[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SOI Spoilers Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1457974238622.jpg (106 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
1457974238622.jpg
106 KB, 600x706
I don't care what the card is or what it does, but I want a card that depicts Sorin and Nahiri in a sword fight. Preferably one of those stereotypical "sword locked, face to face, grit teeth" sort of poses. Bonus points if either something in the background is exploding or some angels are murdering something or getting murdered.
>>
That would mean that someone had a case of being in another person's way.
>>
>>46019886
Sorin comes down with a sudden and fatal case of being-in-the-way-of-a-millennia-old-waifu.
>>
>>46019854
She really needs a costume switch at some point. I love the utilitarian look but I think we all get the Stoneforge Mystic homage already, time to see Nahiri wearing something else.
>>
I love her outfit. I hope she kills more angels. Fuck angelfags.
>>
>>46020010
well now that she's one of the bigger Evils in the multivere she'll change up to "insane genocidal bitch outfit"
>>
>>46020010
Preferably nothing at all
>>
>>46020069
If she survives the block.

Also, I get the feeling that she isn't genuinely evil but just a spiteful bitch that embodies the worst parts of red, after... whatever Sorin did to her.
>>
>>46020107
she has set a an entire Plane to Crash, with NO SURVIVORS

there are VERY FEW acts that are more evil than what she has set into motion.

Nicol Bolas at least had a point to his destruction, he wanted something tangent.
>>
>>46020107
They're probably gonna reveal she was right all along and just misunderstood while Sorin and the angels were the big evil triggering white cishet shitlords.

But I like to imagine Sorin will kill her. I don't know if I want him to rape the body or not, on one hand it would be degrading, but also it means my husbando would have touched skankwhore bitchtits and I'd have to kill him.
>>
>>46020133
So did Sorin, after Nissa fucked everything up he just left Zendikar to its fate. For whatever reason, she blames what happened to Zendikar on him and is doing the same to his plane.

In D&D terms, it's a chaotic neutral action. You're going to devastate my homeland? Fuck you then, I'm going to release/summon a terrifying horror/eldrazi to devastate yours, eye for an eye.

What she's doing isn't good or sane but she isn't purposefully mindraping angels and committing genocide. She's indirectly responsible for it, since the 'real' villain that she's unleashed is probably the one behind it.

Although she'll probably end up as a part of the Gatecrashers or whatever the anti-Gatewatch will be called.
>>
>>46020215

I don't think Sorin is stronger than her, he seems to believe she's stronger than him, himself since he fully expected her to Kill Ugin.
>>
>>46020245
>Gatecrashers

Ob Nixilis, Nahiri, Garruk, Tezzeret and Nicol Bolas, calling it now.
>>
>>46020245
she literally mindraped Avacyn herself, anon, told her to kill fucking everyone.
>>
>>46020245
Sorin should've killed Nissa and raped the body the second she even thought of breaking the Eye. The Sorin I fell in love with would do that. Fuck you Sorin it's your fault Sorin's gonna die now.
>>
>>46020278
> Garruk Wildspeaker wants pants too!
>>
File: 1455207207141.gif (914 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
1455207207141.gif
914 KB, 200x113
>>46020278
>OB Nix and Nicol B's face having to work with these chuckle fucks.
>>
>>46020287
Where's the evidence that it was specifically Nahiri doing it herself? Images of hedrons could indicate that it was Emrakul instead or something.

If Nahiri is responsible for directly mindfucking Sorin's daughter-figure into ruining his plane, then yeah, she's just proven herself to be monstrously evil. Doesn't fit her though.
>>
>>46020245
Sorin left because he couldn't do anything without Ugin or Nahiri.

Sorin was the least important to the Zendikar Prison Plot and least powerful in it.

he had no way of re-imprisoning them or doing anything important so he went to look for Ugin.
>>
>>46020364
its the Cryptoliths that did it, and Nahiri controls them.

Emrakul doesn't mind-fuck people, anon, that is Kozi.

besides Avacyn was re-written down the very basics, not mindcontrolled, she was utterly mentally re-wrote.
>>
>>46020278
>Bolas
>on a team
If the Gatewatch are the Avengers then Bolas is fucking Thanos.
>>
>>46020317

you

i like you
>>
>>46020364
Emrakul has no connection to Hedrons or ability to use them.

the only thing they share is that Emrakul was once imprisoned by them.
>>
>>46020422
And Thanos manipulates chucklefucks like Loki into doing his job for him.
>>
>>46020422
Bolas works with many beings, even if he views them as peons.

he would probably view Nahiri and Ob-Nix as equals though.
>>
File: a.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>46020436
>>
>>46020465
them getting this bonus is entirely incidental, Eldrazi know how to suck mana and Hedron's have alot of Mana.

it isn't using the Hedrons for anything more than a Soda.
>>
Isn't Ob Nixilis the biggest chuckle fuck in the multiverse? I thought releasing Kozilek for shits and giggles was pretty dumb, but taking planeswalkers to a cave just to torture them like some James Bond villain is really something else.
>>
>>46020418
I'm still of the opinion that Nahiri's the secondary troublemaker. The sudden surge of cults, of Lovecraftian influences and other things, it can't just be because of Nahiri. Whether she did it willingly or unknowingly, her actions have to have somehow led to the return of some ancient horror.

The angels going full Boros can be explained by Nahiri. The cults and the latent Horror tribal cannot.
>>
>>46020510
>The angels going full Boros can be explained by Nahiri. The cults and the latent Horror tribal cannot.
The cultists are using the liths made by Nahiri for their rituals.
>>
>>46020510
there are literally Cryptoliths lined up out on the fucking Ocean, which Nahiri created.

she's just that good anon.

>>46020509

he KNEW full well that it was corny and cartoonish but he realized "they wanted a villian" so he gave it to them.

read the UR, he basically did it because they tasked him, he knew it was rather stupid.
>>
>>46020540
It still seems too straight-forward and doesn't fit with the investigative noir theme they've set up. It can't be as simple as Nahiri being responsible for everything.

