[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has one of your characters ever used a psychoactive skin or similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1454723138715.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454723138715.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
Has one of your characters ever used a psychoactive skin or similar magic item as a primary part of their build?
>>
Hello, That Guy.
>>
>>45930217
A friend of mine has.

It's purely magical realm though, he loves latex and bdsm shit. I mean, hell play the game entirely normally, but I know why he has his Elfslut Casterbitch in a skin tight suit.
>>
Psychoactive skin?
>>
>>45930349
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#psychoactiveSkins
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/equipment/psionic-items/universal-items#TOC-Psychoactive-Skins
>>
>>45930349
Thought-reacting.
>>
File: motivator3057185.jpg (50 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
motivator3057185.jpg
50 KB, 600x750
>>45930517
>A deployed skin completely covers the wearer and all his equipment like a second skin, allowing the wearer to see, hear, and breathe normally

Wow, that really is a magic zentai/latex suit, isn't it.
>>
>>45930217
I wish, it's a fascinating concept for a psionic item in my opinion, but it's so rarely used I never see it
>>
This sounds pretty fucking magical realm.
Granted it's my magical realm, but still.
>>
What do you think of this as a magic item?

SKIN OF COMFORT

AURA Faint psychometabolism; ML 1st
SLOT --; PRICE 4,000 gp; WEIGHT 2 lbs

This psychoactive skin regulates the wearer's temperature, continuously providing the benefits of endure elements. It cleans itself as though continuously under the effect of the cleaning function of prestidigitation, and cushions and protects the wearer at all times, providing DR 2/--.

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS Craft Wondrous Item, *biofeedback*; COST 2,000 gp.
>>
>>45930217
They look pretty neat to me, but everybody in my group is convinced that everything in the Psionics book is retardedly OP and would rather keep playing wizards, clerics, and druids.
>>
>>45931351
>psionics
>OP

That's silly, anon. Why do they think that?
>>
>>45931258
>entire party ends up wearing latex suits because of cheap slotless benefits

I'm on to your game, anon and I want to play in it
>>
>>45931351
>>45931373
How did the "Psionics are OP" meme start in the first place?
>>
>>45931698

Probably because the Pyschic Warrior (both 3.0 and 3.5 versions) blow the Fighter out of the water.

But, I mean, c'mon, the Expert, Aristocrat, and Adept can blow the Fighter out of the water.
>>
>>45931698
The 3.0 psionics book was hot garbarge so everyone assumed that the 3.5 psionics book was just as bad.
It wasn't in fact 3.5 psionics was way better written than most core stuff but to find that out people would have to actually read the book.
>>
The cool part about them was that you could wear 3 at a time but only one would be active at any given moment but you could swap them out as an action.

It's a shame that psionics gets shit on the way it does because of people's obession with yuropenis fantasy settings like Faerun.

I wish there was a setting that made use of psionics besides Darksun and Ebberon to an extent.
>>
>>45931698
Some chucklefucks misreading rules about pumping more power into manifestations and seeing OMG SO MUCH DAMAGE
Then others read it, didn't check the rules and it kept spreading.
>>
>>45930217
Closest I came to it was in a time travel game where we where going to the future and my character bought a skintight suit because he wanted to fit in.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.