[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MEPHISTON vs KHARN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2
File: VERSUS.jpg (389 KB, 1159x919) Image search: [Google]
VERSUS.jpg
389 KB, 1159x919
On the field of battle of some Emperor forsaken Hive World beset by a Blood Crusade, Kharn the Betrayer, previously being a teamkilling faggot and hunting down the Khorne Champion of the Blood Crusade, runs into Mephiston leading a force of Blood Angels. Mephiston smashes Kharn into a Hab Block building and a glorious duel ensues. Who comes out on top?

Remember, Mephiston cannot use his pysker powers directly at Kharn because of the collar. He can augment his strength or chuck a boulder at Kharn, but can't just directly zap him or unmake him with psyker mojo.
>>
>>45811914
mephiston = never died in battle

kharn = died many time in battle

winner = mephiston

khan doesnt even have a power weapon for emperors sake
>>
>>45812153
Kharn carries a Primarch's weapons that is infinitely superior to a power weapon and cannot be broken by one. Kharn also has killed IIRC over a hundred thousand space marines in single combat.
>>
>>45812153
Nigga wot
He died ONCE, and it was during the most brutal fight in human history, after he killed over a million people.
>>
>>45812184
its a janky nigger rigged primarch weapon that even in its prime was destroyed by dirt
>>
>>45812241
Except it parries power weapons as seen in the Trials of Azrael.
>>
>>45811914
Kharns a monster don't leave your important people near him
>>
>>45812243
What do happen you try to parry a chain weapon with a power weapon or vice versa?
>>
>>45813014
Normally a power weapon will go straight throw a chain weapon or begin to melt it.

Not so with Gorechild, although either it's so masterfully crafted and empowered by Chaos as a weapon of the Red Angel it just doesn't give a fuck, or it has a powerfield itself.
>>
Depending on the psychic powers....mephestin is winning this most of the time.

He can S10 his sword and has similar attacks and wounds.

Every other time they kill each other.
>>
>>45811914
Kharn has a great deal more combat experience and has been tremendously buffed by essentially the God of combat, so it all depends on how Mephiston utilizes his Psyker gift, because in a straight-up weapons fight Kharn should theoretically tear any loyalist to pieces.
>>
Well Kharn is going first, hitting at Str 6-7 AP2 on +2 and wounding on 2+, while Mephiston is hitting on 4's, wounding on 2+ with instant death if he got his psychic powers off.

Its pretty close, Kharn has to either luckily deny Sanguinary sword or make all his invul saves.
>>
Khan would kill that faggot faster than a nigger running from the police after he done kissed a white girl.
>>
Kharn cannot be ID by force weapon. Ever. S10 or not.
>>
>>45811914
>>45812184
>>45812212
>>45813834
>>45813902
Mephiston slapped the shit out of Doombreed.
Kharn would be left as a smear on the ground.
>>
>>45815459
Doombreed is Khorne's strongest deamon prince...

Kharn is literally his avatar in the physical world. Kharn only died once and has never come close again.
Mephiston is BTFO. How can you be this stupid.
>>
>>45816038
>Doombreed is Khorne's strongest deamon prince...

And so much stronger than Kharn.

>Kharn is literally his avatar in the physical world.

No.

>Kharn only died once

And Mephiston has not died.

Mephiston would rek him.
>>
>>45816038
That's Angron you fuknut
>>
>>45816190
t. Red angel
>>
Depends who's writing the fight.

But seriously it would depends on many things, mainly on how fast can Kharn come back to life if Mephiston manage to kill him.

Mephiston can kill Kharn many times, but Kharn only needs one time.
>>
>>45816190
>That's Angron you fuknut

Nope.
>>
>>45816292
Kharn has never been said to be able to come back to life multiple times, he maybe did it once.
>>
If kharn loses is mephiston still gay?
>>
>>45811914
Easy, Ghazghkull comes in and smashes them both for being gits and moves on.
>>
>>45816292
Kharn doesn't "come back to life" He came back from the brink once, and has never come close again.

>>45816190
"He is the avatar of Khorne, embodying the Blood God's indiscriminate rage and bloodlust in the realm of mortals."

Straight from Lexicanium, and a solid fact for the past few Chaos Codex's.

>>45816129
>Mephiston would rek him

Psycher vs guy practically immune to psychic powers... SURE anon, THATS going to end well....

