[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bug World VI: Not Dead Yet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: Arthroterra.jpg (131 KB, 1535x564) Image search: [Google]
Arthroterra.jpg
131 KB, 1535x564
Bug World is as it says it is. A fantasy world of small arthropod species. Moth mages, Butterfly wizards, Stag Beetle warriors, Spider rangers and much more!

Last thread we came up with stats for the playable races, discussed the merit of arms on leeches, weapons proposed, and entertainment briefly discussed

Help build Bug World!

Link to the current googledoc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pAduIU7TDaKHvvaUfzRbgYj44TX_hApLeNeVu2d5bbM/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>46066941
Lurkan...
>>
>>46066964
I might've posted this up a little too late in the night, oops
>>
>>46067114
Quite possibly. I don't have time to read through all that, do you mind if you just summarize the biggest points?
>>
>>46067172
Bug World is a realm where insects, crustacean and other arthropods rule in lieu of regular mammals.

These bug-folk have have formed complex civilisations, cultures and mythology and have done so despite living in a world of astonishing violence. Young bug-folk are warned with tales of monstrous flying beasts that see by sound, screaming behemoths of bristling quills and legends of foul beings crawling from the ocean to consume whole cities. Many a foolhardy adventurer having scoffed at the warnings found in fairytales has met a grisly end at the beaks, claws and jaws of such creatures of supposed myth.

There are factions of Wasp Hordes once united under a grand leader now fractured among his sons. Beetle clans such as the Stag, Rhino, Scarab, Bombadier, etc, many of whom were united under the banner of a legendary warrior. Ants being the most populous of the intelligent races they rely on their empathic connection to the Hive to achieve great works. Bee Hives that worship fire and field many pyromancers in their eternal wars with the Wasps. Termites that build the grandest of structures and allowing bugs of all races to live with them in peace and safety as long as they follow their rules.

Leechfolk that are among the worlds best healers living in swamps and coastal towns tending to herds of giant toads and crustaceans. Ascetic Mantis that follow strict religious and martial lifestyles to curb the cannibalistic hunger that plagues their race. Fly societies that have begun a rapid expansion into industry and chemistry after being shared the esoteric lessons of Alchemy from Bombadier beetles. Neurotic and meticulous roaches being the backbone of many cities and cultures workforce. Pseudoscorpion scholars traveling the world gathering knowledge and tales or tending to grand libraries within the Mantis monasteries. Spiders of all kinds populating many walks of life, their subspecies once united in a powerful force until the assassination of their leader.
>>
>>46067558
Jesus christ its all my deepest fears made comfy.

I'm going to assume the bugs are human sized? Or are we going max comfy and the world is normal sized and the bugs are small?

And is this a High Fantasy world with magi and stuff or more "realistic" low fantasy?
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1280x960
>>46066941
I know I'm waaaay late to the party, but remember that moth race tg made a while back? I don't know if you guys already used it or disregarded it or whatever, but that's work well I think

I could always be retarded and not assed to do my homework before I post
>>
File: 1458061126980.jpg (65 KB, 628x830) Image search: [Google]
1458061126980.jpg
65 KB, 628x830
>>46067668
Human-sized bugs but with much of the world over-sized to better reflect the true scale of bugs. I'm talking cities made in the shell of a colossal rotting log, cities and towns in the branches of massive trees, giant monstrous animals like hedgehogs, bats, lizards(dragons), anteaters. We're keeping humans away from the setting completely.

Sort of realistic medium fantasy. Gunpowder weapons are only just becoming widespread now that the flies have gained the knowledge of their creation from Bombadier beetle alchemists while Bee fire mages call down raging infernos on wasp hordes. Druids control carnivorous plants to protect the wilds and mole crickets use underground blast forges to create the worlds only source of true steel. Necromancer Cicadas use an ancient bioweapon cordyceps to promote their end of the world plots and Venomancers follows the commands of a mad god of poison to sow chaos and discord for it's own sake.

It's meant to be sort of an iron age setting but seems to be progressing a bit further than that

>>46067726
If you mean the Cimre Mothfolk I think they've been talked about being included and changed to fit the setting. The Flies and Leeches are also inspired by previous homebrewed arthropod races that /tg/ created
>>
>>46067831
These guys, if that's what you're referring too
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mothfolk
>>
>>46067831
So the planet is kinda like Kashyk or Felucia from star wars? That's cool. Also this is very uncomfy and I'm loving it.

Keeping humans away is a good idea. Maybe a King Kong like thing.

Maybe different cultures have different tech levels? Goliath Knights, Magitech esque Bombadiers, bronze age wasps etc

It kind of looks like a Warhammer Fantasy pre Age of Shitmar. But with vastly more bugs.

What still needs to be fluffed?
>>
So I missed a couple of threads there. Went to the Google Doc to refresh myself and holy crap. There as waaaaay more of my writing than I ever expected in there. <3

Anyway the doc is looking good, but it needs a once over with the edit stick. There are some inexplicable page breaks and some wonky spellings/punctuations (including some of the things I wrote).

>>46067957
Give the doc a read, then pick something and have fun with it.

