[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k general.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: IMG_20160201_192723.jpg (468 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160201_192723.jpg
468 KB, 1024x768
Malal was the horned rat all along edition.

Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>/TG/ Argument lore and tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Butthurt

>New Chaos stats and painting guides
http://m.instructables.com/id/Bloody-Broken-Glass-Cupcakes-for-Halloween/

>Best Space Marine Chapter
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Phantoms" edition.
>>
>>46054184
I know 40k plasma operates by having containment flasks from which hydrogen is fed into a fusion reactor inside the gun. There's it's turned to plasma and ejected via a magnetic field.

Pulse weapons don't use hydrogen nor a fusion core, they use projectiles and induction fields.
>>
So going back to my question since the other thread ended. Are terminators worth it? I know they have a 2+ armor save and a 5++ but they have 1 wound and five of them cost about 200 without upgrade's. The 2+ save is nice but if your hit with enough attacks in one turn it may not matter. So are they worth it in any way or is there a better alternative?

Thoughts?
>>
>>46055412
IIRC, Pulse weapons use a projectile that creates a plasma sheath that allows it to travel farther and faster than it otherwise normally would. It uses plasma, but it's not a "true" plasma weapon.
>>
Anyone have scans of the WD with Genestealre Cult pain schemes?
>>
Why is first legion worst legion?
>>
I'm trying to get into 40k and I'm interested in the RPGs, are they any good?
>>
>>46055490
In a competitive meta? No
That said, they're not a totally shit unit like some others I could mention and work fine in casual games.
>>
>>46055638
Yeah I imagined in competitive meta no. But I was trying to imagine a good 5 man squad with a terminator captian
>>
>>46055668
I think the best way to do it is to go all out with assault terminators with storm shields and thunder hammers then a terminator captain with burning blade or duel lightning claws to slap people at initiative.

People field tactical terminators because they look cool, not because they're effective.
>>
>>46055765
Agreed assault sounds more worth it. I'm not sure why people want to take the range ones only to shoot with them, the guns are decent and they get one heavy weapon for all those points you could get devs
>>
>>46055412
>40k plasma operates by
Space magic.
If you can create plasma as a weapon, then you could make a better weapon without trying such nonsense.
Particle weapons are were it's at.
>>
>>46055605
You might have better luck on the 40k rpg general, if there is one right now. I felt the same way a few weeks ago. I bought black crusade and had a lot of fun with it, but I think most people recommend only war as a good starter
>>
>>46055900
Thanks for the heads up
>>
>>46055805
The idea is you can do anything with them, shoot then smash, but they end up being overwhelming mediocre at everything.
>>
File: 1439920682990.jpg (77 KB, 650x638) Image search: [Google]
1439920682990.jpg
77 KB, 650x638
D flamers are fucking terrifying jesus christ
>focus on his 3 d flamers wraithguard in wave serpents because "Theyre the best unit in the game probably, so you might want to kill them asap"
>Managed to kill 2 of them before the other one gets in range of my battlewagon
>100 strength d hits on my battlewagons and all the orks inside
>mfw
>>
Whats the deal with Matt Ward?
I'm new to the hobby, and I'm wondering why he's so well liked, and why people say he saved the hobby.

Why's he such a good guy?
>>
File: 1443355777135.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1443355777135.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>46055961
Nice try
>>
>>46055933
It was just as bad when I started out playing the damn game, and it was JUST AP2 flamers. That's right, just flamethrowers that rip people's souls out of their bodies. That's what the fluff was, and still fucking is.

I was absolutely fucking furious when geedubs made them into Strength D flamers. Why the fuck did they go and do that? They were already fucking OP as shit with the ability to fuck up termies, but then they had to give them the ability to VAPORIZE TANKS.
>>
>>46055933
>100 hits
Wat
>>
>>46055930
Agreed thanks for the info
>>
Before this general gets bogged down with fights and complaints about the power creep I have an observation about making 40k more fun. Like most people I started with space marines, a chapter of my own flavor. I loved building and painting my dudes. Then on my first game my friend and I played around 1500. I got reamed so hard it still hurts to this day. My core group usually plays 1500-2500 games, and they always ended the same:
>death star gets all the fire
>rule arguments
>anger/sadness when everything dies before doing anything
>anger half hearted hand shake and contemplation about why you've wasted money on plastic figures.
All these new huge monsters and over powered units were killing our fun. It all capped out when my bro turned 21 and we threw a 14000 point apocalypse game for him. All our friendships came to a breaking point after that, and I all but decided to sell my armies and quit the game.
>>
>>46056062
Cont.
Then a few weeks later my brother asks if I want to play a 500 point game.
>500 is a lame amount of stuff, but why not
Such small forces everything matters. Nothing is powerful enough to wipe entire squads off table. We forge a narrative, we roll Dice and make jokes. The game is done in half the time as normal, and most surprising we both had fun. Last few games I've played have all been less than 900 points. This is the most fun I've ever had with 40k and actually look forward to playing again. I guess my point is that 40k is much more enjoyable when you forge and narrative and play small, rather than trying to amass a huge force and using ass hole tactics to win. I remeber how pitiful my brothers orks were at 2k point games, but when we play his orks are actually good! Fucking orks! I hope my fellow fa/tg/uys have also learned how to have fun with 40k
>>
>>46055490
They can be used although you have to think of them as a scalpel. They require you to think about what you're sending them after, they cannot and should not fight other elites, they should be used to eat an HQ unit that's weaker than them, a backfield unit, or troops. Most people consider them garbage, and while I think they need a small buff, they aren't as bad as everyone rants, especially on this site

tl;Dr you have to be able to think to use them, unlike 90% of tg
>>
>>46056017
>5 guys put a flamer on 20 ork Boyz in a battle wagon
>no escape rule
There was roasted ork for days.
Wonder what that would taste like
>>
>>46055961
Because he made Tau the shootiest army with BS3, Orks the choppiest army with I2 and Russ the best primarch.
>>
>>46056062
>>46056194

TL;DR, playing Apoc is bad.

