[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infinity General: Motorbike Samurai Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: yojimbo.jpg (81 KB, 847x596) Image search: [Google]
yojimbo.jpg
81 KB, 847x596
Infinity is a 28 mm scale skirmish game where Corvus Belli teaches you the valuable lesson: With great ass comes great responsibility.

>Yes, all the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>Official Army Builder:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/army

>Token Generator:
http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (so you could compare units across factions)
http://n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
http://www.youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
https://mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>Latest news is the Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
http://strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity+1st+edition+Rulebook.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity+-+Corvus+Belli+S.L.L.+-+Human+Sphere.pdf

>Check out Operation: Flamestrike
http://flamestrike.warconsole.com

>Previous thread:
>>45855166

March Releases:
- Kanren Counter-Insurgency Group (Blister)
- Umbra Samaritans (Blister)
- HVTs
- HSN3
>>
>>45904425
>mfw forgot to change the ass part
fml.
>>
>>45904444
I was about to ask, where's the ass on Yojimbo?
>>
>>45904444

This is fine.
>>
>>45904558
He's just being extra responsible. Ass of that caliber was not meant to be shown to mere mortals.
>>
File: Kanren.png (60 KB, 273x284) Image search: [Google]
Kanren.png
60 KB, 273x284
I guess I'll repost the Kanren with the fixed paint job.
>>
File: HeyICanSeeNow!.png (770 KB, 615x908) Image search: [Google]
HeyICanSeeNow!.png
770 KB, 615x908
>6th for kebab crotch
>>
File: 123.png (112 KB, 485x452) Image search: [Google]
123.png
112 KB, 485x452
>>45904981
>sacrebleeeeeeeeu
>>
File: Alguacil+vortex+lupe+Balboa[1].png (118 KB, 210x312) Image search: [Google]
Alguacil+vortex+lupe+Balboa[1].png
118 KB, 210x312
Rules question:

Say we've got Lupe and some alguaciles in a link team, grunt #2 gets targeted for an attack, if Lupe were to throw smoke she'd block LoF to the whole team. Could she just declare special dodge with the rest of the team being idle?

Additionally, would throwing smoke grenades have a +3 mod from a five man link team?
>>
>>45905547
She could throw the smoke but it would be a free shot because the target of the attacks aro was idle
>>
>>45905547

Lupe's smoke can only save lupe on the order it is thrown, it only functions as a dodge in the way that it allows a face to face roll, the nature of a face to face roll means lupe can cancel enemy attacks at her, but that's all it does in terms of cancelling attacks.

Anyone who isn't Lupe and is being targeted needs to save themselves.

Having said that, because throwing smoke grenades is a BS Attack grunt #2 can just shoot back while lupe tosses the smoke.

Throwing smoke does get +3 from a 5 man link, also +1B from a 3 man link.
>>
File: Cb12[1].jpg (38 KB, 529x327) Image search: [Google]
Cb12[1].jpg
38 KB, 529x327
Hello guys, I head you have historical recreations here. Can I join?
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-03-09 19.34.26.png (278 KB, 401x637) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-09 19.34.26.png
278 KB, 401x637
I plan on getting the Rui shi and a Tokusetsu to add to my lists. This is how I plan on having it. Is this looking ok? Should I attach the Yaozao to Yuriko or the Tokusetsu?
>>
>>45905547
>>45906468
>>45906779

Yep, she "attacks" with the smoke and everyone else can attack with their guns. It only protects her though.

Special dodge isn't an action; it's just a property of a smoke BS attack.
>>
>>45907614
That actually looks pretty good. No hacker for the Rui Shi's just going to be how it is (silly O-Yoroi taking up all the SWC), but it should be okay.
>>
Not sure if anyone caught it in the Aussie facebook group. Uhlans will be released before gencon. :D
>>
>>45908151
Pics or it didn't happen.

PanO complainers need to shut up.
>>
File: Untitled.png (25 KB, 468x193) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25 KB, 468x193
>>45908194
PICS.
>>
>>45907614
Yuriko, you've got a lot of firepower in your engineering targets. If she was in the link, the doctor.

Consider putting Shinobu in group 1 feed her the orders necessary to make an attack run. Yojimbo might work as a swap, as can the doctor.
>>
>>45908279
I wouldn't put Kitsune in group 1 as it makes it too obvious you have a unit in hidden deployment. You can always pop her over when someone inevitably dies with a command token anyway.
>>
Does anyone else have a problem with paint chipping off their Infinity models? Keeps happening to mine, but the only two varnishes I've got are matt (which makes it look dusty as hell) or glossy (which looks awful on any part which isn't meant to be shiny). Any other solutions out there?
>>
>>45908984
Get some better varnish. Some people recommend glosscoat then matt coat. I just do a matt coat. Thin coats shouldn't change the model too much. Too much matt makes the models look shit as you say, so try using less.
>>
>>45908404
50 points is a bit too much to get away with pretending it just doesn't exist, and there's no AD alternative so it has to be hidden
>>
>>45909022
Water works to thin the varnish out, right? I haven't really used it much after the abomination it created on my first test, too worried about spending hours painting a model and then having to start over by ruining it on the final step.
>>
>>45909136
No, do not use water to thin varnish, get a spray varnish. Also if you fuck up varnishing, just retry it, varnish disolves varnish.
>>
So, would you actually pay 40ish dollars for this box?
>>
FYI guys, Miniature Market is clearing a lot of good Infinity shit out right now. I got the new Yaogat box, the new CA remote set, the Chaksa box, and a Kosuil for about $70. Lots of newer stuff, too.
>>
>>45909223
Yeah, provided i could split it or had a reason to use all the figures. $10 is cheap for a single infinity figure
>>
Any suggestions on what to get to expand the USAdriana army pack? I was thinking of getting the dude with the bow and a pack of the little mini tank katushya guys. Is there any must get to expand my new force? sorry total newb here with total newb questions.
>>
File: soonTM.jpg (242 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
soonTM.jpg
242 KB, 1280x905
>>45908151
>>45908194
>>45908270

*HEAVY BREATHING*

It's a shame I have to use a 40mm base cutter for one now, I guess it'll still be useful as a tikbalang proxy.
>>
>>45909223
Nah. The only ones I need are YJ/Ariadna/Nomads, and I've already ordered the KS Nomad I like better.

>>45910012
If you get Traktors you must have a Dozer with the Traktor control device so get one too. Also good: Grunt SWC box, Airborne (just grab 1 SMG), Desperado box. Also, Hasslefree has awesome proxies/bits for USARF.
>>
>>45910051
>It's a shame I have to use a 40mm base cutter for one now, I guess it'll still be useful as a tikbalang proxy.

Pretty sure the Tikbalang is coming in the same box as the Uhlan

>>45908984
You washing your models? I was having the same problem till I started religiously washing my models before undercoating them, never used to be a problem with GW metal but I guess whatever mould release CB use is more problematic.
>>
>>45910012
Do you want to win ITS?
More Grunts for Poland.