Anyway here's a lil something for the bees based on the dot points in the doc:
Bees are a generally industrious race of hive builders. Their natural ability to forge perfect hexagons grants them leeway to build structures with far thinner and lighter construction than any other group.
Almost all bees are birthed by the Ruling Hive Queens. These matriarchs are revered as demi-gods of motherhood by their subjects, something that is typically kept quiet around other bugs, especially those of an openly religious bent.
Bees hold a race wide grudge against Hornets for the raids of times past. An attitude reinforced by the Queens who have handed it down mother to daughter, keeping the old hate smouldering.
Any race or government, particularly Ants, with hive tendencies finds it easy to get along with Bees due to the common ground produced by empathic connections.
All Bees are capable of vibrating their bodies at high speeds, which they use as a method of simple communication to groups of other bees. When sustained however bees can also greatly raise their own temperature, the root of their famous pyromancy abilities. Though very energy intensive and noisy, the heat generation makes any bee a potential pyromancer. Although rare other bugs can learn pyromancy, but must use their own methods to generate the heat necessary for starting the spells. With the advent of Fly Alchemy this has become easier than ever and more than one Hive Queen has looked upon this with fear and anger.

Thoughts?
>>
>>46068444
I like it.
Perhaps they raise feral bees and hold economic power in the fact that a single hives beekeeper caste can ensure prosperous yields in agricultural crops.
>>
>>46068444
I like this, also that Bee cities are the count among the bug made wonders , Floating Cities among the branches
>>
I was thinking for the Beetle kingdom, it is a Monarchy, but the next King is not decided through bloodline. Instead at the death of the current king a giant tournament is hosted, and is one of the most glorious events to happen in the bug world. The next king would have to win a majority of different contests from jousting, to a free for all melee, to chess.
>>
>>46068642
For the Scorpion Kingdom, it could be similar but it is decided via a series of battles and strategy games.
>>
>>46068658
To not be flavored to similarly maybe there is a little bit more emphasis on bloodlines, but there isn't one that determines who is Emperor, instead when the Emperor dies, the kingdom enters a pseudo-civil war state. With each noble line trying to beat the other at war games and whoever wins gets to be Emperor
>>
>>46068642
That's a great idea.
>>46068658
Also good.

Damn there's a lot of potential there for interesting lore and plot hooks.
>>46068706
Yeah, potential like that.
>>
>>46068706
To add to this, the years when an Emperor is in failing health, the Kingdom goes into a Cold War where each Noble house tries to find out as much information as they can about the others, their tactics and whatnot
>>
>>46068642
So on the range of contests, some possible inclusions:
Jousting
Free for all melee
Chess
Archery
Equestrian
Law
Hunting
Dance
Poetry

Any other ideas that beetles would want in a well rounded king?
>>
>>46068658
It's like chessboxing, only with more deadly neurotoxins and less thumbs.
>>
>>46069526
Sumo-style wrestling? Maybe add a King of the Hill aspect as part of the Free for all melee.
>>
>>46069654
Along with more forms of fighting and war games.
>>
>>46069526
Kind of want Arm Wrestling
>>
>>46069655
Yeah that's thematically appropriate for the bigger beetles especially.

>>46069728
I feel that arm wrestling is a little too simple. It's lacking the skill, physical and mental, that the others have.
>>
>>46069772
I know hence the kind of, I would just find it hilarious for a story. Grand Tournament 25, ties in all the competitions, then it comes down to the simplest one of all. A show of brute strength and nothing more.
>>
>>46069772
maybe arm wrestling but also ballet at the same time?
>>
>>46069877
Arm wrestling while also beating your appoint at chess without looking at the board so it requires them to test their memory while under physical strain
>>
>>46069526
Alright in all honestly without silliness I think this list is good, only add a wrestling of some kind
>>
>>46069903
I'm sorry but I'm not going to compromise on the ballet, my heart is set on huge ass beatles dancing super gracefully on their teeny tiny feets whilst also locked in a bout of combat so tense it would shuck the carapace of a lesser invertebrate. The chess can be a side thing, but only if its strange, insectoid chess where you have flying units.
>>
>>46069526
And for Scorpions:
Go
Chess
Risk
Jousting
Melee
Fencing
Wrestling
Arm Wrestling
Boxing
Pretty much any combat-based type of fighting.
>>
>>46069968
Arm wrestling, or tail wrestling?
>>
>>46070114
Both.
>>
>>46069968
>Risk
Don't make me come over there and spank you. This thread for good things only. :P

There would have to be some sort of bug created war game. There are plenty of historical/fantasy examples to take inspiration from.

>>46069961
Yes good. Some kind of ritualised sparring. Set to music and using a limited number of moves to best the opponent. You've got the duration of the song to out maneuver them.
>>
>>46070372
>make a new war game for bugs
>make and sell it and start a boards game company
>become a millionare
:^)
>>
>>46069968
They'd also need tests for stamina, endurance, reflexes, how well they can ambush, etc.
>>
I added a spider folktale. Thoughts?
>>
>>46070408
Actual wargames. Equipd the wooden/padded weapons!
The prospective emp takes a small squad of soldiers, has to lead them to victory over other teams.