Wow, thanks for the blog and such an eyeopening revelation that everyone who plays at 1500 and under already knew.
>>
>>46056211
Re-read the rule dude. It's only d6 hits per flamer.
>>
>>46056211
That's not how that rule works....
>>
>>46056230
Matt Ward tried to nerf Tau, is that why we love him?
He should be the one to write the next eldar codex
>>
>>46056211
No escape is D6 per template.
>>
So is it universally agreed upon that the main strength of the dark angels comes from the special (expensive) units? And ravenwing > greenwing >deathwing right?
>>
I was thinking about getting a Tzeentch chaos daemon army and was looking for advice on what to get. I was going to try to get some screamers because the model looks great ,but I'm unsure if they will be an effective unit.
>>
>>46055233
Do you pronounce Saim Hann like "sow-hann" or is it something entirely different from the root name?
>>
>>46056299
>>46056315
>>46056325
God Dammit.
Time for a re-match
>>
>>46056546
ITT
> Niggers trying to pronounce obvious things in edgy ways
>>
>>46056578
>ork player
>knowing rules
This stereotype writes itself off.
>>
>>46056677
Neither of us knew the rule
>>
>>46056677
>40k Player
>knowing rules

/tg/ seems to think 40k games are played with one person
>>
File: IMG_20160126_015613.jpg (100 KB, 566x338) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160126_015613.jpg
100 KB, 566x338
>>46055933
>WAAC player in group want to test new army
>eldars
>ok I bring my SW and decided to try a casual list
>1 rune priest level 2 with tempestas discipline, 3 full squads of grey hunters, 1 rhino, 2 vindicators, 2 dreads with shields and a stormwolf so he have a variety of units to try the eldar units
>he comes with farseer, 2 units of 6 scatter bikes, 2 units of D flamers on transports, 1 unit of dark reapers, 1 unit of war walkers with lances and a crimson hunter
>static line shooting from maximum range, glanced to dead the vindicators and a dread, shooting grey hunters with some ignoring cover dark reapers, and flamered to dead completely two units of hunters, I'm left with one dread that kills the reapers a unit of flamers and their transports and a unit of scatter bikes
>the he proceeds to tell me how I fuck it up with my army and how should I play better.
>also tells me I shouldn't use thunderwolves because that's only for WAAC players
>mfw
>>
>>46056697
The other guy knew, he was just pretending not to know in order to win.
>>
>>46055490
Termies suffer from the fact that they are very expensive and the more you put into them to get something out, the easier and more rewarding it is to counter. They're nice for a deep striking special weapons squad, but their default guns often suck. The stormbolter's real advantage is being able to assault after rapid fire-esque shooting, so the 24 inch range becomes pointless. That they're WS4/S4 base and liable to just get cleaned up by a walker or MC before they can powerfist leaves them as an expensive "all around" option with a glaring weakness to anything actually specialized at either of the things it tries to accomplish.
>>
>>46056719
>trying to teach braindead yiff to git him gud
>get only hatreded from this lowly primate
ok
>>
>>46056644
Sorry I should have asked something else, like have fishposters ever been intelligent?
>>
>>46055930
trying to be good at everything tends not to work so well.
You don't want to be too overly specialized. For example things that are MEQ kills, but only good against MEQs are often not good, but trying to be good at everything tends to overcost you.

Units that are okay at several things can work for line troops, like a tac squad with plasma/melta, or guardian squad with a support weapon, necron warriors, etc, works, but for elites you should be good at a thing.
>>
>>46056546
Sam Han
Nothing else is right
>>
File: bobby hill.jpg (40 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
bobby hill.jpg
40 KB, 500x434
>>46056644
>obvious

shit seemed to be based on gaelic samhain, if that's the case then shit's all kinds of fucked up. are gaelic pronunciations immediately obvious to non-micks? plus even then everybody pronounces words differently based on region
>>
>>46056542
Pink horrors are arguably the best troop choice in the game. Heralds of Tzeentch are some of the best psykers. Screamers are great AV fast attack/objective grabbers/herald body guards. Flamers are only okay but maybe worth summoning for 3 flamers if you need templates. Exalted flamers are actually neat and burning chariots are surprisingly devastating when you can keep them alive.

Fateweaver, daemon princes, and lords of change are all incredibly good choices. You pretty much can't go wrong with any tzeentch unit desu.
>>
>>46056542
Pretty much all Tzeentch units are at least decent and they have the best heralds for supporting bigger things.

That said, you're going to want a lord of change or daemon prince for a warlord for a few reasons or take other daemons from other gods to back them up. Screamers, 2 pink horror boxes and a flaming chariot kit (which includes a free herald of Tzeentch) will set you up with a decent 500 point army able to tackle anything thrown at it.
>>
File: ahahah.jpg (357 KB, 1920x850) Image search: [Google]
ahahah.jpg
357 KB, 1920x850
You agree to fight an Admech player and he proceeds to field 3 titans. However, they are hovering above the game table in midair and the player says this makes them flying units. What do you do?
>>
>>46056790
>>46056833
Why the fuck don't you just pronounce it exactly as it's spelled? SAIM, HAN. S I'M, HAN.

See how hard it is? You niggers would make the same argument for Svirfneblin. When it's pronounced exactly as it's spelled. S-virf-neb-lin. Admittedly that's quite hard to say for a lot of niggers, but don't go and try to tell me or any other person to try and pronounce it as some weird shit like "Sabbles".
>>
>>46056721
My store is super casual, I highly doubt that.
>>
>>46056885
Do a 360 and moonwalk away
>>
>>46056885
Australian knights, more dangerous than your average knight.
>>
What's the chances of someone bitching and moaning that I'm using a Doomsday Ark as a Ghost Ark? Especially in a GW store. I think the Doomsday Ark looks cooler and I want to use the warriors to try to make some Flayed Ones.
>>
>>46056885
First, I ask how they're hovering. That sounds like a neat effect.
Then I inform him that my units are equipped with everything-proof armor that reflects all their attacks back at them. Since he's already completely abandoned the precepts of the rules, he can't exactly tell me otherwise.
>>
>>46056855
>>46056871
Should I get any anti-vehicle units for slightly larger games or are the chariots and psychic powers generally enough?
>>
>>46056907
That is just part of the mad genius of his WAAC strategy. He metas the game to a whole new level, bringing lists that are juuuuust below optimal and pretending to be new, so that his wins seem genuine and unusual. In this way the absolute madman now avoids being completely ostracized by the club, allowing him many future wins. This guy is playing a long game.
>>
>>46056885
>hovering
Report him to my local authorities for clear and obvious tech-heresy.