She's probably thrown a spanner in the works the same way that Ob Nixilis did but like him, she's not the primary villain. That's my bet.
>>
>>46020509
>taking planeswalkers to a cave just to torture them
It's the only way Ob Noxious can get laid?
>>
>>46020215
Put your trip back on Chandere
>>
>>46020632
I dunno, he's real smooth, respectful and badass.

he probably gets all the demon hunnies.
>>
>>46020553
>>46020540
Just so you know, just because the cryptoliths are made of stone it doesn't mean that she's directly responsible for them.
>>
>>46020820
she's directly creating them on a fucking card, idiot.
>>
File: MARIT LAGE YOU GUYS!.png (2 MB, 1000x1421) Image search: [Google]
MARIT LAGE YOU GUYS!.png
2 MB, 1000x1421
>>
File: WarpedLandscape.jpg (63 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
WarpedLandscape.jpg
63 KB, 223x311
>>46020820
really?
>>
>>46020834
Point out the card?

I've been playing pretty close attention to this spoiler season and I haven't seen it so far.
>>
>>46020858
That's Nahiri standing in a location with cryptoliths, perhaps manipulating cryptoliths. Nothing there indicates she's making them there and then.
>>
>>46020898
okay, your trolling, thats fine.

just say so next time, jeez.
>>
>>46020898
Yeah you're right, and Phyrexians are indading in the next set.
>>
>>46020267
>since he fully expected her to Kill Ugin.
I must have missed that. or was it in one of the SOI ones?
>>
>>46020898
>Cryptolith, lithomancy

nah, couldn't be the Lithomancer.
>>
>>46020911
>>46020923
Really, nothing there shows she's creating anything. Manipulating or using something that already exists, yes - but not directly creating.

Not to mention there's the crack in the ground with the tentacles emerging. Are you going to claim that she's creating those as well or are you going to accept that there's probably an evil that she's either awakening or summoning on Innistrad?
>>
>>46020952
was in Khans.

he feared that she had got to ugin first, and that he was next.
>>
File: 1455409691857.png (109 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1455409691857.png
109 KB, 625x626
>>46020972
>>
>>46020972
she created them, she is the only one who can use Lithomancy at that level

you are completely delusional.
>>
File: 4f9.jpg (117 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
4f9.jpg
117 KB, 492x492
GUYS WHAT

WHAT IF

WHAT IF NAHIRI *IS* EMRAKUL
>>
>>46020982
I thought that part was about her telling Ugin-sempai he had been naughty
>>
File: 1452031406640.gif (1 MB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
1452031406640.gif
1 MB, 300x236
>>46020972
How fucking dense are you?
>>
>>46020317
>everytime he planeswalks, all of the spark bearing inhabitants hear a feint "che che che ah ah ah"

>>46020245
Whatever it takes for Sorin to blow the fuck out of the elf that started all this but hasn't so much gotten a wrist slap for it.
>>
>>46021022
What if Emrakul torn her eons?
>>
>>46021044
can Garruk do the walking thing? ya know where he walks and never runs but always catches up, or gets ahead of his prey?

that shit is so cash.
>>
>>46021067
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>46021008
>>46021006
Neither of you countered the argument regarding the tentacles and that's still the key point I'm making - that Nahiri isn't the primary antagonist of the setting and that there's something else.

I might be wrong and Nahiri might have made the cryptoliths (even though there's nothing there to indicate that she did or that she's the only one capable of it, that's headcanon you've made up based on one image) but Nahiri has no established connection to the tentacles displayed in >>46020857 or the mutations present in the card art of Incorrigible Youths. There has to be something else at work on Innistrad that is responsible for those.
>>
>>46021104
Nahiri is the only master Lithomancer planeswalker.

thus she is the only one who can make CryptoLITHS.
>>
>>46020360
Anybody else thing they're going to replace Liliana with Ob Nixilis? Her story is just about done and she's quite frankly boring. Meanwhile Ob Nixilis actively enjoys challenging the Gatebabies and is wildly entertaining as a villain.
>>
>>46021044
>sorin slapping nissa's shit
>implying
nissa will end up ruling and doing literally no wrong because somehow the fucking patriarchy is at fault.
check your privilege shitlord, and don't forget to pay thousands of dollars into the next set where the eldrazi die yet again to jace and his merry band of fuckwits, now with even less plot!
>>
>>46021044
>Sorin joins the Gatewatch
>First thing he does is bitch slap Nissa for fucking everything up in the first place
>>
>>46020456
>eldar dragon ever viewing anyone as an equal; let alone bolas

>>46019854
>She's a harbinger now
>no "assuming direct control" memes anywhere
step it up senpai

>>46021073
If that one scene in the Duels of the Planeswalkers is any indication he may as well
>>
>>46021155
Lily was never a villian, just a Femme-fatale bitch.

more a shitty person than evil.
>>
>>46021179
He probably chases someone through the woods by just smashing through the trees by walking into them, finally becoming the bigass trample creature he always wanted to be.
>>
File: stf88_conscription.jpg (58 KB, 600x651) Image search: [Google]
stf88_conscription.jpg
58 KB, 600x651
>>46021104
Let me simplify it for you:
>Nahiri is piss at Sorin because Eldrazi
>Nahiri recks Sorin's house
>Nahiri lures Emrakul to Innistrad
>Innistrad is the homeplane of Sorin
>Nahiri is so powerful that she can make fuse flesh and stone
>She can certanly make weird stone figures to lure Emrakul with mana
>Avacyn and Innistrad madness is a side effect of Emrakul, which was retconned to have effects on the mind
>>
>>46021179
he would in the case of someone like Nahiri.
>>
>>46021155
Her story isn't "almost over", it's at the halfway point. Two down, two to go.