Also, aging Scorpion Emperors undergoing special diets and training regimes. Stomping about like a man having a midlife crisis to prove to all the noble houses he's still fit and healthy so they keep working instead of trying to spy on each other.
>>
File: Rachnera.png (79 KB, 327x289) Image search: [Google]
Rachnera.png
79 KB, 327x289
>>46070425
Yeah that's pretty damn good.
Unsettling in just the right way.
Well done.
>>
>>46070436
The Scorpion Ceremony has a lack of sabotage except for the actual wars, but absolutely brutal due to the amount of physical activities, training strength, dexterity, reflexes, speed, durability, skill, strategy, tactics and adapting required. Most emperors are of the first emperor's royal blood, granting them heightened abilities.
>>
Oh boy page 9 plz go.

Uh right what to post...moth stuff I guess.

All moths, especially the males, are very sensitive to the pheromones given off by bug under extremes of emotion and stress. More importantly they are consciously aware of this where other bugs aren't. Moth priests use this to their advantage when speaking with parishioners, giving them great insight into hat the bug is feeling no matter what they are saying.
Incense features heavily in both ceremony and magic for moths. Some types of incense are mixed with special powders that result in faintly shimmering clouds went burnt. Such varieties are used in only the most important of ceremonies and the longest and most difficult spells.

So I'm thinking that due to the somewhat less mobile nature of a face made of chitin, that pheromones would play a much bigger role in supplementing expressions and body language to convey mood and emotion.
In most situations with would be a subconscious thing for bugs. Something that they feel and know but don't consciously focus on. It also gives us the neat fraise:
"The tension in the room was thick enough to smell."
>>
>>46071797
Would make moths natural diplomats
>>
>>46068444
>Hive Queen
FOR MOTHER!

But yeah, maybe the bees are a bit fanatical to their queens, to a point of stereotyping?
>>
>>46070372
>Yes good. Some kind of ritualised sparring. Set to music and using a limited number of moves to best the opponent. You've got the duration of the song to out maneuver them.

Being challenged to the dance-battle of olden days used to be a serioues offense, an insult to both one's prowess and their grace, one that was to be met with the utmost seriousness. But somewhere down the line, many younglings lost respect for the old art, finding it ridiculous and embarrassing. The beetles of today rarely fight with the practiced maneuvers of the Khala-Un. The young find it 'lame', the adults find it's practice a waste of time, the elders can only fondly reminisceit. But sometimes challenges of Khala are still made, by traditionalists and purists who have kept the Khala-Un alive. Once the opponent realizes it is not a joke, few do follow through with the challenge and often resign on the spot. Some do it out of respect, but all of them know the dance-battle is not to be taken lightly for it is very dangerous, and masters of the Khala cannot be beat by the unprepared.
>>
>>46072434

>Khala-Un, "the art of dance" in an old dialect, is the evolved form of a rudimentary wrestling match. It is theorized by scholars that at it's origins, it was fought by the battlers charging at one another headfirst, and whoever could pin the other after knocking them down would be the winner. Eventually the ruleset could have been exploited. Nimble enough fighters would dodge out of the way at the last moment and knock their opponent down to a side as they passed.

>Using their large sizes and heavy carapaces, the art revolves around the dancers moving with the tip of their feet to try to out-maneuver one another, and apply the "Khai", or 'lean', on the opponent to knock them down. The Khai is a gentle ram that often doesn't use ones limbs, as they are reserved to keep balance. The Khai comes without force and mostly relies on one's weight and superior balance to be the pusher and not the pushed, amateurs can often mistake an opportunity and knock themselves down in the attempt. A Khai can only be countered by yeilding, and dodging out of the way, trying to push back will end with broken legs and cracked carapaces, and one knocked down anyways. No one has died in a challenge of Khala-Un yet, but the injuries can be crippling.
>>
So we should figure out policies and structures for the different religions. For example, do the Lunarians have a Moth Pope? Special events under full moons? Holidays under Solar and Lunar eclipses? Magic rituals?
>>
>>46072827
We should come up with a moth society rather than copy paste the Cimre moths
>>
Where's PublicRelations?
>>
File: 1435473587812.jpg (254 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1435473587812.jpg
254 KB, 800x1000
>>
File: 1435473518359.png (619 KB, 1600x605) Image search: [Google]
1435473518359.png
619 KB, 1600x605
>>
>>46069526
I don't really want two races with the exact same way of succession, I feel like it lowers both and makes both events not as great
>>
File: 1435471725955.png (538 KB, 1386x576) Image search: [Google]
1435471725955.png
538 KB, 1386x576
>>
File: 1433582576318.png (174 KB, 506x581) Image search: [Google]
1433582576318.png
174 KB, 506x581
>>46074636
The face on this one is horrifying.
>>
Guys I'm not dead, I only died for a little while. Glad to see everything is still up and running! I really like the leechfolk fluff, that's the amount of stuff that would help the world immensely.

When I get home I'll try to finish up that shitty map and maybe write some moth culture fluff. Keep up the good work!
>>
>>46071797
Nevermind moth stuff done already. Looks great! Maybe grasshoppers then, they seem overlooked
>>
File: Bug Comic Panel 1.jpg (163 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
Bug Comic Panel 1.jpg
163 KB, 576x768
>>46074002
Right here!
Unfortunately I've been very busy as work so haven't been able to respond much.