Sneaky Dark Mechanicus are the worst
>>
Is a Supa-Kannon on a battlewagon good?
>70 pts
>Str9 Ap3 5" blast primary weapon
>reduces transport capacity to 6
>FW
I want to try it out, but I worry about sinking a minimum of 180 points into side armor 12.
>>
>>46057101
Daemons handle AV in very roundabout ways. While burning chariots look nice with D3 lascannon shots, they're pretty fragile and can be tough to safely put shots on valuable targets without forcing yourself to jink the next turn. Misfortune + flickering fires is tried and true, but it requires a lot of WCs and set-up. Plaguebearers with glancing 6s and even daemonettes with rending might end up being an AV unit during the course of a game. Smash is a shit rule so typically any MC you have doing AV is because of iron arm/armorbane/rending etc.

I guess I'm trying to say it's pretty situational and you're best off when you're able to use the AV capabilities of even stuff like skull cannons and phlegm bombardments in combination with psychic powers/lamprey bites from screamers/glancing it to death/just hitting it a lot on rear armor in assault. Daemons are sort of AV by committee that way.
>>
File: 1457585773603.jpg (73 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1457585773603.jpg
73 KB, 720x720
I'm curious about something. I play Space Marines, (Salamanders, if that matters) and I'm wondering what other players are afraid of in a SM army? I don't run Battle Company, and play rather casually, but I feel that my units font inspire dread. Unless I'm Deep Striking in a Command Squad with full flamers against Boyz or Kroot, my opponents don't seem frazzled by whatever I bring.

On the other hand, half the Eldar Codex, Cron Destroyers, and table-filling hordes, among other things, all make me quake and even a half decent strategy fails against them. I know my problem is too many bolters and not enough army balance, I'm just giving my question some background.

TLDR- What in your opponent's list scares you? What in an opposing SM list gives you concern?
>>
>>46057101
Between the screamers and chariot you've got more than enough to wreck pretty much anything.
>>
>>46057260
Everyone has played against Space Marines, its not that they're not concerned, its that they've seen this before and aren't horrified by it
>>
>>46057229
Depends mate, what do you run in the rest of your list? And Is deep striking a big thing in your meta?
>>
>>46057260
>What in an opposing SM list gives you concern?

The player.
>>
>>46055513
Anyone?
>>
>>46057260
Honestly against vanilla marines very little. I play CSM and find that heavy infantry assault armies supported with rhinos and land raiders are normally enough to beat most shooty armies. I will say though I have trouble with the Space Wolves if only because they're just as happy to melee back and have a decent chance of winning those fights when my units lack fearless. Obviously having VOTLW also helps beat up on SM armies.
>>
>>46057229
Whoops this >>46057333 was meant to reply to >>46057189
>>
File: 1449917447204.jpg (609 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1449917447204.jpg
609 KB, 1000x750
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262332033879?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I am selling my warhammer stuff, if anyone's interested. If not, then sorry for posting my shit here.
>>
>>46057260
> Table filling hordes
This amuses me, because nobody quite understands what this means until they go up against Imperial Cults and Militia, running LEVEE HORDES. Because in a typical 3000 point game, the Imperial Cults and Militia doing that will have 1450 models.

They don't care about losing models, As a matter of fact, there's so many goddamn models that they cannot actually fit them in the standard table. They have to put things in reserves, or ask the opponent to bring in a second table. A second table to fit in all of the goddamn conscripts.
>>
>>46057260
drop pods make me worried whenever I'm setting up my army, because never feel like I can set up to not have them come down in a bad spot. Also in objective games them all being scoring tend to give me head aches during my turn.

The main SM army I've faced is Space Wolves and both Thunderwolf Cav and the Dread with the storm shield get me worried.

Aspect Warrior eldar btw.
>>
>>46057260
drop pods and the SM having the first turn
>>
File: 1457671853867.png (133 KB, 315x250) Image search: [Google]
1457671853867.png
133 KB, 315x250
>>46057298
>>46057354

Thank you for the feedback. Playing a common army would have that disadvantage though. Upon reflection, I realize that I don't find Tau all that threatening since I play them all the time, and know what they need to be the most successful, and thus what I need to focus on.
>>
>>46057397
There's some grey knights, some haywire, bikes, barrage. Everyone has some kind of answer. I was thinking of putting min squads of burna meks inside for repairs.
>>
>>46057333
If I'm taking a screamerstar it's usually with fateweaver and a daemon prince and I prefer to keep them on board for psychic purposes. I'm sort of partial towards taking KDK as well because cheap bike squads can pad out any AV problems while providing excellent screens as well. And even the possessed tax can be rather fruitful when you remove an entire speed squadron in an assasult by showering it in S6 hits.

Part of the daemon-AV-by-committee aspect is that you can actually push out enough attacks at high enough damage that most spammable vehicles just get wilted when even a unit of bloodletters makes an assault against them.

Deep striking gets plenty of usage but as far as my own predilections with daemons go, I usually stick to deep striking assault oriented units or some select nurgle troops. A couple bloodletter squads hitting the table can drastically alter your opponents ability to move around since they're usually capable of threatening damn near anything in assault. KDK also benefits from being able to drop a jump lord in with Kor'lath so I get some usage out of that every so often.
>>
>>46057260
> In an opposing Space Marines list
Number of books he slams onto the table. My own tournament list requires 8 sources for all of its models, and that apparently intimidates the shit out of people. I know lots of people have read the 7e space marines book, and the Big Rule Book, but have they read the Badab War Characters Update, the Badab War Chapter Tactics Update, the Deredeo Dreadnought Rules sheet, IA2: Warmachines of the Adeptus Astartes, War Zone Damocles Kauyon, and the Officio Assassinatorium Dataslate?

