[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you want to play a tabletop game with four clones of yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: being-john-malkovich.jpg (602 KB, 1000x958) Image search: [Google]
being-john-malkovich.jpg
602 KB, 1000x958
Would you want to play a tabletop game with four clones of yourself? How do you think things would play out?

Assume the party itself is pretty balanced.
>>
NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE FOREVER GM
>>
File: 1456652124259.png (153 KB, 333x254) Image search: [Google]
1456652124259.png
153 KB, 333x254
>>45855398

It would probably devolve into a anime-esque shitfest, the plot would most likely be unintentionally an exact copy of a Final Fantasy game but I would play along with it until the end and inevitably mechs and science fiction would become the main endgame for no reason. All of my characters would probably be depressing as hell.

Sounds better then any other RPG group I've been in :(
>>
>>45855398
The game goes nowhere because I'm always the guy who makes "support characters", both mechanically and narratively... so the plot would pretty much go nowhere when none of me wana be the "main character".
>>
>>45855398
But, if I did that, how would I know which one was me?
>>
>>45855398
We would fight to the death until only one remained.

Game would get nowhere.
>>
>>45855398
A lot of role-playing is how you click with other people, and having good chemistry is important. It's kind of hard to say what sort of chemistry I'd have with myself, but I'd guess that it would be neither terrible nor great. I'm a little bit too reserved and not sociable enough to do well in a crowd of people just like me. With that said, I am an enthusiastic role-player, a veteran gamer, and an amateur game designer with an analytical nature and a love of immersion, so at least as far as the technical aspects of gaming go, I'd work very well with myselves.
>>
>>45855398

game would go nowhere

we'd be busy fucking each other
>>
>>45855398
We'd spend so much time planning and homebrewing the perfect campaign and setting before getting bored of it after the first session.
>>
>>45855398
I would get extremely unnerved and try to kill them all with an axe.
>>
>>45855398
We'd probably play Commander
>be us, original and 3 clones
>playing commander
>Momir Vig vs Melek vs Sisay vs Oona
>houserule where every player auto gets Sol Ring in opening hand
>Momir player keeps on casting 20/20 hydras, but Sisay has a bunch of fogs
>Sisay player has all the small kamigawa legendaries, but constant boardwipes from Melek player stop Sisay player from doing anything much
>Melek player trying to combo out, but gets countered at crucial moments by Oona player
>Oona player tries to mill Momir player, thinking he has the most chreatures (and will thus produce the most faerie tokens); turns out his deck is mostly spells, and he relies heavily on Momir's tutoring
>three and a half hours later and the Sisay player is the first one to hit 0 life
>rest of us decide to stop playing after that
>we all decide that the real winner was the 4th clone, who was smart enough not to play Commander
>could have been worse: at least we didn't play Modern
>>
>>45855398
Terrible punstorm and effecient combat. Superfucking casual about rules but moderately accurate. Stupid levels of mission impossible planning.
>>
>>45855398
I literally lust for those smarter than I so not with much enthusiasm at least.
>>
>>45855398
The game wouldn't even start because the combined amount of fretting over details would make us get sick of any game before we could get it on the road.
>>
>>45855398
We would all hide and wait for the others to start killing each other, then eventually be forced to emerge from our hiding places for food and water. After that we would kill each other off with poison, strangling, and quiet knifings; each trying desperately to remain alive and unnoticed whilst killing off all the others as quietly as possible. Solid 3/10 gaming session.
>>
>>45855398
No.

As a rule, never play with people you hate.
>>
Magical Realm.
>>
>>45855398
I'm usually pretty good at coming up with different characters but a Forever GM, so it would be rather nice.
Though I imagine each session would be interrupted a few times for blowjobs
>>
>>45856753
This.
>>
>>45855398
I would want to play a game with a clone of myself as the GM because I think I'm better than anyone I've played with in my life.
>>
File: 1384584274947.jpg (191 KB, 818x606) Image search: [Google]
1384584274947.jpg
191 KB, 818x606
Well I'd actually have a game for one thing.
>mfw perfect set-up
>mfw players regularly switch characters
>mfw roleplaying flows like from a script

The problem is rather that GM clone now have to come up with completely new stuff on the fly, since my dungeons and campaigns are usually stuff I've been sketching on for quite while.

>>45856834
Going to have to be really smug and agree with this, simply for the reason that we will all enjoy the same aspects of the game.
>>
>>45855398
>Would you want to play a tabletop game with four clones of yourself?
Only after the orgy is finished, but definitely yes.
>>
I don't really like myself, but I also know what I want. With the combined force of five, we could finally finish the perfect (for me) system and actually have a chance to play it.
The only bad thing is, each clone would think the others are plotting something, and it would only be a matter of time before all hell broke loose.
>>
>>45855398
There'd be a secret betting pool on how long it takes for it to break down into fucking each other.
>>
File: 1445776327426.jpg (17 KB, 605x146) Image search: [Google]
1445776327426.jpg
17 KB, 605x146
>>45855398

I couldn't do it, I'm a shitty person. It would probably devolve into a four way fight, or maybe two one-on-one fights. Partly out of curiosity, partly because I'm a dick with a hot temper, and partly because it'd be the most even fight I've been in.

The campaign itself would probably be bog-standard fantasy, leading up to rules-lawyering mid-session, and then eventually it just devolves into mindeless namecalling, then somebody threatens the other guy, then somebody punches somebody in the face and everybody gets in on that.

You know what? It'd probably be a blood bowl league, that ends up being more like a physical game of blood bowl than anything else. Maybe everybody would fuck at the end too, because being on 4chan proves that I'm also a massive faggot.
>>
>>45855398
It'd start as a campaign, pretty fun.

But then my / our irrational paranoia would take over and we would begin to murder each other as fast as possible until only one is left.
>>
>>45855398
would be a great time, although half of it would be spent discussing changes to the system, and creating new ones.
>>
>>45855398
First, short magical realm RP through digital devices. Even though it is me I'm doing this with, I'd still find it awkward if I could see other me doing it with me.

Second, actually play a normal game. This would probably go horribly as I try to surprise myself four times over since I know how I think, therefore I know what I'd write up.

But other than that, some ideas I've never gotten around to doing would get done.
>>
File: up in da club.gif (6 MB, 523x226) Image search: [Google]
up in da club.gif
6 MB, 523x226
>>45855398
we'd get along great for like 3 hours then slowly each one would begin to suspect the others of IRL plotting to kill him (as he is the original) behind his back and the whole thing would end in a spectacular Home Alone style showdown.

it would be the most fun game ever witnessed
>>
Game would be unfulfilling because each would know what the other would say. Might make a decent story, but shitty game. Eventually we'd get tired of high fiving, then draw strawsto see who stays with our wife, and tbe other four pick directions to leave in., maybe stay as pen pals.
>>
Things would be....interesting. When the group consists of people who don't like playing what others are playing then it would be easy to make a functional and diverse group. However as i live and breath an entire group of mes wouldn't work purely on the basis that:
1. The entire game would be cracking dumb jokes at each other and try to get the last laugh.
2. Doing everything dumb and situations that are dumb.
3. Making unbelievably weird builds.
>>
I completely lack the creativity to create a setting or even an interesting character, and I'm far too socially inept to properly roleplay even if by some miracle of inspiration I did manage to come up with a decent character, even in the company of myselves. It's why I've always been interested but never actually gotten into the hobby outside of a couple of particularly ill-fated attempts.

On the bright side, at least we would all show up on time every time to (fail to) play almost every day. Maybe run a premade module with nothing but the mechanics to keep things going. Might not be too terrible.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.