If you want another Diamond Dog team, just get another starter and sell the bike because the DD box is dog shit.
You also get everything you need since CB is awful and doesn't release the stuff you need for a full faction even though they said USA would be "ITS READY!" Unless they meant burger spam they dropped the fucking ball so you have;
No marauders, no minutemen, no foxtrots. Basically all the things you really want.

Also the Hardcase is largely useless. Just take more FO grunts.
>>
>>45910393
>Pretty sure the Tikbalang is coming in the same box as the Uhlan
Fuck it I'll rebase at that point it's worth it
>>
>>45909207
I did not know that. Thanks!
>>
Does anyone here have the name of a baller grey undercoat that they have experience with? I heard some Japanese company makes a really good one, but i cant think of the name
>>
Does anyone have any experience with peacemaker armbots? I've tried it twice (with heavy shotgun) and both times it's been underwhelming. probably going to try a pathfinder and fugazi instead.
>>
>>45908984
It's almost unavoidable with metal models regardless of primer. Best advice I can give you is wash them real good with degreasing dish soap and thereafter handle them only by the base. Also, try satin varnish.
>>
>>45908984

Give it a nice substantial gloss coat and then a thin matte coat to take the shine off
>>
File: obelix toc toc.jpg (81 KB, 344x229) Image search: [Google]
obelix toc toc.jpg
81 KB, 344x229
>>45906878
>Romans
>>
>>45910954
They're good board control units. They have a repeater and two nasty short-range AROs (doubly nasty with supportware), and they can start halfway up the table. They die like bitches if you get caught at long range, though. So cover them with another unit and don't let them get caught at long range.
>>
>>45912535
>>
Idle comment, but exactly how much of USariadna is CB planning to base on Reign of Fire?
>>
>>45914255
Probably not much, seeing that the only other referenced character from that movie is a Paratrooper in MRRF afaik.
>>
Threads a bit quiet, so i thought i might ask a slightly off topic question. im potentially going to be aplying an infinit rpg campaign, and im thinking of making an autistic sniper, since sniping is mostly quick math, do any of you have advice on pretending im autistic, and how to integrate this into a social roleplaying game without being a huge detriment?
>>
>>45914936
Browse some more threads on /tg/ and copy what everyone else does, you'll be an expert on being autistic in no time.
>>
>>45910769
tamiya maybe?
also mix a bit of white acrylic paint with black gesso to make a nice grey primer. this has the benefit of letting you control the shade of grey
>>
>>45910769
I think you're thinking about Mr. Resin, but I don't have experience about that. Mr. Metal exists, but I haven't read anything about it.
>>
>>45914936
Don't use autism as an excuse for shitty behavior. Write down a set of rules that define how you react to most situations.
>>
>>45910051
>in the future, even the robots will have spectacular butts
>>
>>45917368
Especially the robots.
>>
>>45914751
The "golden hour" quote in the udsariadna box set trailer, about attack at dawn is one as well.
>>
>>45904425
I'm currenty painting Yojimbo. Should I bother painting that red dot in the flag on his back? Those straps get in the way, it seems it would be a futile task. I'm rather good at freehand though.
>>
>>45918605
Probably, the red dot is a rather important part of the Japanese flag.
>>
>>45910954
I've fought them. Don't use them as conventional fighters. Get them close up where they shine. Think of them as an alternative to a light infiltrator. More firepower, but more vunerable.

>>45914936

Don't make them autistics, just make them movie awkward, with a bit of mathematics savant thrown in. Trying to make it realistic is more bother and problematicism than it's worth. Seriously, autism isn't a superpower. I know a few autists, hardcore deep spectrum types, and I can't see them doing well as soldiers, let alone elite ones. Maybe if they were just spergy instead, but autism's going to far.

Just make them withdrawn, very specific, and with a few serious passions. Maybe obsessed with everything about sniping, or hunting?
>>
Apparently we're getting things like Surprise Shot L2, Lieutenant L1, 2 & 3, and Holo3.

Holo3 is Holo2+Holo1. So, if Patroclus is in a duo with Achilles, it can look like 4 Achilles are linked with each other.

Also, Holo automatically regens at the start of your opponent's turn.
>>
>>45918767

Surprise shot isn't hard to infer, but what're people's guesses for what LT'll do? Something with command tokens, perhaps?
>>
>>45918767
Lt L1, 2, and 3. That doesn't make any sense. Why would they completely change a core rule like that?
>>
>>45918909
Hmm, perhaps to give people an incentive to use more expensive lieutenants (who would, in this hypothesis, get higher levels of Lt) rather than just always picking a cheap cheerleader for one (who would presumably get Lt L1)? It fits into the whole risk-reward scheme anyway.
>>
>>45918934
Shouldn't that be the purpose of Chain of Command and similar rules?
>>
>>45918952

Chain of Command doesn't really give much extra reason to use an expensive one so much as keep you safe against decapitation.

I hope LT 2/3 makes stuff like 'LT Asura' worth taking rather than just going for the one with the special weapon.
>>
>>45918934
Plenty of people use expensive rambo lieutenants anyway, because they can't be killed by a stray shot and can make good use of that extra Lt order. The Lt order itself is already a form of risk/reward.
>>
>>45918994
What would it even be? Like L2 gives you two Lt orders to spend? I'm having trouble imagining this.
>>
>>45918952
I mean, CoC is specific to LoL, EO is for other shenanigans, as is Strategos. You could have different levels of Lieutenant use that Lieutenant order for different purposes. For instance, perhaps one of the levels allows the use of the Lt order as if it were a command token, or allows reformation of a link with the Lt in it using a Lt order instead of the command token (as was the case pre-3rd edition).

>>45918998
That's true, I suppose.
>>
>>45919013
The only thing I could see it being is either something to do with the initial WIP roll at the start of the game or something to do with command tokens.
>>
>>45918909
Probably a benefit done right away like Strategos. Maybe starting with (4-5-6) command counters, with level 1 being the default for all lieutenants thusfar. Likely no change to the way Lieutenant Status works
>>
>>45919062

I'd really like to see more of the HI LTs get 2 or 3. Stuff like the Asura and Asiwara.

>>45919013

Either playing with LT orders in some way or something with command tokens most likely.

