[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The first instalment of the Red Path and the Black Crusade s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: Abaddon vs Kharn.jpg (234 KB, 972x662) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon vs Kharn.jpg
234 KB, 972x662
The first instalment of the Red Path and the Black Crusade series has been released, and it's FREE!

It features Kharn going head to head with Abaddon.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/furnaces-of-haeleon-eshort.html

Get it now!
>>
>>45856923
To be honest, Kharn should kick Abaddon's ass in a fight baring Chaos intervention bullshit. Kharn's killed waaaay more men than Abaddon has in personal combat, and personally broke two legions by himself. Not to mention he has a plasma pistol instead of a combi bolter.
>>
File: Lords of the Black Crusade.png (2 MB, 1117x909) Image search: [Google]
Lords of the Black Crusade.png
2 MB, 1117x909
Considering that Kharn joined up with Abaddon, we know how this ends.
>>
>>45857018
>To be honest, Kharn should kick Abaddon's ass

Kharn got killed by Sigismund.
Abaddon killed Sigismund.
Abaddon one shot Horus.
>>
>>45859848
This ^

Kharn is a badass, for sure, but Abaddon is the chosen of all 4 chaos gods. I could see Kharn fucking him up a bit, but in the end Abaddon simply has to win.

The amount of work GW has put to at least try to make Abbadon more imposing is not going to be stopped by our favorite boy in red.
>>
>READ IT BECAUSE
Kill, maim, burn, kill, maim, burn, kill, maim, burn, blood for the Blood God, skulls for the skull throne of Khorne! (Also, it's free and it's about one of the 41st millennium's most ruthless and fasciating characters. What have you got to lose?)
>fasciating
>>
File: 1425245681954.jpg (67 KB, 216x368) Image search: [Google]
1425245681954.jpg
67 KB, 216x368
>>45860075
I'm actually pretty damn happy that GW seem to have been starting to have some fun with the license again.
>>
>>45860402
Seems a little forced to me, but maybe I'm a little jaded towards GW. Also pictures from the story.
>>
>>45860569
The Khornate dude wanted to be at Abaddon's side and fight besides him but he fucked up somehow. I wonder what did he do. The story never tells us why Abaddon was pissed at him.

Anyways, I though Talos from the Night Lords series was alone in doubting that Kharn is the chosen of Khorne. Turns out there are other CSM who also doubt Kharn's status as the favored mortal champion of Khorne. It goes further than that. Kharn's own berserkers think that Kharn's Red Path is nutty bullshit.
>>
>>45860676
>The Khornate dude wanted to be at Abaddon's side and fight besides him but he fucked up somehow. I wonder what did he do. The story never tells us why Abaddon was pissed at him.
He spoke out of turn, and Abaddon is a bitter man.
>>
>Turns out there are other CSM who also doubt Kharn's status as the favored mortal champion of Khorne. It goes further than that. Kharn's own berserkers think that Kharn's Red Path is nutty bullshit.
I forgot to add this to my reply. They are eight foot tall, acid spitting transhumans who can eat brains and drink blood to gain memories, they live in hell(the Milky Way Galaxy and the Eye of Terror(double hell)), they serve a god that just wants blood and skulls but they think that the man who in a fit of rage shattered two legions isn't the favored of Khorne?
>>
>>45860702
I am under the impression that is not all he did.
>>
>>45860749
He did question Abaddon, but I think it's just Abby being moody.
>>
>>45860748
The Jews did question Jesus being the messiah and the son of God.

Kharn's Red Path is maybe the Christianity of the Khornate faith.
>>
>>45861269
>Kharn is the Jesus of Khorne
Is he going to die for their sins?
>>
>>45861302
He already did.
>>
>>45861302
Nah, all will die for his sins.
>>
>>45861302
Anon...
>>
>>45861313
>>45861358
Will he die again I should have said.
>>45861320
That actually seems more likely.
>>
>>45859848
didnt sigusmund die to orks?
>>
>>45864023
No, I think its heavily implied that Abaddon ganks him.
>>
>>45864097
Not much of a gank. Abaddon and his crew were walking aroun crusading and suddenly a wild Sigusmund's appears. He was waiting for Abaddon to come.

Abaddon tells his men to step back. Sigusmund and Abaddon exchange banter, salute each other, and then fight.

I like that even though they are on two opposing sides that hate each other, they still respect each other as warriors.
>>
>>45864421
source?
>>
>>45864454
Talon of Horus.
>>
>>45864421
>Khayon's word
>>
>>45864564
Khayon has no reason to lie. He has nothing to lose and whatever he says will change nothing.
>>
>>45856923
I read it, it seems like nothing much happens.

>Some marine upsets ababadong get sent to find kharn
>then we see the white scars fighting kharn.
>Then Kharn rides off into the distance chasing scars who fled

>And the two retarded zerkers who actually lead kharns warband deal with the fact and even their retarded warriors are starting to notice following kharn is pointless bullshit

maybe I don't understand as I skimmed this ebook, but shouldn't there be a beginning a middle and an end? Not this happens then this then this, see you next ebook sucker. Like what? I dunno
>>
>>45864588
Khayon has plenty of reasons to lie.

When you speak with an enemy there is always gonna be an agenda, even if its as pathetic as soothing his own ego.
>>
>>45864589
The writer is a new one. He is just started writing for BL. He only has a few short stories. Give him a break.
>>
>>45864708
Not really.

He didn't give up his position of power, destiny, and armies just to tell lies. His agenda is simple. He is on Terra to talk with the Emperor and deliver Abaddon's message to him.
>>
>>45864589
It's an ebook split up into instalments. It would be more fitting to consider this chapter one.
>>
>Space Wolves short story series led to the "Curse of the Wulfen".
>Call of Archaon series led to Batletome Everchosen
>Deathwatch series led to the Deathwatch game

What is this Red Path series leading to? What is in store for the CSM in the future?
>>
>>45864757
That's cool, good for him. Is it a sin to want a resolution/ending?

>>45864807
I see now it makes sense.

>>45864794
Of course he did. Khayon serves abaddon and is mad smug about his superiority. He's not gonna tell you about the time abaddon got wrecked and failed. He's selling you and his imperial audience he is 40ks satan. There's no real reason to tell the truth either.
>>
>>45864564
>>45864708
>>45864911

You have your tin foil hat on too tight anon.
>>
>>45864708
>>45864794
>>45864911
Point is, the Black Legion series is purposefully written from Khayon's subjective viewpoint, so if you want to brush it off as the lies of a chaos sorcerer, it's a perfectly legitimate opinion to take. Certainly a more comfortable attitude then when people try to do the same thing with codex lore.
>>
>>45864882
A bad codex?
>>
>>45864882
I thought you've been claiming that they're going to get axed.
>>
>>45857018
isn't "he's killed more people so he must be stronger" a DBZ way of looking at something?
>>
>>45865138
Was teasing.
It's funny how people took it seriously. The fact they did means that a part of them thought there was some truth in it.

However, SoB? I totally believe that they are going get squatted.
>>
>>45865155
More pokemon-ish.
>>
>>45865209
>The fact they did means that a part of them thought there was some truth in it.
Hey, after AoS, what use is there in trusting GW at all. Sometimes I'm sure they'd love to get rid of Chaos altogether so that they can focus more on the Tau, Eldar, and Crons beating up the ignorant, backwards, god-emperor worshiping humans
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.