It looks like a lot of good stuff has been generated which i'll try to include in some form

I've been making this comic thing too
>>
>>46074825
Shit son
>>
>>46074825
That's incredible
>>
Reading through the doc again I feel like centipedes are out of place in the sentient races, seeing as how millipedes are a domesticated race. Also I can't even begin to imagine an anthro centipede.
>>
>>46075207
It's probably like a centaur.
>>
>>46075260
So scorpions without pincers and stingers? That still feels out of place.
>>
>>46075387
We still haven't decided if scorpions are centaurs are not.
I personally think they should be more bipedal.
>>
>>46075387
I wanted centipedes to be the dragons of the setting, giant ravenous beasts that consume everything and everyone in their path while seeping pestilence and venom in their wake.

But the intelligent ones, likely based on house centipedes, probably scurry around on their stomachs then rear up their front half to interact. Similar to the Leeches
>>
File: mothfolk 2.jpg (63 KB, 900x591) Image search: [Google]
mothfolk 2.jpg
63 KB, 900x591
If someone wanted to play a melee-oriented moth, would that be doable, or are they limited to purely magic users?
>>
>>46075466
They'd lean to arcane/divine but they aren't restricted. I don't think we were going to have class restrictions on the races
>>
>>46075466
>>46075506
They'd probably be weak in terms of melee but still doable.
>>
>>46075466
Moths could be warriors, but they would be more inclined to magic, due to being less naturally protected, and having wings
>>
>>46075506
>>46075539
>>46075586
I'm thinking of a bladesinger or paladin sort of equivalent, if specifics help.
>>
>>46075586
They could probably be good spell blades or clerics
>>
>>46075618
>>46075607
That's a pretty good idea. Moon moth paladins!
>>
>>46075466
I could see some Moth legionnaires, using gladiuses and taking advantage of their smaller size to do serious damage in close combat. Plus, a shield offers more protection when you're smaller, since it protects a larger percentage of your body.
>>
>>46075910
Maybe they can flutter their wings kicking up a cloud of their irritating wingdust
>>
>>46075423
Bipeds +1

It's the bet way if going about it imo
>>
>>46075423
I'd vote for sort of centaurs. I simply cannot imagine completely upright scorpions.
>>
>>46066941
Wait a sec. What is the system used?
>>
>>46076243
Bipedal but with eight smaller legs instead of two legs.
And if scorpions are centaurs, so should everything else.
>>
>>46076271
Not everything needs to be a centaur if scorpions are. Bipedal scorpions just sounds odd. We've pretty much left spiders as is, and tacked arms onto leeches, so centaur scorpions should be fine
>>
>>46076339
Nah, it sounds like their bodies would be incredibly distorted, let's go humanoid.
>>
>>46076339
Leeches don't have arms now because of people screaming and crying.

I'm gonna sketch what I think Scorpions should be but we really should ask PR what he thinks since this is their pet project
>>
I too have returned from the dead!
Reposting Moth Cleric because why not.
>>46076402
Centaur Scorpion is best Scorpion.

>>46076458
Leeches should have arms. Arms are good.

>>46076268
We have no set system yet but I had been proposing a dice pool based system.
>>
File: 1457337397635.png (29 KB, 452x447) Image search: [Google]
1457337397635.png
29 KB, 452x447
>>46076402
Also posting centaur Scorpion w/ qt Mothgirl
>>
>>46076458
>>46076509
They have tentacles now, not arms.
>>
>>46076542
>>46076458
Ok I paniced for a bit because I thought they became slugs, but tentacles are dope
>>
>>46076521
This makes sense for how scorpions should look. No other art looks right
>>
File: 1457371548820.jpg (240 KB, 607x780) Image search: [Google]
1457371548820.jpg
240 KB, 607x780
>>46076542
As long as they work like arms, I'm fine with it. The "Waaa no arms on leeches" crowd was annoying.

>>46076509
Also forgot moth cleric
>>
>>46076509
>Bipedal Scorpion is best Scorpion.
FTFY.
>>
File: masterpiece.png (4 KB, 390x270) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece.png
4 KB, 390x270
>>46075423
Personally I prefer Bipedal Scorpions. I imagine it looks like pic related.
>>
File: masterpiece.png (3 KB, 390x270) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece.png
3 KB, 390x270
>>46076758
Or this.
>>
>>46076731
>Centaur Scorpion is Best Scorpion
I'm sure you meant to type this
>>
>>46076731
I agree.
>>
>>46076812
>Bipedal Scorpion is best Scorpion.
>>
What if there are both for scorpions, being bipedal is a sign of nobility while centaur like is seen as common
>>
>>46076801
I like this but with only two pincers
>>
>>46075423
Scorpions can be sort of like imps in traditional fantasy settings, bipedal but with a stinging tail, only without wings.
>>
>>46076883
Same
>>
>>46076831
I heartily disagree. Centaurs are best Scorpion. I'm not going to continue the back and forth, because that would waste posts.

Anyway, anyone interested in fluffing out Butterfly society?
>>
>>46076955
I'll do that maybe when I get home. I wrote some stuff for grasshoppers too, so I might throw that in as well.
>>
>>46076955
I'd say we have a vote on the biped/centaur thing. Do it for any race it applies too.

Might as well establish it now.
>>
>>46066941
>>46066941

Bipedal? Or Centaur-like?

Vote now.

http://strawpoll.me/7108170
>>
Centaur just makes so much more sense with their tail. To make a scorpion bipedal the tail would have to function dramatically differently.
>>
>>46077080
Imagine a human with a tail they can manipulate, not so hard now is it?
>>
>>46077080
This anon gets it.