Or maybe a small amount of Strategos. So you can get Strategos L1 tied into Lt L3.
>>
>>45919086
I'd run a Tarik lt everyday of the week if ot meant more fun than an extra order and forcing myself to get that CoC Farzan as a safety net.
>>
Ok, WIP roll is making sense for Lt levels. Maybe a mod the what you need to roll?
>>
>>45919062
Except this already exists as Advanced Command.
>>
>>45918722
I'm just not sure if a peacemaker is worth running in the extra throw away combat group with 2 orders. 3 orders that a trauma doc, FO/sensor bot and sniffer bot can use sounds a lot more appealing.
>>
>>45920004

Two orders is barely a group. If they were warbands, cheap ones, it might be worth it, but at that size in PanO, you're never going to get much out of them, whatever the composition is.
>>
Maybe higher Lt Levels can turn irregular troops regular?
>>
So how many figures do you need for a full army? The starter packs are like 5 figures, so what do you build off of a starter pack?
>>
>>45920137
By that I mean one or two orders.
>>
>>45920139
Starter packs are six, except for the special icestorm and USAriadna boxes. Generally, you'll see 10-14 units, maybe some extra servants or G:Synch guys, with a few guys swearing by two full groups or more making 20 or 30.
>>
>>45920139
Depends on the army. Some, particularly ALEPH, can reliably run on 8-10 figures. Others, particularly Ariadna, run 16-20 figures in full 300 point lists.

>starter pack?
Again, depends on the starter pack. Most packs contain 3 "cheerleader" light infantry, a slightly tougher light infantry, a big beefy unit, and a more specialized unit. To fill out the rest it depends on what you need or would like your list to fulfill.
>>
File: received_1080566035327534.jpg (37 KB, 382x567) Image search: [Google]
received_1080566035327534.jpg
37 KB, 382x567
>>45920088
I'm just in that awkward spot of 11 orders, 25 points extra and 0 swc. What would you recommend to fill out those last spots? Pic for reference.
>>
>>45920137
Exists. Inspiring Leadership.

>>45920139
10-20 orders (so a chimera and her pupniks, Eisei and yaozao, or deva and devabot each only count as one) depending on your faction, usually about 14. Aleph, CA, TAG lists, and some sectorials run low. Ariadna and to a lesser extent Haqq run high.
>>
Hey guys, I just took the plunge and got the Icestorm box to start out my collection. Are the models in there good when I want to expand my army? Or would I need to replace them?
>>
>>45920508

Absolutely. There's some classics of PanO and the Nomads in that box. ORCs and Mobil Brigada are both a bit plebian and vanilla, but they're decent units despite that. And both expand easily.

Some lists might jiggle a few things about. Make a unit a spotter, and the easy expansion list for the PanO guys IIRC makes the Sihk a hacker, but beyond that, they're a solid starter. Add the support box and a TAG and change a few minor gear options and you have a 300 point PanO army, IIRC.

>>45920279
I doubt those SWC weapon fusileers are going to do much. Maybe replace a pair of the generic ones with FO Auxillia? Drop the second group entirely, and replace the ML Fusileer with something good, perhaps. You could do with a bit more agility in the list. An Akhal or a Crusader Bretheren, or perhaps an Infiltrator.
>>
>>45920508
It's solid, I'd recommend it for nothing else than to teach some friends and use the minis as proxies until you're decided on what to use. Picking it up for 70ish from miniature market makes it way worth it.

>>45920587
Thanks for the advice but I think you may be confused there, I'm playing NCA so I do have total ava on aux but no access to some of the other stuff like infiltration. The fusilier link has been great so far so I'd like to keep the SWC stuff there unless there's a different usual way of running it. I'm considering dropping the Deva and adding a TR hmg with 2 more auxilia since I already have the MSV from the aquila.
>>
>>45920770
>NCA
AH. Alright, that contextualises things. Procede with the link team, that's a good option for NCA.

Deva's are handy because they're good fighters, tough, excellent value, but you don't mind if they die.

Something more offensive and tactical would help the list, one way or another. A TR bot would help slow them down, certainly. You've got a lot of big sticks here, but the traditional NCA weaknesses of being a bit PANO SMASH. Anything adjusting that gives you some breathing space, protection, and board control is going to help.
>>
>>45910420
I've actually gotten some good use out of the hardcase thanks to the ambush camo. They're dirt cheap too. My strategy is to focus mainly on the strength of USAriadna's linked infantry to lay down covering fire for mavericks and devil dogs, so with foxtrots and hardcases I have enough camo markers to throw off my opponents with how many troops I'm actually fielding.
>>
So, was that sniper shot the Zhanying, or just wishing? I mean, it's probably the Samaritan though.
>>
>>45921455
Eeeeeh, possible. Sculptors take some liberties for time to time.
>>
>>45921018
Need more harcases to RAMBO around
>>
So in the Spanish Forum, Ariadna's the faction with the most posts, yet in the English Forum, Yu Jing is the faction with the most posts. Why is that?
>>
>>45923078
Because English speakers are all secretly weaboo.

Honestly it's probably because Yu Jing is cool.
>>
New player here.

My friend bought Icestorm and I bought the Aleph starter, and I want to build up to a good 300pt list.

Are there any units that are mandatory, or at least very good? I want to buy some rebots and some posthumans because I like their models, but I don't want to buy crappy units that I won't ever use.
>>
>>45923206
You took the vanilla Aleph? Anyways, Sophotect's pretty much an autoinclude in ITS missions because they can do quite a few of the classified objectives and are rather fast to boot.
>>
>>45923324
Yes, I just bought the vanilla starter, and the support box looks good, I've had one game and I already want netrods. If I have the vanilla starter, the support box, the posthumans and some rebots, could I build good 300pt armies?
>>
>>45923424
Posthumans can be good, but are tricky. Rebots can be awesome, and that support pack will be handy.

You'd have an Asura, a Naga, a Deva, 3 Dakinis, Sophotect +Yudbots, netrods, Posthumans, and Rebots. To use the mechs, you need a hacker but you have a lot of options: Naga, Asura, Deva, or Posthuman. Asura or Deva can be a lieutenant, but you have no Devabot (which comes with the Deva Lieutenant) so your LT is almost assuredly the Asura. Beyond that, there are a lot of possible loadouts. Let's see what I can do with it...

Asura Lt
Spitfire Deva
2x Daleth Rebots
3x Dakini Paramedic
//
Proxy 1 Hacker, 2 Sniper
Naga Minelayer
Sophotect, 2 Yudbots
3x Netrods

Comes to 298 points and is the best I can do. There are probably other configurations that would also be effective.
>>
Why is Miyamoto Musashi movement 6-4? Isn't he some normal guy, or are there some sort of cyber legs under there?
>>
>>45924546
Weeaboo Fighting Magics?
>>
>>45923987
Thank you so much! I'm so glad I can make a good list with the models I like. This game is fucking excellent.
>>
>>45924546
Bodhishattva model lhosts surprass the limits of regular person. He is not a normal guy, but an escaped,lab-grown super athlete.
>>
File: CBlizzard69.jpg (210 KB, 501x900) Image search: [Google]
CBlizzard69.jpg
210 KB, 501x900
>>45909223
That is not a box. Those will be separate blisters. Voronin shoudl be there as well as the Yu Jing HVT.
>>
>>45925094
separate blisters would be great, especially because I only wanted the briefcase one, or the Yu Jing one I didn't see.

I don't quite know what blue soldier came first with those in that pic.

