[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Legacy General - Fuck Eldrazi edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: images (6).jpg (13 KB, 200x284) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
13 KB, 200x284
How do you deal with the eldrazi menace?
Does the eldrazi menace make a deck like Canadian Threshold tier 1?
Could you run 4x Eye of ugin in 12 post with some significant adjustments to play the most ludicrous mana deck ever?
>>
but everyone in the last thread was saying the only reason Eldrazi was placing in Legacy was the legacy players were caught off-guard. "Let the meta adjust." So is Eldrazi a menace in Legacy after all?
>>
>>45853965
Well,in that case, how do you adjust to it? Play Threshold/DnT?
>>
File: 125.jpg (77 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
125.jpg
77 KB, 312x445
>>45853619
>How do you deal with the eldrazi menace?

I do what I always do, friend.

I play Pox.
>>
>>45853619
this is what happens when Modern gets fucked. You guys come into my format and try to pretend like you know what you're talking about. Ever since eternal masters got announced there has an eternal thread everyday with you fucktards trying to act like a new version of MUD is going to destroy the format.

Fucking trendy faggots
>>
>>45853619
>how do you deal with the eldrazi menace?
with cards like yours, OP. ANT strong
>>
Eldrazi isn't a menace, people just will bring different sideboard cards that deal with it, or just ignore it and do what they always have done. Eldrazi is just a cheap (compared to other Legacy decks) aggro deck that people can port from Modern if they pick up Wastelands, and Sol Lands. Much like other fades, they'll vanish. It's not super strong, but when there's a lot of people who bring it to an event of course it'll show up in the top 8 of places.

I'll just be playing some sort of BUG deck like always.
>>
>>45853619
>How do you deal with the eldrazi menace?
Pretty much any fast combo deck, or Shardless BUG, or lands, or Enchantress, or a loam deck. It's gotten results because there's a lot of hype around it, but the meta isn't unprepared for it. It's definitely a real deck, but it's not meta-breaking like in modern.
>>
>>45853965
>>45854379
"Like ships passing in night"- the legacy metagame

Decks that crush eldrazi without change: elves, lands, TES/SI, 12 post, nic fit, dredge, reanimator

Decks that can be retooled to crush eldrazi: anything.

The deck is monocolorless and cannot deal with artifacts or enchantments. Miracles can move back to the RIP/Helm version and run a Moat. The eldrazi deck can't beat a Moat.

In storm I'm moving from dark petition to grim tutor, adding 2 hurkyls to the sideboard and bringing in 2 copies of EtW. If it becomes a giant problem, add a single ensnaring bridge to tutor for. Build up your graveyard for a giant past in flames or an AN

Delver has the tools to beat eldrazi, goyf can go big and pyromancer can go wide.

It's not so much a "menace" as it is the new kid on the block that's overrepresented, and the meta is slow to shift because most of the results have been from the state's, where people don't innovate as much. The tools to beat the deck are there, people just haven't tried them out yet.
>>
>>45853619
12 post is naturally a very inconsistent manabase. I don't like it in am aggro eldrazi shell.

Canadian thresh has been tier 1 for a while. As long as someone somewhere is waiting to crack fetches EOT, Canadian Thresh has a home. Against eldrazi the goose is pretty bad, goyf is fine and Delver is good. Most of the burn will go to the face, so 3 chain lightning will be good, with1-2 ancient grudge off the board
>>
>>45854923
I hope you get so mad you leave the hobby.
>>
I play belcher and eldrazi is pretty beatable. Chalice is scaryish but eh.
>>
>>45853619
I cast Breakthrough on turn 2, crack both LEDs, Dredge 20+ cards, flashback Cabal Therapy and Faithless Lootings, and dump FKZ on the field with tons of Zombie tokens.

Dredge literally eats Eldrazi for breakfast.
>>
Has anyone played against the people who try to play vintage eldrazi? It's an absolutely hilarious matchup for any non-shops deck
>>
>>45853619
Hey guys. I'm on D&T. Debating cutting my 2x SB containment priests for Spirit of the Labyrinth. Thoughts? Haven't seen much Sneak and Show recently.
>>
>>45860993
Reanimator is making a resurgence
>>
>>45857512
Painter absolutely destroys them too. They can beat Chalice pretty easily with Painter+Jaya (and they have 4 recruiters to tutor for both pieces), they often have T1 Blood Moon, and Painter turns off Eye and Temple. They even run maindeck Ensnaring Bridge.
>>
>>45853619
dredge shitstomps leldrazi something fierce, so let eldrazi run rampant, then dredge will throw them under their heels back to the FOTM pit where it belongs, and the meta adapts as usual.
>>
>>45857512
Enchantress beat them dow to their knees and make them lick their cunts. they can't beat solitaire confinement+sigarda
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.