives you chaos marine bodies with the noise weapons

laughing_jews.png, ya gotta buy those separately goyim

>This 12-piece resin pack contains sonic blasters, arms and a blast master with which to equip your Chaos Space Marines so that they bear the arms of the Noise Marines.
>>
>>46075575

Don't believe the people who tell you that Guard are shit and the best you can do is Veterans in Chimeras, Chimeras are fucking garbage. Blobbed up Infantry Squads with Priests and Librarians from a Conclave are how you Troops as IG.
>>
>>46068914
Bullshit. Rules are absolutely clear, Anon is right.

1. select weapon
2. select target
3. fire
4. repeat
>>
>>46075691
I've seen this and it seems neat but . . . the entire reason many people play 40k is the models. 40k isn't actually a good game in the video game arena because without the models you might as well play a better video game.

Although I suppose it could be really good for trying stuff out for competitive games and if that floats some peoples' boats then fair enough.
>>
>>46075788
I agree that you won't get to touch and grope your little Termie the same way you do inRL but as you've pointed out, it's pretty useful for trying out armies before you fork out cash to our Spiritual Liege.

It's also really great when I come home from work and have about 2 hours of time which is way too little to grab my army, get to local store, play a game and come back. And that's not even mentioning having to overcome my own laziness and being lucky enough to find someone to play with at the store. Plus the fact that you can clone as many dice as you need and you've got an in-built measuring tool that measures correctly in inches... Yeah laziness wins 90% of time.

Also thanks to TTS I've learned some basic modeling and in many ways creating 3D models reminds me of putting together miniatures. You obsess over minor details and the result is rarely exactly like you imagined it but pretty bad-ass nonetheless.
>>
>>46067431
SHOO SHOO, SPOOKY D GHOST
>>
>>46075605
The more cheap scatch-builds I see, the more I'm convinced the 40k fanbase is at least one third made up of people who got into it looking for something to do with old guitar strings

Also, that gaudy glam-rock as fuck Noise Marine pleases Slaanesh
>>
So a friend just bought https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Ghosts-of-the-Imperium and I want to put my CSM army against it.

Be honest guys, without a chaos knight do I have any hope?
>>
>>46076042

...yeah, you absolutely do, that's kind of a shit-terrible army. Bring... fuck, man, bring whatever you think is cool, he obviously isn't here to kick ass and take names.
>>
File: noise-marines (1).jpg (22 KB, 255x283) Image search: [Google]
noise-marines (1).jpg
22 KB, 255x283
>>46075182
>>46075214
>>46075526
>>46075647
Have you ever build a Noise Marine?
I did, i have a Noise Marines army.

Those things are terrible.
Blastmaster is bend from the box, and the shoulderpad is miniscule. You need to cut a mk3 "reflector" to add it to the original shoulderpad to make it believable.

Sonic blasters instead always point up. Since the shoulder is already fix, you need to actually cut the resin inside and use green stuff to give them any sense.

Look at the official pic you find on the Codex. Notice the huge gap.
>>
>>46076042
Yes.
But you'll lose anyway
>>
File: 1406182378239.jpg (159 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1406182378239.jpg
159 KB, 746x982
>>46076156
>tfw GW will never quit ignoring CSM
>tfw loyalists keep getting new plasticrack and someday, non squatting marines while CSM are stuck with Independent Character models that are almost as old as the Horus Heresy and failcast Mutilators
>tfw you have 50 marines with almost the same poses, armour and weapons because you can only do so much with the parts available
I had to use the new Assault Marines and FW to make my Berserkers not look like shitty ice skaters...
>tfw Slaanesh and Tzeentch don't even get FW support
>>
>>46076302
thats what you get for going traitor
>>
>>46076335
Get fucked loyalist shitbag
>>
>>46076335
Gas the Loyalists! Crusade war now!
>>
>>46076335
I would rather be a traitor than be sentenced to death because I didn't reload my bolter like was instructed in the codex of the Girlyman
>>
File: 9a9[1].png (120 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
9a9[1].png
120 KB, 510x546
>>46076438
>Codex-Compliant bolter reloads not being second nature to you

Peasant.

You guys really need some updated kits tho
>>
>>46074765
>havocs
Puts a lot of pressure on light armored vehicles and decent anti air with quad gun, on its own won't do much but everything works together, paired with divination heralds will rape and if the enemy plays around it then can expose that with the rest of your army, for a 115 point squad it's hard to not find a use and that's only 1 configuration Can go 2 flames 2 auto in a metal box for cheap.
>cultists
Can tarpit with zombies but does involve taking a expensive HQ but typhus is a pretty good rape monster, I agree nurglings would be better at taking objectives I mention taking deamons in my original pst, regular cultists are cheap that's the point it's a good cost efficient troop choice meant to die if they do anything additional it's a bonus cause they are 50 points if you take additional upgrades expecting them to do more your doing it wrong. I don't compare them to other units in other armies like guard cause the rest of my army is played different from guard for what they are in a CSM army cultists are good

My point is cost efficient good units there are some in CSM army people bitch all day about CSM sucking not being better then there loyalist counterpart fuck that noise take daemons play like chaos not loyalist.
>>
>>46074127
>got 10 kasrkin for 10 bucks
>just have to strip them
i'm sad they didnt come with the plasma gun guy but damn these are nice models
why did GW have to discontinue them
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.