I wouldn't put it past CB to make "resembles but are legally distinct" characters after seeing Yojimbo, that one highlander, etc.
>>
>>45925291
Infinity has been around ~8 years, I think. Fusiliers are probably similarly old.
>>
>>45925291
The vast majority of Infinity designs have been around way longer than Overwatch.

There's certainly some Zerg influence in the Hungies (and recently Ko Dali) though.
>>
Looks like the "get Infinity back on its feet" thing I got started at my FLGS is really taking off.

We had two demo tables tonight, with two newbies and one returning N2 players with only a small collection. Looks like I convinced all three of them to get going with the game.
Interestingly, one of the demos was given by another relatively new player; he only got started a couple of weeks ago.

I also played a 200-point Annihilation game against the guy intended to be for the Flamestrike campaign.
We decided to just use it as a learning experience instead, since some shoddy deployment on his side meant that he only had 2 orders on his first turn after my Spitfire Aragoto was allowed to go on a rampage.
My shiny new Yan Huo (HRMC) didn't even get to fire a shot all game.
>>
File: Dissapointed.gif (494 KB, 240x174) Image search: [Google]
Dissapointed.gif
494 KB, 240x174
>>45923206
If you add a Garuda Tactbot to you ALEPH Starter Pack you'll have 200 pts.
If you add a MARUT to your Starter Pack you'll have a 300pts list.
>>
>>45925919
8 orders at 300 isn't a good habit to get into.
>>
>>45925528

They sneak in a lot of other elements, though. Master Chief, Snake, Sergeant Johnson, some guys from Reign of Fire, Saber, an actual corrupt politician... Every faction's got some reference or another to something.
>>
>>45926564
Either is listening to people tell you how and what to play
>>
>>45926635
I'm just trying really hard to see who the Kanren is in reference to currently.
>>
File: 1421576652935.jpg (68 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1421576652935.jpg
68 KB, 449x401
>>45926564
1st step. PLAY
2nd step. LEARN
3rd step IMPROVE

Nobody is going to pull out a master list if they are still realising how the Order/ARO works.
Get dirty. Play with whetever they give you and let the little pieces inside your head begin to work.
>>
>>45925094
This reminds me how ugly the female fusilier is, I'm putting her arms on the special wep body and give her the sniper so she can sit in the case being ugly AND useless.

Also for washing, can I wash after they're assembled but before I base and prime? Been playing with them on bare metal for a few weeks now.
>>
>>45927076
Best I have is the Operative from Serenity, given the coat and the sword, and status as an anti-insurgency operative. Will have to wait and see what their fluff's like, though.
>>
>>45926635
Wait, Master Chief? Which model's that? The Hassassin Muyibs have similar visors, I guess, but I can't think of any others.
>>
>>45927432

the old starter box Janissary
>>
>>45927548
Image? If it's the one I'm thinking of it looks nothing like him.
>>
Help me Infinity General, you're my only hope!

I am having trouble picking a faction. I have it narrowed down to three at least:

Haqqislam
Nomads
Ariadna

As I understand they all have flexible and powerful light infantry. Just not sure what to pick really, they all have their positives and negatives.
>>
>>45928079
What are your criteria?
Which do you like aesthetically?
>>
>>45928079
Haqq: High Willpower (therefore good specialists). Impersonation and Holoprojector are options. Have an aesthetic that's very desert warfare with some good technical or fantastical units.
Nomads: Get more tech, better REMs, better hackers. Lots of dirty tricks/good synergies. Look the most scifi/abnormal of the lot especially with some of the Bakunin options.
Ariadna: Cheap order/specialist spam, lots of camo/limited camo to go full Poland (the most hated but probably still most dominant strategy). Some of the scottish troopers will wear kilts other than that they're a rough-around-the-edges modern-esque force without a lot of scifi gear.
>>
>>45928079
Haqqislam. Fight for Allah, anon
>>
>>45929405
Around Haqqislam, never be calm.
>>
>>45929002
Different Anon.
How about between Aleph and Combined?
I already have Highlander Ariadna and want another army.
>>
>>45929909
They're pretty similar.

CA has better stats typically though.
>>
File: 20160310_210038.jpg (597 KB, 1075x960) Image search: [Google]
20160310_210038.jpg
597 KB, 1075x960
>>45928006
>>
>>45929909
They're pretty similar in a lot of ways, but IMO the difference is that the Combined Army has its Voodoo Tech, doing things no human faction does, while Aleph pieces do what their human sphere equivalents do, only with overall better stats. That's not to say that Aleph doesn't have its tricks -- it's got a positively frightening amount of virtual wounds from NWI pieces like the Sophotect (6-4 WiP 15 Doc/Eng is win) and the Asura (or, if you prefer, the S2 TAG), and they use REMs for their line troops/cheerleaders. CA has Spawn Embryo, Morat, Sepsitors, G: Mnenomica, and a bunch of other stuff that is only CA.

In short, look to their theme: ALEPH is optimized with the ruthless efficency of a Skynet/HAL-esque computer while CA (though technically AI-run) has been assembled drawing from a galaxy far, far broader than the Human Sphere
>>
>>45928282
I really dig all of their fluff, which is pretty important for me (stupid or not!).

Aesthetically, I like Haqq the most, but not by much frankly. Fluff Nomands and Ariadna are pretty neck and neck, muh freedoms on both counts. Fighting in the twenty-third century with twenty-first tech is awesome, but so is being on the bleeding edge.

An aggressive force would be best, don't like the letting my enemy set the terms of the engagement.
>>
>>45930244
You'll find high aggression in Ariadna, Highlanders especially. Nomads are more about board control and Haqq is overall balanced. Not that Ariadna can't grab table space -- Poland's mines would beg to differ.
>>
>>45929990
>>45930180
Thank you! I'm thinking Combined Army. Might also be fun to paint also.
>>
>>45930325
Highlanders are the dudes with Claymores that charge TAGs right? Because that's fucking cool and ballsy as fuck.

How effective is that? Or pressing to the hilt in general?
>>
>>45930826
Highlanders (45th Highlanders Rifles 'Galwegian')
Highlander with AP CCW, PH 14 and CC 21, Berserk, V: Dogged, chain rifle and smoke grenades: 6 points
Marut Lieutenant: 120 points
Killing the latter with the former: Priceless, but unlikely. Not impossible, though, at least if you have a few of them on the job.

Highlanders (CHA, the sectorial)
Not the most popular flavor of Ariadna but they've got a nice selection of units with YJ-esque CC at Ariadna prices. Even their snipers rock 19CC and an AP CCW. They have a lot of reason to take irregulars between Caterans and Highlanders Rifles, but the obvious and fluffy Wallace Lieutenant makes them all regular as long as he lives. Wulver fireteam Mk12 and/or T2 and can be joined by Wallace
>>
File: 1443210356380.png (507 KB, 932x678) Image search: [Google]
1443210356380.png
507 KB, 932x678
Can has dossiers?
I'm not picky, I just love these things
>>
>>45920279
I don't think you really need both the Deva MSV and the Aquila. I'd recommend dropping it and getting something cheaper like another remote and cheerleader, and equalizing the groups a bit more. Putting the Swiss Cheese and the Aquila in different groups might be a good idea, since they're both big rambos.
>>
>>45931305
Not necessarily looking to mix it up in melee, but play aggressively. Those swords certainly would make people think twice before closing the distance.