>>46021179
>eldar dragon
This isn't 40k, anon
>>
>>46021233
>eldar dragon
>This isn't 40k, anon

right now i am trying to hate you to death you fucking faggot, you are too god damn stupid to live.
>>
File: jim carrey laughing.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
jim carrey laughing.gif
407 KB, 250x250
I can't wait for Eldritch Moon where Lili comes in to save the day killing the angels and whatever other Eldritch shit before tipping her fedora about how people don't need angels to protect them or some stupid shit
>>
>>46021233

Nissa and Gideon were released about half way through Garruk/Ajani's story, I'm not saying it's going to happen soon, but I fully expect Ob Nixilis to become the face for Black
>>
>>46021266
*tips stolen angel tiara* M'Lili
>>
>>46021157
>>46021174
>After learning Ermakool had infiltrated Nahiris dreams driving her to madness, feeding her lies so she would ease its transition into the world in an effort to subvert what had happened to its kin (a herald or harbinger if you will) Sorin snaps and goes full Deus Vult on the elves, Nissa walking in horrified that the master race of many worlds have been slaughtered
You don't unleash 3 timeless interplanar evils, promote the elven reich, and by proxy kill off a mans homeworld, force him to kill his daughter to preserve that world, and cause his waifu to go mad and be the harbinger of one such evils and get off scot free... unless your a woman being written by WotC
>>
>>46021140
Or maybe they weren't made by a lithomancer planeswalker but by another force entirely. Yes, she is talented at making that sort of thing but that doesn't mean that she's the only one creature capable of making magical stones in the entire universe.

In addition, lith means stone. That's just all it means. Nahiri is a stone mage and there are crypto-stones on Innistrad. Nahiri isn't responsible for all stones that ever were and shall be.

Also, you still haven't refuted the biological mutations and anomalies in SoI that Nahiri has no domain over. That's still my main argument. I couldn't care less if Nahiri made the stones or not but there's still probably some other antagonistic force lurking on Innistrad.
>>
>>46021266
she'd only do that if there was something to gain, LIliana never does anything to help anyone unless she benefits.

her selfishness is so great and the guilt of it is so big she has created her own boogeyman in her mind to represent it, "The Raven Man" a figment she can somewhat blame all her bad mistakes on.
>>
File: PW_ObNixilis_preloader.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
PW_ObNixilis_preloader.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1120
>>46021283
I mean, just look at how happy this motherfucker is.
>>
>>46020672
B-but all demons are male...
Are you saying Ob is gay?
>>
>>46021307
yes.. a force Nahiri is bringing TOO Innistrad, using the stones.

that she created.

because she's the villian.
>>
>>46021224
See posts like these:
>>46020287
>>46020418
>>46020540
>>46020553
They're refusing to acknowledge that anyone other than Nahiri could be involved or could be the antagonist at all. That's what I'm arguing against here.
>>
>>46021214
>walks into tree
>tree explodes in mass of splinters thanks to black and green magics
>splinters hover as if in zero G as he pushes through them, his scowl eternal, his purple eyes piercing even from his helmet amid the darkness of the canopy
>You turn around to focus on running again, you've hit him with every spell you could think of. This man... creature, is a force of nature
>You round the bend out of breath
>He stands there; your echoing screams silenced as his axe descends
>It is a mediocre hunt
>>
>>46021264
Jesus anon, he made a pun about your typo. Chill the fuck out.

EldAr =\= EldEr.
>>
>>46021345
Nahiri is the Harbinger for something else, she's bringing a big beatstick to fuck shit up.

no one is making Nahiri do this.

the only one powerful enough in the multiverse to fuck with her head is Nicol Bolas.
>>
>>46021224
see
>>46020418
>>
>>46021344
But she isn't the sole villain.

Which was my point all along, that some other antagonist is likely involved. That there's shit happening on Innistrad that she isn't fully responsible for.

I wasn't claiming that she wasn't a villain, I was claiming that there's some other nasty shit out there that she doesn't have full control over. That's all I was saying all of this time.

So if you're going to come out and agree that there's likely going to be another major antagonist in the SoI block, can we stop this stupid shit-flinging contest now?
>>
File: 1425370073546.jpg (82 KB, 555x526) Image search: [Google]
1425370073546.jpg
82 KB, 555x526
You know Sorin looks guilty in a few of these artworks, and he certainly seemed guilty of something when Ugin asked where Nahiri was.

Maybe he did something pretty bad. Not enough to justify his plane getting completely rekt, but something.
>>
>>46020982
He thought she killed Ugin because he was coffined in a massive hedron. Not "OMG Ugin is ded, it can only have been Nahiri!"

I bet she'll turn out weaker than the elder dragons, Ob Nixilis and Sorin now that she's not an oldwalker and isn't in her home plane.
>>
>>46021387
Yeah, she's indirectly responsible for all of the carnage and madness caused by whatever she's summoning or awakening and she isn't being controlled by it. I agree with everything in that post.
>>
All plans lead to Bolas. Whatever is happening Bolas is either orchestrating, or letting happen. The entire plot of MTG for the last 7 years has been Bolas' plan.
>>
>>46021408
no, he thought this when he was in the timeline where Ugin died.

and he literally thought "omg Ugin ded, it can only be Nahiri"

and everything points to her being far stronger than Sorin.

>>46021402
yes but whatever it is isn't a thinking villian like she is, its Emrakul or some other big thing.
>>
>>46021345
you DENSE motherfucker
Nahiri is CLEARLY making them
Look at >>46020858
She is RAISING HER ARMS. The Cryptoliths are pointing towards HER. In the art where she's fucking Markov Manor, she is RAISING HER ARMS. Even her planeswalker card hints at that, since her ult involves finding and revealing a card, almost like she's summoning a creature. The cryptoliths are summoning something as well.
>>
>>46021407
Two options:
>We don't know everything and something happened between the end of Stirring from Slumber (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stirring-slumber-2015-05-13) and the Zendikar Block, where Sorin did something fucking awful to Nahiri.
>Nahiri's just buttmad over Sorin failing to protect Zendikar and has gone all vindictive, vengeful psychobitch over it.