However, as it was said earlier, it's PR's project, and they have the final say.
>>
>>46077080
If it's centaur like how big would the tail have to be for it to be able to strike over the chest and head of the scorpion? It would have to be incredibly large.
>>
>>46077102
What, like a cat or a dog? It really is very hard, scorpion tails are not for balance and are much larger relative to their body.

>>46077112
It would have to be much, much larger with bipeds. To support the weight they'd need to throw their hips back so much they might as well be centaurs.
>>
>>46077131
>implying scorpions wouldn't be big armored guys for you in this system
wew
>>
>>46077131
It would have to work differently with bipeds, perhaps striking over the side or shoulder of the scorpion?

Either way, striking over the head has more issues.
>>
So people want bipedal four limbed centaurs but had a meltdown over leeches with arms

WOW
>>
>>46077150
deal with it leechfag, they shouldn't even be playable desu
>>
>>46077150
Doubt it was the same people anon.

I like leeches with tentacles though. Seems neat.
>>
>>46077147
Striking over the sides or the shoulder is equally possible when centaur-like.

>>46077150
Actually, >>46076883 this complaint emerged over the 4 pincers almost instantly, nobody contested it, so I think the extra 2 pincers are not a thing.
>>
File: Ophiocordyceps3-L.jpg (86 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
Ophiocordyceps3-L.jpg
86 KB, 800x534
so this is the undead of Bug world right?
>>
>>46077166
Fuck you asshole. I was an antiarm voter.

Pointing out your fucking hypocrisy
>>
>>46077208
then why the fuck are you talking about it retard
>>
>>46077204
Yup. Ancient bio weapon of the Trilobite empire and now under control of the Cicadas
>>
>>46077204
Kind of. The Mold (aka Cordeceps) is a terrible parasitic infection that slowly consumes it's host as they are forced to join the hive mind and spread it.

Lore wise, it is an Ancient tool of the Trilobites. They used it to enslave and warp land based creatures with their Biomancy
>>
>>46077231
Nah, Cicadas should be obsessed with Ascension, The Mold should be worshipped by infected victims.
>>
>>46077224
Cause, trumpsupporter, it's hypocritical that people want realistic leeches but anthropomorphized scorpions
>>
>>46077245
I think it was an errant group, a death cult or some such, and not Cicadas as a whole.
>>
Anything on Centipedes yet?
>>
>>46077264
>bashing Trump

Please stop trying to derail the cozy bug-world thread
>>
>>46077270
Yeah a death cult. Most cicadas can cause most insects to go temporarily insane with their buzzing. Good thing they spend decades harmlessly underground.

It's a possible civilization ending event when the masses of cicadas emerge together in a single season
>>
>>46077264
>trumpsupporter
>anyone who disagrees with me must be trump
>bitching about people wanting bipedal scorpions but not armed leeches
>when you fucking voted against armed leeches
Wrong board, tumblr's two blocks down.
>>
>Moths have a Noh theatre like culture

Fund it
>>
>>46077298
They're in the doc, but very little. I personally don't like the thought of them, because millipedes are domesticated, but I dunno. Throw ideas out there!
>>
>>46077264
They're all anthropomorphized on some level, but with their original anatomy in mind. Leeches had arms tacked on that just didn't belong. Tentacles are a good compromise, as leeches are invertebrates originally.
>>
>>46077319
Good buzzwords there chum.

I could care less about the scorpions body structure. Just laughing at you retards
>>
>>46077328
>Noh theatre
Dope as fuck. I'd get behind it
>>
>>46077339
>i could care less
>which is why i brought it up
>buzzwords
>when you're immediate response is trump supporter and how you don't care
I think you got the wrong board, /lgbt/'s like two blocks down.
>>
>>46077303
How is Trump a hypocrite?
>>
>>46077335
I personally loved the Hirudo when we made them but I agree the facial tentacles are the best thing for them. I think I might've been the first to suggest that compromise
>>
Looks like Bipedal is the winner in the poll.
>>
>>46077328
>Flapping wings add to the theatrics
>Noh masks
>[angry moth noises intensify theatrically]
>Lights used to entrance and guide both the audience and entertainers
>Noh fucking masks

mah fucking nigga
>>
>>46077041
>no vote for both

the poll is shit
>>
>>46077303
>>46077319
>>46077339
>>46077353
>>46077364

Stop derailing. Go to /pol/ if you want to talk about Trump.

>>46077462
Looking good anon. I like it.
>>
File: devilImp.jpg (61 KB, 736x962) Image search: [Google]
devilImp.jpg
61 KB, 736x962
>>46077131
:
>>
>>46077658
what?
>>
>>46077658
Eh, looks too scrawny, most scorpions would be big armoured guys for you. The more venomous ones could be small and scrawny like imps.
>>
>>46077726
>>46077698
It's just showing how the tail looks with a biped
>>
File: scorpion anatomy.jpg (89 KB, 802x630) Image search: [Google]
scorpion anatomy.jpg
89 KB, 802x630
I think on the issue of scorpion anatomy a comparison image is required

Personally given how I settled leeches with a compromise I'm sure there is one for scorpions.