Any marine can kill a demon prince these days, especially librarians. Kharn is a different animal all together.
>>
>>45816546
>Psycher vs guy practically immune to psychic powers... SURE anon, THATS going to end well....

That psyker is Mephiston. He has ripped Tyranid monsters to pieces with his barehands. He defeated Doombreed, and Doombreed is more than a match for a Titan.

>Kharn is a different animal all together.

A smaller, weaker animal.
>>
Khorne's most powerful champion vs not even the strongest psycher in the imperium...

Why are we having this conversation? Isnt Kharn even immune to basically all psycher bullshit?
>>
>>45816633
>Isnt Kharn even immune to basically all psycher bullshit?

He's resilient. Not that that helps him when Mephy uses his powers to buff himself rather than attack Kharn.
>>
>>45816616

>He has ripped Tyranid monsters to pieces with his barehands.
So? this is like standard fare with Space Marine heroes.

Mephiston isn't that amazing anon, Grey Knights and Tigerious alone out rank his ass. He is just ripped as fuck, but that isn't exactly going to help him, especially since they toned down his shit since 5th edition.

Kharn has protection from Khorne for some sinister fate in the galaxy. Mephiston isn't the thing that's stopping this rape train.
>>
>>45816747
>So? this is like standard fare with Space Marine heroes.

Mephiston is a step above most, who in turn have better feats than Kharn.

Mephiston has beaten stronger beings than Kharn, betting against Mephiston is pure delusion.
>>
>>45816827

No, he really isnt. Beating the living avatar of Khorne isnt something that can be topped by just beating a demon prince, even one such a doom breed, or a mere tyranid. Stop being delusional yourself anon.

Calgar alone has one upped Mephiston. Dante has one upped Mephiston, Hell most chapter masters have similar feats.

None of that make his able to 1v1 Kharn, this is just mephiston we are talking here. Not someone like Sigsimund.
>>
>>45811914
The people who get to watch the rad fight.

Does Mephiston have any fixed/signature magic powers?
I think Kharn wins most melees but depending on Mephy's magic and whether he can get a chance to cast powers.

>>45813864
Is that including force? because kharn's immune to force weapons Instant Death
>>
>>45816972
>Beating the living avatar of Khorne isnt something that can be topped by just beating a demon prince

Kharn is not Khorne's avatar.
Doombreed is mightier than Kharn.
M'kar is mightier than Kharn.

>Calgar alone has one upped Mephiston.

Are you seriously implying that Calgar wouldn't crumple Kharn into a small ball and throw him in the trash?

>Dante has one upped Mephiston

When?

>Hell most chapter masters have similar feats.

No they don't.

>None of that make his able to 1v1 Kharn

All of it does. Kharn just doiesn't have what it takes.
>>
>>45811914

I hate blood angels but mephiston is the guy who shrugs when he's get hit by a lascannon and tears greater daemons apart. Kharn would stand no chance
>>
>>45817074
>Kharn is not Khorne's avatar.
>Literally too lazy to read the entire 33 post conversation.

The rest just shows you really dont know what your talking about. Thats all folks.
>>
>>45816747
>So? this is like standard fare with Space Marine heroes.

I get a feeling that you actually don't know who Mephiston is. He cannot be really compared to space marines, he is closer to a primarch
>>
>>45817205

That depends on the time of the fluff. 5th Meph yeah, he's a fucking Imperium daemon prince, laters not so much, closer to a chapter master
>>
>>45817176
I'm not lazy, I just refute that Kharn is Khorne's avatar. He's a mere champion of Khorne.
Mephiston has defeated bigger Champions of Khorne.
>>
Are people here REALLY trying to argue that a psycher can beat Kharn? Kharn probably has fought WAY more powerful psychers then Mephiston over the past 10,000 years in the eye of terror, seeing as its crawling with Thousand Son sorcerers and shit.

A Grey Knight Master, ok, thats something but Mephiston is just a really powerful librarian. The days of him being OMG super hero have been toned down incredibly.
>>
>>45817276

see >>45816546
Like I said, literally too lazy to read.
>>
>>45817434
>Are people here REALLY trying to argue that a psycher can beat Kharn?