If it's the latter, I won't be surprised but I hope it's not.
>>
File: cardart_HavenoftheSpiritDragon.jpg (122 KB, 700x450) Image search: [Google]
cardart_HavenoftheSpiritDragon.jpg
122 KB, 700x450
>>46020952
>Sorin's hand went to the hilt of his sword. Lithomancy on Tarkir? Had Nahiri traveled here before him and bested the dragon? The oracle's visions had not warned him of any of this.

Source: Sorin's Restoration
>>
>>46021283
If anything, Sorin would replace Liliana as the face of black. I'm reasonably certain he's more popular than Lili is, they've been sticking him into a lot of plotlines ever since.

Obby is great, but he's more "charismatic recurring villain" than the face of black.
>>
File: deebly goncerned.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
deebly goncerned.png
98 KB, 600x500
>>46021407
I don't see anything that Sorin could do to her person that would make her go full purge and kill. it has to be something on a large scale
>>
>>46021436
I'd say its pretty direct when you reach out and mind-fuck the protector of the plane and tell her to "Dig through the bitches and burn down the witches, and slam in the back that Dragula"

also Nahiri has become this song, in essence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQuihD0hoI
>>
>>46021499
I think it'd be neat if they confront Nahiri about Avacyn and she goes "..Avacyn? All I did was fuck up your house"

And then fucking Slivers explode out of the moon or something.
>>
>>46021478
I wasn't even talking about cryptoliths being made or not being made in that post. You're obsessing over that point a bit much and we've moved on.

Nahiri is unlikely to be the only villain of the block. That's the primary statement I'm making. No need to go all-caps on me.
>>
>>46021402
I think the core of the argument came from your initial wording: Nahiri is pretty definitely the "primary antagonist." She may not be the ultimate threat, however. She's pretty clearly intentionally creating or manipulating the cryptoliths (and we can likely assume she's making them, since it would have been weid to not mention the mana-perverting stones all around Innistrad the first time we came) to fuck shit up.

If I make a machine that enrages and summons bears, I'm the villain, not the bears. Whatever dark entity is coming is her weapon, not the villain.

Yes,
>>
>>46021505
Sorin is so Tsundere White-Black it HURTS.

he's firmly multicolored.

Ob is "BLack the Planeswalker" where as Lili is more specalized.

>>46021506
Sorin seemd to really love her, and he's a very fucking Sentimental and "mushy" kinda of fucker on the inside.

I doubt he did anything on purpose.
>>
>>46021478
>>46021387

This
People STILL haven't grasped that she's the silver surfer to WotC's self proclaimed Galactus's yet.
>>
>>46021080
Nahiri has, with Emrakul. It was pretty hot.
>>
>>46021345
Let me ask you something, when did you started caring/reading the lore? A few months? Follow up question; How old are you? And finally, did you enjoyed OGW ending?
That being said, expecting something clever from wizards is pointless.
>>
>>46021526
She's directly responsible for fucking with Avacyn (if she's the one behind it and something else isn't) but that wasn't the point in that post. The point was that whatever this other mystery antagonist is doing, she's not fully responsible for it.
>>46021453
I'm fully expecting another breed of 'beyond your mortal comprehension' eldritch horror, whether it's Emrakul or something native to Innistrad.
>>
>>46021569
more like she's playing a Inter-planar game of Pokemon and is about to let out Emrakul-chan and cast "fuck this place".
>>
>>46021306
>implying
nissa will rule everything as the elven masterqace Xhe warchief, killing all the CIS scum and allowing her minions of the WOTC kill any semblance of fun this game had, and you cockgobblers will continue licking the cunt of this mad shitpit, and you will like it.
>>
>>46021563
>I doubt he did anything on purpose.
>this whole thing is just a lovers spat
>>
>>46019854
Sorin would get fukken REKT in a sword fight with Nahiri. And this is coming from someone whos fav planeswalker is Sorin
>>
>>46021635
fuck off nahiri
>>
>>46021325
He looks like he just shit himself while in the middle of making a big dramatic speech and is trying to look cool and pretend that you can't fucking smell it from here.
>>
>>46021506
Read Stirred from Slumber. It's the only real piece of writing about Nahiri we have, even if it's from centures before the Mending.

>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stirring-slumber-2015-05-13
>>
>>46021635
that's pretty obvious enough, since Sorin has basically spent who knows how long avoiding her.

and I guess she's just now found his home plane (he was very hestitant to tell Ugin about it so its safe to say he tells no one)

so the jig is up and now Sorin has to do something.
>>
>>46021500
Because the evidence pointed to her, not because she's the only one in the whole multiverse who could have killed Ugin.
>>
>>46021611
>She summons Phyrexians, Marit Leige, and A-Mackerel to Innistrad then giggles like a cunt flipping the double bird as she walks away
Shouldn't have been late to that date Sorin. This is your fault.
>>
>>46019854
>fuck me eyes
>sex hair

kor don't fuck around
>>
>>46021687
its the fact he fully accepts and knows she could do it.
>>
>>46021453
The only mention of Nahiri in that story is that "she left and her silence disturbed him" if you're trying to pin the whole "before it's too late" shtick on her then you're stretching.
>>
>>46021437
Oh god, I can see it.
>Bolas tricks people into freeing the Eldrazi
>Somehow "Just as planned" his way into bringing back Ugin to tell the superfriends enough to kill the Eldrazi, but late enough to pressure them into killing them
>Innistrad's moon is an Eldrazi egg. Killing an Eldrazi causes a new one to be born to replace it, and he wants to use the power released when it hatches like he did with Alara's conflux.
>>
>>46021712
don't forget the big fat kor tats
>>
>>46021505
>>46021563

They both are different aspects of black, like how Garruk was the Beast side of Green and Nissa is the Ramp/Support side.

