[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Black Legion considered the chaos Ultramarines? Duo you like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Black_Legionnaire.jpg (179 KB, 471x716) Image search: [Google]
Black_Legionnaire.jpg
179 KB, 471x716
Are Black Legion considered the chaos Ultramarines? Duo you like them Anon? Personally I love the color scheme and the fact that they're undivided.
>>
I always thought it was Word Bearers being the Ultramarines' equal.

That's mostly because I grew up playing Chaos Gate though.
>>
I think the failbaddon fluff gives them a bad rep
>>
>>46028252
They are an interesting faction. I like how they have their own inner cults since they're technically undivided, but don't split into seperate warbands. They just need to be fleshed out, as of right now, they're just stock chaos guys.
>>
>>46028394
they're alright when separated from him

Araghast the pillager is a decent example.
>>
>>46028252

I think they're the default mainly because of the color scheme, honestly. It's what people expect for CSM. And they're undivided so they can be shown with any units or daemons.
>>
>>46028291

The Word Bearers are the Ultramarines' rivals but the Black Legion is their equivalent.
>>
>>46028252
only in the sense that the Ultras(+successors) and the Black Legion are respectively the biggest and - theoretically at least - best-trained and most organized representatives of their respective faction. In terms of fluff darlings though the Iron Warriors get more attention and are less often made to look bad.
>>
>>46028394
>>46028436
What Failabaddon fluff.

You guys still on that meme that has no basis in the fluff? Come on now.
>>
>>46028431
Yeah, I love how they have their own special cults within their legion, each devoted specifically to one of the big 4. Technically they can field berzerkers and noise marines-lite in the same cohesive fighting force.
>>
>>46029156

They're also the designated posterboys.
>>
>>46029170
Well, they were, until the Crimson Slaughter showed up.
>>
>>46029297
Crimson Slaughter are the poster boys for renegades, not legion CSM.
>>
>>46028252
Love them, but I haven't read any recent chaos fluff so they're untainted in my eyes.
>>
BLACK LEGION RULES!
>>
>>46029157
Well, meme or not, Abaddon is one of the blandest character in 40k.

There is nothing to him except being the designated bad guy and the meme.

All the other legions have far more memorable and likable characters as their main guy.
>>
>>46030747
Kharne = Psycho who murders, betrays people.
Fabius Bile = Evil psycho fucked up doctor
Lucius = Evil psycho fucked up duellist who is also immortal
Ahirman = Magic dude who fucks up with knowledge fetish
Huron Blackheart = Thieving dickhead gypsy
Typhus = Brings plagues, is chosen of nurgle, has parasites
Abaddon = Power hungry megalomaniac arrogant cunt

Lets be real, the Chaos special characters have utterly no personality and are just facets of their marks; as it should be.
>>
>>46031442
Huron doesn't really deserve to be in that list. He's somewhat interesting.
>>
>>46028291
Yes, it's Ultramarine and Word Bearers as they have the red vs blue look and are arch-rivals and good vs evil.

Black Legion do have the default selling/ advert legion with the Ultramarines though.

Now that I think of that, Space Marines are sort of divided into primary colours in a coloured for your convenience sort of way.

-Red-Blood Angels/ Word Bearers
-Blue-Ultramrines/ Thousand Sons
-Green-Salamanders/ Death Guard
-Yellow-Imperial Fists/ Iron Warriors (sort of as they have some yellow on them).

etc.
>>
>>46031467
Yeah, thanks to FW.
>>
File: Sip.png (23 KB, 103x112) Image search: [Google]
Sip.png
23 KB, 103x112
>>46028252
>Are Black Legion considered the chaos Ultramarines?

I alwasy thought it was funny, that even though the Black Legion are/were supposed to be the "chaos poster boys", when you actualy compare them to the Ultramarines they are complite opposites.

I mean the Ultramarines have been on a constant winning streak for the past few years, thanks to Ward's fanfictions he calls his fluff, while the Black Legion has been.....well....on a constant fail streak, when you consider the fruitfulness of the last 13 black crusades.
>>
>>46031751
eh, badab war was a curiosity even before huron got a model from GW. (At the time) loyalists having a big war with each other is neat.

Him coming back all fucked up with shitty bionics was similarly neat.
>>
>>46031780
It's still kind of hilarious how the 5th edition codex's cover is pretty much everything you just said in a single picture
>>
>>46031639
The rivalries work that way as well.
Ultras v Word Bearers
>Red vs Blue
Fists vs Warriors
>Yellow-Black vs Black-Yellow
Wolves vs Sons
>Grey-Yellow vs Blue-Yellow
Dangels vs Fallen
>Green-Grey vs Black-Grey
Bangels vs Eaters
>Red-Black vs Red-Bronze
>>
File: 1325028016908.jpg (159 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1325028016908.jpg
159 KB, 666x666
>>46031915
This picture still rustles my jimmies in so many ways

>a fucking bolter round going all the way through the both sides of his breast plate AND his torso AND his backpack

>clearly a long war veteran charging on the enemy position like a fucking idiot

>the chaos guy still has ammo in his magazine and yet he's still charging like a fucking idiot

God fucking dammit why
>>
>>46030747
No,

You just the hate the guy for no reason. Like anon pointed out, you can take that logic with any Chaos character.

If you want to get ti know the guy, try reading some of his fluff in the books or novels. Start with the Talon of Horus.
>>
>>46031989
Blood angels have more a rivalry with the Black legion than world eaters
>>
>>46031780
The new Black Legion supplement needs to do more to drive home the idea that each successive crusade had a set of subgoals that were accomplished while Abaddon sacrificed legions of other CSM to do so.
>>
>>46032025
>go full chaos
>surprised when your troops act like retards
What's best about that image is the Ultramarine clearly knew he'd only need a single round to put down that traitor. No stream of shells, just one.
>>
>>46032041
I'd say World Eaters have a rivalry with BA,while Dark Angels with Black Legion
>>
>>46032106
>Dark Angels
>No having the biggest rivalry with the Dark Angels
Wot
>>
>>46031780
>>46032074

>Black Legion has been.....well....on a constant fail streak, when you consider the fruitfulness of the last 13 black crusades

Old and new fluff, the Black Cruade were never failures.

>The new Black Legion supplement needs to do more to drive home

You cannot force people to sit down and read the fluff.
>>
>>46028252
Ultramarines are a chapter that once was a Legion.
Black Legion is an collection of allied chaos warbands.
>>
>>46032272
Black Legion is a legion of "allied" Chaos warbands and actual legionnaires.
>>
>>46032106
Not after their primary died
>>
File: THIS FILE DOESNT EXIST.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
THIS FILE DOESNT EXIST.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>46032130
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.