[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CraterQuest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13
File: 1455916156103.jpg (46 KB, 505x478) Image search: [Google]
1455916156103.jpg
46 KB, 505x478
You are a young man, the son of a cobbler skilled in making magic shoes, living in a small mountain town in the middle of a small island, part of a relatively small kingdom comprised of other islands in a small archipelago known as the serpents ring. You have never left your home island before, even though your childhood friends have all become adventurers (a common job around these parts) because all you have ever wanted was to take over the family business, crafting enchanted boots of speed to sell to the local adventuring guild. Sadly, you lack any talent for your fathers trade. In fact, you lack any talent in anything at all, resulting in your childhood nickname being the sultan of suck. The only skill you could claim to have would be the ability to cast a few minor cantrips that you learned from a book when you were a child. Your father has decided to finally involve you in the family business, and has trusted you with delivering a crate of high quality enchanted footwear to the main island. You are traveling along the the main road out of your village, leading a horse and small wagon when you encounter a hooded woman in the middle of the road.
"your money or your life, choose one" she yells.
What do you do?
>>
>>46024099
"I don't really have any money. You can take the shoes, but I'm not sure how liquid an asset they are, you might have trouble fencing them. That leaves...the horse? You want my horse?"
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 663x579) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 663x579
this has to be the stupidest quest yet.
>>
The thief rides away into the woods with all of your money. Congratulations asshole, you just lost a couple thousand gold worth of enchanted items. I don't think your father is going to be pleased. I mean, you could try and find some adventurers to try and take back your stuff, but you have no money... What do you do? Wait on the side of the road for someone to pass by? Go after her? Return to your father a miserable failure?
>>
File: image.gif (184 KB, 500x733) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
184 KB, 500x733
please stop
>>
>>46024488
>kill yourself
>>
Jesus, why do you hate this so much? I'm open to feedback beyond "kill yourself".
>>
File: image.gif (833 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
833 KB, 500x254
>>46024488
Commit self murder
>>
>>46024488
suicide
>>
Follow the theif
>>
>>46024801
Nah suicide seems like that answer, let's do that.
>>
>>46024720
Your asking people to play a character that might actually be more of a loser than themselves in a shit generic setting. You should just give the people what they want and end this fuckers miserable existence now.
>>
Nah, I think following the theif will work. It's a incredibly small kingdom, who the fucks she going to sell it to who won't know their stolen? If she does find somebody, they'll have to take if off the island.
>>
>>46024801
And ask her to kill you
>>
well op, the group consensus is we commit sepiku.
>>
File: 1453682098116.jpg (219 KB, 1273x1024) Image search: [Google]
1453682098116.jpg
219 KB, 1273x1024
>>46024488
Rough crowd, op. Your formatting is bad and you failed to format neatly. You can format untidily if you're running a draw quest and that's about it.

Maybe you're building to something but this is a quest and not a novel. Hit the audience in the first post with something really unique.

Writing style could use actual personality rather than generic abusive/intoxicated ass hole narrator.

That's my critique.
>>
>>46024903
>that cat
Every time
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
well op where's the suicide?
>>
You decide that if you end trying to find the shoes you are going to be murdered, and you would rather die than face your father. You sit, and cry. You will never be married, you will never have children, it has to end here. Filled with determination for the first time in your life, you walk for hours until you reach the shoreline. After tucking your pants into your boots, you slowly begin filling them with rocks. "well, I always knew it would end this way" you think to yourself as you step into the ocean. You are finally at peace as you reach deep water and begin to sink, at least until your lungs begin to fill with water. You try to scream at the top of your lungs "help, help I don't want to die!!" but only water rushes in. Thoughts are replaced with blind panic as you lose consciousness for the last time.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 500x500
what an awful quest, why'd we die?
>>
>>46025126
Everything ended up better then expected!
Thanks for the merciful end, OP.
>>
It isn't until months later that your body is found, and it isn't in very good shape. It's bloated and riddled with bite marks, so an open casket ceremony is out of the question. Your ashes are kept in an small wooden box on you fathers desk. Years pass, your father dies (from magic cancer) and his workplace is abandoned and falls into disrepair. Year later, a couple of thieves break in to try and loot the place, when you feel yourself awaken as a spirit, a spirit of vengeance and despair.
Do you:
>possess one of the burglars
>use your ghost powers to scare them away
>collapse the building using your ghost powers
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 430x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 430x468
>>46025444
Commit ghost suicide
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>46024629
>Mfw I was talking about OP and not his dumb character
>>
>>46025444
Posses a burglar
Then kill yourself again
>>
File: image.png (415 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
image.png
415 KB, 420x420
>>46025553
Actually this seems to be a much more appropriate answer
>>
You are filled with blind rage, as you seek to end yourself once more. You possess one of the burglars, you feel his mind crumble before your mindless urge to destroy yourself once and for all. The other thief gasps as her partner draws his knife and begins stabbing himself over and over all the while screaming about shoes. She stands for a few moments before leaving you to your fate. Sadly, all you have accomplished is that now you have another specter haunting the same building. What do you do?
>seek out the village cleric to pass on to the other side?
>Absorb the the other spirit to become a super double ghost?
or something else?
>>
File: image.jpg (579 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
579 KB, 1200x1500
Stop existing
>>
You attempt to fade away into the ether. It doesn't work.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 430x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 430x294
continue to do so anyway
>>
Your continue to try and cease existing through force of will for a few weeks, without success. It isn't until a the attractive lady thief returns, with a rather shady looking cleric. He puts out a cigarette as he enters the building. "tell me, why the hell are you having me come to this podunk village for a single ghost?"
The thief looks troubled as she says "I don't normally care what happens to other people, but... I feel like i'm kind of responsible for both of em. I may have caused that kid to kill himself, and it he killed my partner out of revenge..."
The cleric laughs "well, I don't care why or how it happened, I'm here to burn purge some fucking ghosts." The spirit of the man you caused to kill himself is the first to go, consumed by holy light. The cleric turns towards your spirit, still attempting to stop existing despite that clearly not being how ghosts work. You feel a burning sensation and then... finally. you are gone.
>>
File: 1452825993826.jpg (29 KB, 627x627) Image search: [Google]
1452825993826.jpg
29 KB, 627x627
but seriously, kill yourself you faggot>>46026216
>>
Jesus, you people are not receptive to quest threads. I was actually interested to see where this was going. Enjoy your WH40K threads, I guess.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.