No, rather that Mephiston who is super fast and super strong can kill a pleb like Kharn.
>>
>>45817460
>Some flowery prose on lexicanum says he's Khorne's avatar!

He is a champion with a blessing from Khorne, he is in no way Khorne's avatar.
>>
>>45817596
This has been written in chaos codex since 4th edition. Your just uniformed, I dont understand your need to keep reinforcing what we already know about you.
>>
>>45816546
No, during the Horus Heresy book series Kharn actually gets capital K killed. He however is so angry he literally angry's himself back to life and murderfucks his own legion. Dude has killed a million space marines, you don't fuck with Kharn.
>>
>>45817074
Daemon Princes are weaker than Kharn except for the Red Angel. Daemon Princes in general are actually pretty shitty, especially when fighting pyskers. The four champions of the Chaos Gods are either close to power or more powerful that aligned daemon princes.
>>
>>45811914

Pretty sure that Mephiston gets wrecked turn 1 on the TT in the current edition.

Fluff-wise is another matter. I wouldn't think Kharn's anti-psyker fuckery would really impact Mephiston on account of him being primarily a biomancer and buffing himself through the stratosphere.
>>
>>45818826
In his most private moments, Kharn silently weeps into his copy of the Codex Astartes, knowing that he will never, ever be a part of a legion as good as the Ultramarines, under the inspired leadership of such awesome commanders as Marneus Calgar.
>>
>>45818845
No it's actually pretty fucking close. It really depends on what psyker powers Mephiston rolls and if he pulls it off.
>>
>>45818826
>Daemon Princes are weaker than Kharn

No way in hell.
Doombreed fucked up a Titan.
>>
>>45818921
Really? 7th Ed hit Mephiston pretty fucking hard. I don't know what Kharn's stats are like exactly but Mephy is a shadow of his former self. Also worth noting that Mephiston has no Invulnerable.

Assuming he gets lucky on Quickening and gets Sanguine Sword off. Kharn ded or no?
>>
>The living avatar of the god of bloodshed, murder, and war

vs

> Some guy who got angry sometime but got over it

think it's pretty clear who the winner is here
>>
>>45811914
Why is Kael'thas sunstrider holding a gun?
>>
>>45819051
Mathhammer says the guy that got mad spanks the avatar of bloodshed, murder, and war without much effort. IF Mephiston got his powers off.
>>
>>45816972
I'm sorry, but can you point me to the Chapter Masters that haver fought of 1'000 of Orks at once, with no weapons and badly damaged armour, by themselves, having just spent the last few days staring down genetic insanity while buried under the rubble of a building.
>>
>>45819169
Well Calgar fought off 500 Night Lords soooo
>>
>>45818043

citation needed

I have the 3.5, 4th and 6th codices in front of me and no mention in kharn's entry about him being an avatar at all. page nr?
>>
>>45819169

he didn't simply fight, he fucking tore nobz apart with his bare hands
>>
>>45819398
>mephiston became doomguy
>>
>>45814637
If it's strength 10 then he is insta killed, he's just immune to the force psychic power.
>>
Mephiston because in 40k fluff the "good guys" will almost always win
>>
>>45819694
Depends probably more on the sales of the guys fighting.

Personally, I'd say Kharn wrecks most loyalists, on account of him having about 10,000 years of experience in combat and being the most powerful mortal Champion of Khorne. Surely the Bloodgod wouldn't let him simply die, alive Kharn would be much better for him.
>>
>>45819694
>Good Guys
>40k
Doing it wrong
>>
File: csm_abaddon.jpg (35 KB, 400x661) Image search: [Google]
csm_abaddon.jpg
35 KB, 400x661
>BLACK CRUSADE

>This week a new series about Abaddon’s Black Crusade begins, as he seeks to make Khârn kneel in obedience. It starts this week and the first instalment of the series is free

This is relvant to this thread.

This Monday there will be an eshort that will have Abaddon facing off against Kharn.

Place your bets, guys. I am betting on the Warmaster
>>
I miss the days when Kharn wasn't meme'd so hard

>>45817434
You can't even spell psyker, get your shit together
>>
>>45821939
>Abaddon wants to mak Kharn kneel before him
>they clash a bit, banter a bit, and ultimately Kharn will go his own way
Thus, the Status Quo remains intact.
>>
>>45811914
It all boils down to, who is the angriest?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.