[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40K Fashion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
Let's get a 40K fashion thread going.

What kind of sexy clothing would people wear in the 41st millennium?
>>
>>45857571
Literally anything. The Imperium is non-standardized and is not nailed down to any single culture. You'll have men and women wearing 15th Century noble italian clothing and guys wearing 3rd Millennium style jumpsuits on the next planet over.
>>
so, what kind of clothing considered heretical?
>>
>>45857624
Potentially every kind. Has anyone on your planet pissed off anyone recently?
>>
>>45857638
no, but someone getting lashed because their clothes does not meet sharia standard
>>
>>45857671
It's literally dependant on the planet.

I think wearing anything but field dress on cadia will get you some funny looks.
>>
>>45857571

Fashion is an interesting thing and it is a direct reflection of the culture and experiences of any one group of people or the designer. FOR EXAMPLE, what we regard as the very flamboyant renaissance puffy sleeves an and hose was is actual fact considered ULTRA FUCKING MANLY.

The puffy sleeves where a drab colour such as black or grey on the outside, but exposed the bright colours of your house or family in the slits. As you walked, exposing your MANLY LEGS to the fair maids, everyone would (discreetly) know which group your belonged to so when you threw down with the whoresons of the bakers apprentices on the Rialto bridge they knew who you where (and vice versa).

Fashion is about wanting to be something, or taking a piece of something and making it yours or linking to it. Levis scream the masculinity of the blue collar worker whilst womens clothing can take inspiration from events, art or nature. Alternatively is accentuates what is considered desirable be it a pale face, slim waist or ample bust. Mens fashion is no different with suits pulling in the waist and padding the shoulders to give the desirable V shape women like.

So how does this apply to 40k? (cont.)
>>
File: Costumes-04-med.jpg (201 KB, 700x980) Image search: [Google]
Costumes-04-med.jpg
201 KB, 700x980
>>45858497 cont.

It really does depend, for example a world that recently had the ultramarines drop in might have a sudden trend for blues and whites, designers would take romanesque themes and turn them into clothing as a homage to their saviours. Space wolves might see nobles dressed in wolf or animal skins. Alternatively certain worlds might have styles that are famous, or materials that are much beloved that are aped by neighbours or rogue traders who pass them on to friends and courtiers.

There is however such a thing as imperial style however because the IoM is so big, it's government, military and leadership have a style all of their own. This could be called 'High Gothic Couture' and consists of big hats, buckles, braids and of course skulls. This style will then by aped by others who want to associate themselves (via dress) with the wider IoM to say 'I am one of you, I dress like you and I speak like you' It might be worn out of loyalty or fear as a population fearing censure might wish to appear more 'normal' and thus shun native or traditional forms of dress.

As an example see pic related.

The young noble is dressed in a red embroidered coat and trousers. The red is the primary colour of House Metaxes of Hive Talbot, the slight military stylings are homage to the Hive's soldiers who have recently won several victories off world with the imperial guard whilst the floral embellishments are nod to the expensive floral arrangements currently being sported by high-born ladies in the hives nobility.
>>
File: 1-1.jpg (85 KB, 412x640) Image search: [Google]
1-1.jpg
85 KB, 412x640
>you will never live in a world where 40k fashion becomes a trend
>>
>you will never have your flesh eternally rotted away around your bones while carrion flies feast on the slough
>Grandfather Nurgle save me
>>
>>45858578
Okay, why the hell can this style of dress not come back into fashion? Shits baller as fuck.
>>
>>45858871
looks silly as fuck bruh
>>
>>45858871

It never left, it's just really really really fucking expensive. take a look at some of the stuff Steve McQueen made and you'll get some idea. Pic related is a mens catwalk for Mcqueen, quality = money, and most people can only afford a shadow of what the very wealthy can which is all part of the mix. Many people want to look like the rich and the powerful
>>
>>45857910
Baby, why are you not in your combat knappies? This will not be tolerated and you will receive 30 spankings and a demotion to nursery patrol.
>>
>>45857571
There are quadrillions of humans in the Imperium. They'd wear anything you can imagine.
>>
>>45858936
No one would ever wear this in real life, even the super rich. Fashion shows =\= what people actually wear. Fashion shows are a type of art and showcasing the designers creations. No one actually buys and wears that stuff.
>>
>>45858871
Clothing styles change fairly slowly over time. There have been sharp changes after the textile industry had technological advancements, but for the most part you have to wait for fashion trends to develop naturally over time. i would reckon 100+ years before something like your picture would be fashionable.
>>
>>45859097

True, but we are talking about a setting filled with balls and nobility and whatnot. 40k is packed with kings and queens and barons and dukes. They probably would wear this stuff irrespective of how impractical as a gesture of their wealth and taste.
>>
so.... people in salamanders homeworld wore baggy pants and blinkz?
>>
>>45859159
Oh i meant our world, not 40k. Anything is fair game in 40k.
>>
>>45859172

They do wear it, but not for everyday life. Attend a really swanky party and you will catch people wearing all sorts of things.
>>
File: 40k (11).png (356 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
40k (11).png
356 KB, 320x320
>>45857571
>Not wearing dirty, unwashed and blood-stained combat fatigue 24/7
>Not down on your knees praying for your own life, rather than worrying about fucking fashion
>Not having a laspistol at the ready to kill yourself quickly if shits go south
>>
>>45859380
>Having a laspistol ready to kill yourself
>Not using it against the enemy

Heretic spotted
>>
>>45859380
>laspistol at the ready to kill yourself quickly if shits go south
That is a waste of munitorium resources, therefore the emperor's resources.
HERESY
*BLAM*
>>
>>45859405
>Use mini flashlight against a greater daemon
>Kill yourself to spare your soul from eternal damnation
Pick one
>>
>>45859380
>Not wearing dirty, unwashed and blood-stained combat fatigue
that sounds khorny
>>
>>45859438
>Die gloriously in the defense of The Emperor
>Be a traitor to The Emperor

Pick one.
>>
>>45859438
No life that ends in the service of the Emperor is wasted, heretic.
>>
>>45859438
>Thinking the mighty las pistol of the Imperium can't hurt chaos spawn.
>Get a load of this heretic.
>>
File: 40k (40).jpg (48 KB, 484x600) Image search: [Google]
40k (40).jpg
48 KB, 484x600
>>45859488
>>45859473
>>45859458
Lads, I'm not even trying to be radical here. Sure the emperor is a great guy and he sacrificed himself and all that. But would you really be that fucking dense and not relieve yourself from being a daemonic fucktoy? I love the empire and humanity but being rape for millenia isn't how I wanna go down.
>>
>>45859454
I'm not secretly worshipping that one god if that's what you're implying
>>
>>45859555

Its not about how you want to go down. Its about wanting to die for the emperor, and he saves your soul from the daemons. That being said, he probably doesn't, or if he does your soul becomes part of his psychic gestalt, so you're pmuch fucked no matter what.
>>
>>45859754
'Xactly, end it while you can
>>
>tfw you will never wear squig-leather jacket
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.