Thanks for the advice. I guess I have to buy one of those USAriadna boxes and grab a unit of Highlanders.

Would vanilla Ariadna fit an aggressive play style or is it just CHA?
>>
>>45931651
They're certainly capable of it, but Ariadna is mainly based around fielding fuckloads of cheap units. They're also big fans of camouflage and infiltrators. You can use all the CHA units in vanilla anyway, so it mainly depends on your composition.
>>
File: MUaRyGC.jpg (226 KB, 1080x764) Image search: [Google]
MUaRyGC.jpg
226 KB, 1080x764
>>45931565
>>
>>45931566
I feel like I'm a bit low on specialists too, but outside of making a fusi a specialist I dont have many cheap options. I'd really rather not buy more auxilia either, but I may have to. Even with dropping the deva for a TR bot and 2 auxilia I'm at 13 orders which is a shitty number.
>>
>>45931836
Hmm.

Then which army plays the most aggressively?
>>
>>45931998
JSA.
>>
>>45932140
Is that Glorious Nippon Steel?
>>
>>45931998

Almost every army has a sectorial that can do aggressive very well.

ALEPH for example has the Assault Subsection. It's battle plan is to table the other guy. Maybe get objectives if they feel like it but tabling is a very reasonable thing to happen with them.

They bring Achilles (The S2 TAG of Infinity who will kick the ass of some actual TAGs), Myrmidons (Who are good at melee and shooting and decently mobile) and 40k style jump pack infantry.

They don't do subtle so much as 'My numbers are bigger than yours and my abilities either ignore negative mods or apply negative mods to you. Let's smash numbers into each other and see who wins!'
>>
>>45931565
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (58 KB, 800x508) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
58 KB, 800x508
>>45928006

I was thinking of the old Azra'il. Even hs the double-tube rocket launcher.
>>
>>45932193
Are you making these yourselves? Or is there a place where I can download these in bulk?
>>
>>45932186
Might need to reconsider the other armies then.
>>
>>45931998
JSA maybe? Infinity is a game that values playing forward since most troopers can take a lot less punishment than they can give. So how do you define what plays more agressive? Is it about speed, about CC, about trying to table your opponent, or about forcing your opponent to waste their time dealing with your shit so you can do your shit unopposed?

If it's about CC, you want YJ or CHA

If it's about speed, you want bikers and JSA, USA, and to a lesser extent Haqq are there to provide. Infiltration, AD, and REMs bring Nomads into the game

If it's about tabling, take any list based around a TAG and rambo your murdermachine to victory.

If it's about winning on Tempo you want a Poland list -- that's ariadna with a lot of camo, mines, and orders. Nomads have camo and mines down too. It sounds controlling but if you define being the aggro as "I do things, then my opponent has to react to them" it's aggro.
>>
File: 1406713309925.png (2 MB, 1370x980) Image search: [Google]
1406713309925.png
2 MB, 1370x980
>>45932213
>>45931565 here, they're done by Corvus Belli as sort of 'references' for different models. To my knowledge, they are done by a few different artists for the studio, and there is no unified 'collection' of them. CB leaks them once and a while, so the dossiers that are out are of a scattered assortment of units, and of varying resolution (some are really shitty).

I try to save them when I see them, but many are reposts, or poor res.
>>
>>45932299

Most armies an do most things. It's hard to find a thing that an army can't do to some degree.

Even everyone's favorite primitives can run a heavy infantry happy list if they really want. It's not the SAME HI list as some other people but it's perfectly doable.

A lot of it is finding something you like the feel/look of.
>>
>>45932341
I guess I am not asking the right questions.

Aggressive as keeping the initiate, being able to define the terms of the engagement. Not necessarily speed, but the ability to chose when and where to engage.

Not sure if that makes sense or applies to an army.
>>
>>45932401

That can be done a few ways.

JSA can do it with speed and invisibility.
ALEPH can do it with staggering ability to manipulate target numbers
Haq can do it with various Assassins.
Ari can do it with playing shenanigans with camoflage tokens.

If you want an army that likes to be aggressive and has a lot of ability to choose it's engagements I'd lean toward Ari or Haq as both can play amazingly dicky lists that force the other guy onto the back foot.
>>
A friend who I showed the game a few weeks ago is asking about starters, he's looking at CA or JSA, I know a bit about JSA and the starter looks like it has a lot of old models, how is the CA one? I have no idea about anything from the faction.
>>
>>45932464

JSA is dated. Perhaps one of the oldest starter sets still out there. Here's hoping it gets redone soon.
>>
>>45932464
The JSA starter is old as fuck, and it unfortunately has not aged well. The CA one is brand new, but it's basically just a starter for an upcoming sectorial. There's no Morat or Shasvastii or Exrah units in it.

It still looks very nice, though.
>>
File: 100_4736.jpg (935 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
100_4736.jpg
935 KB, 2048x1536
Speaking of Motorcycle samurai edition, I've been working on Yojimbo on and off for the past week. I'm still on the base coats. How's this turning out in terms of color choices? The sword will be blue, and I just added wash to some of the areas so I'm waiting on those to dry. I'm not sure on how to paint the basing. Greys seem to make sense as I'm going for astrogranite but I'm not too sure on how to make both the bike and Yojimbo stand out. Any tips from people who've painted him before?
>>
>>45932749
>>45932487
I can't stand JSA. You need like 8 keisotsu with combis to make anITS list worth fielding
>>
>>45932464
Contrary to what the others may have you believe, the JSA starter isn't even the oldest starter in Yu Jing, that honor belongs to the vanilla one, the IS starter is slightly newer but even that is over 5 years old. The JSA starter, despite being from 2009, actually holds up in my opinion. At the very least, all is units are useful. The Kempeitai's an auto-include due to Chain of command, the Chain Rifle Domaru is a radical close combat Lt bargain, and the Oniwaban's an awesome assassin with that superior infiltration and monofilament katana.

I'm personally hoping the Huang Di/White Banner sectorial gets a starter, possibly to double function as a vanila starter like the most recent CA starter. They're both good starting points.
>>
>>45932813
Most armies do.

Thanks for making them super easy to obtain in separate blisters too CB!

Fucking spanish cunts.
>>
>>45932401
OK, you're looking for the pro-active tactical experience, where you have the choice on what goes down where. What Facilitates that

1) Area Denial. Locking off sections of the board for your opponent, forcing their actions to either go through other channels or be costly in either orders or wounds. This can be accomplished with Mines, Repeaters (against certain foes), Smoke, and ARO pieces

2) Range. If you have a longer effective range than your enemy, you can shoot him and not be shot back at effectively. Ranged pieces, particularly sniper rifles, function as area denial in the reactive turn thanks to the threat of long-reaching AROs and as good killing options in the active turn. The problem is that they eat your SWC so there's only so many MSRs and HMGs you can get.