Space Marines have a truly insane number of additional supplements and sources. And it's easy to count on surprise when your list requires 25 pounds of books and a binder full of documents.
>>
>>46057543
Three repair rolls a turn would do a lot to keep the guns firing, especially behind cover if you can find it. If you have the extra points and want to go nuts you can throw a big mek with KFF the fixer uppers in there two but that's getting to be a hefty investment. Can those fire indirectly? I'm at work so I can't check. I mean they are good but not incredible so if you have other more pressing threats on the table they should be able to get a few shots off.
>>
Does anyone have a source of 3rd party minis for chaos space marines? I'm thinking of starting a noise marine based army, and I want rocking guitars and shit.
>>
>>46057564
Sorry friend I replied to you by accident but since you took the time to write that out I'll at least say that it sounds like you have your bases covered and I'd love to run my orks or csm against it.
>>
File: 1457462720435.png (198 KB, 860x241) Image search: [Google]
1457462720435.png
198 KB, 860x241
>>46057478
>>46057455
>>46057448

Woo, more feedback! Thanks!

I used to face an Ork player that would run max Boyz. Boyz from one end of the deployment zone to the other, front to back. No matter how many templates, pie plates, or rerolls I brought, I couldn't kill enough before I would get swallowed by the horde. Sure, a Chapter Master with Honor Guard could easily beat and sweep a squad, but for every one that fell, 10 more would take its place.

Though he was a cheater. Moving the front Boy 6 inches and then everyone in the back piling up as far as they could gave his huge squads incredible maneuverability. When I first got into the game and didn't have a rulebook, he was my only opponent and tabled me every time, saying Objective-baded gameplay was dumb. He also re-rolled re-rolls from Fleet and Waagh, and took free wargear. I don't play him anymore
>>
>>46057603
Wait, so if I just brought the base codex and the BRB I couldn't play?
>>
>>46057643
yeah saw that, whoops, now the daemonic AV secrets are out

but thanks, I'd hope I do since I genuinely enjoy the daemon codex. Something about it being highly specialized unit types competing with other specialized units makes it pretty fun and results in /near/ everything being competitively useful
>>
>>46057603

Yes, because I play FW Space Marines and know all the FW rules for my faction and people should know assassin rules.
>>
File: shooshoospookydghost.jpg (278 KB, 992x777) Image search: [Google]
shooshoospookydghost.jpg
278 KB, 992x777
>>
>>46057607
Hopefully the Big Mek Stompa draws some fire, but that fat ass is so hard to kill people just play around it. No indirect fire unfortunately. Void shield generator maybe? They'd have to stay back though.
>>
>>46057709
>being this hateful towards orks
>he was just trying to even out the game
laughinggrots.jpg
>>
File: 1430589139491.png (270 KB, 490x347) Image search: [Google]
1430589139491.png
270 KB, 490x347
>>46057603

This is a good point, too. A huge range of models to bring from various sources. I've wanted to bring a Deredeo for a while now, I should take advantage of that range. I do have Bray'arth Ashmantle, I so badly want to throw him against some blob and watch him work.
>>
>>46057768
You can, but you don't get to use the 20 additional Chapter Tactics, the 20 additional characters from the Badab War, or any Contemptor Dreadnoughts, Sicaran Tanks, any of the new Artifacts from the Kauyon source, or the Legacies of Glory upgrades for your vehicles.
>>
>>46057834

Hey man, I love fighting Orks. I just didn't like fighting HIS Orks. If he has asked ahead of time for free Bosspoles and cheaper Nob bikes and explained why, I probably would have agreed to it. But come on now, lying and bring extra points?
>>
File: based bloom deux.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
based bloom deux.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>46056896
Because samhain isn't pronounced anywhere near "sam hane" you fagster, did you even read my post?
>>
>>46057260

Grav Centurions, Quad Mortars, grav bikes, Skyhammer are pretty much the only scary units in C:SM.

Battle Company isn't scary unless it contains the above things. Assault marine and Devastator builds of BC are pretty weak and only win through attrition.
>>
>>46057845
> Heavy Bolter Pintle mount
> Space Sharks Tank
What the hell? Where is this from, and what tank gets a Heavy Bolter pintle?

Also, how is Ashmantle? Do you have any stories of him on the tabletop?
>>
>>46057709
I played green tide until recently, and even just 100 boyz is hard to move without fudging the back rows a half inch or so. I tried not to, and cheating is cheating, but measuring for a half hour isn't fun for anyone.
Cheating rerolls is strictly shifty though.
>>
>>46057768

The opponent has to provide the rules for shit he's bringing.

If you want to use extra shit and don't bring extra rules, then no, you can't.
>>
>>46056833
It's based on Samhain, the same as Biel Tan is based on Beltaine, but I'd suggest just pronouncing them as they're spelt in English.
>>
>>46057984
I do pronounce it "sam hahn" because that's how I've heard it from people who play the army IRL, my point was that this guy was wrong for implying that it's immediately obvious.