Liliana has always been focused around the graveyard aspect of black, Ob Nixilis is clearly centered around destruction which to be honest was what Black always needed in a Planeswalker. Every single one of his abilities kills, whether he's killing you or the opponent. It's straightforward and doesn't require specific deck types like most Liliana cards have.
>>
>>46021402
>Emrakul pops in
>Nahiri goes oh shit I may have goofed
>Sorin goes YOU THINK?!
>and then they team up
>>
So Sorin is pretty much confirmed for WB again right?
>>
>>46021712
Eyeliner on point, too.
And rather impressive muscle definition, actually.
>>
>>46021556
I'd argue that her main intention is to conjure up something that will potentially destroy Innistrad forever and revel in the chaos leading to the plane's demise, as a final 'fuck you' to Sorin.

Just like Nissa let a snarling pitbull off its lead at a family get-together and was shocked when it started mauling her nephew, Nahiri's doing the exact same thing. Except she's smirking smugly instead of being shocked, out of some petty desire for 'revenge.'
>>
>>46021781
I don't think that is going to happen, anon.

she looks like she's doing this with a fucking purpose.
>>
>>46021786
Well the spell that was pretty much all about him spoiled today was WB, so yes
>>
>>46021786
Totes magotes.
>>
File: sigarda.jpg (355 KB, 700x987) Image search: [Google]
sigarda.jpg
355 KB, 700x987
Reminder that Sigarda was the only angel who actually cares about mankind's wellbeing
>>
>>46021801
she's doing it because she's FUCKING PISSED but I don't know if her conviction will hold in the face of the one thing she's dedicated her extremely long life to fighting
>>
I just want Ajani to sit down with Sorin, pat him on the back, and tell him it'll be ok...
>>
>>46021812
>>46021826

Damn, there go my dreams that he was gonna BR vamps-relevant...
>>
>>46021874
Tibalt will he RB in the next set, don't worry about it
>>
>>46021890
He aint a vamp, anon
>>
File: 1455841445811.jpg (24 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1455841445811.jpg
24 KB, 401x372
>Nahiri laid a gentle hand on the wall of the chamber and it melted away as she opened a pathway through the Blind Eternities. The walls of the chamber became bleak cliffs in a desolate mountain range. She took a deep breath of unfamiliar air and stepped into this other plane, eager to find her oldest friend.
Jesus Christ Nahiri, how do you go from that to ruining poor Sorin's life?
>>
>>46021874
Sorin is so not red its pathetic.

>>46021829
she's the only angel with Hexproof, thats it.
>>
>>46021829
I wonder what makes her so special that she's not corrupted as well.
>>
>>46021874
It's alright, you still got Olivia to look forward to.

This prolly ain't gonna happen but maybe by some weird chance Sorin turns Mardu colors because he gets mad. Weirder shit happened like with Sarkhan.
>>
>>46021916
i'll give you a hint.

it was a key-word on her card.
>>
>>46021931
I'd hope that they could have a more complex idea than just directly translating a mechanic.
>>
>>46021913
>>46021918

I could actually see Sorin turning red at some point. He seemslike he's got potential as a Byronic antihero. Much less of a leap than Sarkhan somehow becoming blue.
>>
>>46021916
Rhymes with flexgroof
>>
>>46021918
Sorin isn't mad, he's sad
>one daughteru trying to destroy his entire plane
>had to kill his other daughteru
>vampires are still assholes
>goddammit
>my feet hurt
>can they not
>>
>>46020096
>/aco/
>>
>>46021916
G/W which is the most community minded color pair and hexproof
>>
>>46021971
he time-traveled and is now an inherent time paradox and apparently that does weird things with magic, hence blue
>>
>>46020364
Nahiri IS Sorin's daughter-figure.
Avacyn is his faithful guard dog.
>>
soooo

are we just gonna ignore the fact that Tamiyo is on the full art of Anguished Unmaking?
>>
>>46022018
Yes
>>
>>46021912
You've never interacted with a woman, have you?
>>
>>46022018
still irrelevant, probably a satellite to jace
>>
>>46020509
It wasn't really in his original plan but he got really pissed off and even though he's normally pragmatic, he thought he was in a safe enough position to indulge in some pettiness.
>>
Is it safe to say that Olivia will most likely be in the second set of the block as the Madness "Lord"
>>
>>46020245

Gee, I wonder why Nahiri could be mad at Sorin...

> The very specific 3-planeswalker lock that keeps the Eldrazi asleep gets broken. Something which ws set up that way specifically because its virtually impossible to break on accident, you have to know the conditions under which it will be unsealed to trigger it. Panic alarms be full ringing
> Sorin shows up, travels to the Eye of Ugin which is the final failsafe
> Soon after his arrival, the Eye of Ugin is destroyed and the Sorin planeswalks away

Nahiri is right that the release of the Eldrazi was intentional and no accident, and Sorin looks a hell of a lot like he is holding the smoking gun because his fingerprints all all over the scene and he is one of the only two other people in the multiverse who knew how to break the seal. A number which drops to one if she knows that Ugin is dead.

She doesn't know that Nicol Bolas ripped the info from Ugin's mind before killing him, and then staged this whole thing. She doesn't know that Nissa is the one that broke the Eye of Ugin. She just knows that she has been betrayed by someone and Sorin looks incredibly fucking guilty.

I'm willing to bet that the reason that she wasn't on Zendikar during the fight was because she was already on Innistrad crafting cryptoliths like a motherfucker, racing against time. She can't stop the Eldrazi by herself, and she can't fight them by force, but if she could just lead them away...

Save her plane AND get revenge on the asshole she blames for unleashing them, all at once.