3) Placement control. Strategos and Infiltration help you win deployment. AD lets you move in where you want, when you want.

4) Camo and TO Camo. Camo forces your opponent to waste orders on Discover and take more shots to kill you because they have a to-hit penalty. TO Camo is the same, but replaces the discover with not existing until you say so.

Putting this all together, maybe Nomads? Jaguars toss smoke out from behind cover, Intruder walks out HMG's the opponent down with no effective retaliation. Jaguar moves out and smokes farther, Intruder runs to the next cloud and shoots some other poor goon. Meteor Zond deorbits and Custodier grants it Marksmanship for it to snipe a dude out of cover, then trundle forward and let the Custodier isolate the HI that might even be the enemy lieutenant. Reactive turn, the opponent has to reset, skirt mines, and try to move forward only for the MSR intruder to decloak and BLAM the first guy to try to make a break for objectives from high ground half the board away. Now what, opponent?

Sounds like your style?
>>
>>45932988
>>45932401
Don't play Nomads unless you like mirror matches.
It's the most popular faction right behind Whine Jing and Poland. Literally every meta has Nomads, and usually multiples thereof.
>>
>>45932988
That does sound good... You make it sound like there would be no good answer.

>>45933024
Lot of people play Nomads I take it?

Who would you suggest then because the other Anon is making a great case.
>>
>>45933181
Just play nomads.

I'm salty CB doesn't release faction grunts in separate blisters so you can't trust what I say anyway.

Fucking taco eating siesta beaner men.
>>
>>45932941
It holds up mechanically, some of the models (mostly keisotsu) just look bad. It's definitely better than the vanilla one, though. IS has a sexy starter.

>>45933024
>Whine Jing
Come on, at least put more effort into your insults. You could have called us 'Whinese'. The word Yu and the word whine aren't similar at all.

>>45933181
Nomads are pretty common, but that's partially because they're a good faction. Unless absolutely everybody is playing Nomads in your local meta, one more space gypsy player won't hurt.
>>
>>45931565
I was going to post a bunch but I decided to upload to mega instead. Here's what I have.
https://mega(.)nz/#F!19wW0aAC!v3mZXmdMDhx4rRAYC2Kazg

The link has no screenshots or shitty pics, so it's not "complete"
>>
Any ideas of what can i do with my Nomads bases?

I was so noob and i glued the figures to the plain bases with the slot, but i don't want them just painted one color.

Can you help me??
>>
>>45933826

Well, flock, sand, little stones. It's all good. Maybe paint it up like a starship deck?
>>
File: notuglyfemaqle.jpg (42 KB, 241x456) Image search: [Google]
notuglyfemaqle.jpg
42 KB, 241x456
>>45927193
This actually turned out really well, replaced the crate with a helmet and it has a cool "come at me" (as I hide in the back) pose.
>>
File: 20160311_004317-1.jpg (563 KB, 1050x849) Image search: [Google]
20160311_004317-1.jpg
563 KB, 1050x849
>>45934158
I actually did this too
>>
>>45934335
looks like you have quite a few fusis, honestly I've been growing to love them after being drawn to pano for the bolts.
>>
>>45934405
I only have 8 Fusiliers (excluding Bipandra, Angus, and Specops) and I've been working on a conversion for a second Missilier. Also I have 9 Bolts. Love the Bolts the most in PanO.

Some of my favorite models are just the basic infantry like Ghulams and Grunts.
>>
>>45934577
Yeah, I too usually have fondest memories about my line infantry. Metros Fusiliers rock.
>>
>filthy humans can't even keep a thread alive
If this level of ineptitude is normal for your species, then no wonder you're losing the war.
>>
>>45936216
Euros are working, Americans are sleeping and Spaniards are having a siesta.
>>
>>45936216
>>45936370
it's also hard to type with fingers glued together after putting together models
>>
>>45936370
Aus fags are shitposting on /pol/. Everything is right on 4chan.
>>
Are the char building rules for the rpg available yet?
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45936216
rolling WIP-3 to discover
>>
>>45938331
You PanO, boy?
>>
>>45936370
>Spaniards are a siesta
fixed
>>
>>45934577
How'd you do the skin and hair on those? Coming from 40k I'm used to just helmeted everything because I hate painting flesh, those just look so smooth and sharp.
>>
>>45933181
>Nomad starter box
>Intruder HMG
>Spektr Sniper

Anything else I should get for starting out with Nomads? Maybe a TAG or some remotes?
>>
>>45939862
I'd recommend some hacking assets.
Maybe a Reverend Custodier?
>>
>>45939862
Nomads love their hacking, so an Interventor or Custardier wouldn't go amiss. Remotes of any kind are also a very good idea, and some Jaguars or Morlocks could provide smoke for your Intruder to shoot through.
>>
>>45939862
Interventors, an Iguana TAG, and a Tomcats box with an engineer and doctor.
>>
>>45939862

The support box'll be useful quite often. A Custodier's always going to be an easy fit, as is the Uberfallkommando. There's also the Tsyklon drones, they're flexible and powerful.
>>
>>45940127
I'll echo this but for pretty much any army. The G: servant the come with the support box will always see table time and having the doctor and engineer doesn't hurt either. It's the non-sexy purchase that gets reliable use
>>
>>45939913
>>45940058
>>45940102
>>45940127
>>45940404
You guys are the best. Thank you.

+1 Space Gypsy
>>
I run nomads and i wanted to add an engineer, but Mr. Fancypants is too eighties for me and already have the cat Daktari, don't want the other.
Would anyone complain if i got the Haqqislam support pack and take their Doctor as an enginner, painting her as a nomad? I'm in love with that figure.
>>
>>45933834
I'm lacking imagination right now, can you please provide an example of that starship deck base?
>>
>>45940577
As your opponent I wouldn't care and probably even encourage it.
>>
File: Tomcats5.jpg (299 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Tomcats5.jpg
299 KB, 1000x563
>>45940577
That's why I went with the Tomcats for my specialists. I ended up really appreciating their ability to parachute in where and when I need them.
>>
>>45940939

Carlotta's amazing. Small price increase, but she comes with everything but the kitchen sink.

>>45940596
Like say, the grating from Aliens. Or just a generic grey/black sort of deal with squares and rectangles, and maybe some silver bolts/rivet markings on the corners of the squares.
>>
File: How to paint heads and faces.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
How to paint heads and faces.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45939188

Not that anon, but there's some good guides out there for that. Take a look, even if it's still Citadel instructions.
>>
Are Ghazi Muttawi'ahs good? 5 points for a chain rifle, Imp, and Dogged seems pretty decent.
>>
>>45940939

Tomcats, they're where you need 'em!