If you're a new player who sees these Eldar factions and hasn't heard anyone speak their names, it's a reasonable question as to whether or not they're supposed to be pronounced the same as the words they're inspired by.
>>
>>46056719
Suggest to him that in order to learn new tactics, you should each play one game with your own armies, then play one game again with eachothers.
>>
>>46057447
>CSM
No wonder you're selling it
>>
>>46057814
>SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST
>>
File: image.png (103 KB, 276x234) Image search: [Google]
image.png
103 KB, 276x234
>>46056885
>>46057169
Guys, chill. 1/3 of every planet in the Imperium is space Australia.
>yfw the STC for warp powered computers is found
>the Imperium finds a new way to stay connected
>all of those space Aussies
>>
File: earthshaker.jpg (458 KB, 1359x897) Image search: [Google]
earthshaker.jpg
458 KB, 1359x897
I play 40k on Vassal with a friend.
I'm a newbie to 40k but it feels like you can easily be wiped out by big guns.
I was playing space wolves while my friend was playing Imperial Guard he pulled out two Basilisks with their earthshaker cannons which feel seriously fucking powerful.
It is hard to penetrate the armour on the chimera tanks and the Lehman Russ exterminator.
My troops I don't think can even penetrate the the armoured sentinels

Are you meant to memorise everything about the enemies codec and try use troops that counter? I have only started and we have a 1000 point limit but it feels like the difference between our units is huge.
>>
File: ragefrogs.png (212 KB, 459x460) Image search: [Google]
ragefrogs.png
212 KB, 459x460
>>46057814
SPOOKY D GHOST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46058177
rhinos, drop pods, meltaguns
>>
>>46058220
Why Rhinos? I have razorbacks since I thought they were better than Rhinos, I have the overwhelming firepower from the The Ironwolves Formation so I stuck on all the weapons and Wargear options for the Razorbacks.
>>
File: 1409978516523.jpg (7 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1409978516523.jpg
7 KB, 252x252
>Get outbidded on 30 grots
>tfw I push the bidding up to retail price of 30 grots on sprue + posting + 10% more

Enjoy your 'bargain' grots
>>
>>46058177
Armies can have general counters, like some form of deep striking anti-armour. Eg Drop pod Sternguard with combi meltas, teleporting chaos termis with combi meltas, Crisis suits with fusion blasters, tankbustas in a transport rushing up field as quick as they can, imp guard vets with meltaguns + chimera/vendetta etc.

So that no matter what army you face, you can feel like you can handle their tanks to some degree without you specifically tailoring to take out Basilisks.
>>
>>46058305
10 man squads 2 meltas + combi melta, cant fit in a razorback.

drop pods are what you really need tho
>>
>>46057814
>>
>>46058177
>Are you meant to memorise everything about the enemies codec and try use troops that counter? I have only started and we have a 1000 point limit but it feels like the difference between our units is huge.

Sort of. You don't have to memorize everything in the game verbatim, but once you actually know what you're doing after plenty of games you'll have basic stuff memorized like the statlines of everybody's main troops, the scariest units in a given faction, etc. Your army doesn't exist in a vacuum so you need to know what you're facing in order to know what your own army does.

Generally people make "take all comers" lists so that they can show up and have a reasonable chance against any list in theory (40k would have to be balanced for this to truly work, but I'm not going to go off on a jaded tangent), so look into how to make such a list. Generally you will want your list to be able to deal with armor, fliers, monstrous creatures, and infantry, and have enough stuff to survive til the end of the game. That could mean take melta to blow up tanks, take plasma to kill MCs, etc. Of course some people make specialized lists that may ignore these things in order to be specialized/abuse some gimmick, and the strength of the specialization makes up for their weaknesses in other areas.
>>
File: anakin.jpg (52 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
anakin.jpg
52 KB, 500x329
>>46057814
>>46058156
>>46058184
>>46058447
>mfw best board on 4chan
>>
>>46058393
I feel like I fucked up, unless it my Land Raider nearly everything else fails to penetrate everything else and every turn my land raider is targeted by those Basilisks.
I should have got meltas, I didn't really know what was good anti vehicle and what was good anti-infantry weapons to be honest.

>>46058464
That makes sense, I will probably learn as time goes by how what units are best for what and what weapons deal the best sort of damage.
I have a Helfrost cannon which I found surprisingly powerful.
>>
>>46058177

You will memorize most of the units in time. Veteran players know all common/powerful units just from seeing them all the time.
>>
>>46056262
God forbid someone talks about their 40k experiences in a 40k general. Why the fuck do you even post here?
>>
>>46057814
AWAKEN MY MASTERS
>>
>>46058528
Because they're jaded oldfags looking for somewhere to cry?
>>
>>46057814
SHOO SHOO, SPOOKY D GHOST
>>
So what about Asmodai should change?
>>
>>46057966

I understand your frustration, and what you're taking about is okay. I'm talking about moving a spaced out squad into base to base to ready for an assault, with the Boys in back moving 10-12 inches.
>>
>>46058516
yeah melta is the best anti vehicle

plasma is the best anti infantry probably, unless its hordes of shit then its flamers
>>
>>46058722
Just another question. I feel like the chance of getting a successful damage with the twin linked lascannons is really low.

I have a 2 attacks + twinlinked with strength 9 and to hit of 3+.
The armour of the enemy is 14.

How do I work out the chance of being successful?
>>
>>46057140
No one at my store likes elves though, space or not, so they might be onto him
>>
File: Text_90c165_5848781.jpg (61 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
Text_90c165_5848781.jpg
61 KB, 601x500
>>46057814
> SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST
FUCK OFFFFFFFFF ELDAAR D GHOSTS GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46058769
I assume it is a rolling a 5+ to beat armour 14?
>>
>>46058769
>>46058823
Math hammer leads to bad things mang
>>
>>46057814
>shoo shoo spooky d ghost
stop trying to kill my battlewagons
>>
>>46058220
>my troops can't penetrate armored vehicles
???
>>
>>46058769
#shots*chance to hit*chance to cause dmg*chance of failing save
>>
>>46058651
A fair few more attacks and maybe ap5 on his weapon. Other than that I think he's okay.
>>
>>46058769
lascannons really aren't the best way to deal with land raiders, they're best for popping AV12 and worse. a drop pod full of melta dudes as mentioned before is a popular way to delete high AV vehicles
>>
>>46058769
i dunno i dont mathhammer shit 2bh

twin-linked lascannons arent that good, if you have them on a land raider or whatever they are pretty much just an afterthought, think of LRs as transports for your nastiest unit, and the lascannons as just a bonus. they arent reliable anti tank, you can shoot rhinos with them but thats about all id trust them to do
>>
>>46055584
Because Lion is gay and The Fallen were the true loyalists.
>>
>>46058855
2 meltaguns + combi melta will
>>
>>46058769
Here you go.