If this isn't what Wizards is going for, they dropped the ball.
>>
File: 1399156751304.gif (188 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1399156751304.gif
188 KB, 500x333
>>46021976
I swear this set has too many feels going on. I just got hit by the Alabaster Angel one earlier and I'm still recovering.
>>
>>46021971
That fucker is as dead faced and emotionless as it gets. He didn't give a fuck (ie he didn't rage) when the Eldrazi where let loose and since then all he did was be sad sorin, when he found Ugin dead and now with killing his artificial angel doorman.

IF you want to argue for a third color for sorin then Blue is the only one I think, he is pretty cold and calculating
>>
>>46022018
that card is probably representing the endpoint of the set's plot, with Jace unraveling the mystery with Sorin and finding Tamiyo, then Avacyn is like SUP BITCHES and Sorin's like aw man

then Tamiyo is in the next set because it's got Moon in the freaking name
>>
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/gaze-blank-and-pitiless-2016-03-09

>Everything in front of her doubled. The trees, the mother and child, each blade of grass. Doubled, and then doubled again. A pounding ache ran through her head and she dropped to the ground, crumpled in pain. A field of white flashed through her eyes, followed by an image of many floating stone obelisks with intricate runes carved into their sides, moving in concert with each other...and then a normal scene resumed in front of her. Avacyn whipped her gaze around to identify the source of the attack. Few vampires had ever been powerful enough to launch such an assault. A demon lord, perhaps...
> an image of many floating stone obelisks with intricate runes carved into their sides
>floating stone obelisks with intricate runes carved

if you haven't figured it out yet, they are talking about hedrons
>>
>>46022070
HER PLANE IS ALREADY SAVED THOUGH

I mean, relatively

also Nissa is probably going to show up and tell the real story and Nahiri will be like well shit now we need to deal with Emracool then bake Sorin a "Sorry For Almost Destroying Your Home Plane" cake
>>
>>46022070
And Nissa will still make out like a bandit
Christ I hate that fucking elf
>>
>>46022128
>Hey grrlfriend sorry I released the eldrazi, but I blew up half our plane to kill them so it's kools rit? ;D
>lol ya!
>>
>>46019854
More spoilers tomorrow?
>>
File: snake....had a hard life.jpg (22 KB, 475x267) Image search: [Google]
snake....had a hard life.jpg
22 KB, 475x267
>>46022072
>Isobel remains faithful even when avacyn's gone
>forced to fight the people she once protected
>that clip wings art
She's going to be redeemed, right? There has to be some happiness in Isobel's life
>>
>heavy spirit theme
>my secret theory is that kamigawa spirits are eldrazi remnants separated from the titans, exposed to colored mana over a long time
>emrakul's behind it all
>tamiyo on the plane

WHO HERE HYPE FOR RETURN TO KAMIGAWA?
>>
>>46021976
>I wish I was on the Innistrad I once loved doing blood-jello shots out of Olivia's belly button
>None of these people can even into moral pragmatism
>My feet hurt
>I'm tired
>>
So if Nahiri and Sorin are supposed to be God Tier in comparison to the Oathy bunch then how come their cards are never like that? They should basically almost be up there with Karn and Ugin right?
>>
>>46022180
It's not even Nahiri's plane, she said "yeah this looks alright"
>>
Someone post the Isobel progression chart plox
>>
>>46022127
They're cryptoliths. Similar to, but not the same as, hedrons. Get over it.
>>
>>46022180

>Hey Sorin, sorry I indirectly forced you to murder your daughter! What? Oh, yes, I don't have any blood diseases. Why?
>>
>>46022211
yeah, just like the heavy spirit theme and presence of Tamiyo in the last Innistrad block led into Return to Kamigawa
>>
File: shhh only dreams now.png (289 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
shhh only dreams now.png
289 KB, 650x650
>>46022079
So Avacyn gets exiled in the conclusion to SOI and Innistrad is safe from the Inquisition... for now.

What happens in EMN? Does Tamiyo's moon knowledge save the day and she gets really popular and is allowed into the Gatewatch and becomes the face of blue instead of Jace?
>>
>>46022129
>"Look, green the plane is growing back I'm sure it will be back to normal in no time!"
>Nahiri scans the environment; the green is in a 5 foot radius circle.
>Chalky bone texture and bismuth laden wastes surround the area by miles.
>"Aaaaaaaany second now..."
>>
>>46022267
that's why you bake a cake! Then you don't have to be there when you apologize, and they can't stay mad at you because they now have cake!
>>
>>46022197
the faggot from TheManaSource on youtube has an exclusive card spoiler that he's gonna unveil at midnight, but he's always given some shitty uncommon or something that he overhypes because it's the one he was given

don't know if that means anyone else is spoiling anything at midnight though
>>
>>46022272
Interesting opinion. I bet you think Cleganebowl isn't happening either.
>>
>>46022197
Sorin reveal tomorrow, Werewalker girl 2 days later.
>>
>>46022304
It's the other way around, anon
>>
>>46022304
Wait I thought it was werewolf lady tomorrow then sorin thursday.
>>
>>46022282
Emrakul blows up the moon and there's some other Innistrad-specific horror in there, they fight, Emrakul runs, Gatewatch+Sorin and Tamiyo beat the horror, Avacyn gets reborn as a real angel, Tamiyo becomes the moon
>>
>>46022282
Avacyn is a symptom of the problem, not the cause. Nahiri is called the harbinger for a reason. Something nasty is coming.
>>
>>46022267
>Try not to cry
>planeswalk away
>cry a lot

>>46022211
>wotC ever returning to a world where their sales numbers were shit
>even MaRo hates it
>it'll be narutard shit anyway because that's what pop culture people expect from it
>but hey maybe we'll get a new shittier Ink-Eyes
>>
>>46022211
I'd like to go there but only because it'd be the lesser of two evils when compared to the rumored Egyptian themed block that's rumored to be next

Egyptian shit sucks winkies, were the fiddlesticks is my Dinosaur set to settle my autism
>>
>>46022322
>>46022333
>>46022304
Where did you get this?
>>
>>46021569
Galactus, singular.
The other two are dead, after all. After the remaining one stole the cool one's cool stuff, of course.
>>
>>46022211
>rat ninja and fox samurai creatures
>the endless amount of retarded spirit and demon designs

that block has the worst aesthetic in the entire game
>>
File: isobel.jpg (450 KB, 1200x885) Image search: [Google]
isobel.jpg
450 KB, 1200x885
>>46022257
>Angel of Flight Alabaster (upper left) is where we first find Isobel. It depicts the angel lamenting the loss of so many souls.

