[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rated M for Manly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: yup.png (1 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
yup.png
1 MB, 1920x1040
What is Rated M for Manly?
Rated M for Manly is a card RPG that gives the feel of the over the top 80's action movies that we know and love. Over the top action, explosions and manly pecks... and the puns, oh the puns.

So I ended up helping with starting this ages ago and continued working on it, and now I'm currently looking into quotes on prices.

There are around 210 cards and a revised rule set with the update.

Here is the old wiki
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Rated_M_For_Manly

Right now I'm working on the card design and whatnot, but i want to gauge everyone's interest and answer any questions that people have.
>>
The system is very simple. It uses at most 2d6.
Hero's (the players) choose a badass name and job. Normal rolls are 1d6 vs defender, but if a players job covers the skill they get to roll 2d6.

for instance if a player is a cop and he needs to roll to shoot a target they get 2d6, whereas if they had to roll to pilot a ship they would only have 1 die.
>>
>Gameplay
In Rated M for Manly a group of badasses square off against the Villain.
One player takes on the role of the director and acts as the gm to the game and the players are the badass heroes. The heroes try to make it to the end of the movie while doing over the top awesome shit. The heroes can earn awesome points which are a currency that they can use to do over the top action.
>>
>pecks
>hero's
You guys need a copy editor
>>
>>46048178
>>
File: Laughing Cats.png (216 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Cats.png
216 KB, 393x391
>>46051078
This

Also, OP, we can't say anything when you give us no detail about what you want to do. Many of us remember making Rated M back in the day, but if you are trying to do something with it and turn it into a real game you need to give us something. Card design, actual rules, something.
>>
>>46048178
More like Rated M for Misogynistic

What a disgusting, sexist, patriarchal, stereotypical bigoted idea.
>>
>>46061554
I know it's beautiful
>>
>>46061554
You what now?
Pic related is one of the best "Manly" character you can find!
>>
>>46051078
Luckily the game itself has better grammar than I do. I also did this while I was tired so I do apologize.

>>46057767
That's fair. I'm still new to this so I'm learning as I go. I can toss up the rules and card list in a bit.

>>46061554
Just a title mate, when a pc makes a badass it can be an awesome female protagonist like >>46062716.

Currently I'm trying to get pricing for the game to be produced and once that's done I plan on contacting game shops to see if they want to carry it. The plan so far is roughly 1500 units for the first run. Once I get the estimate I plan on setting up a kickstarter and the money earned will go right back into production.
>>
File: MfM.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
MfM.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Here are the basic rules for M for manly
>>
This reminds me of that a video game with a similar concept.

I think it's called "bro force" or something.
>>
>>46062716
>Pic related is one of the best "Manly" character you can find!
Truly! she has lady-balls of solid steel!

TELL ME I AM WRONG! I DARE YOU
>>
>>46061554
Nice bait, tumblr.
>>
>>46069048
>jokes don't exist
>everything is trolling
I feel bad for you
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.