http://www.mathhammer40k.com/shooting/armor
>>
File: 1458141896555[1].png (592 KB, 739x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458141896555[1].png
592 KB, 739x1024
I can't seem to find pictures of the Castellan Crowe form - does anyone here have any ? I'm considering getting the mini and converting it into a Dark Angels Company Master and I'm curious how easy the iconography could be removed from the pauldrons and replaced with DA heraldy.
>>
>>46058945
0.3% chance of even damaging the tanks on the front.
Fuck, I guess I should try to get to the sides or rear.
>>
I notice Vorax are smaller than 40k Mechanicus Robots... Are they too small to proxy as 'em? I have no intention of plating Heresy.
>>
File: I am absolutely amazed.jpg (310 KB, 1113x780) Image search: [Google]
I am absolutely amazed.jpg
310 KB, 1113x780
So I put an order in with Tabletop Terrors, since the nearest hobby store that stocks 40k is five goddamn miles away and I don't have a car right now.

This is what I got in return. Well played, well played.
>>
>>46057814
SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST
>>
>>46059043
whats in the landraider?

you should just be able to push it straight at the tanks until you can charge them with whatevers in it.
>>
>>46059071
Kek
>>
>>46059043
that website still uses 6th edition rules which means that percentages now are actually worse since vehicles are more durable via the damage chart, at least for explodes. but yeah, a single TL lascannon aint much for AT, you need plenty of redundancy and volume of shots. that's why people tend to take units that can spam a certain weapon like melta vets
>>
>>46059043
???
That's almost 10% chance to one shot with 0,6 hp damage on average. It's 30% chance to remove at least 1 hp.
>>
>>46058885
I wish he had an aura like Ezekial, what it would affect I'm not sure.
>>
>>46059216
Fun.
>>
I'm relatively new to the game and have a rules question. If I want to give my Chaos Terminator Champion a chainfist does it cost 12pts as it suggests for Chaos Terminators or is it 15pts from the Terminator gear list. Basically I'm confused as to whether a Champion still counts as a normal Treminator for gear or if he counts as something else.
>>
>>46059068

Pushing it a bit, but I wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>46059322
15, technically

he's got a separate stat line and the unit entry specifically mentions he takes gear from the wargear list.
>>
>>46059406
Alrighty. Thanks!
>>
>>46059322
The latter is correct, he must take upgrades from the list on page 90. Unit entries that specify "x can take x" are very specific and only mean the normal guys can take the upgrades on their page, while the sarg has to take more expensive gear.

It's retarded, but dassit mane.
>>
>>46059286
Chaplains don't have fun.
>>
>>46059468
I'm sure they at least enjoy their job.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 720x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 720x801
Hey /tg/. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading genestealer cult perspective fiction? Black Library only published one short story from the cult perspective and I can't find much on the internet. So I'm probably going to write my own (no it's not gonna be porn), so any advice on genestealer cults specifically would be appreciated.
>>
>>46059569
I'd read the shit out of a Shadow Over Innsmouth style genestealer story, I've wanted to do such a themed genestealer cult army ever since I saw the new deathwatch game come out.
>>
File: Someone say Space Hulk.jpg (130 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Someone say Space Hulk.jpg
130 KB, 600x900
>>46059569
>I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading genestealer cult perspective fiction?
>so any advice on genestealer cults specifically would be appreciated.
Think that creepy family that acts too friendly and really wants you to come inside their house.
>>
Librarian onna bike, with grav-bikes: Force Axe, Sword or Staff?
>>
>>46059785

Lance. Lets you strike at initiative 8 on the turn you charge.
>>
>>46059785
Axe if you're not rolling on biomancy, staff if you are.
>>
>>46059785
Axe or Staff. Concussive on the Grav guns means you'll strike at the same time, which can be good for taking out heavier targets. Staff means you can instead maintain the Concussive effect throughout the entire combat.
>>
Want to get into 40K but want to get a different army to my friends for diversity's sake. Which armies are good but aren't Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Chaos Space Marines and Gray Knights?
>>
>>46059868
Can't find stats for a Force lance, only Power lances?

>>46059877
>>46059905
Axe it is, I /think/ I'm going to go for Telepathy and it'll be a darn sight easier than modelling a staff.
>>
>>46059926
Its Grey, as in Grey.
>>
Tyranid codex when? :[
>>
>>46059926
>choosing an army based on whats good and what your friends are playing
pretty bad way to start friend
if you are intent on going down this path you can't go wrong with regular space marines though
>>
>>46059926
muhreens or guard
>>
>>46059957
gray?
>>
>>46059926
Dark Eldar
>>
>>46059468
Well, after the general nerf of SW's characters, Ulrik is one of the only two named character that will ever be used in any kind of SW game, and he's a chaplain (technically a SW exclusive chaplain/apothecary hybrid, but a chaplain anyway)
>>
>>46059944
Additional question: was intending to put a combi-grav on him for a total of 2 combi gravs and 2 grav guns in the unit.

Basically: is it worth sacrificing the attack? I've not played with bikes much and I'm relatively new.
>>
>>46059944
>Can't find stats for a Force lance, only Power lances?

Really? That sucks.

Lancing down a monster on your bike is an ace mental image. Well, not really because bikes look fucking ridiculous in a millitary context, but if it was a Jetbike...
>>
>>46059926
Imperial knights.
Nah, probably the guard or renegades.
>>
>>46060052
I'd be able to do it as well, I've got a metal Jetbike Autarch that I never assembled when I was a teen, so filing off the gems and doing a hand swap to the libby wouldn't have been a big job.
>>
>>46060045
You probably have enough grav already that 3 extra shots won't help much, keep the extra attack so you can land that 1HKO more reliably in melee.
>>
>>46057260
As a Grey Knight player I'm scared of a few things. From the main SM codex: Grav Centurions (HUGELY), regular terminators, honor guard/assault terminators in a landraider and devastators with tons of grav. Multiple cheap land speeders can be pretty annoying too. Also really killy HQ's with burning blade and 2+ save is super scary. From Dark Angels, plasma bikers are a real pain too.