>Angel of Finality (upper right) is next. Isobel has now gone on the defensive, protecting the souls that have been lost from returning from the grave. She stands above the cemetery, a spell cast and sword in hand to defend.

>Flameblade Angel comes next (bottom left). The brilliant creature has gone on a rampage, taking vengeance on the world for the sorrows caused by evil and corruption.

>Clip Wings (bottom right) shows the poor creature trapped, bound and wounded by a group of hunters who are trying to put and end to the killing.

This may be the end of Isobel's story, we will see.
>>
>>46022372
LSV's tweet
>>
>>46022245

Nahiri is a Kor. They are only native to Zendikar.
>>
>>46022245
Nahiri is Kor you fucking retard
>>
>yfw Jace is revealed to be Urza reincarnated, with his memory wiped.
>>
>>46022416
>>46022441
woop
>>
>>46022290
FUCKING BISMUTH HOW THE FUCK DOES THE PLANET MAKE THAT SHIT ITSELF
>>
>>46022483
Taste testing
>>
>>46022333
>>46022304
>>46022322

No you idiots its Jace tomorrow, Sorin in three days, and werewolf lady next block
>>
>>46021747
Nah, Ugin is definitely the spanner in the works for him, but I could see Nahiri's current actions being part of his plan - especially since it's ultimately his fault the Eldrazi are free in the first place.
>>
>>46022441
Kor can come from other places you know.

>>46022202
She has as much joy as Sorin has had

>>46022129
>>46022290
I'm hard pressed to think of another green villain in magics long history, but Nissa is such a good one it evens out even if WotC won't admit it.
>>
>>46022536
>another green villain
Xenagos. Come on, that was like two years ago.
>>
>>46022519
all three are this block, dum-dum
>>
>>46022282
why is tamiyo such a cutie
>>
>>46022416
While they're technically not "native" to Mirrodin or Dominaria, they do exist on other planes.
>>
File: bismuth.jpg (99 KB, 800x628) Image search: [Google]
bismuth.jpg
99 KB, 800x628
>>46022483

Bismuth only looks like a cubist fever dream when you make it in a lab or other controlled conditions where it is protected from pressure and erosion.

Normally, that mineral looks more like pic related.

Sort of disappointing, but that just makes it all the more funny to imagine the look on that scientist's face when he grew his first bismuth crystal.

"The FUCK is that? What was I doing again? I thought I was just playing with rocks, but apparently I'm doing goddamn ALCHEMY or some thing."
>>
>>46022451
>Jace starts having Jedi ghost conversations with Urza
>>
>>46022451
>Jace ends up going full Urza
i'd be entirely alright with this, it would be 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better then this retarded nahiri shit where WOTC is justifying this Nissa dindu nuffun shit.
>>
>>46022557
should have specified mono green
also he was more of a dickass fuck who would rather be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond. Not really super villainous.
>>
>>46022560
no idiot, Olivia this set, Nahiri next set, and werewolf lady in Return to Zendikar 2
>>
>>46022603
waiting to see how this set shakes out before I make my nissa super villian check list/ guilt image before tweeting it at MaRo or whoever else
>>
>>46019854
That would end with both of them fucking hard. i want her to die, not to fuck!
>>
>>46022628
No you fucking dope it's the Edgar, Olivia and the Toad in this set, then he becomes a planeswalker in EM, and Toad again in Return to Ravnica 2.
>>
>>46022685
isn't "intentionally releasing plane-devouring monstrosities by lying to one of two living people who knows where the final lock is" enough?
>>
>>46022519
>>46022628
>>46022702

You faggots are just listing the PW's for Rebels of Tarkir
>>
>>46022702
wrong it's emrakul's human form this set, emrakul's moon form next set
>>
>I will laugh to all the people that stills belive emrakul is on Innistrad
>>
>>46021833
>She doesn't actually know the Eldrazi were freed
>She just came to fuck up Markov Manor (which she full well knows he doesn't actually care THAT much about, he hates his gramps) and make a lure for in case they DID get freed - so that if something happened he'd HAVE to help out or his homeplane would get fucked over
>Was given Innistrad's location by Bolas...who gave her a spell to 'protect her from Innistrad's environment' but is actually keeping her from seeing all the tentacles and lattices and crazy
>>
>>46022743
I'd rather wait a little and just list all of her accomplishments just to see if they'd even respond and if they did how they would defend her
>>
So here's my question. Avacyn knew Vronos and knew of Garruk, does she know about planeswalkers? If she does, will she bitchslap the planeswalker squad until sorin steps in?
>>
>>46022778
>Nahiri the Harbinger
>the Harbinger

yeah nah, they'll explain to her what really happened and they she'll be like ah fuck well I already summoned this guy
>>
>>46022810
but she does know and her entire reason for doing all this is because she thinks Sorin did it?
>>
>>46022839
I think only Jace is around while she's doing her "murder everything" thing, everyone else is either still on Zendikar or investigating other interplanar weirdness
>>
>>46022603
>where WOTC is justifying this Nissa dindu nuffun shit.
Why do people say this?
Nahiri's insane.
I haven't seen anyone say Nissa did nothing, both Jace and Nissa herself acknowledge her blame at the end of Oath of the Gatewatch.
>>
>>46022853
Shhhh, it's crazy nutjob theory time.
>>
>>46022848
>harbinger
still not a guarantee for emrakul
>>
>>46022886
but will she see jace, and maybe tamiyo and weremilf, and know how to deal with them already?
>>
>>46022907
it was TYBALT ALL ALONG