Pic is the two variants considered
>>
Anyone have that artwork of a bipedal hornet and spider?? Might try to work on scorpion artwork (maybe) and I like the way the spider looked in that one.
>>
>>46077813
The OP image has PR's art
>>
>>46077802
Perhaps B could go for fouru sets of claw arms, and have weaponry and tools designed for it.
>>
>>46077813
>>46077823
No spider art yet though. I think they're just being left "spidery" but I dunno
>>
>>46077813
I can post my quick sketch for the spiders if you like
>>
>>46077839
Do that PR, sounds neato. Your art is fantastic
>>
File: spidersketch.jpg (151 KB, 966x884) Image search: [Google]
spidersketch.jpg
151 KB, 966x884
>>46077813
here you go
>>
>>46077802
I remember seeing an idea a couple of threads ago. Perhaps Scorpions can stand on their hind legs (option B) for every day tasks, but would support themselves with an additional set in battle (option A).
>>
>>46077802
why not simply have a bipedal state be more advantegous at times then a centaur state and vice versa?

it would explain having both and some if not all races be able to use both
>>
>>46077886
Ok so an intermediary set of arm/legs in the middle so they can be both
>>
>>46077927
more or less
>>
>>46077886
>>46077927
Make a new strawpoll for three options.
>>
>>46077943
http://strawpoll.me/7108782

Vote Vote
>>
>>46077886
>>46077927
This sounds perfect. We get the best of both worlds, and leave it up to the circumstances
>>
>>46077886
There can be only one.
>>
>>46078190
And it looks like it's Biped.

Glad that's sorted.
>>
>>46077802
A is objectively better, in terms of form and function. Unless you are gonna take off most of its limbs, just use template A.
>>
>>46078297
>Not enjoying six arms to ORA ORA your opponents
>>
>>46078190
>there can only be one

Why?
>>
>>46078327
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE
>>
>>46078357
Why? They can be like bears, most of the time down but when shot gets serious the stand up.
>>
>>46078408
I believe in 6 Claws rather than 2 Claws + 4 Arms
>>
Explain to me this Bipedal predicament
>>
>>46078429
Then they aren't scorpions
>>
>>46078446
Some men want Bipedal Scorpions, other men want Centaur Scorpions, some just want to watch the world burn, and others go for the hybrid of both.
>>46078455
>perfectly fine with scorpions becoming human sized and given human intelligence
wew lad
>>
>>46078455
>>46078429
then go with >>46077886 Idea

Holy shit it is not a hard decision to make
>>
>>46078467
That is what I am saying
>>
>>46078463
WHY DON'T THEY WANT SAVAGE CENTAUR SCORPS.
>>
>>46078467
>I believe in 6 claws
>scorpions walking on 2 to 4 pincers
that's dumb as fuck
>>
>>46078488
Because centaurs are lame and Bipedal Scorpions are far superior in every way.
>>
>>46078463
Then what's the point of Centaur like spider dudes.

Arachnids are purpose built to be Centaur oid
>>
>>46078508
That's why we're fucking voting, and purely bipedal scorpions are winning like they should be.
>>
>>46078028
>Bipedal scorpions are double the votes
Excellent
>>
>>46078537
Leeches won the Arms-race, but they don't have arms. PublicRelations is pretty much the final word.
>>
>>46078507
>>46078537
So bipedal spiders?

Bipedal centipedes?

Fucking retards
>>
>>46078601
That's because we agreed on the compromise, there's clearly a difference here.
>>46078612
Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>46078612
calm down
>>
>>46078537
>>46078507
>>46078596
If you honestly believe that bipedal scorpions look better than centaur ones, you are not only insane but stupid. A bipedal scorpion would topple over due to the massive weight of its own tail. That, and the problem inherent in the lore on the google docs already states that they have multiple pairs of legs, meaning that the author agrees with the correct portrayal as well.
>>
>>46078624
Or I can drive this project into the ground because arachnids are bipedal know.
>>
>>46078633
Don't be a retard.
>>
>>46078634
>caring about realism in giant fucking arthropods with human intelligence
>caring about a slight change in lore when they could've just evolved into a more bipedal form overtime
>>46078645
crashing this setting with no survivors?
>>
>>46078656
You're getting mad over a setting idea, lmao.
>>
I'm calling veto on this as it has descended into pointless shit posting.

I didn't create the strawpoll either

The compromise of >>46077886 is the best of both worlds that accommodates for those that wish to have their games scorpions as walking around happily or crawling.

It is important to remember that this is not a super concrete setting and having your games scorpions as bipedal or quadrapedal is a matter of taste as the way scorpions are anatomically designed has zero impact on their lore or world issues unless you make it one.
>>
>>46078679
So did leeches having arms.
>>
>>46078679
Thanks PR. Too much shitposting and butthurt. I personally think that the Scorpions should be Cebtaurish, so if I ever run a game then that's what I'm gonna do.
>>
>>46078679
>Calling veto because people can't stop shitposting about their scorpion variant losing
Come on man...
>>
Where do we stand on slugs and snails?

Wise sage hermits?
Incredulous devourers?

also do Flies live in a dieselpunk city full of smogclogged shanties and trash flooding the streets?
>>
>>46078679
I feel like all arthropods should ride on non-sapient giant regular versions of themselves.
>>46078754
Snails are livestock.
Some slugs are intelligent but with no magic, so they combine with non-sapient slugs into a slug mass and fight for the right of their gastropod brethren.
>>
Why not have Centaur desert scorps and bipedal jungle scorps?