Really, the ability to call down a paratroop isn't just useful for putting a gun in an inconvenient spot for your opponent, but it's also great for putting a support unit where they can be the most effective they can be.

BOOM, that Engineer is ungluing a TAG or fixing a crucial model that's been Isolated or that Medic's saving some asses from the casualty count, or either of them just pops in to steal an objective.
>>
>>45941210

They're pretty standard warband types in a way. Dogged is a pretty great addition to the mix. Think of them more like running, reuseable mines.

>>45941277
And climbing plus just multiplies the utility.
>>
>>45941208
Citadel instructions are pretty in depth though. Giraldez basically just lists off what colours he used in what order. GW assumes their readers are new to this (and that they don't airbrush), so they go more in depth.
>>
File: Metalics.jpg (93 KB, 640x343) Image search: [Google]
Metalics.jpg
93 KB, 640x343
>>45941459

I've saved up a small folder of stuff that might be useful.

Have some advice for metallic, in case you want you manga space future shiny and chrome.
>>
File: Actually just one Oniwaban.png (707 KB, 529x664) Image search: [Google]
Actually just one Oniwaban.png
707 KB, 529x664
>>
>>45940939
Parachute is one thing, climbing plus is the other. And then there's the Light Ft on top.

One of my mates is trying to shove Spec Ops down my throat and one of his attempts was trying to tell me one would outperform a Tomcat. As squishy as they are, they get a bunch of stuff a Spec-Op can't have at 12XP and he can't get a G: Servant with AD either, so there.

He gets I don't want to Spec-Ops, he's just doing it to annoy me at this point, because "he likes proving people wrong"
>>
>>45943795
Sounds like you need better friends. Or at least least douchey ones.
>>
>>45943817
I treat is as karma for making him spend money on it when he was strapped for cash.

I just need to remind him that I don't care for the fucking "meta" as I only play rarely and with a few select guys. And I like gimmicky lists.
>>
So I was thinking of picking up the QK starter box, buying a Second Azrai'l, and just putting the Hafzas and the Two Azra'ils in a Linkteam. A HMG for far range, B5 destruction, and a Feurbach so that someone who comes close gets shot at +0 B2 (instead of the awful close range of the HMG).

Is this a good idea?
>>
>>45944099
Feuerbach seems better used as close-mid range, preferably against high armour or maybe even against scenery.
>>
>>45944855
Yeah, but even at close range a linked feuerbach is a scary aro
>>
File: mine.png (24 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mine.png
24 KB, 800x600
A courageous zero places a mine around a corner threatening a link. On the next order he wants to pop out and shoot some fools. Can the mine be moved through so the shot can be taken from cover or does one have to move around the mine and break cover to get the shot? I hear this is a common tactic. How would you approach the situation?
>>
>>45945092
Pretty much this. The AP HMG is a monster at range, but in close range it's worthless. The Feurbach is there to back him up so anyone coming from the side has to eat 2 AP-DA shots and try to not die.
>>
>>45945217
move around mine to break cover and get shot is how I'm seeing it.
>>
File: HI-TAG QK.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
HI-TAG QK.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So I fucked around a bit with the army builder, and I was thinking of this as a HI and TAG focused list. The main goal is mostly middle map domination with the Azra'il linked team with the Hafzas. Scarface and Cordelia are really the only TAG I can take due to Azra'ils eating 2 fucking SWC per module, and I kinda would like to take a hacker so my TAG doesn't get dicked by an enemy hacker.
>>
File: 20151112_025509-1.jpg (525 KB, 871x926) Image search: [Google]
20151112_025509-1.jpg
525 KB, 871x926
>>45939188
Normally I would basecoat with the shadow color and build up the highlights. However, for that Fusilier with the white beret I basecoated with a even light color, VMC Basic Skintone. Applied a few VERY thin glazes with VMC Rose Brown, and highlighted up to VMC Light Flesh. Before finally highlights, a VERY VERY thin glaze of BMC Cavalry Brown to the lips tip of the nose. A tiny application of Game Color Sepia Ink to the mouth line. And finally apply the extreme highlights. This skintone has very little contrast in shadow and light in comparison to the other Fusilier gal in that pic.

I still need to practice that method more, but key to painting female faces regardless of how you paint is to keep the blend smooth. Pic related is a KDM mini of mine. I used the same set of colors and process.

>>45941208
That's a great beginners tutorial and basically how I started back when I played 40k. I dislike using washes because it really muddies up the skin, also I paint the eyes right after basecoats. Still, it's a good place to start.

>>45941459
I definitely agree with this. Would not recommend his Vol1 book to beginners. Hopefully his Vol2 will be more down to basics.
>>
>>45947245
Where can I get that miniature from anon?
>>
Can someone explain where that Kurwaaaa screenshot? comes from? Am I able to understand that if I know english?
>>
>>45947580
Looks like a Kingdom Death kickstarter exclusive.
>>
>>45947605
The screenshot itself comes from some Lithuanian or Slovakian (not sure) satire movie on YouTube that depicts a Pole as a vampiric creature with stereotypical attributes transforming some everyday 'Joe' into a Pole who after rising from the ground, changed after being bitten screams KURWAAAA
Kurwa is a first word people usually learn from Polish language. In Poland you gonna hear it a lot in variety of uses and meanings. The word itself means 'whore' but is used as american 'fuck' and with a lot more uses. As the word that most people instantly recognise it became a signature word for "full Poland" lists and gameplay style.
>>
>>45947605
http://jbzd.pl/obr/433992/polish-man

