[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most metal way your group has ever killed anyone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (86 KB, 326x433) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
86 KB, 326x433
What is the most metal way your group has ever killed anyone?
>>
>>45930168
it wasn't really metal in the game's context but when a death knight had nearly killed every single party member and it fell to me to finish him off and all I had was a simple wooden club it became brutal
>be me fighter
>death knight is kneeling
>all I have is a club and a broken arm and a leg
>irl I get out of my chair limp across the room and mimic swinging a club over and over again while crying profusely
>dm says if I roll a crit ill knock him out
>roll the dice and continue crying/clubbing a pretend death knight
>hear half the room say "no fucking way"
>turn to see a big fat 20
>cue me swinging twice as furiously and crying and grunting even louder
all I could think of the entire time I did this was why where you never there for me dad I thought you loved me i though you loved mom why did you leave us why did you run away we have the same name dad i wanted you to be proud of me,now you are dead and there is no chance for either of us to say our goodbyes
>>
>>45930168
Shit load of notcocaine after my bard lost his love interest and ODed.

Motorcycle, leather jacket and a shotgun.

Fist fight with a gang because we took their turf.

Your metal is not metal, Judas Priest and Motorhead and Black Sabbath are. Each of those matches to a band mentioned.
>>
>>45930168
Exploded his own skin (player was being of mana) layer to damage primordial evil... To save his enemies from it.
Yes. Enemies
>>
>>45930168
>space quest
>party is perused by rogue ai/hive mind poses sing a military grade cyber body INSIDE power armor
>party is essentially firefly, with no Jayne
>big final battle, crazy intership combat, boarding action, crew wrenches their ships apart to shunt big bad into space
>they hit him with a ship to ship missile
>the only thing left is a head
>they recover it, and GUESS WHAT, it starts hacking into the ships computer
>they run the head back to the engine room, and shove it into the reactor thrust material port
>big bad becomes stardust and engine exhaust
>>
>>45930168
>What is the most metal way your group has ever killed anyone?
With a sword I guess. It was made out of metal.
>>
In a Star Wars Legacy my demolition expert scout trooper turned an ST-AT into a one shot weapon that we used to blast a hole into our big-bad's underground base. One of the legs gave out as it overheated and the damn thing cut a mountain in half before the force of its blast sent it rocketing into a nearby hill. I'm pretty sure it wiped out a good chunk of the base's staff. If that wasn't enough I made a wreath out of det-cord and grenades and ring tossed it around a guy's neck. I'd taken the demolitionist perk so many times at that point the DM just kind of just shook his head.
>>
The reaping mauler literally broke a rival in half, by way of sex to initiate a grapple. Weirdly, not the first time someone was killed with sex in a game we played.
>>
>>45930168
I'm not sure. Is it metal to throw someone about 80 feet straight up and let them fall?
That was definitely a hilarious oversight in the rules to not specify that the distance given is for a horizontal throw, but as a cause of death it's really mundane compared to some others in this thread.
>>
>>45930168
Sort of the opposite, but in our Riddle of Steel campaign years ago a villain killed one of us in the most metal way imaginable. It was an elf, which are capable of performing magic. We had never fought a magic user before, so after cornering the bitch one of us started giving her the ultimatum, give us the orb or die, this can go the easy way or the hard way, etc, we don't want to hurt you but if we have to we will, and then partway through his speech he takes out his halberd, plants it in the ground spike-first, and then takes a step back and does a spread-eagle faceplant straight into it.

Kills himself instantly. We're all just standing there going wat.

Turns out that in RoS there's a spell that can be performed in total silence that makes someone make a really high willpower test or kill themselves. The elf had just cast it as he was giving his speech, and the GM had the guy roll as an aside but told him to keep talking.
>>
>>45930168
Dressed like a priest I drove a van containing a massive nuclear weapon into the corporate headquarters of Aztechnology during a board meeting while the street sammy played us a funeral march on his accordion.
>>
>>45930168
We played a super heroes unlimited game.
>Russian has weight manipulating powers and tosses cars like bricks.
>fighting isis, gets to last member paralyzed in fear after seeing the German and lightning mage wipe out his buddies.
>weight- lowered to zero. Grapples, tosses straight up. Keep in mind he already had bane-strength.
> Isis guy reaches about 1000 feet before he leaves the effect range. Falls as the group forgets, enamored by loot.
>splats as they loot bodies for rusty AKs and grenades.

Same fight
>German can turn into water elemental
>bulletproof, a serpent of aqua
>grapples isis goon, engulfs him.
>isis guy drowns flailing in an orb made of water in a desert, the only water for 50 miles.
>>
>>45930168
In our Star Wars game, I found a semi-sentient Sith battleship that amplifies my Force powers.

At one point we had to escape a military blockade of a planet, so I used Fold Space, which teleports an object, to warp one enemy frigate inside another.

There was also the time that I mind shard'd someone so hard their brain imploded.
>>
5e D&D, Contagion (Slimy Doom) + Cloud of Daggers super combo
>>
Pushed someone to the ground, stood on their back, grabbed their head with both hands and wreched it (and their spine) straight out of their body.
>>
>>45935035
I cut a heretic's face off with a chainsword, and then the party's psyker set the poor heretical bastard on fire, causing all of his ammunition to detonate all over him and his friends.
>>
I dropped a Wall of Iron on somebody. That seemed a pretty metal way to die.
>>
I had an assassin who threw an annoying chairman into a bag of holding that contained 800 lbs of hungry snakes.
>>
>>45930168
>Hunting down a sniper in a docking bay
>Space magician catches a gauss round to the throat, decapitating him
>Before his head even hits the ground, he uses his final thoughts to cast a spell
>Incinerates the sniper, their cover, everything near their cover, and the rest of the shipyard

The other one that comes to mind was in a fantasy game with PvP elements. The sneaky guy used a mask of mind control to dominate another PC and make him cast "fire fragmenting blackhole" at his teammate at point-blank, killing both of them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.