Everybody is happy then
>>
>>46078790
Not really, some people might want all bipedal or all centaur, mostly all bipedal due to the strawpoll.
>>
>>46078785
>Snails are livestock

for who and why? also I'd personally swap them for slugs as livestock if it's necessary at all

I just really like the old geezer motiff surrounding snails
>>
>>46078679
We had 2 votes. Bipeds won both times.

This is a group project and the majority should rule in these situations.
>>
>>46078785
>>46078790
I support both ideas for Scorpions.

Happy compromise yall
>>
>>46078844
Snails are like pack animals, lugging supplies and whatnot, not actual livestock to be slaughtered and eaten
>>
>>46078860
Nah, let the compromise win. You can still run whatever you want in your own games.
>>
>>46078860
Like in Nazi germany, right?

Besides, AA has a compromise that works >>46078790
>>
>>46078790
>>46078892
IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER VOTE
>>46078892
>Voting for whether a race in a fantasy game should have legs or not is equivalent to genocide
Maybe you should commit genocide of your genepool.
>>
File: BugWorld Color_attempt1.png (2 MB, 7520x4808) Image search: [Google]
BugWorld Color_attempt1.png
2 MB, 7520x4808
Hey all! Been working on the map since I got home, placed some basic settlements and added some stuff to the second continent. Still looking for ideas.

Legend will be in the next post
>>
>>46078883
Then why have the vote anyway?

>My idea lost so let's force the majority to compromise with me
Fuck that.
>>
>>46078790
Two votes and Bipedals won by about a double, even with the compromise, I disagree.
>>
Seriously, stop with the shitposting. PR has spoken, and since they are head honcho here, that is the end if it. Let's discuss something else.

Such as Butterfly society. We already had the pupa stage being something of an awkward time for the parents as well as the young.
>>
>>46078947
We should settle it now, rather than let the shitstorm happen later.
>>
>>46078790
no thanks
i didn't vote for bipedal and have it win twice just for another compromise unless it's being settled via a vote
>>
>>46078939
>>46078918
>ass mad bipedal fags
>>
>>46079001
>ass mad centaur fag
>>
>>46078921
>grey-unexplored
>brown mountain- Mount Khepri, sacred site of the Beetles
>yellow-dessert, inhabited by scorpions(closer to the center) and scarab beetles(the outskirts)
>green island-bee island. The triangle is a dormant volcano, due to the bees attraction to heat
>light brown-land claimed by the wasp horde, northern half is tundra-esque.
>Mountain range and big lake-Butterflies and moths inhabit these lands
>Tan coast-CRAB. PEOPLE
>Big arrow-biggest crab town, largest port on the western continent.
>Green island-Mantis island
>Green blob on eastern continent-Jungle. Spiders and whatnot
>The eastern continent also has an inland sea now. Inland seas are neat
>Purple stars-scattered fly cities
>>
>>46079015
Lol we won what are you talking about? PR vetoed.

Take your spiderman villian shit somewhere else lmao
>>
>>46079001
the majority voted twice and chose biped. How is this so hard to understand that the MAJORITY wants bipeds?
>>
>>46079055
Kek
>>46079044

Veto power over dumb ideas is a helluva drug
>>
>>46079044
>Being forced into a compromise is winning
wew lad
>>
>>46079092
>bipedal arachnids
Wew lad
>>
>>46079111
>centaur arthropods
wew lad
>>
>>46079118
And your point is?
>>
Woodlice? Woodlice.
>>
>>46079128
And your point is?
>>
>>46079118
Yeah?
>>
>>46078679
>call veto due to shitposting
>only ignites more shitposting
>>
>>46078947

So I had some ideas about Grasshoppers.

>First to begin producing alcoholic drinks
>Roaming clansmen, not inclined to settle down for long
>Sellswords much of the time, if not entertainers
>Extremely friendly towards all races EXCEPT ants. This is due to the fable of the ant and the grasshopper, I felt like incorporating that somehow
>Expert metal workers, second only to their cousins the crickets, who live underground some anon said this, I really like it
>Pretty much the hares from the Redwall series, for those who have read that

Thoughts? Other ideas?
>>
>>46079169
Dropped my pic
>>
Since there have been call to flesh out religions a bit in previous threads, I'll try adding some stuff.

>Golden Mound followers poop in a box, and every week they bring that box to the local temple to add it to a big communal frass-ball.

>Devout Divine Horn and Shell followers will often decorate their horns for males, and paint their shells for females. This has lead to new fashions even among non-religious populations.

>When they die, followers of Oznus will have their corpses put in balloons or fed to flying predators in order to return to him.

>Lunarians make monthly pilgrimages to their temples for every full moon. Solar eclipses are called 'Moon Days' and their most important holidays revolve around it, overseen by the curent pope/popess (always a moth), organizing feasts, magic shows, and parades for the event. Lunar eclipses are the second most important where followers wear red. Children also hunt for red balls and tell scary stories as tradition.

>The religious leader of the Matriarchal Devourer is always female. Every season, locals put on a play about their mythos. A male is randomly selected to play the God King. In the past, the actor was killed and consumed at the end of the play, but this practice was eventually found abominable by other faiths and changed.