actually I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, his whole deal was causing chaos and there sure is a lot of red floating around
>>
>>46022895
and what is her cumupance for blowing up the world after releasing horrors onto it, both resulting in millions of lost lives not to mention the potential implications she may have of secondhandidly brainfucking Nahiri via emrakul which would earn her blame for not only wrecking another plane (and making things personal for an old walker by way of forcing him to kill his daughter) but also providing those monsters their own little herald so they can slip in and out of other planes easier? Because I'm willing to bet it as a stern lecture at best.
>>
>>46022975
at a guess, >>46022079
>>
>>46022848
>Harbringer of Bolas
>>
>>46023007
>forcing him to kill his daughter
twice, no less

although Sorin is probably going to die this block
>>
>>46022753
>>46022758
You guys don't have the insider knowledge. They're focusing on the anti gatewatch composed of Ob, Olivia, Zombie Angel Elspeth, Gitgud toad and Jace. After the new set Jace is going to be the main walker of Kamigawa where he finally embraces his learnings from Tamiyo after she dies, leaving him the only living bluewalker.
>>
>>46023034
>Sorin
>Dying
Never. he's the one that always have to fix the disasters of avengers
>>
>>46023034
>although Sorin is probably going to die this block
Point to the evidence? To me it appears he's sticking around.
>>
Does ChannelFireball update at midnight? Or do we have to wait till tomorrow morning to see the werewolf milf?
>>
>>46023031
>implying that Wizards is making their final boss that relevant at this point in time

We'll probably never see Bolas actually die
>>
>tfw its Baron Sengir
I can dream
>>
>>46023072
>>46023080
it's either going to be a CUROSS-COUNTAH with Nahiri or a suicide final attack on Emrakul also with Nahiri
>>
new spoilers up
>>
>>46023110
Post em' fag
>>
>>46023080
If anything he'd die next block, and if not he'll probably just chill on Innistrad for the next 3 blocks and clean up all the shit that's happened.
>>
>>46023054
>only living bluewalker
uh

are we counting multicoloreds too

because there's still quite a few of those
>>
>>46023007
>and what is her cumupance for blowing up the world after releasing horrors onto it, both resulting in millions of lost lives
How about the fact that those millions of lost lives were her friends, family, nation and entire home continent?
She's living with the blood on her hands. That's her comeuppance.
She worked to end the Eldrazi threat, which is repentance.
What exactly do you want to happen to her? Rape and murder?
>>
>>46023133
Naw just monocolored. Multicolor is fine as long as they don't breach the Jaceosphere.
>>
>>46023106
er not Emrakul, the horror sleeping in the moon
>>
>>46023145
>What exactly do you want to happen to her? Rape and murder?
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>46023133
Teferi
>>
>>46023161
Those guys won't be happy until emrakul fuck em with her tentacles
>>
>>46023161
...Emrakul?
>>
>>46023145
>her own godamn fault
>her own godamn fault
>she fixed the problem she created by nuking her own planet
How about wizard jail or a good old fashioned beating? Maybe strip her of her powers. Fucking anything. But no, what a brave hero, saving us all from problems she created. Such stoicism. Such determination. Such martyrdom.
>>
>>46023191
Emrakul's not in the moon, but she'll blow up the moon and unleash some Innistrad-specific multiplanar horror and try to eat it but get driven off, then uh oh now there's a moon monster coming down with a bunch of moon minions to eat us, better fight that shit
>>
>>46023221
Much Joragas. Very animism. Wow.
>>
>>46023145
Hey (Elf) Hitler, you took millions of lives. You know your punishment for doing so? You got to live with it. Got that? Holy fuck you're so screwed, did you knew that Guilt is sooo much worse than physical pain?
>>
>>46023236
Someone is getting it right at last!
>>
>>46022536
Nahiri is specifically a Zendikari kor.
And so far, all kor originate from Zendikar. Even the ones currently on Dominaria are descended from ones abducted from Zendikar and brought to Rath in the past.
It's possible for kor to come from other planes, yes, but Nahiri's not one of them and only Zendikar and Rath/Dominaria have any that we know of at this point in time.
>>
>>46023237
nissa's only redeemable trait are her big fat bouncy joragas
>>
>>46023262
Kors in dominaria were created by urza, anon
>>
>>46023221
>>her own godamn fault
Yes.. that is what you typically get a comeuppance for. You don't get comeuppance for things you didn't do.

>>she fixed the problem she created by nuking her own planet
Yes... that is what repentance is for. You don't repent for things you didn't do.

>How about wizard jail or a good old fashioned beating?
Ob Nixilis gave her quite a once over. And knocked her out and threatened to leave her trapped in a time distortion for a thousand years. And for some reason pulled her out to torment her for another indeterminate amount of time.

>Maybe strip her of her powers.
She was, for quite awhile, until she recovered the Khalni Heart. Did you even read Battle for Zendikar?

>Fucking anything. But no, what a brave hero, saving us all from problems she created. Such stoicism. Such determination. Such martyrdom.
Yeah, no. Oath of the Gatewatch does not portray her as a triumphant hero so much as someone trying to fix their own mistakes. The triumphant hero is Gideon.
>>
>>46023221
not to mention on your last point Ugin explicitly said not to fucking do that

>>46023237
notce the common nissa defense force as it attempts to rationalize the elvish atrocities through weak meming
>>
>>46022451
No, Nissa is Urza reincarnated as the one color he was never able to understand or master, as penance for fucking up everything all the time.
It's...not going well so far, obviously.
>>
>>46023085
Should we though? Look at how they handled the end of the eldrazi titans. Plus Bolas is just fun as fuck, do you really want him to go away for good?
>>
File: 203.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
203.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>46023305
>DEEPEST LORE
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.