Basically units of 2+ saves or grav/plas weapons along with heavily armored vehicles are a real pain for grey knights. Dreadknights that really deal with these well. Killing armored HQ's stuck in an honor guard are scary too. A squad like this will outclass anything we have minus draigo and some paladins. Anything 3+ doesn't worry me really.
>>
>>46057814
>>
>>46060146
Thanks, also makes the WYSIWYG easier, which is a blessing.
>>
>>46059642
>>46059715
Yeah, Innsmouth is my go-to inspiration. But what bugs me about that story is Lovecraft's racism. The Deep Ones never did anything obviously objectionable, but they are painted as monsters for being different. For all we know they wanted to invite the protagonist out to potluck and blather on about "the word of our savior Great Cthulhu." If you examine more closely, a genestealer cult's basic tenants are identical to most sects of Christianity (get married, have lots of kids, respect your elders, convert others, await the apocalypse). Imagine: take Big Love or any ABC Family show and then make the cast into cultists.

Is that workable?
>>
>>46060236
Smells like heresy in here.
>>
>>46060236
The music of Erich Zann is my go to for lovecraft, and its more the fear of the other, the unknownable, and a resentment of understanding. Sounds like the inquisition to me.
>>
>>46059958
Tomorrow.

Source: My ass.
>>
>>46060457
Com Truise in the Edge of my Ass
>>
>>46060236
They're monster's for what they do to others, they're also there to be scary.

Anon why.
>>
File: jetpaint6.jpg (43 KB, 500x472) Image search: [Google]
jetpaint6.jpg
43 KB, 500x472
Anti-grav raven wing company. What models can I use to do an entire army conversion?
Wheels are for losers
>>
>>46060236
>the Deep Ones never did anything objectionable

They formed a secret cult, organized human sacrifices, invaded the town when the people refused and forced them to sacrifice humans at claw-point. Then there's all the forced intermarriage and rape going on as well.
>>
Just out of curiousity, have we seen this yet? https://warhammerart.com/
>>
>>46060236
>Deep1sDinDoNuffin

How many orc babies have you killed lately, racist?
>>
>>46060895
The model you just posted a picture of. Enjoy, for your wallet will not.

Also if you are going pure Ravenwing then recognize you will need about 25 of those bad boys.
>>
File: Lost_Patrol.jpg (70 KB, 677x677) Image search: [Google]
Lost_Patrol.jpg
70 KB, 677x677
Guys, we're lost in this jungle, does anyone know the way out?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (166 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
166 KB, 1200x1600
*VOMITS IN MOUTH*
>>
>>46060988

What is this? BA and Nids? That sounds familiar....
>>
>>46061026
DUDE
>>
>>46061034
nah its the blood RAVENS thats totally different
>>
>>46061026
>Not wanting a Dank Rhino for your Nurgle CSM army
Why is there medicine on the worshipers of the god of diseases' rhino?
>>
>>46057814
>>
>>46061034
it sounds familiar because lost patrol isn't a new game
>>
>>46061034
Rerelease of the 2000 game of scouts vs genestealers.

I'm keen
>>
>>46057814
SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST
>>
File: yyyy.jpg (17 KB, 118x161) Image search: [Google]
yyyy.jpg
17 KB, 118x161
>>46061026
true chaos
>>
File: ntMW9w7.jpg (306 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ntMW9w7.jpg
306 KB, 1600x1200
What's the worst item you've ever seen on eBay /tg/?
>>
>>46060904
According to a local drunk and social pariah. Hardly an unbiased source.
>>
File: $700 looted wagon.jpg (371 KB, 1162x1600) Image search: [Google]
$700 looted wagon.jpg
371 KB, 1162x1600
>>46061184
>>
>>46061184
not even round bases
>>
>>46061034
>>46061115
It's this old game.

The Blood Angels scouts have been there for so long (released in 2000 so 16 years) that they lost their mohawks and got new armour.
>>
>>46060895
Maxmini.Eu/Gothic-jetbike-miniature

This might work
>>
>>46061220
That's actually really good. I don-
>$700
o-oh...
>>
File: Retro_patrol.jpg (3 MB, 2049x2046) Image search: [Google]
Retro_patrol.jpg
3 MB, 2049x2046
>>46061228
Picture did not load
>>
>>46061220
>All that
>White paper mask

Why?
>>
>>46061267
>ages 8+
I'm not sure /tg/ qualifyies
>>
File: Starting Orks in 7e.jpg (161 KB, 292x1600) Image search: [Google]
Starting Orks in 7e.jpg
161 KB, 292x1600
>>46061220
>looted wagon
>>
File: 1330410027958.jpg (216 KB, 771x800) Image search: [Google]
1330410027958.jpg
216 KB, 771x800
What do you guys use to transport your minis? Is Battlefoam worth the price? How are the GW brand boxes? Any other recommendations?
>>
>>46061342
Egg Cartons
>>
>>46061342
>Is Battlefoam worth the price
short answer:yes
long answer:dont ask questions fucker, just do it
>>
File: Army Case.jpg (494 KB, 1772x1076) Image search: [Google]
Army Case.jpg
494 KB, 1772x1076
>>46061342
I love my Battlefoam. It is a small cube but holds ~2300pts atm and I still have room for 20 TacMarine size models.
>>
What do you think about the white scars?
>>
>>46061404
I'm fond of them. It's nice that they have gotten more attention from GW.
>>
>>46061190
He's the only source for the entire story. If you're going to question that then everything is questionable.
>>
>>46061441
info anon pls
>>
>>46061481
The Tau update. The Scars and the Rave Guard were in it.
>>
>>46061404
That they are cool but are often compared to a single company of Dark Angels.
It is a quantity over quality argument but Scars have everything in Codex Astartes which is always good.
After I finish my remaining RW I will pick up two more Lib bikers for a White Scars conclave.
>>
>>46061184
>pro painted

Literally every fucking figure/army on eBay is pro painted. And apparently that means with the brush shoved directly into the prolapsed anus.
>>
>>46059984
Both have abhumans, but abhumans are at least optional in a Guard army.
>>
>>46061310
haha, /tg/'s not that bad. Only the Warhammer Fantasy and Age of Sigmar flame wars are annoying.