>>45948070
Lithuanian. They're the fags that call Poles "lenkas" for no known reason.
>>
So what are your Spec-Op's names? Any creative or funny ones?
>>
Has anyone magnetized their remotes? I'm building my first PanO ones and while I'd rather make 2 and proxy, I have to be WYSIWYG for ITS.
>>
>>45950152
Sgt Middlefinger.
No XP spent.
>>
>>45950152
I dubbed my opponent's Husam mohammad al'cunt, because the number of bloody objectives that bastard's nabbed in the last turn is annoying as shit. I'm now happy to waste half my first turn orders killing that guy.
>>
>>45950152
I named him Doctor Wily, and he's a Celestial Guard with doctor and engineer, but nothing else. I only use him when I can't be bothered to invest 30 points in a Sophotect.
>>
>>45950152
I wish. Mine probably needs a name. Because I'm a terrible human being who uses Spec Ops as a crutch, he's got BS12 + mimetism + MSR, which is a sight for sore eyes in my-AROs-are-terrible-Yu-Jing
>>
File: Fozzy.png (398 KB, 809x771) Image search: [Google]
Fozzy.png
398 KB, 809x771
> start putting together my big ass hassassin purchase
> get the support pack
> duplicate nazmats
> both are the Doc Hazmat
> mfw
its like they knew
>>
File: PanO_Magbots.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PanO_Magbots.jpg
249 KB, 1920x1080
>>45950240
This was way more of a pain than it was worth
>>
File: Game of Drones.jpg (1 MB, 1707x961) Image search: [Google]
Game of Drones.jpg
1 MB, 1707x961
>>45950240
Nope, I dont like magnetizing parts.
>>
>>45954369
>Clipper
I've always wondered about the usefulness of that thing. It seems like PanO would be the worst faction for GML remotes, since they have generally shit WIL and few FO options.
>>
>>45954557
Clipper can still shoot without guided strikes. There are a few WIP13+ hackers/FOs I think. I play only MO and NCA which have some WIP13 guys....that said, I RARELY take the Clipper. Not a fan of GML lists except in USARF.
>>
>>45950240
Kinda-sorta here.
I magnetised the EVO antennae on one of my Panggulings so I can field it as either the EVO or the Minesweeper version.
The other is just built normally as the Combi+TR version.
>>
>>45950240
Magnetized my mulebots. Otherwise have just built the ones I feel gets most use.
>>
Exrah redesign when
>>
>>45958283
After shasvatii.
Long after that.
>>
File: twsewTi.png (53 KB, 179x162) Image search: [Google]
twsewTi.png
53 KB, 179x162
>>45958624
Those damn sneaky shasvastii dickchins. I bet this was part of their plan.
>>
>>45954369
You're a lunatic.
>>
Hello
>>
>>45959954
It's me
>>
>>45960149
Thread ghost never answers.
>>
File: 100_4751.jpg (101 KB, 470x523) Image search: [Google]
100_4751.jpg
101 KB, 470x523
Did some more work on Yojimbo. Just about finished. thoughts?
>>
File: 100_4743.jpg (136 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
100_4743.jpg
136 KB, 600x580
Other view.
>>
>>45961078
Maybe a hint of more color on the base?
>>
>>45961207
This. right now the base is really dark and bland. I'd paint the raised section in a rusted, peeling paint sort of look.
>>
File: Yojimbo.png (830 KB, 777x791) Image search: [Google]
Yojimbo.png
830 KB, 777x791
>>45962058
>>45961207
This better?
>>
>>45964098
Might have gone a bit overboard, desu. Too warm tone compared to the mini. Some weathering should fix it. Also some other detail on base needs more attention too.
>>
I'm just starting infinity, i've gotten as far as picking a faction, I know nothing about the fluff or rules yet I just went for what looked cool. I've gone for the Neoterran sectorial box. Just wondering for when I start to play games is it a mistake to start with one of the sectorial armies?
Also what are some "essential" Pan-O models I should look into picking up next

When it comes to painting do you guys tend to follow the studio schemes or just make up your own?
>>
>>45964895

For new players, sectorials have more rules you need to learn but also fewer model choices to get familiar with, so I'd say it evens out the same to starting with a regular army.

Not too familiar with PanO, but most Neoterra players will have a Swiss Guard, an Aquila Guard, a Bolt team, or a Squalo as the main killing unit. Auxilia are very useful for defending narrow approaches.

For painting, my first army was inspired by the studio scheme but with some differences. For the one I'm working on right now, it's nothing like the studio scheme.
>>
>>45964895
Auxilia should be the first thing, then the special weapon bolts if you want to run them as a link. Personally I use a fusilier link using the ones I got from the ice storm box.
>>
>>45964895
Neo Terra is the strongest PanO sectorial. Unfortunately, you're better to start with generic PanO starter. Fusiliers are our bread and butter when it comes to building a decent order pool and balancing more costly elements, such as heavy or few medium infantry.

Generic PanO starter (Fusiliers).
Fusilier SWC box (HMG, hacker).
Support pack (engineer, doctor).

Afterwards you're rather free to build up. With NCA it's generally Aquila or Swiss HMG. Deva, Garuda and Auxilia are your classic units that majority of NCA lists will play or consider taking.

Bolts aren't played as much, they are simply too costly and have problems with trading well. If your meta is inexperienced or more relaxed, it's possible to go with Bolt link team, Deva, support pack and fill the rest of the points with however you fancy. REM are good no matter the list or sectorial.

I prefer alternative colour pallets. Blue is nice and easy to apply, however in my view it makes PanO even more generic and boring.
>>
>>45964098
Looks great.
>>
It's kind of funny to compare fusiliers to these guys, I just realized the arms may be to scale and make a Medic out of a fusilier.
>>
File: fusiliers.jpg (72 KB, 923x555) Image search: [Google]
fusiliers.jpg
72 KB, 923x555
>>45968390
Dunno, might be too bulky.
>>
>>45968584

Yeah, Heroic scale ain't going to mesh well with Infinity's weird ~28/32mm realistic scale.
>>
>>45965467
>Garuda
Really? I don't see those things used that much. They're certainly not as ubiquitous as Auxilia or Devas.

Hexas are also pretty nice as ARO machines if you use the sniper, or backup dudekillers if you use the spitfire.
>>
File: 20160309_035240~01.jpg (257 KB, 1126x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160309_035240~01.jpg
257 KB, 1126x1152
>>45968390
That's not going to work. GW parts are way too large and goofy looking to fit infinity models.

Just do what I did here>>45934335 and add a splash of color. I painted the white beret as my Paramedic or LT. The Femsilier next to her has red shoes for similar reasons. It could be as simple as painting some markings or maybe the arm console could be a different color.
>>
Hello

I'm here twice today

You aren't doing very well
>>
>>45974019

It's been slow for a whole lot of threads. /40kg/ has been slow for a while now, and a lot of others as well.

Board as a whole is transitioning out of winter, things are slowing for a bit. Also there's not a huge amount of stuff out to garner interest to keep these boards lively. 40k has some book releases, and Overkill's hype is mostly played out for now. Infinity General is also coasting on regular releases which have more or less played out by now. That and a lot of people are focusing on the Flamestrike tournament right now.
>>
>>45975108
I'm sure there will be more to discuss when HSN3 is out
>>
>>45975471
I'm gonna get on the ground at adepticon so if noone else does I can get pics up asap.
>>
>>45976022
You're doing Space Jesus' work, son.
>>
>>45975108
>That and a lot of people are focusing on the Flamestrike tournament right now.
It'd be cool to hear something about that.
>>
>>45975108
>>45976738
It's pretty meh? I was looking at it and noticed a bunch of people fibbing results or making obvious ghost accounts to pump up their stats.
>>
>>45972074
Mate. I love your paint style. Everytime I see it, I just sit and look for 5 minutes.
>>
Anyone have your own tables? What's the theme/color scheme to it?

Any tips for graffiti on buildings? I feel like just solid colors aren't enough to a lived in look.
>>
File: 1457561332376s.jpg (4 KB, 124x116) Image search: [Google]
1457561332376s.jpg
4 KB, 124x116
Tfw a friend you helped get into the game says he has access to a laser printer and has been working designing buildings he can make for raw material cost
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.