>Some sects of the Sacred Shedding are trying to hasten the process of shedding by large digging and excavation projects, or causing geological disasters with earth magic.

>Since Bee hives are both monarchies and theocracies, criminals are also branded as heretics when they break the law. Except outsiders: they can be regular criminals.
>>
>>46070425
Sounds like fun. I'll give it a read.

>>46077802
I lean towards A personally, gives them a bit of an centaur like bent as compared to other races with for standing legs, mostly due to their bodies being lengthened by the tail.
>>
>>46079191
Their bodies look incredibly fucked up, mate.
>>
>>46079182
I know right? Those bipedal fags just won't quit, will they?
>>
>>46079217
Nigga, both centaur and bipedal fags need to fuck off, especially faggots like you.
>>
>>46079191
I like this. Like really like this. Its giving me some Edgar Rice Burroughs vibes.
>>
>>46079211
Sketches, son.

I'm sorry this is your ideal scorp, Anon.
>>
>>46079202
What happens to said communal frass-ball?
Does it grow forever?
Do they use it as fertilizer for the greater good?
do they eat it?
>>
>>46079272
>strawmanning
Fuck off.
>>
>>46079289
Dude, that's literally what they want. That's the opposite of a strawman
>>
>>46079283
Ritual burning once a month or so? Then use the ashes for fertilizer?
>>
>>46079202
Last thread I suggested an expansion for the Horn and Shell.

>> The Horned Father and Shelled Mother produced children. The eggs hatched into the first Beetles, two of each kind. The First Scarabs, the First Stags, etc etc
>>
>>46079312
>this is the ideal scorp centaurfags want
>>
File: Beetle-On-weta.png (94 KB, 1177x863) Image search: [Google]
Beetle-On-weta.png
94 KB, 1177x863
I'm free to work on some drawings myself. Anons got any requests?

Otherwise was gonna go work on some Conan-esque scorpion bods.
>>
>>46066941
one thing i think is important.
The taxonomy of bugs is a wonderfull tool that can be used to do the background of this future game.
For example the hymenoptera order contains bees and wasps.
We can say that bees and wasp were from an ancient kingdom.
Also bees and waps are genres ,with a lot of families and species, a lot of them vastly unknown (you have to be a fucking expert to being able to diferenciate between species at local level).
We can use this to give the player an oportunity to customize the character.
Also the taxonomical relations can give us feudal kingdoms and families.
Is not to be simulationist or realistic in a autistic way, i simply saying that we can use this so our game is more fun. Use it to work less while learning something.
>>
File: WOAH-LEECH.png (55 KB, 544x563) Image search: [Google]
WOAH-LEECH.png
55 KB, 544x563
>>46074825
this is great. I eagerly await to see where it goes.
>>
>>46079402
It quite literally isn't. If that's what you thought we wanted then I can understand why you opposed it.
>>
>>46079449
It's exactly what you and centaurfags want.
>>
>>46079433
Cont.
For example whe can do a family tree of the ancient fliying kingdom (hymenoptera)
Whose feudal families are.
The wasps (The stinger clan)
The bees (The honey makers clan)
The ants (The fungifield clan)
>>
>>46079463
You sound like a salty autist. Move the fuck on.
>>
>>46079202
I imagine the scorpions that primarily use neurotoxins worship a treacherous god of deceit and dirty tricks while the ones that use pincers worship a god of war and protection
>>
>>46079408
nothings scorpion related, don't encourage the shitposters.

Maybe draw a Wasp and a beetle fighting?
>>
>>46079519
We could say also that the ants rebelled vs the others and they were cursed by the bugs gods (or so say the legends) to be without wings.

But every generations if you are virtous enought you grow wings and can mate and fund a new anthill.
>>
>has a vote
>bipeds wins by twice the number kf votes as centaur
>random veto because reasons

What in the actual fuck is the reasoning behind this?
>>
>>46079561
Centaurfags bitched about it until it got vetoed. We have to deal with it.
>>
>>46079561
Too much shitposting by anons butthurt on both sides.
>>
>>46079561
Both sides shitposted, shame too since I wanted bipedals.
>>
>Start thread
>go to bed at ten posts in
>Come back from work
>Second Bug-Anatomy War has started, 200+ posts

What the hell guys?
>>
>>46079519
This sounds super neat!
So Grasshoppers, Crickets, Locusts, and Cicadas would all be in the same "clan", for example?
>>
>>46079622
And Roaches, Mantis, and Termites would be all the same clan as well?
>>
>>46079621
We need a solution, a final solution like this anon suggested, we gas the minority: >>46078892
>>
>>46079622
they are different families for the orthoptera kingdoms.

You could say that they are from the same ancient kingdom, protoculture, region etc..
>>
>>46079634
>>46079622
All these insects could be defended from the ancient kingdoms that sprouted up after the Trilobites and Ammonites fell.
>>
Crickets have a particularly lowbrow sense of humor.
>>
What are the differences between Beetles and Scorpions, from what I am reading they both are just martial societies
>>
>>46079575
>>46079581
>>46079597
But dat vote doe
>>
>>46079699
Scorpions are more war-like, and they also have Deathstalker Assassins and Scorpion Mercenaries and Imperial Guards for hire.
>>
>>46079720
easily faked
>>
>>46079760
>this is what centaurfags actually believe
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.