/v/ in my opinion would fit the under 8+ due to their being more shitposting instead of discussing video games.
>>
>>46061551
>discussing video games
thats why they are underage
>>
File: pp1.png (400 KB, 958x462) Image search: [Google]
pp1.png
400 KB, 958x462
>>46061538
gonna just start posting some that are currently up for auction
>>
>>46061459
How about listening to the other side of the story? http://www.tor.com/2014/05/14/the-litany-of-earth-ruthanna-emrys/
>>
File: pp1.png (672 KB, 1251x574) Image search: [Google]
pp1.png
672 KB, 1251x574
>>46061592
>>
>>46061623
P R O
R
O
>>
File: pp1.png (583 KB, 1136x543) Image search: [Google]
pp1.png
583 KB, 1136x543
>>46061623
I mean fuck me...I hope it's just an inside eBay seller joke...I hope.
>>
>>46061623
CRAAAAAWLINGGG
>>
>>46061667
it is
>>
File: pp1.png (637 KB, 972x581) Image search: [Google]
pp1.png
637 KB, 972x581
>>46061667
>>
>>46061541
>hur dur muh forced meme
>he didn't even mention anything about humans or abhumans

Now you're not even pretending to be retarded.
>>
File: 1458139102251.jpg (416 KB, 1791x796) Image search: [Google]
1458139102251.jpg
416 KB, 1791x796
>>46061712
>>46061667
>>46061623
>>46061592
My only response
>>
File: yuyuy.jpg (71 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
yuyuy.jpg
71 KB, 960x540
give a name to my regiment
>>
>>46061742
Space Kebab Removers.
>>
DESTROY THE WARP SPIDERS
WARP SPIDEEERS
>>
>>46061220
>>46061258

A knight and a battlewagon is not $700.
>>
>>46061766
That'd be why the guy selling it for thatis a cockbag. Read the image filename.
>>
>>46061766
It is once assembled, painted and based.

That is a good looking model for the most part. Some of the color choices are shit.

I hate that face s bad.
>>
>>46057260

Chapter Master Smashfucker. I'm a Guard player, I've shot my entire force at him and his command squad and he hasn't died.
>>
>>46061220
>>46061766
>>46061798
Even if they did want to charge more for conversion work and painting, that'd still be $200 or maybe $300 tops.

As you said, it's a decent looking conversion, but the paint job isn't outstanding, and the face is garbage. It's not a $700 dollar model.
>>
File: 1458166824656.png (279 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
1458166824656.png
279 KB, 800x700
Got this from the drawthread.
>>
>>46061184

This >>46057472
>>
>>46061859
>actual prehensile tails
there would be bolt shells a flyin immediately
also
>lego legends
>>
>>46061859
>furry shit
i have cancer now
>>
>>46061726
Is calling Space Marines mutant/abhuman really a meme? It just seems like an obvious observation.

You keep saying it's retarded, but I think maybe your internal marinefag keeps you from accepting reality.
>>
>>46061538
>still thinking "pro" is something that means "great"
>>
>>46061184

This is blasphemy against the Emperor, to make a mockery of the holy Golden Throne

>>46061592

>that misshapen freehand chapter symbol

>>46061623

This is actually decent tabletop standard, but not "pro-painted" by any means

>>46061667

>models aren't even all fully primed
>pro-painted

Can you report this on eBay for lying about what's being sold?

>>46061712

Once again, tabletop acceptable, but the freehand is mediocre(for the record, mine isn't too hot either). Not a pro job.
>>
Hey /whg/
I had a thought just now
What the hell is going on with all the other planets in the Sol system?

We get Mars and Terra are the seats power in the Imperium
But what are Venus, Mercury, the Gas Giants and what not like?
I'd imagine that during the Dark Age of Tech that they would have been colonized.
Thoughts?
>>
>>46061998
I'll bite.

Space Marines are not base human- yes.

Personally I'd call Space Marines transhuman, as their divergence from base humanity is down to gene therapies and other treatments they each individually undergo.

I think it's worthwhile differentiating them from mutant / abhuman, especially in-setting, where mutant tends to cover chaos induced changes during an individual's lifetime as well as mutation by more normal means.
Abhuman tends to mean species or populations divergent from humanity by some process of evolution.

We can compromise and say that due to the Canis Helix present in Fenrisians, Space Wolves are both abhuman and transhuman?
>>
>>46062108
Dockyards of Jupiter is in the HH books, for one.
>>
>>46062141
Really? That's cool
Jupiters always been my favorite planet. I once thought of making a home brew chapter that lived on a floating city on it. Cloud City style.
>>
>>46062187
I'm not sure many Marine chapters hang around in Sol, let alone recruit from there.

Still, there'd probably be plenty of other Gas Giants with space stations to base them on.
>>
>>46060904
That's just their culture, don't be racist now.
>>
Can someone explain to me how so many bolters failed to do damage?
>>
>>46062108

Mercury likely has a large population since it's in the same system as Holy Terra.

Venus is a death world by 40k standards, though it probably has mines and other resource extraction systems. There would likely have been a project in the distant past to help pacify the atmosphere so it doesn't corrode, overheat and poison everything that goes down to the surface.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune would all have major gas mining corporations and AdMech facilities harvesting chemicals from them for various uses.

Gas Giant moons would definitely be populated. Jupiter's moon Io is volcanic(likely good natural resources), while Europa is an ice world with mostly frozen oceans(possible secret underwater base? horrors contained deep within? water used to help give it a livable climate to grow lumber and animal products?). Saturn's moon Titan is canonically an Inquisition stronghold that is host to the Grey Knights fortress-monastery. Most of the other gas giant moons, as well as the inner and outer asteroid belts, are just rocks in space, but would likely have various military installations and mines.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.